FUCKHEAD!: A No More Heroes™ RP (I smell a Reboot/Continuation...)

Started by Iblis121, May 14, 2012, 08:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revenent

I can take another one of the ranked assassins he fights. I think I already have an idea for it, too.

Iblis121

Okay, so I've been talking about the plot with Carlissa, and apparently there are some holes. So, I think we should talk about the plot a bit more, you know, together. That way, we can get something down that's more concrete and we'll all know what's going on.

Revenent

Iblis121

The fact that Travis was imprisoned because he as a threat to the Mayor's expansion and exploitation of Santa Destroy, then released to fight in UAA because he wasn't percieved as a threat since the expansion had already begun. I don't see much of an issue. It doesn't seem like a big plothole to me. What's everyone's thoughts?

Brittlby

He was put in prison because he was a psychopath and a murderer. The new mayor in league wiu aliens, the devil and 5 government spy agenies has decided that releasing the most popular figure in uaa history would serve to make him more popular and increase revenue.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Revenent

I think it makes enough sense,  but I also don't think it would make much of a difference if it didn't, since that's all just background/history stuff that won't really affect the plot of the RP.

Brittlby

You hit it on the head, but let me expand on my feelings. I'm glad Clarissa is so intensely invested in this setting, but it's no more heroes. It often does not make any sense. It has always chosen style over continuity. she has no computer to make a character sheet but has time to write at length about minutae that really has little bearing on the current game.

Like I said earlier.  I'm here to hit things. If there was ever a series that lent itself to fast and loose play and FUN above nitpicking, this is it. Submit a sheet and wax poetic in the ooc when we get rolling. This is currently counter productive to getting started.

We need more players  it can add them on the fly. This isn't a no more heroes forum. It's a game. Let's play. I'm only too happy to kick it off. I'm not interested in discussing hypothetical from the previous games.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

Iblis121

Quote from: Brittlby on May 28, 2012, 11:45:41 PM
You hit it on the head, but let me expand on my feelings. I'm glad Clarissa is so intensely invested in this setting, but it's no more heroes. It often does not make any sense. It has always chosen style over continuity. she has no computer to make a character sheet but has time to write at length about minutae that really has little bearing on the current game.

Like I said earlier.  I'm here to hit things. If there was ever a series that lent itself to fast and loose play and FUN above nitpicking, this is it. Submit a sheet and wax poetic in the ooc when we get rolling. This is currently counter productive to getting started.

We need more players  it can add them on the fly. This isn't a no more heroes forum. It's a game. Let's play. I'm only too happy to kick it off. I'm not interested in discussing hypothetical from the previous games.

~Slow claps~ Very well put. ~Shrug~ I'm not trying to make things difficult, and really, the plot doesn't need to be deep. Nothing about No More Heroes makes sense. Why did the Mayor get Travis out of prison? Why is he openly supporting the UAA openly. Same reason a dude can buy a lightsaber off ebay. We can kick this off soon.

Styx26

I'd say that No More Heroes is one of those games that makes you go 'WTF' for many a reason. Sometimes though, even as screwed as the connection is, there is still a connection.

I agree with Brittlby- we can hammer out the fine details later on, but the basic frame work is there. Not to be nitpicky; I just like suggesting things. ^^
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

Iblis121

Like I said before, No More Heroes thrives on it's own ridiculousness. I think we're set for now and if complications come up later we'll have a dedicated OOC to talk in.

Iblis121

So, after considering the mayor's character and such, I was thinking that we make Sylvia the mayor.

Discuss.

Oh, and also, when this game is officially open, which section do you all think I should make the threads in?

Revenent

On the previous discussion: while I agree that that particular plot hole isn't a big issue, I don't think it's fair to attack Carlissa like that for bringing stuff like this up. After all, however important plot really was to the game, plot actually is kind of important in a role-playing game.

New discussion: I like the idea. I could totally see her wasting local tax dollars on clothes, spa visits, and vacations, too. :D

Iblis121

I've been talking to Carlissa, and I'll say to everyone what I said to her.

I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm really not. I just thought she was over-thinking things a bit, but I don't wanna just toss her ideas to the wayside or ignore her. Hell, you're all part of the game, I don't wanna ignore any of your thoughts and concerns. SHE'S actually the one who thought of making Sylvia the mayor, and I really like that idea.

