Serenity based game

Started by CaptainErotica, February 28, 2007, 01:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max

While I have no experience with Last Unicorn, and have never been fond of White Wolf.  But GURPS is the same way, sink enough points into Wealth and you could have more money than Bill Gates, to use a modern example.

Anyway, lets see, can I get some character concepts here?  Again, I am not looking for fully stated characters, just a broad idea of what you are wanted.  Also, it might let me know who is in and who is not.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

RubySlippers

Older stately Companion maybe in her forties out to seek some adventure.

Max

Thanks, but was mostly wondering about all those who expressed an interest.  Would like to know if they are still in or not.  And what kind of characters I am likely to have.

Ons and offs:

CaptainErotica

I'm working on the Captain right now. I'm thinking maybe he flew fighters or bombers during the war, independant side.

RogueJedi

A former Browncoat pilot for me.  She is irrepressibly cute though.

Suzaku

So what's the overall campaign goal? Please tell me it's not setting up a brothel...

CaptainErotica

my gooals are simple..find a crew, make money, and not get dead...not necasarily in that order.

Suzaku

What type of ship is a firefly? I wonder if can become bounty hunter and smuggler like? oO

RogueJedi

i will just be like a leaf upon the wind... *giggle*

maybe i should just blindfold myself as i fly...

CaptainErotica

Firefly's are medium transports. you could hire on as a bodyguard type like Jayne from the Movie/TV show, and maybe do some bounty hunting on the side. Plenty of smuggling to be had, as long as you got no qualms about not being a law abidin' citizen, in which case you won't be part of my crew. Don ma?

Praxis

so is this up and running?

Are there more characters needed?

CaptainErotica

Talk to Max he's the man. i'm just the Captain, but i think we might have a bunk for yah.

RogueJedi

hmmm... this will be interesting.  unfortunately, wash had a wife... i am gonna probably be like kaylee and having to use plastic between my nethers *giggle*

Swedish Steel

Hehe. I wonder if I should play a rastafari roughneck. ;)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Suzaku

As soon as I get the books I'll make up a character.

RogueJedi

if you were on YM, i think i have a pdf of the rulebook.  i'm pretty sure i do.

Suzaku

I'm at work so I have to wait anyway :P

shadowheart

If there's still a bunk open, I am in.

Ex-Alliance combat medic type.  I need to work out the details, and yes I have the rules in PDF.  I picture her as having  some level of military training, and certainly as I alluded to before, some less-than-wholesome memories from the war .. but not really being a soldier exactly.

Quote from: Max on March 15, 2007, 08:05:21 PM
Thanks, but was mostly wondering about all those who expressed an interest.  Would like to know if they are still in or not.  And what kind of characters I am likely to have.

Praxis

Wicked.  So what does the crew need?

HairyHeretic

Quote from: shadowoftheheart on March 16, 2007, 03:54:05 PM
Ex-Alliance combat medic type.  I need to work out the details, and yes I have the rules in PDF.  I picture her as having  some level of military training, and certainly as I alluded to before, some less-than-wholesome memories from the war .. but not really being a soldier exactly.

I ran a fairly similar character in our Serenity game. My character was an ex Browncoat. He dropped out of med school midway through to join up, became a medical corpsman, attached to a MASH unit. He was captured during the Serenity Valley offensive, about a week before it ended, when he refused to abandon a triage position with wounded still there.

He wouldn't use guns, though I did give him a pretty high martial arts score. I said it was Aikido, so he was willing to defend himself .. just not really willing to attack anyone.

He ended up getting shot in the head by the captain. He'd been wounded, and was undergoing surgery when reavers turned up. The captain decided to give him a mercy killing and shot him while he was unconsious.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

CaptainErotica

I also have the rules on PDF in anyone needs them.

Swedish Steel

I had the rules once, but I think it must have been on my crashed hard drive. So I guess you could say I need them.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

CaptainErotica

if you have yahoo, MSN, or AIM I can send them to you.

Mindhazingsquid

If you're trying to start up the serenty game again I still have my engineer.

Max

Quote from: mindhazingsquid on March 18, 2007, 12:16:43 PM
If you're trying to start up the serenty game again I still have my engineer.

Yep, still interested.  But, wil have to rework her, am going to tone down the power level a bit.

Ons and offs: