The Great Civil Unrest of the Mutants In Character.

Started by Batman4560, July 06, 2013, 01:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demigod1945

NAME: Samuel Ervin
ROLE IN SCHOOL: Physics teacher
TIME OF DAY: Noon
Tagging: Zaniel
Samuel cocked his head over at Zaniel. "Very well then" He took the sword in his hand flipped the point outward to Zaniel, and threw directly into the mans empty sheathe. He then turned to Karen "Why hello Karen, what a surprise to see you here, I take it that you are here to see Mr. Shaw?" He wasn't reading her mind, for some reason his ability decided to shut off all of a sudden. Intriguing. But no he simply used logic to determine why Karen would be in this part of the school, which was quite easy to deduce, especially since it was lunch time.

Cascalence

NAME:  Karen Schmidt
ROLE IN SCHOOL:  English Teacher
TIME OF DAY:  Morning
TAGGING:  Zaniel, Samuel Ervin

Karen calmed just slightly when the man seemed to concede to her will.  But Samuel instantly raised her ire.  She turned to him and reached out to pull the sword he had from his grasp, only for him to throw it.  She stepped back and gaped, her eyes following it as it went into the sheath.  And then he addressed her and her eyes narrowed.  He was not fit to teach at all.  Throwing around dangerous weapons, inciting strangers to duels...all on school grounds where students could easily be drawn in by the noise and get harmed.  She wheeled around on the man as he all but taunted Samuel.  "You will not be dueling any teenagers on school grounds, whether that teenager be a student or teacher!" she snapped.  She then turned on Samuel.  "And you, you should know better, as a teacher!  You're going to get someone hurt, probably yourself!" she clipped out.
Casca's O/O's--A work in progress

Demigod1945

Samuel sighed as he was being berated for his actions, but when he heard her saying that he would hurt himself, he spoke up. "Karen, honestly, how do you know I would have hurt myself?" he said sternly "You nothing of my mutant ability, nor what skills I may or may not possess." he paused for any reply that may she may have then continued. "I may look like a helpless teenager, but I can guarantee you, I am nothing of the sort." He turned his attention to Zaniel as he addressed Karen as well. "Ah so that is why you are here, interesting."

EndofDivine

NAME:  Jessica Reynolds
ROLE IN SCHOOL:  Student
TIME OF DAY:  Noon
TAGGING: Jake Crow, Penelope Archer

Jessica's head slumped forward as Jake proceeded to make an absolute fool out of himself, her hands resting on her forehead and her fingers moving through her hair. It's like everything he did was meant to embarrass her. Jessica shook her head while staring down at the table, a barely audible murmur coming from her, "What am I doing?" She felt like this awkward boy sitting next to her was destroying her chance to make real, normal friends in this place. It would be best if she just got this over with as quick as possible.

"Well, while you were busy planting traps at my front door, I was busy actually getting a way into the basement...you know...like you said you could." Jessica reaches into her pocket and lays a key out onto the table. "For some reason my roommate wanted me to ask you to come with us." Her head shifts slightly so she can look at Jake. She winces and rolls her eyes in disgust at his eating habits. "I'm not sure why."

Cascalence

TIME OF DAY:  Morning

Karen ignored Zaniel for a moment, turning to the teenager.  "Oh, I'm sorry, Samuel.  Are you saying that you have a full grasp on your abilities?  Or furthermore, that your abilities may exceed whatever grasp this man has on his?" she said with a deliberate raise of her brow.  "By all means, then, challenge him to a duel.  But it will not take place on school grounds, am I perfectly clear?" she said sternly.  "If I catch you doing such a thing on school grounds, especially out in the open where a student could be harmed  I will see to it that the Dean knows and deals with you appropriately," she said.  She then let out a terse sigh and turned to Zaniel.  She pursed her lips and turned toward the Dean's office.  "If the Dean is in, I'm sure he can give you a tour of the facility.  If not...I could attempt to give you a tour, though honestly, I'm still learning the school's layout a bit myself," she said.  She glanced at Samuel over her shoulder.  He'd probably be better suited to give a tour, but she didn't know if she trusted the teen to do so.

Demigod1945

"Shouldn't we leave a tour to someone who knows the school like the back of his hand?" Samuel quipped sarcastically "And look forward to that duel Zaniel, but I must insist that I tag along, other wise" He paused searching for the words. "Su querida belleza aquĆ­, puede llegar usted perdiĆ³." he looked at the two adults. "So where is this tour going first?"

