The Pathfinder Society of Absalom [Pathfinder System] SEEKING PLAYERS

Started by PhantomPistoleer, October 11, 2015, 08:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

Introduction:  Hello, I'm the PhantomPistoleer and I want to be your Venture Captain!  I've tried on various occasions to start system games on E but they were unsuccessful.  However, I am eager to get out there and try again.  Specifically, I'm interested in organizing a Pathfinder Society on E!  What's a Pathfinder Society you ask?  Check the quote below!

Welcome to Pathfinder Society Organized Play!

Pathfinder Society Organized Play is a worldwide fantasy roleplaying campaign that puts YOU in the role of an agent of the Pathfinder Society, a legendary league of explorers, archaeologists, and adventurers dedicated to discovering and chronicling the greatest mysteries and wonders of an ancient world beset by magic and evil.

The campaign’s home base is sprawling Absalom, the so-called City at the Center of the World, that stands astride the great Inner Sea on the mountain-capped Isle of Kortos. A Pathfinder’s adventures explore the dark alleys and political intrigue of Absalom between far-flung travels to the most interesting and exotic locales in the world of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

In Pathfinder Society Organized Play, you play a member of the Pathfinder Society, seeking fortune and glory all over the face of Golarion. At the same time, your character works for one of the competing factions, all with their own motivations and secret agendas.

Play is organized into Seasons, throughout which the actions and achievements of you and your fellow Pathfinders create an ongoing storyline. Each season consists of at least 28 Pathfinder Society scenarios (short, 4-hour adventures) set in a variety of exotic locations across Golarion.

The adventures are short, and they're usually not interrelated.  This permits interchangeability in players, and an ability to bring new players in after adventures are completed.  Thematically, the adventures can be a little childish and some of the adventures I've looked through have segments that seem like filler.  But, it's fun to just play, right?

My intention is to run small adventures comprised of three agents.  However, the game permits for players to have multiple agents, and for there to be more players than slots for agents (because players will have access to a freeform 'tap room' at the Pathfinder Lodge).  Besides, other players might be interested in running other Pathfinder Adventures -- and I may be able to run two at the same time.

Is there any interest?  I got enough interest.

Details about Character Creation:
Character Creation Rules

Regularly, at least four players participate in Pathfinder Society adventures.  However, the more players that participate on an e-board adventure game, the less likely the game is to succeed.  So, parties herein will be composed of three players ("Triumvirates").  Accordingly, some character creation features have been changed to compensate for the loss of an additional player.

• Faction:  Please select either Andorran, Cheliax, Osirion, Qadira, or Qaldor.

• Andoran: Members of the Andoran faction seek to topple tyrannies from within, aiding dissidents and freedom fighters with equipment, funds, or intelligence. They are fierce foes of slavery and can take extreme measures against those who buy and sell people.
    • Cheliax: The promise of power and riches lures many to the Cheliax faction, which seeks to spread the faith and order of Asmodeus across the Inner Sea and beyond.
    • Osirion: Many have written off the desert nation of Osirion as a land lost to history, no longer a force to be reckoned with. The Ruby Prince Khemet III, personal sponsor of this faction, seeks to reacquire secrets and artifacts of Osirion’s lost glory in an effort to reclaim his nation’s destiny.
    • Qadira: The Qadira faction seeks to control the commerce of the entire Inner Sea, breaking its enemies’ monopolies and enforcing its own. In the pursuit of this goal, faction members display a ruthlessness that can put the Chelaxians to shame. Often their missions involve the defamation of a rival or the disruption of another nation’s trade.
    • Taldor: The mighty Taldan empire once spanned a significant portion of the Inner Sea, but its glory days are long over. The Taldor faction seeks to reclaim this preeminence—not through conquest as their ancestors did, but by turning their enemies against one another, through political victories, and, of course, by gaining control over Absalom.
  • Ability Scores:  25 Point Buy.
  • Races:  Core Rulebook. You may also select aasimar, tengu, or tiefling as your character’s race with access to the proper Additional Resources book. Other races are not legal unless the character’s Chronicle stack includes a race boon.
  • Classes: 
    Additional class and race options from resources like the Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player’s Guide, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Combat, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Race Guide, and Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Inner Sea World Guide are generally available with few or no alterations, as well. In some cases, such as magic item creation, the special nature of a worldwide organized play campaign requires minor changes to standard class features. Please note the following such changes:

