Salem: Witches Among Us (Accepting Characters)

Started by Jordan South, May 12, 2014, 09:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Quote from: Jordan South on May 14, 2014, 03:06:16 PM
Okay guys. The VERY FIRST [link=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=203970.0]thread[/link] is up! Feel free to go check it out.

This means we are officially moving from an interest check to accepting characters. The character sheet thread will go up shortly.

I think you need to use a URL tag not a LINK tag...

This should link to the thread

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Jordan South

Selectively accepting new writing partners~ Post speed: Moderate

O/Os
Plot Ideas/Requests
A/A

Phantomy12

I stumbled upon this while looking for a new RP to get into and I find the idea quite interesting , all I'm wondering if this is still up as it seemed a little quiet . Anyway if it is I'm up for playing a human , filler like a simple townsfolk or (mostly unwillingly since I in the good guy mood)part of the *cough* witchhunt , but as another fella said here I can fit in any role if I have to .
Sometimes rules are better bent than broken

Lockepick

Same, I was hoping this wasn't dead, but only see the one character.

Though I suppose that character was part of what drew me here...
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Sparky01

I have a sheet sent to the GM, waiting on approval, just to throw that info in.  My character is proposed to be an elder magistrage male.

Chrystal

I sent a character sheet to Jordan myself, a while ago. I've not heard anything back.

He has been on-line, earlier today, so I'm still hoping he is thinking of running this. As he asked me to co-GM it, if you want to PM character sheets to me, I will take a look at them.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Sparky01

Jordan South

Yes, loves, I'm still here and this is still happening. Life is happening side by side with it however. Just give me time. :)

If you want to send in character sheets, Chrystal and I will take a look at them. Ehlamjanx and Chrystal, your characters are both approved, go ahead and post them. :)

O/Os
Plot Ideas/Requests
A/A

Phantomy12

Okay now we have a few char sheets posted up , I wanted to ask if we should have another page for discussions and all that or use this one , or PM's  since this seems to be a medium scale RP (for now) , also I wanna try keeping this lively.
Sometimes rules are better bent than broken

Chrystal

Lively is good.

There are pro's and Con's to having a separate OOC thread.

Pros:

• If the game hits big group status, the OOC thread will go in the same sub-group as all the other threads
  • Discussions can go beyond a PG-14 rating. This is a public area of the forum open to guests who could be under age. An OOC thread created in the correct forum will be accessible only to members.
  • It keeps the recruitment thread from getting too big - a recruitment thread that is 20 pages long can be daunting for a newcomer to read.
  • On the same note it keeps random discussions out of the recruitment thread
  • It gives the GM a place to gather the world's details together in one place - effectively a fresh start - where (s)he can include things that were not thought of when the recruitment thread was created

Cons

• The recruitment thread no longer gets posted to as regularly and can sink to the bottom of the forum. With E's bumping policy it is down to the GMs to bump the thread once a month if no-one posts in the mean time
  • The lack of activity in the thread can lead new people who might be interested to assume the game is no-longer recruiting.

I can't honestly think of any other disadvantages. Those two are pretty big but can easily be overcome.

@ Jordan - If you do create an OOC thread, my advice is to create it, the post three or four replies with the word "Reserved" in before tyou tell anyone you have done so.

This gives you the ability to go back and put world details, rules of play, lists of NPCs, whatever you want, in those posts. They are gathered at the beginning of the thread where everyone can find them, and you don't end up with this huge long openning post that, no matter how well structured, will actually be a pain for you as GM, whenever you want to add something new to it.

You can always delete any unused reserved posts later.

Lockepick

Just wanted to recite my interest in this! Been a busy weekend, and just got into a different group game that's rolling quickly.

I'm playing around with an idea for a male witch! Somebody who wants to break down society by bringing out the primal urges of men: violence, greed, and especially lust.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Jordan South

I have already created an OOC plotting thread. I did that about 10 days ago. And when we move to a big board, we will have areas for those things. :)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204104.0

And lockepick, we'd love to have you as a male witch.

And just so everyone knows my stance here, I'm still creating my characters. RL is getting in the way of me doing very much at the present moment, but I'm around and working when I can. This week I am going to try and get the in-game areas up so you guys can let your muses run wild. :)

O/Os
Plot Ideas/Requests
A/A