Cascalence

Karen stared at Samuel, acting every bit the spoiled teen he was currently.  He clearly had no respect for her, speaking as sarcastically as he was.  On top of that, he chose to speak in a language he had obviously come to understand she had no knowledge of.  While Zaniel did so clearly out of habit, Samuel was doing it to undermine her.  She jumped suddenly as her watch went off and looked at the time with a frown.  "Unfortunately, Senor Zaniel, I'm going to have to entrust you to Samuel's hands.  Please don't let him incite you to a duel on school grounds," she spoke with a small, and hopefully respectful, smile.  "And Samuel," she spoke, clearly stiff as she turned to him.  "Don't worry about your classes or students.  I've left a sign directing them to the library for a study period in lieu of classes for the day.  Since you seemed unwell earlier," she said.  "That being said, I need to go get my classroom set up before students begin to show up.  Forgive me," she said, nodding to both males before making her exit.  And hoping that it wasn't a mistake.

Kepesk

When Jessica shook her head, Jake looked confused. He quickly looked at the paint-splattered girl and said rhetorically, "What...?"

His eyebrows frowned at "planting traps at my front door", then his lips came together in a half-smirk and his head raised a bit in recognition. Then when she laid the key on the table, he looked at it, slightly in awe. That couldn't be for the basement... He thought, then looked back to her. She-- Nah...

After she spoke, he quickly defended, "No...! That water-bottle wasn't a trap... I was trying to get it back to you seeing as how you `left' it in the infirmary..."
Then, suddenly realizing what she had said, his brain playing catch-up, he stammered, "Your-- Your roommate..." He shot a quick glance at Paint-Splattered Girl, and said, "Oh...!" Then, he leaned into Jessica a bit and said in a low voice, "Is this your roommate...?" Then he smiled at Paint-Splattered Girl before continuing to respond to Jessica, "Ah, sure, your--" air quotes, "`room-mate' wanted me to come along." He smiled, pleased with himself, and nodded before answering with a shrug of one of his shoulders. "Sure, I'll come along. I already saved your ass once..." He stretched and put his hands behind is head, satisfied, and cockily said, "May as well do it again."
One swallow does not a summer make
~ Aristotle
My ons and offs     My art gallery here on Elliquiy

Demigod1945

Samuel watched for Karen's reaction, and based on her stiffness towards him, he had annoyed her. But he simply lost interest in her, more interested in the possibility of a duel. It seemed that the Spaniard known as Zaniel, was a swordsman, and hopefully a good one. When Karen walked off to her classroom, Samuel took the opportunity to pursue the duel again. "Of course Zaniel, but I was thinking that we had all day to tour the school, since it is only-" He looked down to check his watch. "-12:23, so perhaps we continue our duel outside in the parking lot. Then I can show you what this school really has to offer." Secretly he hoped that the Spaniard would accept the challenge, after all Samuel had always wanted to learn some swordsmanship.

Cascalence

TAGGING:  Aaron Shaw

Karen pulled out her phone and dialed the number, holding the cell against her shoulder with her cheek as she began to walk the classroom and distribute books and syllabi alike onto the desks.  "Mr. Shaw?" she spoke as she heard the receiver on the other end pick up.  Before she could even get confirmation from the other party, she continued on.  "Mr. Shaw, we need to discuss your choice to appoint Samuel Ervin as a teacher.  I have to say that I believe that decision was a poor one, and I need to air my grievances about him as well," she spoke as diplomatically as possible.

Batman4560

NAME: Arron Shaw
ROLE IN SCHOOL:  Dean
TAGGING:  Karen Schmidt

Shaw listened to her speak and stood from his chair. He walked out of his office and cleared his throat. "Thank you for calling and not leaving your class. I am on the way to your room to talk this over more. Witch I had something I wanted to speak with you about anyway so this will work for the both of us. Walking into her class shortly after hanging up with her he smiled at the students who were starting to file in and took a seat at the end of her desk. He waited until she had go the class working and then spoke. "So, what is on your mind?"

Cascalence

Unfortunately, it took some time.  Karen first walked her students through their syllabi, and then announced that they were to go ahead and start in on the book.  Finally, she came to the back of the classroom, giving an apologetic smile.  "Sorry to take up so much of your time, Dean Shaw," she spoke, before sighing and squaring her shoulders just a tad bit.  Not in defiance; not at all.  More of preparing herself for the resistance to her opinions about Samuel.  "As for my concerns about Samuel...he is a teenager, for starters.  And he has demonstrated not only the typical mood swings that come with being a teenager, but a blatant lack of respect for fellow faculty members, and even this facility and the safety of its students.  In addition to this, I believe that things are happening with his ability that he has yet to be able to control or fully grasp the concept of...and that the pressures of his position do not help with the growth of his ability, either," she said formally.  This was all from what she'd observed; his lack of response to her when Jake had taken her to aid Sam that morning; his jaded affect towards others, and his sarcastic replies to her; and finally, his attempt to duel a visitor on school grounds, in a hallway where students could easily be drawn to such an affair and possibly injured.