• Alchemist: Alchemists receive the Extra Bombs feat at 1st level instead of Brew Potion.
    • Antipaladin: This alternate class is not available to Pathfinder Society characters.
    • Cavalier: Instead of the Expert Trainer class feature, Pathfinder Society cavaliers receive Skill Focus (Handle Animal) as a bonus feat.
    • Cleric: Clerics with the Nobility domain get the Persuasive feat at 8th level instead of the Leadership feat. Clerics with the Rune domain receive Spell Focus at 1st level instead of Scribe Scroll. Clerics of Irori receive Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat so they can use their deity’s favored weapon (unarmed strike) without provoking an attack of opportunity.
    • Druid: Druids with the Nobility domain get the Persuasive feat at 8th level instead of the Leadership feat.
    • Oracle: Oracles with the Nature mystery receive animal growth as a bonus spell at 10th level instead of awaken.
    • Witch: Witches may not select the cauldron hex.
    • Wizard: Wizards receive Spell Focus at 1st level instead of Scribe Scroll. Only items listed as Always Available may be selected as the free bonded object granted to a wizard at 1st level. If you wish to apply a legal archetype to your character, you may do so at 1st level as normal. Additionally, you may apply an archetype to an existing class any time you level up as long as the first alternate ability does not replace an ability granted at a previous level.
  • Languages:See Languages of Golarion.
  • Skills:  Standard.  However, between adventures, characters have "jobs" that earn them additional income.  The amount of income that characters receive from their day job are determined through either Craft, Perform, or Profession checks.
  • Feats:  Characters select feats according to the guidelines in the Core Rulebook. Certain Core Rulebook feats are not available to Pathfinder Society characters. These include Brew Potion, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Rod,
    Craft Staff, Craft Wand, Craft Wondrous Item, Forge Ring, Leadership, and Scribe Scroll.  Neither the craft feats nor the item creation section of the magic items chapter in the Core Rulebook are legal for play. Additionally, except for specific examples cited in this guide or the Pathfinder Society FAQ, crafting of
    mundane items is not allowed in Pathfinder Society.
  • Traits:  All characters may take two traits;
  • Alignment:  Any, but evil excluded;
  • Hit Points:  Max;
  • Equipment: 150 gp, plus an explorer's outfit and a Wayfarer Compass;
Wayfarer Compass

WAYFINDER
Aura faint evocation; CL 5th
Slot none; Price 500 gp; Weight 1 lb.

DESCRIPTION

A small magical device patterned off ancient Azlanti relics, a
wayfinder is a compact compass typically made from silver
and bearing gold accents. A badge of office for agents of
the Pathfinder Society, a wayfinder is as much a handy tool
as a status symbol. With a command word, you can cause
a wayfinder to shine (as the light spell). A wayfinder also acts
as a nonmagical (magnetic) compass, granting you a +2
circumstance bonus on Survival checks to avoid becoming
lost. All wayfinders include a small indentation designed
to hold a single ioun stone. An ioun stone slotted in this
manner grants you its normal benefits as if it were orbiting
your head; some ioun stones can grant additional powers
once they are fitted into a wayfinder, at the GM’s discretion.

CONSTRUCTION

Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, light; Cost 250 gp

Rules:
General Rules

• No Player vs. Player Combat
  • Do Not Bully Other Players
  • Do Not Cheat
  • Do Not Metagame

Game Rules

• Experience:  Pathfinder Society Scenarios do not award experience points in the traditional sense. Additionally, Pathfinder Society characters may choose between two different advancement speeds to customize their Pathfinder experience to their preference or to allow new friends to catch up.

Standard Advancement: In the standard advancement track, for every scenario that your Pathfinder successfully completes, you receive 1 XP.

Slow Advancement: In the slow advancement track, for every scenario that your Pathfinder successfully completes, you receive 1/2 XP.

The choice of advancement track is personal to your character, so it is entirely possible to have characters in the same adventuring party advancing at different rates.  In both advancement rates, your Pathfinder levels up each time he acquires 3 XP. You may not continue to play your character at the lower level once he has earned enough XP to gain a level.
  • Day Jobs:  Not every Pathfinder works for the Society full time. Some are trained artisans, professionals, or performers and earn extra gold on the side, between missions. During these times, you can attempt a trained Craft, Perform, or Profession check to see how much extra money you earn— this is called a Day Job check. In the Pathfinder Society campaign, you may make one Day Job check after the end of each adventure. Certain Vanities (Pathfinder Society Field Guide 60) allow you to further modify your Day Job rolls, or even let you use skill ranks from other, more specialized skills like Heal or Sleight of Hand as Day Job rolls.

Permanent bonuses from equipment, feats, racial bonuses, and traits affect your Day Job check as they would any check for the rolled skill, but temporary bonuses
    such as those granted by spell effects, other than crafter’s fortune, do not contribute, as the duration over which the Day Job check is made is undefined and represents a longer amount of time than a spell’s duration would permit the bonus to remain. You may take 10 on a Day Job check, but you may not take 20 nor can you aid another.

In order to determine how much money you make as a result of a Day Job check, consult Table 5–1.

TABLE 5–1: DAY JOB CHECK REWARDS

DC Result GP Award
    5 1 gp
    10 5 gp
    15 10 gp
    20 20 gp
    25 50 gp
    30 75 gp
    35 100 gp
    40 150 gp
  • Buying Equipment:See Buying Equipment;
  • Prestige:  See Prestige;
  • Free Reroll:  Per adventure, each character is entitled to one free re-roll;

Details about Absalom, the site of origination:
Absalom Notes

ABSALOM
ALIGNMENT: N
CAPITAL: Absalom (303,900)

NOTABLE SETTLEMENTS

Diobel (4,850), Escadar (11,700)

GOVERNMENT

Grand Council composed of representatives from several major noble houses and religious groups. The greatest of this council, called the primarch, enjoys a wide range of powers.

