Avengers Movieverse (Intrest Check)

Started by VoluptuousVixen, September 20, 2011, 10:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last of the Great Mikeys

I would never force this on a character, but Loki could use his powers to turn Steve into a bisexual loose hedonist with a kink for bestiality! Loki turns into a giraffe and Captain America springs a hardon! That would be funny.

Nobody do that! Seriously, funny, but no!

krakenknight

Quote from: Last of the Great Mikeys on September 30, 2011, 01:39:24 PM
I would never force this on a character, but Loki could use his powers to turn Steve into a bisexual loose hedonist with a kink for bestiality! Loki turns into a giraffe and Captain America springs a hardon! That would be funny.

Nobody do that! Seriously, funny, but no!

I'm remembering a Yahtzee quote. Right now I think I'll agree, let thenplayer massacre Steve's character before letting loki do it.

VoluptuousVixen

Last of the Great Mikeys

Ghostraven

krakenknight

VoluptuousVixen

VoluptuousVixen

Can Everyone PLEASE complete their Bios???

Cold Heritage

I can't seem to find the bio skeleton to fill out. @_@ Am I blind?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Gladiator0161

meh, tired of writing bios...they're so much work *cries*

Cold Heritage

Loislanekent wanted me to put in a bio of Captain America. I said I'd get it done, so here it is. I could go over the list and be a different Avenger, too, rather than usurping a spot if there someone who is really needed. Could also a USAgent.

CAPTAIN AMERICA
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Heterosexual

COSTUME:

APPEARANCE WITHOUT COSTUME:

POWERS/ABILITIES: As a recipient of the super-soldier serum, Steve Rogers has:
- Superhuman Strength;
- Enhanced Speed;
- Enhanced Agility;
- Enhanced Reflexes;
- Superhuman Stamina;
- Superhuman Durability;
- Superhuman Healing;
- Superhuman Disease/Toxin Resistance;
- Alcohol Immunity;
- Enhanced Senses;

Steven Rogers has also received extensive combat training. He is a master of armed and unarmed combat, proficient in an extensive variety of small and heavy arms along with unconventional weapons such as swords and his signature shield. Steve knows how to operate most military vehicles, from AFVs to tanks to jets to SHIELD's more exotic models, even a helicarrier. Anything he does not know he is capable of learning in extremely short periods of times. The super-soldier serum has has given Steve a powerful analytical mind, making him an exceptional strategist and tactician.

Perhaps Rogers' greatest asset is his indomitable will. He can resist all forms of temptation and torture through force of will alone. Dr. Erskine even theorized that the success of the super-soldier serum in augmenting Rogers' was due to Rogers' sheer force of will.

HISTORY: Steven Rogers grew up in Brooklyn, New York, during the harsh years of the Depression. Physically frail, Steve's father died during the First World War and as such was not around to raise him. Despite that, Steve developped a strong moral compass and compassionate heart. Neither of these were lost when his mother would later succumb to illness, leaving Rogers alone in the world save for his friend Buchanan 'Bucky' Barnes. Bucky was responsible for helping Rogers out of a lot of fights, but Rogers himself never gave up and never quit, even when he was outmatched by healthier, crueller men.

When America joined WW2 on the side of the Allies, Steve yearned to go and fight. Other men were risking their lives in combat zones, and it shamed Steve Rogers that he would be relegated to gathering scrap metal or some other task because of his weak body. He tried, multiple times, to enlist in the Army, falsifying his enlistment forms numerous times - while not the legal thing to do, Steve thought it was the moral thing to do. He would be vindicated if only he could get to do as much as any other man. This impressed Dr. Erskine, who overhead an argument between Rogers and Barnes outside a recruiting agency. The doctor then spoke to Rogers, trying to determine whether Steve was motivated by callous desire for murder, or perhaps something else. Convinced that Rogers was motivated by a desire for justice, the doctor intervened and gave Rogers a chance, entering Rogers into a pool of candidates to receive the super-soldier serum. The tests were fairly trivial for other men, measures of physical fitness, hand-eye coordination, and so forth. But Rogers did not give up, despite various physical ailments and shortcomings. Perhaps what proved Rogers to be the right candidate to the commanding officer was that, of all candidates, he was the only one to not scramble when a dummy grenade was thrown amongst the prospective super-soldiers. In fact, Rogers threw himself on the grenade.

