News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What WOULD you be playing?

Started by Sabby, December 19, 2009, 12:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Delayed? No updates? Unannounced? Games we want can linger too far away :( discuss whats bugging you here.

Right now, I'm on edge for Bloodrayne 3. It was assumed to not be in developement, even though Terminal Reality were all wet for a current gen BR game. Now, their Infernal Engine has suddenly gotten bigger then Unreal 3, and they're rolling in the dough.

...and yet, no ones saying anything!! D= spill guys! Want BR3 announced v.v

Brandon

Still waiting for half life 3 and with the recent release of Left 4 dead 2 (a game that I don't particularly enjoy anyway) I'm starting to think it will end up like Duke Nukem forever
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

I thought they dropped full sequels and were handling it episodically? Valve did a lot with plain old Quake engine, and then really went to town with simple old Havok... I'm wondering if maybe they'll tackle the dynamic physics that are popping up everywhere.

Brandon

Valve hasnt been very clear on the plans but last I heard they were supposed to be releasing Half life episode 3 eventually. Its been a few years, I dont mind waiting 1 more at this point but if it doesnt come out by the end of 2010 then Im chalking it off as a game thats never going to get made
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Raveled

Primal 2.  Legend of Legia 3.  Future Cop 2.  Le sigh. ::)
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

TheWriter

Bayonetta.  I would be playing that SO HARD.

Inkidu

Mass Effect 2
Alpha Protocol
Dead Space 2
Rage
Enslaved
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Oh the list goes on, and on.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Aiden

Sabby

This topic is mostly for games with some kind of issue in their release. Mass Effect 2 and the like are on schedule, just not released. This is to vent frustrations over games that have gone quiet or been delayed, or had announcements that your not too fond of.

...so far, all I have is my original gripe on Bloodrayne 3, and the limbo that its official announcement is residing in.

Aiden

Well strike diablo 3 off my list, but starcraft 2 has been delayed again and again and it is driving me up a freaking wall!

Sabby

One not too many would be holding out hopes for...

Clive Barkers Demonik.

Third person action game originally made to coincide with the movie, only playing as the demon instead of the films main character. Thought to be dead, but the movie Grandma's Boy used the game as part of its plot, and so it got a huge resurgance of attention. Hoping the project can live again, though hopes are dwindling.

Sabby

Dead Island... super realistic physics used for killing zombies with crowbars, bats, machetes, pistols, shotguns, chairs... the damage system is suppose to encompass everything from lacerations, to bruising, to broken bones, to encaving the skull, to outright beheading and decapping.

2 years since its last official update... v.v

Drake Valentine

Whoa, I never heard of Dead Island before. >.> The game looks epic. *Big fan of zombie base games.*

If it includes multiple players online or something, would be more niffy. I was looking it up since you shared images of it, browsed Wikipedia on the game topic.

The game's site though still seems 'underdevelopment.' ;\

Though from Wikipedia

QuoteAlthough Dead Island has been in development for quite some time, the game has not been canceled. Some speculation has been circulating that the game has been canceled due to the fact that the game's site has been "under construction" since mid 2008. In a short interview with one of the game's leading developers in July 2009 it is revealed that the game has not been canceled but the game's unknown publisher imposed a media ban on Techland to stop them from showing off Dead Island, Techland has stated that the current status of the game is "still in development and looking great."[3]

The game is said to come out in the early 2010.

So if anything, hopefully it is still in works, looks very promising.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Sabby

A surprise release? Now THAT is something we don't see enough of these days ^^ Hopefully, they'll just pipe up out of no where soon with "Oh hai, Dead Islands coming out in 2 months. Awesome, huh?"

Slywyn

Duke Nukem (is going to be in development) Forever.

I loved the Nukem games as a kid.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Sabby

Just after it was cancelled for real, an untitled Duke Nukem game was slipped under the radar to a new developement team... its either them continueing Forever, or its an entirely new game by a company that has got to be a whole lot more competent then 3D Realms was.

Either is a good thing ^^ so don't count Duke out just yet.

Slywyn

Did they ever actually cancel it for real? I just thought it was vaporware.

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Sabby

3D Realms went under, and Forever was cancelled. The only way it could still be in development is if SOMEONE ELSE bought it. And that seems to be exactly whats happened.

Darkpoet

Portal 2. It was announced, but not much past that.

Avi

Half Life 2: Episode 3.  Kind of the same situation as Portal 2.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Oniya

I would love to see Breath of Fire 6, either as an actual sequel to Dragon Quarter, or just another game with the BoF concept.  Yes, as much as Dragon Quarter kicked my butt, I still love the series.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Another 2 that are teasing me. Deus Ex 3, and the new Mortal Kombat. Both are confirmed, but are being very quiet.

Inkidu

I heard some chatter about Command & Conquer 4 taking longer.

I probably won't be able to play it anyways. Unless EA decides to drop that whole, "You have to be online even in single player to play this game" thing.

Really a shame, since I must know what happens to Kane.

Long Live Kane!

(Where did that come from?"
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Slywyn

Kane's my favorite character ever. Just ahead of Oliver from that movie about the little kitten in New York.

Braioch

I think the one thing that really gets me is the teasing of possibly remaking FFVII, I know some people didn't like it or get into the hype. But it was the first actual RPG I played and beat, so it's stuck with me and I would love to see it remade on a current gen system, because come on now, that would just look awesome.

They keep teasing with possibly redoing it, or possibly not, it's driving me nuts >.<
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]