The Secret of Moonacre(Small Group)

Started by taino, September 21, 2010, 10:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taino

The Cast

- Sir Benjamin Merryweather [Maria's Uncle, Elizabeth's Brother]
-(moon)Princess Maria Merryweather [Sir Benjamin's and Lady Elizabeth's Niece] -Taken
-Lady Elizabeth Merryweather [Maria's Aunt, Benjamin's Sister] -Taken

-Lord De Noir [Robin and Lovedays Father]
-Robin De Noir [Lord De Noir's Son, Lovedays Brother] -Taken
-Loveday De Noir [Lord De Noirs estranged Daughter, Robins elder Sister]

The Location

-Moonacre Valley
   -Moonacre Manner
   -De Noir Manner
   -Inner cities.

The Story

Centuries Ago, the De Noirs and the Merryweathers lived in Moonacre valley in harmony. When a daughter of the De Noir family was given a gift of the natures, and the moon. She'd been given a wonderful power, and made the Princess of the Moon. The Ocean gifted her a cluster of magical pearls, so powerful they could expose the truths of the hearts of men, and grant any wish. Upon the night of her Wedding, to a Son of the Merryweathers, their marriage had been blessed. Her father gave to the Merryweather son a gift of Guardian in the form of a rare black lion. And to the Daughter of the De Noir, the Merryweathers gifted a blessed unicorn, bred of the rare white horses of Moonacre.

After this exchange of gifts, and upon facing her bridegroom, the Princess revealed to them the pearls, and in turn, the pearls revealed to her the hatred and the greed in both men's hearts. Betrayed by her Father, and her Lover, she placed a curse upon Moonacre. That by the rise of the 5000Th moon, eternal darkness would consume the valley and destroy all within it, less one of pure heart were to walk amongst the valley again, and save them from themselves. The princess then disappeared and took with her the pearls, hiding them deep within the Valley forests. Leaving the key with the Merryweathers and the Casket with the De Noirs. Who later, find the casket is empty and blame the Merryweathers for the missing pearls. Furthering the hate and darkness in each of their hearts

Now, In late Victorian ages, Maria Merryweather has faced the death of both her mother and father. But her father gifted to her a book entitled "The Secret of Moonacre". To upset, and angered that her father had lost the house, and all their money entitled, she cast the book aside with barely a glance. Upon a new day she was sent to live with her Uncle Sir Benjamin Merryweather in the Valley of Moonacre, in the Moonacre Mannor. The Mannor is lovely, in all it's glory, but is tarnished and falling apart. There is no love, there is no warming touch. It is cold, empty and hollow as is the heart of her Uncle.

From here her adventure will progress, and despite the pleas of her Uncle she ventures into the woods where she meets Robin De Noir, and this is where the story.. truly begins..She learns of a love lost between her uncle, and a De Noir daughter, Loveday. With the held of Loveday, and Robin she seeks to undo the curse, and reunite Loveday and Benjamin. Unknowing that Loveday and Benjamin are not the united front the curse required.. but that of the love between she and Robin.

The plot

-Maria Upon Meeting Robin, will further learn the story behind moonacre and it's supposed curse. And after days of pleading, tricking, and challenging the De Noir son, she encompasses his help, and together they unravel the secret of Moonacre, and find the pearls.

-Robin will face the hardships of lying to his father, pretending to persue the princess in hopes of killing her, to allow the curse to take its toll upon Moonacre and the Merryweathers while hiding his growing love for the woman, and his eagerness to help her undo what has been done.

-Maria must face the consequences of underminding her Uncles laws, disobeying his rules, and torturing him with the face of his lost love. All while trying to save him, from his own hollowing pride, and the curse of the Moon Princess.

-Benjamin, despite his concerns for the Valley, must try to keep Maria out of harms way, and away from the De Noirs. Unused to female company in his household, and (with the hard shoves of Maria) resist his feelings for the Loveday De Noir, too angered that the woman had lied to him years before of her true surname.

-Loveday, A woman of maternal instincts, and one with nature, is much a moon princess herself. But when her attempt to unite the families failed, she is pressed with trying to help Maria solve the mystery, while avoiding the eyes and ears of Benjamin Merryweather. Until Placed face to face with the man, by a little trickery of Maria.

-Elizabeth, having tried to run away from the Valley and it's curse, she Returned in hopes to Aid her younger brother in the raising of Maria, and in hopes of persuading her brother to leave the valley before the curse befalls them. (Possible love interest for Lord De Noir]

-Lord De Noir, a man of empty feelings, swelling pride, and darkness in his heart. Betrayed by his daughter, and little faith in his son, he plans to bring demise to the Merryweather family. He aims to mislead Maria, to kill her by anymeans, and inflict as much harm to the Merryweathers as he can before the curse destroys them, so he may feast upon his revenge. (Possible Love interest for Elizabeth, will eventually see the error in his ways, when the pearls are found.)

Will it End?

-Not unless we want it to. There are many secrets to the Valley of Moonacre, and discovering the Moon Princess, and returning the pearls are only one of them. The Valley is riddled with deeps forests, and enchanting creatures allotting for many adventures. Though this may be persued individually, or wholly if desired. These can be discussed as the main plot further develops, and perhaps lead into a chronicle of marvelous game play.

WARNING!: Reacts Negatively when faced with stupidity.
A&A's Games The Rabbit Hole/ O&O

Jarod1

I'd be intrested in playing Robin.  It looks like a lot of thought was put into this idea and I'd love to see where it goes as a member of the cast.

taino

Quote from: Jarod1 on September 21, 2010, 11:33:42 PM
I'd be intrested in playing Robin.  It looks like a lot of thought was put into this idea and I'd love to see where it goes as a member of the cast.

Ooh yay! I have a Robin! I just need other cast members. If you know anyone who might be interested, send them this way! <3

Jarod1

Quote from: taino on September 21, 2010, 11:42:48 PMOoh yay! I have a Robin! I just need other cast members. If you know anyone who might be interested, send them this way! <3

I'll ask some of my other friends and see if they would be interested. :)

Luella

Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead ~James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

taino

LimitlessNikkie

Lady Elizabeth sounds like she could be fun

taino

LimitlessNikkie

Coolness, are the details concrete or can I tweak her a bit?

taino

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on September 22, 2010, 01:43:28 AM
Coolness, are the details concrete or can I tweak her a bit?

Tweak away, the given details are merely suggestions. I will not deny a player the right to hone their characters to better suit them.

Jarod1

looks like we're still looking for a Benjamin and lord Denoir

taino

Quote from: Jarod1 on September 23, 2010, 10:33:29 PM
looks like we're still looking for a Benjamin and lord Denoir

I had a possible Benjamin, but he felt he would not be able to keep up with the posts, so... hmn..

Jarod1

I'm still talking to people but most of the people I've talked to are busy at the moment.

Jarod1

still looking for a benjamin and Lord Denoir I see, i might know somebody who can play on of the roles.

taino

Quote from: Jarod1 on October 01, 2010, 10:47:16 PM
still looking for a benjamin and Lord Denoir I see, i might know somebody who can play on of the roles.

If not, I did give it my best.=]

No worries.

Luella

Hi, sorry but i have to pull out from Loveday's role due to not being able to be active as much as I'd liked.  :'(
Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead ~James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

taino

Quote from: Luella on October 02, 2010, 01:59:13 AM
Hi, sorry but i have to pull out from Loveday's role due to not being able to be active as much as I'd liked.  :'(

S'quite alright dear.