LANGUAGES

Common, Osiriani, Kelish

RELIGION

Abadar, Iomedae, Aroden, Norgorber, Cayden Cailean, Nethys, Sarenrae, Calistria, Shelyn, Irori

NOTES

Absalom is the most famous of all cities, and takes pride in being one of the largest and wealthiest cities in the known world. According to myth, Absalom was founded by Aroden himself when the Last of the First Humans raised the Starstone from the ocean depths and left it in its current resting place at the heart of the city. It is thus a living part of mythology.

Absalom sits in the largest natural harbor on the Isle of Kortos in the eye of the Inner Sea. This allows the city to control dozens of major shipping lanes and makes it a critical stop on any voyage across that sea. The confluence of mercantile, strategic, and religious influence in Absalom earns its title: “City at the Center of the World.” Of course, it also attracts would-be conquerors, many of whom have unsuccessfully assaulted the city throughout history. The ruins of dozens of siege castles litter the grounds outside Absalom’s walls, and its harbor is so choked with the masts and moldering hulls of sunken warships that safely reaching the city’s docks requires the steady eye of a paid pilot.

When Aroden dredged the Isle of Kortos from the depths of the Inner Sea and founded Absalom, he called the wise and brave from nearby lands to inhabit the new land and bade them protect the Starstone from all who would relocate it. Nobles, merchants, and adventurers particularly those from Osirion, Thuvia, Cheliax, Andoran, Taldor, and Qadira, settled in the city. The city’s culture draws heavily from all these lands, and many of its noble houses identify themselves closely with elements from those nations. The common folk represent an even wider array of cultural influences, from Mordant Spire elves to Tian traders to travelers from other planes. As a result, food, song, and clothing from nearly every corner of Golarion can be found here if the visitor knows where to look. It is said with some seriousness that it is impossible to look out of place on the streets of Absalom.

For additional information on Absalom, consult the Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting hardcover.

Absalom Map

Posting Conventions:

Mr. Etienne Sinclair

Lvl 14 Human Male Rogue
HP: 140
AC: 30
Standard Perception: 24

Text will go here.  Text may be bolded, italicized, and underlinedIt can be in different colors, EXCEPT RED.  Red will only be used for asterisks ( * )

Please do not use other fonts.

Text may be in the first person or in the third person.  There is no requirement as to length of entries, as long as you are clear. 

GM Notice:  Notes to the GM must always be in red.  If the player needs for the GM to pay special attention to something in the narrative, please place a red asterisk next to it and then make any annotations regarding that in this section.  You may also use this section to ask questions or get better descriptions of what you see.

GUILD CARD

Experience: You start off with zero.
Prestige Points: You start off with zero.
Character Sheet:You may choose to link either to a website or to another page here;
Previous Adventures: A list of all your previous adventures;

[float=left][img width=200 padding=10]CHARACTER IMAGE ???[/img][/float][font=impact][size=18pt][color=blue]NAME ???[/color]
[/size][/font][hr]
[i]Lvl ??? Race ??? Gender ??? Class ???[/i]
[b]HP:[/b] ???
[b]AC:[/b] ???
[b]Standard Perception:[/b] ???
[hr]

Text

[hr]
[b]GM Notice:[/b]  [color=red]Text[/color]

[spoiler=GUILD CARD]
[b]Experience:??? [/b]
[b]Prestige Points:???[/b]
[b]Character Sheet:???[/b]
[b]Previous Adventures:???[/b]
[/spoiler]

Character Submission:

Using the code from the Posting Convention, add the following:

Brief History:  Please describe your character's history in a paragraph.

Brief Personality Description:  Please describe how your character acts in civilized society in less than a paragraph.

Ons/Offs:  As is tradition.

[b]Brief History:[/b] ???

[b]Brief Personality Description:[/b]  ???

[b]Ons/Offs:[/b] ???

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sorrow Singer

Id be happy to throw together a character or two for this. The slightly more casual setting allows or both more light-hearted characters and a little extra freedom to try out some otherwise  nonviable character builds.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Sorrow Singer on October 11, 2015, 08:48:16 PM
Id be happy to throw together a character or two for this. The slightly more casual setting allows or both more light-hearted characters and a little extra freedom to try out some otherwise  nonviable character builds.

That's great!

Pathfinder Society rules permit for re-training between levels, and leveling up happens every three adventures.  I think that this really lets you explore different options.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Blythe

Tentative interest, depending on posting expectations/other game requirements.

I post much faster for groups than 1x1s, and faster for systems than freeform (system group games can expect multiple posts weekly from me). Never gotten to do anything with the Pathfinder Society stuff and always wanted to.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Sherlock on October 11, 2015, 09:17:50 PM
Tentative interest, depending on posting expectations/other game requirements.

I post much faster for groups than 1x1s, and faster for systems than freeform (system group games can expect multiple posts weekly from me). Never gotten to do anything with the Pathfinder Society stuff and always wanted to.

Ideally, I want to group players who have similar posting rates.  The most ideal scenario is for three players to come to me and tell me that they work well together so that I don't have to guess.  The less guessing on my side of things, the better.

As for posting expectations:  this game would permit for you to have a 1x1 game with another player and you can do whatever, but when in-adventure, the less dilly-dallying the better.  If I'm not responding to a cycle of PC posts, either the party is wasting my time, or I'm not effectively game-mastering.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chulanowa

Definitely interested!