The only difference in the plot that I'd already thought up is that with Sylvia as mayor, her actions can be justified by personal feelings. She generally likes screwing with people.

Brittlby

I like the idea of Sylvia as mayor.

@Revenant

I never said anything about plot. You did when you said (and I agreed),

"I also don't think it would make much of a difference if it didn't, since that's all just background/history stuff that won't really affect the plot of the RP."

Plot we can discuss. Arguing if Sylvia and Travis were a good match and discussing fan rumors that have little bearing on the plot is at best, a little pointless at this stage and at worst, counterproductive.

My focus is on getting the game started, and our BIGGEST issue right now isn't the plot. We have a bare bones that's more than adequate for No More Heroes. What we need bodies. If you have friends who are interested, get them involved if you can.

O/O

Revenent

There's nothing wrong with off-topic discussion while we wait for our remaining players to put in their character apps. Like you said, we pretty much have everything figured out, and I doubt we're going to find too many more interested people, so I think it's reasonable to discuss other things. We don't really need to be in such a rush to get started. I don't think anyone's going to wander off.

Carlissa

So sorry it took so long everyone! I feel so guilty...

I changed a lot about her, so I may come back later and tweak a few things if something doesn't make sense. I just wrote things that came to my head first and made sense, so if anything is amiss, I'll fix it.