Batman4560

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will have a talk with him. Also I will keep an eyes on his powers." Shaw reached into his front jacket pocket and withdrew a pen and paper. "Karen let me ask you a question. What do you think of your powers?" He was once again going over this. "Don't get me wrong. I understand your concern and I will talk to him. I won't let his attitude go unpunished. But this is just as important."

Cascalence

Karen blinked, relaxing slightly as Aaron stated that he would talk to Samuel and keep an eye on his powers.  And then he questioned her about her own 'gifts.'  She shifted a bit uncomfortably.  "...They can be...handy.  But they can also be dangerous," she answered vaguely, her eyes moving to observe her students.  She breathed out a sigh.  "...Probably more a curse than a boon.  I've learned how to keep emotional safeguards in place against it, but if those were removed, or disrupted somehow, it could be very dangerous for everyone and anyone nearby," she answered, her lips pressing together in a thin line.

Batman4560

"Karen, I want to give you a....raise if you will." Reaching into the same pocket Arron withdrew a key. "Now as you know the basement has a microwave but it has much more than that in it. There is a...well you will have to wait till midnight tonight to see for sure. Rest assured that it is all in your best interest if you show up. Take any door to the basement but don't let anyone see you and don't take the same door as anyone else. If you want the job. Congratulations Vice Principal." Shaw could tell she felt strongly about the safety of the students and that meant the world to him. Who better to be the field leader of his new X-men.

Cascalence

ROLE IN SCHOOL:  English Teach---VICE PRINCIPAL??

Karen blinked and raised an eyebrow.  A raise?  What had she done to earn a raise?  She reached out as he held out a key, taking it and staring at it curiously.  Midnight, and don't take the same door as anyone else?  There would be others going down to the basement, then?  ...More curiosity bloomed in her chest as she stared at the key, her fingers feeling over its carved edges.  And then he said that.  Vice-Principal.  Her eyes shot up to him, wide.  She stuttered and spluttered over her words for a moment before catching herself, blushing madly at her sudden ineptitude.  Finally, she just gave a short nod.  "Yes, sir," she said quietly, accepting the position.  She would do her best to take care of both staff and student alike.

EndofDivine

NAME:  Jessica Reynolds
ROLE IN SCHOOL:  Student
TAGGING: Jake Crow, Penelope Archer

Jessica glanced over at the girl sharing the table with them as Jake whispers to her. She hoped the other girl wasn't paying attention to the conversation...at least she didn't look interested in the two of them. "No, that's not my roommate. My roommate is...well...more...not her? I guess?" It really struck her how little she actually knew about Kimmi other than she was a criminal and could tinker with machines. Was that really all they talked about or is that just the impression she walked away with? Not being able to come up with something nice to say made a pang of guilt shoot through her mind. She shrugged as she turned her attention away from the paint covered girl.

Jessica groaned when Jake said roommate with so much sarcasm. She knew exactly what he was trying to suggest. And he thinks he saved her? God...the ego on this guy was absolutely dumbfounding. "Look 'hero'...just be at the same door we tried before at midnight. And don't tell anyone...ok?"

Cascalence

NAME:  Penelope Archer
ROLE IN SCHOOL:  Paint-Splattered Girl
TAGGING:  Jessica Reynolds, Jake Crow

Sinking in her seat a bit when black melty-fire boy looked at her, Pen glanced over and caught sight of the key.  Now, she wasn't really eavesdropping, but...the key made her automatically pull out her own and stare at it...mostly under the table for a moment.  She then looked up at the other two.  "I...have one, too," she said suddenly.  She held the key up.  "From Dean Shaw, right?" she asked quietly.  "He called me to his office this morning..." she confessed, trailing off.  Her eyes darted to black melty-fire boy before quickly looking at the girl.  ...Was she as dangerous as he was?  ...Maybe she should rethink going down there....  Maybe they were actually being targeted, and going down there was some sort of trap to eliminate them.  She swallowed, suddenly nervous.  But...all she could do was grow plants.  How was that dangerous??  "Do you think it's safe?" she suddenly asked aloud.

Kepesk

NAME: Jake Crow
ROLE IN SCHOOL: Student
TAGGING: Jessica Reynolds, Paint-Splattered Girl

Jake repeated Jessica's statement back to her as though it made perfect sense, "Your roommate is more not her... Uh...huh. Got it."
Jake smiled when she called him `hero' even though he knew she was being sardonic. Somehow it still managed to make him feel...`gushy'. After she said not to tell anyone, he responded, "Oh, you mean like my `roommate'...?"