1) Are you actually planning to run "organized" PFS games? or are you just going to be using the scenarios?

2) when can we start? I wanna throw out a character or fifteen two.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 11, 2015, 09:34:33 PM
Definitely interested!

1) Are you actually planning to run "organized" PFS games? or are you just going to be using the scenarios?

2) when can we start? I wanna throw out a character or fifteen two.

The games aren't organized in the sense that you are required to have a guild number and I'm required to report the game.  However, the games will be organized in a way.

• We will be following PS looting rules;
  • We will be following PS buying rules;
  • We will be using PS prestige points, experience, and factions;
  • We will keep track of adventures per character;

And when?  I dunno.  I am working on character creation rules right now.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

All right -- I've changed the status, and added character creation rules, and other nonsense.  Please have a look!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Blythe

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on October 11, 2015, 09:27:07 PM
Ideally, I want to group players who have similar posting rates.  The most ideal scenario is for three players to come to me and tell me that they work well together so that I don't have to guess.  The less guessing on my side of things, the better.

As for posting expectations:  this game would permit for you to have a 1x1 game with another player and you can do whatever, but when in-adventure, the less dilly-dallying the better.  If I'm not responding to a cycle of PC posts, either the party is wasting my time, or I'm not effectively game-mastering.

Ah, yeah, since my posting rate can sometimes fluctuate a bit much (not sure I'd mesh well), probably best if I give this a pass then. Wishing you all the best for your game! ^^

Sinestra

Sooooooo, I've never played or even heard about the "Pathfinder Society Rules". I'm guessing that might be a problem. I've played tons of pathfinder but no "Society" variant.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

seanmillion

I'm also new to PFS. I'm a friend of Sinestra and we have similar post rates (quite high).

I'm putting together a cleric now.

seanmillion

Vespid

Lvl 1 aasimar male cleric
HP: 11
AC: 16
Standard Perception: 20

When someone thinks of an assassin, they think of a lurker in the dark, a dark figure bearing cloak and dagger. They don't think of the friendly bar patron they said one too many words to or the innocuous fellow they walk past on the street. They certainly never think of a cleric with angelic heritage. Ostensibly, it just cannot be. And that's why it works.

Calistria is the goddess of trickery, lust, and revenge. And accordingly, her clerics aren't so much shiny, mace-toting undead killers or chaste, attentive friars as they are vindictive prostitutes, femme fatales, and weak-willed harem guards. Vespid is the embodiment of all of them and Callistria's instrument of lust and vengeance.

GM Notice:  WIP

GUILD CARD

Experience: 0
Prestige Points: 0
Character Sheet: Mythweavers
Previous Adventures: None
Faction: Qadira

Brief History: Born 'Cernan' (last names are for high born) to a doting mother and raised by her and her supportive friends. All of them prostitutes. He grew up knowing the life of the brothel and the sexually open nature of the sex workers. They taught him the art of conversation and deception, they taught him to use dagger and whip, and they taught him to recognise the good clients from the bad. For many years, he led a simple life of fucking for money, killing for revenge, and talking for information. Calistria smiled upon his work, and gave him a divine mission in the form of a vision: to join the pathfinders. So he did. This is his first day on the job.

Brief Personality Description:  Independent, decisive, charming, and rebellious.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

• Emotions: Unstable
  • Romantic: Rarely
  • Flirty: Sometimes
  • Honest: Sometimes
  • Loyal: No
  • Risk-Taking: Calculated
  • Ambitious: Little
  • Curious: Often

Ons/Offs: WIP

Sorrow Singer

Rin

Lvl 1 Human Female Magus: Kensai
HP: 13
AC: 17
Standard Perception: 16

Art is the act of creating beautiful things. Swordsmanship embraces skill and strength in equal measure, Spell-craft requires sophisticated study and dedication. To join these three together takes worldly understanding and a tremendous force of will. But the reward is a kind of power rarely seen and impressive to behold.

A prodigal spell-sword, Rin is considered a tremendously gifted youth. Graceful elegant and beautiful, wise beyond her years and deadly in a fight. Known better by her monker; The Winter Rose, Rin sets forth to join the legendary Pathfinder Society. In the hopes of gaining ever greater prestige and glory.

GM Notice:  Fairly straight forward character with no special requirements. My work schedule is highly inconsistent but most of the time i can get a post off at least once every two of three days, often more. occasionally less

GUILD CARD

Experience: 0/2000
Prestige Points:0
Character Sheet:Myth-Weavers
Previous Adventures:None

Brief History: Born the daughter of a failing noble house, Rin seeks to bring honor back to her family. To this end the young scion has spent countless hours under the tutelage of her families sword master and wizard retainer. Harnessing the talents of both to learn the irregular but potent skills of a spell-sword. Now seventeen years of age, Rin sets forth to join the prestigious Pathfinder society so she may at last practice her skills in true combat, and forge a real name for herself.