Name: Kimmy Howell
Titles (If Applicable): Travis the Great’s #1 Fan
Profession/s (If Applicable, besides Assassin): College Dropout, Freelance assassin
Nationality: Born in Britain, but has lived in America most of her life. Considers herself American.
Relatives (If Applicable): None worth mentioning.
Appearance: Kimmy has matured over the past 3 years, growing into a respectable woman. While keeping the cute, nervous look she had when she first fought Travis, Kimmy’s body has noticeably matured, now flaunting well developed curves and respectable breast and but size. Her outfit this time around is a feminized version of the outfit Travis wore when he first entered the UAA (all thanks to the guy from Planet 51, who custom-made the outfit for her). She now wears a light red jacket with tiger print going down the back, but is not as long as Travis’ jacket and only reaches 3/4s down her back. She wears an old Bizzare White Jelly underneath the jacket, which is torn and exposes some of her midriff. She also wears ripped jean short-shorts, a brown glove, and sneakers. She still has her hair in two braided pigtails, but they are much longer now.
Reference image
Backstory/History: While the United Assassins Association is the biggest company that handles professional assassination business, it is not the only organization that handles assassin activity. There are many smaller, more secluded companies and syndicates that also run their own assassin businesses, and are located across the globe. None of these associations get much attention however, as they are all overshadowed by the UAA. They are usually inferior in strength, wealth, and diversity and the assassins that are members of these associations are usually below par when it comes to strength. Because of this, the assassins are almost always overlooked by employers and the higher ups at the UAA, and it was very hard to be noticed.
Kimmy Howell, however, was one of the lucky few that caught the eye of the magnificent UAA. Winning a tournament for young assassins, Kimmy proved herself worthy with the blood of countless young assassins like herself. No one was more determined, more vicious, more blood thirsty in that tournament than her. Her climb to the top came at a surprise to the ones following the tourney, as no one expected the shy, geeky girl to go far with only a recorder in hand. There must be something more to her, they thought. There must be something driving her on, a goal that no other assassin in that tournament could stand up against.
A couple years before Kimmy won the tournament, a man names Travis Touchdown climbed the ranks of the UAA, the most popular assassin organization in the United States. At the time of his rise to the top, Kimmy had developed an interest in the assassin business (at that point, purely out of curiosity), and followed his journey since the beginning. After he became #1, Kimmy developed a deep love for Travis, and dedicated her life to chasing him.
This was no simple crush, either. Kimmy determined that in order to get closer to her idol, she had to become an assassin herself. Looking towards multiple teachers for guidance, Kimmy quickly realized her potential as an assassin. She managed to master forms and techniques that took others years to learn. She constantly neglected her studies to train and learn, and all the while becoming more obsessed with her idol. Her lust for Travis became an obsession to the point of insanity. She had to prove to him that she was his #1 fan, that there was no one else in this world that loved him more than she did. And what better way to express those feelings than in a language in which they were both fluent? The only way Travis could understand her unique passion for him was to kill him. There was no other way!
After Kimmy won the tournament, she was admitted into the UAA, the assassin organization hosting Travis, who had re-entered the assassination scene and was once again on the rise. Anxious to finally confront her idol, Kimmy challenged Travis soon after she was admitted into the ranks.
The fated encounter took place at the then-damaged Santa Destroy University. After Kimmy gave Travis a love letter explaining her feelings for him and desire to kill him, the two fought. Fighting the nervous feelings in the pit of her stomach, Kimmy clashed with Travis with all her might. It was by far the hardest battle she had ever experienced, which was expected from her idol. But she was still green when compared to Travis, and was ultimately defeated, to Kimmy’s despair. She was knocked unconscious by Travis’ suplex right after her last ditch effort to win, but not before she watched her idol walk away in disgust.
Kimmy fell into a deep depression after the fight. She had lost to her idol, and failed to prove that she was his #1 fan. Her depression soon turned into pure insanity, as her obsession for Travis went to a whole new level. She went on chaotic killing sprees on her assassination jobs, and killed anyone that came across as a threat to Travis’ life. The thought of killing Travis and anyone who threatened her love were cut down in an insane rampage. The farther Travis Touchdown rose through the ranks, the farther Kimmy fell into the darkness…
She was about to be engulfed in that same darkness, if it wasn’t for a fateful encounter with a person who claimed to be close to Travis. This person, who was no longer part of the human world, showed her the error of her ways and guided her back on the right path, the path of a true assassin. For a short time Kimmy learned from this spirit the meaning of fighting and that everyone must follow their own “path” to “discover why one must become strong”. Before the spirit left, Kimmy promised him that she would continue to chase after Travis, for that was her “path to become strong”.
Having regained her sanity (or what little she had in the first place), Kimmy devoted herself to fighting in the name of Travis Touchdown, instead of trying to kill him. After Travis was arrested under ridiculous charges, Kimmy resurfaced on the assassin scene as a freelance assassin, taking it upon herself to pick up where Travis left off and became a “protector of peace” of some sort. Aquainting herself with Travis’ old friends, Kimmy bought a custom-made Travis Touchdown cosplayer outfit from the guy at Planet 51, and requested the creation of a new weapon from Naomi, requesting that it would “look like something Travis would use”. She moved into the No More Heroes motel (right next to Travis’ apartment, coincidentally), and while Travis was gone took care of his apartment, doing things like paying his rent, feeding Jeane, and keeping the place tidy. Travis has yet to know that Kimmy lives just next door to him, but Kimmy hopes that when the time comes for Travis to return that she will be able to welcome him with open arms.

Personality: The most obvious trait that Kimmy has is her obsession for Travis Touchdown, as she claims that she is his #1 fan. Ever since he first arrived on the assassin scene, Kimmy has been in love with Travis to the point of insanity, going so far as to attempt to kill him to prove to him that she loved him the most. While she has grown out of that phase over the past years, she is still obsessed with Travis and has redirected her desires to kill him into more productive ways to express herself. She has now tried to mimic him in multiple ways, including appearance and morals. She is still as timid and nervous as she was 3 years ago however, and still possesses some of the personality perks that she had when she first met Travis (such as occasionally talking in text speak).
Weapon/s Of Choice: The Tsubaki-Heavenly Star crossover beam katana, also known as Tsubaki Mk IV. Made shortly after Travis’ arrest, Naomi custom created this weapon for Kimmy to not only resemble Travis’ weapons of choice, but also that also resembled and functioned like Kimmy’s old weapon, the Heavenly Star. A duel bladed weapon, the Tsubaki-Heavenly Star’s hilt is silvery in color and can be comparable to the Tsubaki prototype in appearance. Blue colored blades are released from each side of the hilt without the aid of a receiver. Like the Heavenly Star, the hilt also functions as a recorder, which allows Kimmy not only to play harmonic tunes through one end, but also allows her to blow explosive bubbles through the other end.
Abilities & Powers (If Applicable)/Combat Skills: Ever since she entered the assassin business, Kimmy has been known for both her skill in battle and her large amount of latent potential. While lacking brute strength and destructive power, Kimmy more than makes up for it with her great and fluid skill with the beam katana and her agility in combat. She has been trained in using dual sided beam katanas, which can easily overwhelm her opponents. She also uses large destructive bubbles at range that explode on contact, and pack quite a punch (but they are quite slow in speed).
Kimmy’s latent potential and talent for the assassin business has also made her well known among assassins. She has claimed to have the ability to learn techniques in one day that would take any other person years to master.
She is also skilled at playing the recorder.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Iblis121