Rogers would indeed go on to receive the super-soldier serum, enduring the pain of the augmentation. He emerged better than he could have dreamed. Sadly, Dr. Erskine was killed during the experiment by a Nazi spy, and some important secret of the process was lost with the doctor. Instead of becoming the first of many, Steve Rogers was America's only super-soldier. He was relegated to doing bond drives state-side, because the higher-ups did not want to risk losing their only super-weapon. It was hoped from Rogers' blood that the process could be reverse-engineered, but this would take years, perhaps decades, without Erskine's mind to guide them. Although Steve performed for the bond drives, he felt wasted. Shame made his every waking moment pure agony. Men, better men, were off fighting and dying. The true depths of his fall were laid bare to Steve when he was shipped overseas to try and boost morale of the common men, but he was jeered and booed offstage by real men who did not take kindly to a costumed clown.

Rogers learned later that day that his friend, Bucky, had been captured and that a rescue mission would not be launched. The facility Barnes was held captive in was so far behind enemy lines that more men would be lost than rescued, and in the basic arithmetic of winning a war it was an easy call. So Steve went AWOL, performing a one-man raid on what turned out to be a HYDRA facility. Steve managed to save most of the prisoners, liberating them and helping them to seize HYDRA equipment. Some men were lost in the prison break, but many more made it back to Allied lines.  From there on, Rogers became an active combatant, fighting to the end of the war against the Axis and against HYDRA.

A fateful final confrontation with the Red Skull would see Rogers lost in action. The Skull had developped a doomsday weapon intended to destroy America, and then the rest of the world. It was an advanced bomber capable of crossing from Europe to America. Rogers led an attack on the HYDRA facility this 'Valkyrie' was stored in, hoping to prevent its launch entirely. The attack was not successful in this regard, and so Steve boarded the Valkyrie and fought against HYDRA soldiers and the Skull himself. Although Rogers triumphed, he had no other option but to take the bomber down before it carried out its pre-programmed attack run. Forcing the bomber down into the ice, Rogers was knocked unconcious in the crash and lost when the bomber was swallowed up by the ice.

Seventy years later, the ice shifted and by accident a team of explorers found the bomber. The find eventually drew SHIELD attention, and Captain America was brought back to the modern world. It was difficult for Steve at first, but Nick Fury reminded Rogers that even if the people he had known were gone, the country that he loved was still there, and showed Rogers that it needed him more than ever. Captain America fought with SHIELD, not just for American security, but for world peace. He joined the Avengers project, helping to defeat Loki and many other threats to global peace.

PERSONALITY: Steve Rogers tends to be withdrawn. He does not relate to the modern world very well. The man is friendly enough to his fellow Avengers, but they tend to have very little in common. The popular culture he grew up on is out of date, and he espouses values that many hold as anachronistic. After all of these years, also, Steve has not learned how to talk to women, and the advances women have made post-war are something - though pleasant - to him. There is a part of Steve that resents that people have not come as far as people of his time thought: the presence of racism, classism, sexism, and other unpleasant -isms still being around was a bitter pill to swallow. He hates the partisanship of American politics, and especially when pundits of any stripe try to use him to support their agenda.

The mission is really all Steve has. He holds onto it like a drowning man hangs on to a piece of driftwood. It is the only thing truly keeping him sane, although he is doing better than when he first was thawed out - and he is doing a better job of keeping his emotional state hidden from the others.

EQUIPMENT: Captain America's costume contains vibranium chest and back plates, while the majority of it is made from bulletproof kevlar and composite antiballistic materials. His utility belt contains many useful tactical devices, prepped as the mission might require. Flashbangs and miniaturized explosives are common.

His signature disc shield is an adamantium/vibranium alloy, rendering it virtually indestructible.

KNOWN ENEMIES: HYDRA

Nachtmahr

I might have hust a little bit of trouble participating as i've just last friday broken my left arm :(
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Gladiator0161

Aww that sucks, sorry to hear that Elyza. How'd that happen?

Last of the Great Mikeys

Oh, now that well and truly sucks!

Do we need to amputate? I'll get out the hammer and chisel!