Brief Personality Description: Stubborn and selfish the young noble strives endlessly to further her own ends. Inexperienced and often naive, she seeks to overpower and defeat her enemies wherever they stand, regardless of any apparent disparity in strength. She believes strongly that the only way to get anywhere in life is through hard work and tireless devotion. Once the Winter rose chooses a path she will never back down.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Sinestra on October 12, 2015, 12:18:20 AM
Sooooooo, I've never played or even heard about the "Pathfinder Society Rules". I'm guessing that might be a problem. I've played tons of pathfinder but no "Society" variant.

It isn't much different, except for the looting.  You cannot keep what you find in the adventures.  I will post more about this rule later, but in a game where the same character will be exposed to multiple GMs, it is necessary.
Quote from: Blinkin on October 12, 2015, 05:12:43 AM
Call me interested, but I have never been able to get a character up on the site. For some reason, it simply will not take.

If you are willing to help me figure out what's wrong and how to fix it though, Call me ready to go!

What site?

Quote from: seanmillion on October 12, 2015, 12:37:02 AM
I'm also new to PFS. I'm a friend of Sinestra and we have similar post rates (quite high).

I'm putting together a cleric now.

Great!  I will look into your character later today.  I will make sure to put both of you together.  When you say that your post count is quite high, what does that mean numerically?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sinestra

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on October 12, 2015, 06:37:10 AMGreat!  I will look into your character later today.  I will make sure to put both of you together.  When you say that your post count is quite high, what does that mean numerically?
Oh another site we RP together on, yesterday we did 13 posts each, and day before that it was 21 posts and 22 posts, he and I respectively. :)
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

MrBubbles

Posting interest, I've got a melee-focused Slayer in mind, perfect for flanking and Trapfinding!

Lunar Raven

AAKIR THA'AMON

Lvl 1 Aasimar (Azata-blooded) Male Warsighted-Oracle (Battle)
HP: 10
Standard Perception: 10

Whilst many diplomats are polished and smooth in their manner, few have the majesty of one who has been touched by the gods.  Able to walk in on virtually any gathering and call attention to themselves by sheer force of personality, with the confidence that even if things don't turn out as they wish through words, they have numerous other uncanny talents that they can leverage to their advantage.

Aakir makes full use of this knowledge and mystique when attempting to advance his causes whilst in the Pathfinder society.  Whilst not ruthless, he is tenacious for as an adherent of the Dawnflower he doesn't loose hope easily; if he can't find one path to his goal, he'll look for another.

GM Notice:  I can post on a daily basis (anywhere from 1-3 times), barring the occasional hiccup in RL.  No special requirements for this character; I simply intend him to serve as a healer and back-up warrior to a group, though I would like the occasional chance to develop his character in game.

GUILD CARD

Character Sheet: Mythweaver
Previous Adventures: none

Brief History: Whilst the Tha'amon family once held prominence as personal servants to the divine rulers of Osirion, they fell onto hard times after unfortunate circumstances and tragedies that all but erased the bloodline.  Hoping that the familial line was not lost, several inquiries were made until one last scion was found.  Due to his unusual fey-like appearance, the result of a re-emergent azata ancestry, Aakir was deemed the result of unfaithfulness and sent far from the pure-blooded members of his family - an act that ironically saved him.

Now legally acknowledged as a member of the Tha'amon family, and recognised for his celestial nature rather than as the result of an improper liaison, he has been given the chance to restore the family name and his honour by acting on the Ruby Prince's behalf amongst the Pathfinders.  He is determined not to let the precious opportunity slip him.

Brief Personality Description: Being a Keleshite by origin, Aakir is prone to displaying all the passions common to his people, yet remembering that he is something of a representative to the crown of Osirion, he tempers this under most circumstances.  He is usually well spoken and enjoys the role of mediator as well as calming tempers (or inflaming them when it serves a purpose.)  He is aware of his inexperience and, for now, is content to observe before launching into action.  He is always mindful of matters of personal honour, and does all he can within his capacity to defend the ancient majesty of Osirion or his familiy's name if he thinks they have been besmirched.

Ons/Offs: W.I.P.

OTHER INFO

Faction: Osirion
Languages: Ancient Osiriani, Celestial, Common, Osiriani, Sylvan
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Blinkin on October 12, 2015, 08:50:20 AM
I think that I'm going to withdraw my interest in this. It's not what I'm looking for in a pathfinder game or the society set-up that I've read about.

Best of luck though.

Great!  You do you!  :)

Quote from: Sinestra on October 12, 2015, 09:29:29 AM
Oh another site we RP together on, yesterday we did 13 posts each, and day before that it was 21 posts and 22 posts, he and I respectively. :)

Wow, that's a lot of posting!  I will pair both of you up with Lunar Raven for the first adventure once you've completed your character sheet.  I cannot hope to match your posting rate, though.  If the two of you find that the addition of a third player bogs things down impermissibly, I will consider just running adventures for the pair.  I find the "adventuring partners" idea intriguing.  ^_^
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Mr. Etienne Sinclair

Lvl 14 Human Male Rogue

The Pathfinder Lodge at Absalom was always busied by adventurers of every kind sharing in their ingenuity.  This meant that there was a great deal of noise from the tap room, with the various intermingling races laughing, singing, and speaking (and disagreeing) in all manner of subjects.  However, the waiting room adjacent to the Lodge Master's office was quiet.  It was here that the new recruits waited to speak to the man himself, Etienne "The Falcon" Sinclair.