No problem, just glad to see it up ^^

This means we're finally ready to start! I'll get the first few threads up. Those'll be OOC, Character Profiles, and Motel "NO MORE HEROES". Prison Island and Destroy Stadium will probably go up, as well, just because I know they're relevant.

If anybody has any ideas as to what threads should be open immediately, lemme know!

Iblis121

Alright, guys, I can't start the opening post yet, but I thought I'd just put THESE right here...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=142086.0 - OOC

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=142088.0 - Character Page

Game threads will be added to the first post on the OOC page as they're created.

Pentagious666

Well this has been running a while I hope it isn't too late for a newcomer, a newcomer such as:
Name: Kix "the Sandman" Thomas
Titles (If Applicable): The Metal Storm, Dream Lord
Profession/s (If Applicable, besides Assassin):
Nationality: American
Relatives (If Applicable):
Backstory/History (Most of the ranked Assassin's can have some fun here, unless your backstory's already been established):  The sandman is almost frightening.  He is dark and cold, most people only meet him once.  The rumors say that he appears in a cloud of smoke and summons a blade forth from it.  He whispers of eternal dreams.  The mask he wears has a permanent smirk upon its face,  A cold superior smirk akin to him making fun of you, with out a word.  Someone did find a journal he kept.

"Go to sleep, silly little world, for tomorrow you won't awaken.  I will be the harbinger of demise.  Hahaha First I'll start with the filth, then I will finish the lambs.  Jim told me that was 'unjust' but what the hell do any of you know?  I think you need to wake up and smell the blood, the decripity of your own society.  It rots beneath your feet and stings my EYES!  Well I guess it would be best to start somewhere that is approved of, that asshole Travis Touchdown." 

This journal was left to be found it was a plan to instill the sadist sandman in the minds of all.  In all actuality this is a persona he puts up to make sure people don't go to his lab.  He is american by birth, his parents worked for a governmental contractor.  He is an engineer, a brilliant man that creates weapons that will help him stop conflicts.  He is a Savant which is why the doctors say he has a few mental 'quirks'.  Though he was functional enough to be on his own he would never get past the distrust of people.  He never quite outgrew that point in life where everything is black and white.  His right versus wrong developed in such a stagnant way   He could almost said to have developed a second personality in the Sandman.  The sandman guards this secret with such ferocity, he deems that anyone who touches his mask is filthy and their lives forfeit.  However he still avoids spilling innocent blood, or at least blood he deems innocent.
Personality:Paranoid, manically depressed, delusional and dependent on evil to fight.   He is prone to self conversing and fits of rage.  When he removes the mask he seems mostly stable around people, but he works hard to hide the quivering pile of madness locked in his skull.
Weapon/s Of Choice: Currently, smoke bombs that contain a metallic filament,  coupled with gloves that allow him to direct a flow of electricity, this allows him to collect the filament in limited quantities to craft weapons, (granting the illusion of weapons from smoke) the special filament he uses allows him to create rigid structures that are capable of causing damage.
Abilities & Powers (If Applicable)/Combat Skills:  Before he drove all family from his life he had been trained in several methods of archaic weaponry.  This shows in his varied combat maneuvers in which he will switch weapons rapidly.  His only "power" is his ability to craft new innovative weapons, he figures his sandman persona will keep people at bay.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Revenent

This game has actually been dead for quite a while, sorry to say...

Styx26

I'm still here and interested, just not sure where I should reply at...
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

Pentagious666

oh well that's too bad, they keep dying on me and I'm on almost EVERY day
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?