INTEREST CHECK: City of the Drow (reboot) 3.5 DnD [14/?? spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, September 29, 2011, 06:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, added you to first page and also updated recruit status to title. Note; the '??' part means that I am unsure how many people are done or doing their chars and also I feel I may stretch little allow bit more than 13 folks (as some one or two chars want to be drow slaves or slaves to players).

So for now assume there is spot open for two weeks (or perhaps week now as we got lot interest) but after two weeks all chars who are complete (and have been posted to this thread and said; 'I am done with char creation!') get into game.

ofDelusions

A quick rules question:

Can I add seeking on my daggers? It says ranged only but daggers have range increment. It would of course only give benefit when thrown.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 03, 2011, 01:54:44 AM
Ok, added you to first page and also updated recruit status to title. Note; the '??' part means that I am unsure how many people are done or doing their chars and also I feel I may stretch little allow bit more than 13 folks (as some one or two chars want to be drow slaves or slaves to players).

So for now assume there is spot open for two weeks (or perhaps week now as we got lot interest) but after two weeks all chars who are complete (and have been posted to this thread and said; 'I am done with char creation!') get into game.
Hurray, lets get to the game.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ofDelusions on October 03, 2011, 02:48:35 AM
A quick rules question:

Can I add seeking on my daggers? It says ranged only but daggers have range increment. It would of course only give benefit when thrown.

Yes, you can add seeking to daggers or any weapon which you can throw (and it applies only when throwing).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail link=topic=120586.msg5291535#msg5291535 date=1317617241

b]PaleEnchantress:[/b] Looks good, altough some odd lines here and there which jump odd times to next line. Also I would say corpsecrafting (I assume production of undead minions to buyers) key skill is K:Arcana followed by Diplomacy and K:Religion.

Shipping Industry I would say is medium risk than high risk. I understand expense can be high as it takes lot of gold fund the vessels to travel to other cities and back. But the risks of underdark travel are indeed risky but not high enough warrant risky. But feel free argue about it ;).

Anyways note&advice regarding businesses; At most single PC can either devote lots of time (+40 hours) to single business or run two business same time but unable to get +40 hour mark (but nor get penalty to profession roll to do so). So assign a cohort and some long standing PC or follower to run the third (or both secondary) business.

The shipping business is actually detailed in "Power of Faerun" the book expands on the business system further. Shipping business is one more they added and the book lists it as high risk. I ran corpse crafting as a criminal industry but your suggestion works too, though since undead are Knowledge (religeon) i think it and arcana should be switched. Np if you still think arcana should be primary though.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, ok. If Shipping is high risk then ok. I have powers of faerun.

Anyways true, main skill should be K:religion for corpsecrafting. Diplomacy would be second (basically do deals and sell goods). Second supporting skill would be Spellcraft as it's related to know the spells and also do with spell development (effiency and so on). K:arcana also could work as arcane do have dead animating spells but clerics also do have them. So spellcraft was kind of compromise.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 03, 2011, 03:43:23 AM
Ahaa, ok. If Shipping is high risk then ok. I have powers of faerun.

Anyways true, main skill should be K:religion for corpsecrafting. Diplomacy would be second (basically do deals and sell goods). Second supporting skill would be Spellcraft as it's related to know the spells and also do with spell development (effiency and so on). K:arcana also could work as arcane do have dead animating spells but clerics also do have them. So spellcraft was kind of compromise.

Sounds perfect.

Zaer Darkwail

Also I ahve asked goddess about opening own gaming board since from the start (so no need 1,000 post for have big group game space). However I am asking to create extreme - system big group. A section which does not yet exchist.

Anyways I wanted talk about how 'bad' we are. I think the game would snuggly fit in NC: system - big groups. But do we also allow/work with extreme stuff as well (it does not mean everyone gets slapped with extreme stuff but in most worst case scenario your char may indeed get into such situations, or have serious sexual deviants). What is fetish called for spiders? Anyways I thinked in extreme section would include mating with driders example. Or that drow male slave kills it's cruel mistress who was foolish to give opening gets his sweet revenge in raping mistress corpse and so on.

As said extreme stuff would not happen regularly but it happens time to time in dark corners of the game. So need kind of vote do we go NC section or Extreme?