Sinclair was jovial in appearance and affable in nature.  He grinned broadly and boyishly, always eager to laugh.  He invited each individual by name.

Re: Vespid

Quote from: seanmillion on October 12, 2015, 03:53:55 AM
Vespid

Lvl 1 aasimar male cleric
AC: 14
Standard Perception: 14

When someone thinks of an assassin, they think of a lurker in the dark, a dark figure bearing cloak and dagger. They don't think of the friendly bar patron they said one too many words to or the innocuous fellow they walk past on the street. They certainly never think of a cleric with angelic heritage. Ostensibly, it just cannot be. And that's why it works.

Calistria is the goddess of trickery, lust, and revenge. And accordingly, her clerics aren't so much shiny, mace-toting undead killers or chaste, attentive friars as they are vindictive prostitutes, femme fatales, and weak-willed harem guards. Vespid is the embodiment of all of them and Callistria's instrument of lust and vengeance.

GM Notice:  WIP

GUILD CARD

Experience:0
Prestige Points:0
Character Sheet: Mythweavers
Previous Adventures:None

Brief History: Born 'Cernan' (last names are for high born) to a doting mother and raised by her and her supportive friends. All of them prostitutes. He grew up knowing the life of the brothel and the sexually open nature of the sex workers. They taught him the art of conversation and deception, they taught him to use dagger and whip, and they taught him to recognise the good clients from the bad. For many years, he led a simple life of fucking for money, killing for revenge, and talking for information. Calistria smiled upon his work, and gave him a divine mission in the form of a vision: to join the pathfinders. So he did. This is his first day on the job.

Brief Personality Description:  WIP

"Vespid," Etienne said, grinning.  "Am I saying that right?"  He perused through the Record, and then quickly set it down.

"I am at my office, and am accordingly at my liberty to say whatever I want," he began.  "I can't go a stone's throw down the street without some prostitute begging me to take her child in and make a right scholar out of him.  I usually explain that it's not so simple as that.  That there is a process that a recruit must undergo before he is even considered.  To become a recruit, one needs to undergo rigorous schooling with courses certified and approved by the Pathfinder Society."

"Usually," Etienne added conspiratorially.

"An individual may assert their proficiency to become a member by successfully completing an adventure.  This is a rare exception, albeit it has been made much more frequently now that I'm in charge of this branch.  It's seen mixed success, though.  However, there is something special about you, of that there can be no doubt.  Please make yourself at home and await further instructions.  I think that you always were a man of action, and now you are a man of action who answers to me.  Welcome aboard, recruit."

Character is accepted into the Record!

Aakir

Quote from: Lunar Raven on October 12, 2015, 11:58:07 AM
AAKIR THA'AMON

Lvl 1 Aasimar (Azata-blooded) Male Warsighted-Oracle (Battle)
HP: 10
Standard Perception: 10

Whilst many diplomats are polished and smooth in their manner, few have the majesty of one who has been touched by the gods.  Able to walk in on virtually any gathering and call attention to themselves by sheer force of personality, with the confidence that even if things don't turn out as they wish through words, they have numerous other uncanny talents that they can leverage to their advantage.

Aakir makes full use of this knowledge and mystique when attempting to advance his causes whilst in the Pathfinder society.  Whilst not ruthless, he is tenacious for as an adherent of the Dawnflower he doesn't loose hope easily; if he can't find one path to his goal, he'll look for another.

GM Notice:  I can post on a daily basis (anywhere from 1-3 times), barring the occasional hiccup in RL.  No special requirements for this character; I simply intend him to serve as a healer and back-up warrior to a group, though I would like the occasional chance to develop his character in game.

GUILD CARD

Brief History: Whilst the Tha'amon family once held prominence as personal servants to the divine rulers of Osirion, they fell onto hard times after unfortunate circumstances and tragedies that all but erased the bloodline.  Hoping that the familial line was not lost, several inquiries were made until one last scion was found.  Due to his unusual fey-like appearance, the result of a re-emergent azata ancestry, Aakir was deemed the result of unfaithfulness and sent far from the pure-blooded members of his family - an act that ironically saved him.

Now legally acknowledged as a member of the Tha'amon family, and recognised for his celestial nature rather than as the result of an improper liaison, he has been given the chance to restore the family name and his honour by acting on the Ruby Prince's behalf amongst the Pathfinders.  He is determined not to let the precious opportunity slip him.

Brief Personality Description: Being a Keleshite by origin, Aakir is prone to displaying all the passions common to his people, yet remembering that he is something of a representative to the crown of Osirion, he tempers this under most circumstances.  He is usually well spoken and enjoys the role of mediator as well as calming tempers (or inflaming them when it serves a purpose.)  He is aware of his inexperience and, for now, is content to observe before launching into action.  He is always mindful of matters of personal honour, and does all he can within his capacity to defend the ancient majesty of Osirion or his familiy's name if he thinks they have been besmirched.