Then Paint-Splattered Girl spoke. Jake saw her hold up a similar key and he scrunched his face, flabbergasted, but his face dropped when she said Shaw had called her into his office. At first, he disregarded her question about it being safe, and just exclaimed, "Why don't I have a key!?! You've got a key. She's got a key. I'll even bet Ervin has a key too, that..." Jake spoke the next word under his breath, "...bstrd... Everybody has a damn key except for me! And why even have a Super-Secret Basement if you're just gonna give keys to everyone!"
Jake got ahold of himself, the weight of Paint-Splattered Girl's question actually having some merit to it. "End rant." He turned to Jessica, "She does have a point though..." He looked between them, "I don't know if it's safe for the two of you."
One swallow does not a summer make
~ Aristotle
My ons and offs     My art gallery here on Elliquiy

Demigod1945

When Zaniel accepted the challenge, Samuel was overjoyed to say the least. Whenever an opportunity to learn something new and interesting presented itself, he almost always took it. And when Zaniel asked him to lead the way, Samuel could barely contain his anxious. "Of course, the exit should be this way." He quickly turned around and walked down to the nearest red double doors marked as exits. He made his way outside and surveyed the parking lot. For the most part it was deserted, for obvious reasons. But the main one being that there were very few students with vehicles. Since they lived on campus, there really wasn't a reason to have them, especially when they could easily call a taxi service. He briskly walked over to nearest empty lots, turned around, and waited for Zaniel to give him a weapon. 

Demigod1945

While Samuel waited for Zaniel to get into his position, he had been assuring that no nearby students, or faculty. Despite what many would think of him, he wasn't about to be responsible for getting someone injured on school grounds. He had been looking to his right, at the cafeteria windows, which were only about 15 feet away, when he sensed Zaniel throw his second sword toward him, which was almost immediately followed by Zaniel attempting to stab him right where the solar plexus would be. Samuel managed to dodge the attacked, and memorize the attack for later use. The three quick slashed on the other hand, caught him a bit by surprise, he managed to dodge the first, but second caught him in the chest, causing a blast of sharp pain to go through his chest. The third attack didn't strike his chest, but his left arm, which only added to the pain. Choosing to ignore it however, he attempted to use those very same attacks on Zaniel, his sword arm flew forward, and he mimicked the attacks almost perfectly.

Batman4560

NAME: Aaron Shaw
ROLE IN SCHOOL: Dean
Tagging: Zaniel/Samuel

Aaron had just gotten out of the English class when is phone rang again. Apparently there was a sword fight going on in the parking lot. Shaw rolled his eyes and slammed his fist and head as hard as he could into a wall then ran off to the parking lot to see the two fighting. "CRAP" He said to himself and ran off. As he neared the sword fight he threw himself in between the two and was stabbed square in the chest. The blade seeped threw his body and his eyes widened in horror. "Y-Sam you..." Slowly he dropped to the ground and grasped up at his wrist. He was fine but making him afraid would prove his point of being a good role model and not a proud fool.

Demigod1945

Samuel was actually worried that Aaron was hurt, he didn't panic however, knowing that keeping a cool head was best for this situation. "Aaron?... We need to get you to the infirmary, let me see the wound."  Samuel stooped to inspect the wound and he saw that it was grave. But... something wasn't right. The amount of blood coming out of his wound wasn't nearly as much as it should've been. Not nearly as much. He slowly pulled out the sword, and watched as a small trickle of blood came out. "That... didn't actually wound you... did it?" So there was more than meets the eye with Mr. Shaw, very interesting.

Batman4560

NAME: Aaron Shaw
ROLE IN SCHOOL: Dean
Tagging: Zaniel/Samuel

Shaw opened his eyes and smiled. He had absorbed all the energy from the attack and the moment the sword was removed his wound healed up. Then using the stored energy he stood up and lifted Samuel off the ground. "Mr. Ervin, you do not respect the classes you teach, the school or me. I have misjudged you and for that I am sorry. You are fired. You may continue to go to the school like any other student but you are no longer a teacher here." Slowly he put him down then turned to the man. "And you. Why are you at my school?"

Demigod1945

Tagging: Aaron Shaw
"Fired you say? Hmm, very well Aaron, but yes I think I shall stay here, so much to learn, so much." Truthfully Samuel didn't care for being fired, he hadn't really started out very well anyway. He turned to Zaniel. "
Mis disculpas, pero tenemos que terminar este duelo otra vez." (My apologies, but we must finish this duel another time. ) He hoped that what he said was accurate, it had been awhile since he learned Spanish. Samuel turned and headed for the cafeteria, now realizing that he hadn't eaten yet. But he stopped short and turned back at Mr.Shaw. "Oh, and Aaron, if you need me for anything important, I assure you that you can trust me, as long as it is interesting of course." Samuel grinned a little, and then turned back towards the cafeteria. Upon entering he saw Jacob, Jessica, and what was it? Ah yes, Penelope, sitting at a lunch table. Their attention on an a set of objects on the table. He walked towards them quietly, and overheard a partial conversation, something about the basement maybe? He looked at the objects, which were two small keys. "What are these for?" he said quickly.