PaleEnchantress

I vote for extreme. First of all im comfortable with ex games, but more importantly the rating is really for the highest level a game goes into. Even if most of the game can fit in NC if it still gets into some extreme things (and those things can be descriptions rather then anything sexual) it's supposed to go into extreme.

esclavage

I also vote extreme.  While we may never delve that far in game, it gives us the option of getting into harder themes on a as needed basis.  And like all things for those who prefer to keep things NC they can request that or we can be aware of it.  Writing Extreme does not change the basic premise of respecting a player's O/os.

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, we do respect the Ons/Offs as before but just beign extreme it allows occasional graphic detail of something which may squeek other NC aspect fans.

Anyways glad see this much interest and I dearly hope the goddesses grace me to give us own thread forum and perhaps make E history to create first game in Extreme System Big Group (as we got only Extreme Big Group) :).

Anyways if anyone is wondering your cohort can be draegloth instead. It is 10 ECL creature so you can have non-class level draegloth as cohort. PC's also can play draegloths with 2 class levels.

Zaer Darkwail

Edited front page include now our drow slave char ran by Foxy Oni.

Snake

Hey Zaer, do you have any objections to "cameos' of other chars (as contractors or informants or hell just merchants looking to do business)? I have one in particular that would fit in well with this setup.

Krayz

I think he's talking about something like Arnold Schwarzenegger showing up in "The Expendables"; not fighting, not even talking much, just having someone cool talk to you for a couple minutes.

LMAO

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, that. Like Mordenkaine coming to give missions or create DnD version of famous actors? I do that on occassion :). The RL actor conversion to DnD that is.

Snake

Haha well kind of. Just continuing a bit of my own private storyline for a char. An advanced (to max) Erinyes shows up with a few slaves to sell. XD

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, well you can PM me her stats and story and I could get erinyes involved to come as random event in the market sell planar slaves in Erelhei-Cinlu :). Or purchase some local slaves.

Kunoichi

I'm fine with Extreme as well, as far as ratings go. ^^

Ah, and while I said I was done yesterday, there is one final change I'm debating for Antimony's gear that occurred to me today. ^^; Specifically, it's about the Healing Belt she's got.

Ordinarily, the Healing Belt, while a useful item, is somewhat limited in use during the higher levels due to its limited number of charges/day.  Would it be possible for me to increase the number of charges in the belt Antimony is wearing by increasing the price?  I'm specifically thinking of increasing it to five times the regular amount of charges, for five times the regular price.  This would increase the price by an extra 3,000 gold, and would leave her with an amount of leftover cash more fitting for her position. ^^;

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, not sure of the formula how much it costs raise the charges. I myself would rule it can have 5 charges and cost is +2/5 of the cost. So 5 charged healing belt would logically cost 1,000gp. That is far as I could allow it to work.

esclavage

Quote from: Snake on October 03, 2011, 01:06:17 PM
Haha well kind of. Just continuing a bit of my own private storyline for a char. An advanced (to max) Erinyes shows up with a few slaves to sell. XD

Sounds like fun. Though if we do have this as an event, I propose an auction with bidding.  It seems more in line with how the dro might conduct the purchase of high level slaves.  Though said eryine had better be wary;  I am sure more than one House wouldn't mind acquiring her as well.  And getting all the other slaves for free.  Also a very drow thing to do.

Not that I am thinking about it....  O:)

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Kunoichi

Well, the main thing with the Healing Belt is, it has 3 charges/day and adds a +2 to Heal checks, for 750 gp.  What I'm basically asking for is to be allowed to bump the charges up to 15/day in exchange for multiplying the price by 5, instead of simply, say, purchasing an extra 4 Healing Belts.

It's the same price either way, it's just a question of whether it's all in one item, or if I'll be switching out belts over the course of the day as I make use of them for out of combat healing. ^^;

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, true. Okay, if your willing pay 3,750gp for the belt I allow it have 15 charges then and with say +10 heal skill bonus.

Snake

Esc...you are aware all Erinyes can simply teleport away or planeshift back to hell and drag you with them right? And in the city ANYONE is welcome as long as they don't call undue attention to themselves and demons can all be affiliated with lolth in the minds of Drow.  particularly spider types.. glabrezu and succubi and an erinyes looks enough like one to pass.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 03, 2011, 01:56:24 PM
Hmmm, true. Okay, if your willing pay 3,750gp for the belt I allow it have 15 charges then and with say +10 heal skill bonus.

Thanks. ^^ Okay, my character sheet has been updated, and is now completely finished.