OTHER INFO

Faction: Osirion
Languages: Ancient Osiriani, Celestial, Common, Osiriani, Sylvan

Aakir was granted audience with the Lodge Master, Etienne Sinclair.  The man graciously stood, gestured to a a wooden dragon-legged chair with an ancient cushion, and asked Aakir to sit in a rather cordial fashion.

"Ah, Mister Tha'amon, I am very glad to finally meet you," Etienne said.  "I have looked through your record and I am quite impressed by your resolve for the betterment of your family name.  There are much simpler ways to do that, and yet you have chosen perhaps the most admirable.  And perhaps the hardest, too.  I have been a member of this great society for...  nearly thirty five years now.  I've seen men with similar goals fail to accomplish them.  The only goal for a dead man is to rest with a modicum of peace."  Etienne laughed.

"I am rather excited to see what you will accomplish, though," Etienne confessed.  "I imagine that in your life you will fill a great deal of chronicles.  The only advice that I can give you, though, is to never reach too far.  That's a very common mistake.  If you follow my advice, maybe it'll be you who sits in my seat when you're old."

Character is accepted into the Record!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

GM NOTE:  RIN has not been accepted into the Record yet because she is not yet complete.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sinestra

I'll get my character done up here pretty quickly, likely something that works well with Sean's. Just a guess she'll look like:

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Sinestra on October 12, 2015, 01:59:38 PM
I'll get my character done up here pretty quickly, likely something that works well with Sean's. Just a guess she'll look like:

Great!  I look forward to her eventual creation and getting things underway. :)

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Sinestra on October 12, 2015, 01:59:38 PM

Looks like a Chelaxian Hellknight from the Order of the Scourge  ::) ;D

Idea & Request Thread

Callie Del Noire

Society scenario play is lots of fun. :D

Hope you guys have fun

Sorrow Singer

There we go finished off her feats and equipment. If there's anything i forgot or something that needs adjusting gimme a poke.

Roketto

Having played (and gm'd) PFS for years, this intrigues me greatly.  I'm assuming that pre-existing characters (gear, exp, boons, etc) aren't on the menu since this isn't "technically" being done as per the organized play setup/reporting.

Still, consider me very interested.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Sorrow Singer on October 13, 2015, 12:11:40 AM
There we go finished off her feats and equipment. If there's anything i forgot or something that needs adjusting gimme a poke.

I will review your character sheet shortly!

Quote from: Roketto on October 13, 2015, 07:33:58 PM
Having played (and gm'd) PFS for years, this intrigues me greatly.  I'm assuming that pre-existing characters (gear, exp, boons, etc) aren't on the menu since this isn't "technically" being done as per the organized play setup/reporting.

Still, consider me very interested.

Hello, thank you for your interest.  Your assumption is correct!  Only first level characters will be accepted, and in turn, you won't be able to use these characters in PFS outside of E.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 12, 2015, 08:45:00 PM
Society scenario play is lots of fun. :D

Hope you guys have fun

They are a lot of fun.  What I like most about them is how quickly they are resolved.

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Mr. Etienne Sinclair

Lvl 14 Human Male Rogue

Re: Rin

Rin had spoken to Falcon on previous occasions, so it was not inappropriate for the pair to have what the Lodge Master liked to call "a walk and talk."  Falcon was, after all, a busy man, and his office had become absolutely unbearable with all the recent paperwork.  Fortunately, he was at ease walking through the busy streets--after all, the streets had been his office for a very long time.

"I hate to be wrong," Falcon said. "I told you that you didn't have what it takes to be a Pathfinder, didn't I?  Not once, but twice.  That's the problem with a lot of folks who delve in many things at once." *

"And yet, undeterred, you went on to prove me wrong.  You're going to be a great fighter, Rin.  And you're going to be a great Pathfinder, too."

Falcon then removed a wayfinder compass from his breast pocket, and with a gloved hand, placed it in Rin's hands.

"There you go, kiddo," he said.  "Welcome aboard."

This character has been added to the record!

GM's Note:Falcon is talking about how the class is both a fighter and a mage.  Rin knows from previous conversations that Falcon believes that one cannot specialize in both at the same time.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

seanmillion

So, I'm new to this site and a bit unsure on the norms. Are we RPing in this thread? Should I respond to Sinclair?

Sorrow Singer

No this is the recruitment forum, it's used to establish a concept and find people who are interested in the role play. Traditionally when the Gm finishes preparing they will set up a in character thread for the actual game itself, and an Ooc thread for out of character discussion after the recruitment process.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: seanmillion on October 14, 2015, 12:24:23 AM
So, I'm new to this site and a bit unsure on the norms. Are we RPing in this thread? Should I respond to Sinclair?

We will not RP here.  I will open up an ambient in-character room where characters may interact outside of the scope of the missions, mission threads, and an OOC room shortly.  I accepted the characters in the manner that I did because I am feeling a bit peckish to start, and because I wanted to give characters an amorphous, but graspable foundational instruction to the Pathfinder Society.  The GMNPC already introduced will only ever assign you to cases, but this is thematically important because it is how all PFS adventures start.  Someone, usually the lodge master, has dispatched you, you have already accepted by virtue of participating, and you are just approaching the setting of the case.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Lunar Raven

KYRAS SURTOVA

Lvl 1 Half-elf Male Slayer
AC: 18
Standard Perception: 16

To a teacher of swordsmanship, fighting is all about the technique and balance, yet to anyone who has been in an actual duel knows it's more than just that.  Fighting an enemy is more than just about technique.  It's also about imposing your will upon them and making them believe that their battle is already lost, because this means fighting an enemy who has already accepted defeat.  It's about taking even the smallest opportunities presented to you and exploiting them thoroughly.