Gannameade

Nachtmahr

O.O Im definately keeping it! but yeah, well.. Rainy day, big road, crashed my bike.
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

krakenknight

Hey there not dead, Loislanekent asked me to take on Iron man

Name Tony Stark
Alias : Iron man
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Height:
    5’8"
Weight:
    185 lbs.
Eyes:
    Brown
Hair:
    Black
Citizenship
   U.S. citizen
Place of Birth:
    Los Angeles California

Powers: Special suit, augmented strength, repulsor fields.
Weaknesses: he’s a regular human under the suit, he’s a braying ass at times, Arc reactor.

History:
Early Life
Born to legendary innovator and weapons developer Howard Stark, Tony's early life was often dominated by the absense of his father who he would later describe as 'cold' and 'calculating'. However from an early age he quickly stole the spotlight with his brilliant and unique mind. At age four he built his first circuit board, at age six his first engine, and at seventeen he graduated summa cum laude from MIT.
Then his parents were killed in a car accident. Howard Stark's lifelong friend and ally, Obadiah Stane, stepped in to fill the gap left by the legendary founder. At age twenty-one, Tony became the new CEO of Stark Industries. With the keys to the kingdom, he ushered in a new era for his father's legacy, creating smarter weapons, advanced robotics, and satellite targeting. Today, Tony Stark has changed the face of the weapons industry by "insuring freedom and protecting America and her interests around the globe."

Captured in Afghanistan
Stark traveled to Afghanistan to introduce his new missile design, "The Jericho", to the United States Air Force. He was attacked and badly injured by shrapnel from the detonation of a Stark missile. He woke up to find that he was still alive thanks to his fellow captive, Dr. Yinsen, who made a high powered electromagnet to hold the shrapnel in place, thus keeping him alive. He was ordered by their captors, a terrorist group called the Ten Rings, to build them a version of Stark Industries' "Jericho Missile", an extremely destructive, multi-warhead weapon. Instead he built a powered suit of armour along with a miniature arc reactor to keep him alive.
During his escape Dr. Yinsen was killed in an attempt to stall the guards long enough to buy Stark enough time to charge the suit. After the suit was powered up he broke out and destroyed all stock they had of Stark weapons, and used a jet booster to travel away from there. He crashed into the sand and abandoned his armor. He was traveling for some time before U.S. military helicopters picked him up and took him back to Los Angeles.
Upon returning to the United States, Stark declared that Stark Industries would no longer manufacture weapons, a move which his business partner Obadiah Stane told him was blocked by the board members shortly after. He decided to improve his armor suit by refining its flight capability, and built a more powerful and reliable arc reactor, both to power his pacemaker and the suit. Faced with the realization of what his company had done, Stark donned the Mark III suit and flew to Afghanistan to stop the Ten Rings. He stopped the group and destroyed their Stark weapon stock, while accidentally drawing the attention of the United States Air Force and his friend Lt. Colonel Jim Rhodes. They sent two F-22 jets after Stark to shoot him down. Stark managed to escape the jets. Rhodes covered up the incident after he found out that it was Stark, stating that it was a training exercise. While he was working on improving the suit he discovered that Stane had been "dealing under the table" to both sides in the conflict. He sent his assistant Virginia "Pepper" Potts to hack into the Stark mainframe. While he was back at home Stane stunned him with a device that induced temporary paralysis and took his arc reactor/pacemaker to power his suit. He went back to his lab after the paralyzing device wore off and tried to get the old reactor before he goes into cardiac arrest. With the help of his personal A.I. computer J.A.R.V.I.S., he was able to put the arc-reactor in his chest. Then he went to stop Stane.

Battle against Stane
Using his first reactor, which was not designed to power his latest armor, Stark battled with Stane atop Stark Industries and the surrounding streets, defeating him when the full-sized arc reactor that powers the lab was deliberately overloaded, under Stark's instruction, by Potts. Stark's reactor reactivated after having almost failed completely from the blast.
Aftermath
Afterwards, Stark's alter ego was dubbed "Iron Man" by the press. Stark held a press conference where his government contacts expected him to state that Iron Man was Stark's own bodyguard. However, after stumbling into a loaded question by one of the press reps, he ultimately made his identity as Iron Man public instead. Later during the night, Stark comes home and was greeted by Nick Fury, leader of S.H.I.E.L.D. (the Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division), who told him about the Avenger Initiative.