Kyras considers himself a practical swordsman.  Even if one's honour is intact if they lose, you don't influence others by failing.  So Kyras makes it a point to win with all means he has at his disposal, short of sacrificing friends and ally's.

GM Notice:  Can post on a daily basis (anywhere from 1-3 times), barring the occasional hiccup in RL.  No special requirements for this character; I simply intend him to serve as striker and point-man to any group he's in, though I would like the occasional chance to develop his character in game.

GUILD CARD

Faction: Andoran
Languages: Common, Elven, Skald, Varisian

Brief History: Though born in a mostly human dominated nobility in Brevoy, Kyras was fortunate to have parents who accepted his dual nature despite prejudices.  When he wanted to become one of the famed Aldori Swordlords, his dual heritage helped again, for though the people of Restov were generally antagonistic towards Issians in general, especially the dominant nobility, they were more willing to accept a boy who was more an embarrassment to the Surtova House.

Unfortunately, successful association with the Restovites was not pleasing to upper echelons of the Issianic Surtova House, but since Kyras' father hadn't disowned the child, as was standard practice for a half-breed, Kyras still stood as a legitimate Surtova.  As an elegant, yet blatantly truculent solution, Kyras was given the 'honour' of representing his house's interest in distant Absalom.  Kyras wasn't blind to all this, but went along with it, since it represented a sort of freedom in itself.

Once in Absalom, Kyras quickly decided that a future among the Pathfinder Society would be the lightest hand on lifestyle he wanted - to travel and see new places - taking no small pains to advertise his skills and unique style of aldori swordsmanship.

Brief Personality Description: Kyras is a generally easy-going individual who lives for the day and by his own terms.  Whilst he would generally be described a pleasant sort, he has a strong penchant for glory-seeking that would see him take up unscrupulous opportunities if it would further his reputation without making dangerous enemies.  In moments of indecision, he has been known to flip a coin and let fate decide for him.  He also has a strong interest in all things elven since his only real contact with the elven part of his heritage was his mother, who had little to offer him of elven culture.  He daydreams of one day acquiring enough skill and fame to travel to distant Kyonin where he can show his skills before Queen Telendia Edasseril herself...

Though he aligns himself with the Andoran faction, he doesn't hold particularly loyalty to their doctrine of democracy - in Kyras' freeing the oppressed makes him feel good and looks good on his resume, and slavers do tend to have ill-gotten spoils lying around, don't they?  He might have easily aligned with the Cheliaxian faction for the wealth they have on offer and a chance to see the Paracountess, but he doesn't care much for all the rules, nor for devil-worship.

Idea & Request Thread

Grizzly

I'm interested.  I'm travelling at the moment and away from my pathfinder stuff but I can cobble together a character when I get back.

Are there still openings or has recruitment closed?
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Blinkin

Ok, I give up.

I've tried to download the PFS guide from Piaso three times now and all I get is a blank PDF... someone willing to tell me where I can get an actual guide, or explain to me in PM what the differences are?.. how it works?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Blinkin on October 18, 2015, 11:38:42 AM
Ok, I give up.

I've tried to download the PFS guide from Piaso three times now and all I get is a blank PDF... someone willing to tell me where I can get an actual guide, or explain to me in PM what the differences are?.. how it works?

Hello:

This is a PDF of Version 5 of the Society Rules.  The factions are a little different in Version 0.  Please cross-reference with the factions I've listed.

Quote from: Grizzly on October 17, 2015, 04:21:07 PM
I'm interested.  I'm travelling at the moment and away from my pathfinder stuff but I can cobble together a character when I get back.

Are there still openings or has recruitment closed?

I'm still looking for characters and/or waiting for people to make characters.

Quote from: Lunar Raven on October 14, 2015, 05:36:07 PM
SNIP

This character looks good, Lunar Raven.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Blinkin

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on October 18, 2015, 09:07:09 PM
Hello:

This is a PDF of Version 5 of the Society Rules.  The factions are a little different in Version 0.  Please cross-reference with the factions I've listed.

No good, the site isn't screen reader friendly. *sighs* Such is my life. Thanks for the try though.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Chulanowa

Still interested, just having trouble settling on ideas. I'm juggling a tengu rogue and a half-elf gunslinger in my head, and a halfling summoner keeps poking her nose in, too.

Also, how does the faction thing work for characters who aren't particularly close to those particular nations?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 19, 2015, 02:48:39 PM
Still interested, just having trouble settling on ideas. I'm juggling a tengu rogue and a half-elf gunslinger in my head, and a halfling summoner keeps poking her nose in, too.

Also, how does the faction thing work for characters who aren't particularly close to those particular nations?

The characters don't need to be from those nations, but they have to be in cahoots with those nations.

Factions provide secret mini-missions in the game and award prestige points.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O