Palladium Poisoning
Stark's design of the reactor in his chest required a heavy element such as palladium to keep it running. Unfortunately, palladium was continuously eroded by the neutron bombardment, and released deadly poisons into Tony's body.
As he came to understand that his demise was at hand, he began giving his things away to his trusted friends and family. Pepper took over as CEO of Stark Industries, and Rhodey was allowed to 'steal' the Mark 2 Iron Man suit and take it back to the US Military.
It wasn't until SHIELD's intervention that Tony's poisoning symptoms were temporarily reverted and he was set on the trail to find his father's design for a new element to replace the Palladium. Building a small particle accelerator in his garage, Tony was finally able to create a new element that met his needs, and in turn created a brand new suit to utilize the new power.
Whiplash and Justin Hammer
While Tony struggled with his illness, the son of Howard Stark's partner in building the original Arc Reactor, Ivan Vanko, was creating a mini arc reactor of his own. Using crude materials, Ivan was able to create a chest piece that fed the energy from the reactor into two electrical whips he could then use to cut through metal and electrify things with.
Vanko attacked Tony at the Grand Prix while he was driving the car he sponsored, and would have killed him if not for the intervention of Pepper and Happy. Vanko was quickly carted off to jail for his actions, but the effects were much more permanent.
Justin Hammer had Vanko released, and brought him to his armament factory to design a new Iron Man suit to best Stark. Ultimately, Vanko double crossed Hammer and created robot drones of his own liking to actually kill Tony. Ironically, it was Hammer's additions to the Mark II suit, piloted by Rhodes which prevented Tony's death. Together, they worked to destroy the drones, and bring Hammer into custody.
With his illness corrected, a new suit of his own, and coming out once again on top, Tony returned to the life he enjoyed, acting as a consultant to Nick Fury's Avenger Initiative.

Fury found himself pressured by his superiors to make a spot for Emil Blonsky (dubbed "The Abomination") on the roster due to his status as a war hero; with his villainous acts in Harlem being attributed to Bruce Banner. Fury, not wanting Blonsky anywhere near his team, left the matter to Agent Culson who decided to send Stark to meet with and antagonize General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross so that he would refuse to release Blonsky to S.H.I.E.L.D. The plan worked with Stark enraging Ross to the point that the general tried to have him removed from the bar they were in. Stark responded by buying the building and having it demolished.

Gladiator0161

Got a question, who is the hooded cloaked man that is confronting Batman in the thread? I am truly confounded because I couldn't find any villains, on the net or in my DC Encyclopedia, that use fighting sticks like that and wear a cloak.

krakenknight

Quote from: Gladiator0161 on October 17, 2011, 12:39:46 AM
Got a question, who is the hooded cloaked man that is confronting Batman in the thread? I am truly confounded because I couldn't find any villains, on the net or in my DC Encyclopedia, that use fighting sticks like that and wear a cloak.

Well considering this is a Marvel thread I'd guess its the punisher :P

Ghostraven

I think you meant to post this in the Justice League OOC.
I'm petty sure its Nightwing since he fights like that, I'm guessing the cloak is to make him mysterious (it apparently worked).  :-)

Cold Heritage

Quote from: krakenknight on October 17, 2011, 04:14:02 AM
Well considering this is a Marvel thread I'd guess its the punisher :P

Moon Knight fights with sticks, iirc, and wears a cloak.

krakenknight

Quote from: Cold Heritage on October 18, 2011, 01:00:40 AM
Moon Knight fights with sticks, iirc, and wears a cloak.

I know, I was referring to that bizarre crossover comic DC and Marvel did during the 90s. Batman and the punisher what a bizarre team up

VoluptuousVixen

Hey guys, my internet connectin is down at the moment. Hence we taken so long to reply as black widow/nick fury. In my defence a day ago  I wrote a very long and detailed post and then I accidents pressed a button on my laptop which renders the whole post invalid. I hate that when that happens. Anyway loveing the posts thus far and Il be on soon as possible.

krakenknight

Quote from: loislanekent on October 18, 2011, 10:43:54 AM
Hey guys, my internet connectin is down at the moment. Hence we taken so long to reply as black widow/nick fury. In my defence a day ago  I wrote a very long and detailed post and then I accidents pressed a button on my laptop which renders the whole post invalid. I hate that when that happens. Anyway loveing the posts thus far and Il be on soon as possible.

Glad your all right. I was wondering where our esteemed master of ceremonies went.