What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on February 12, 2011, 03:53:35 PM
Soldiers: Proving once and for all that bigger guns solve all problems.

Well, duh.

You need something dead? You use Adrenaline Rush and the semi-auto sniper ( Viper? ).

You need something really dead? You use the anti-materiel rifle ( or anti-material, as it's labeled in the game - possibly indicating it's a weapon of mass destruction rather than a rifle )

You need something completely obliterated? I mean, gone from history? Erased from time and space? In italics? ... well, if the Cain won't kill it, nothing will. I remember firing that on the Geth colossus, expecting it to take serious damage, enough for me to pop out and finish it off with my rifle. When the blinding light faded, there was nothing left.

Wolfy

Sigh, I wish I could find a video of the new Duke Nukem Trailer...the one where he's with Claptrap from Borderlands..it's hilarious... It played during X-play's Interactive Art Awards show today, so hopefully it will be up on Youtube sometime...just a tidbit:

Claptrap: Right, ok...I know you've got something for Halo: Reach..and please, don't make any 'reach around' jokes...
Duke: *smirks*
Claptrap: *sigh* Just..just roll the footage.

*Video plays, showing Duke coming across a soldier*
Soldier: Ah, Duke! Good timing, we've got your power armor right here! *Camera pans to show what is clearly master chief's armor*
Duke: ....Power armor is for Pussies.

Geeklet

Quote from: Inkidu on February 12, 2011, 03:20:11 PM
Being a soldier so smooths over any insanity difficulty problems. Seriously. If you think about it soldiers are the best class. Any attack needed can be replicated by either ammo types or the special attacks. Plus Adrenaline Rush gives you all the slow down to either kick ass or retreat like a sissy so your shields recharge.

Playing Mass Effect still. God damn find the Keepers side quest. Grr... three I need three more and I can't remember where they are.

While playing as a Soldier may make it easier, it also makes it boring. Stay in cover. Pop out to shoot, then go back to cover. Change to a different cover position. Repeat. May be fun for some people, but I get more of an adrenaline rush (pardon the pun) with the Vanguard. Stay back, weaken the enemy, then charge to gain position, blasting the hell out of those nearby with the shotgun, take cover again. Charge over to the left side, gain a flanking position. Charge to the very rear, where the heavy weapon users are, take out those missles and attack the rear while your teammates are still distracting em up front. It doesn't always work, but its made for a VERY different playthrough, for me. This is just my opinion, your mileage may vary, of course.

Wolfy

Arg!!...This damn wait for MvC3 is killing me! D:

Sabby

I want to play a game based off of this...

Power Rangers: Dino Thunder opening credits and theme song

But no. The most video gamey TV show in history doesn't have one good game >.< figures.

Inkidu

Quote from: Geeklet on February 12, 2011, 09:14:31 PM
While playing as a Soldier may make it easier, it also makes it boring. Stay in cover. Pop out to shoot, then go back to cover. Change to a different cover position. Repeat. May be fun for some people, but I get more of an adrenaline rush (pardon the pun) with the Vanguard. Stay back, weaken the enemy, then charge to gain position, blasting the hell out of those nearby with the shotgun, take cover again. Charge over to the left side, gain a flanking position. Charge to the very rear, where the heavy weapon users are, take out those missles and attack the rear while your teammates are still distracting em up front. It doesn't always work, but its made for a VERY different playthrough, for me. This is just my opinion, your mileage may vary, of course.
You don't play soldier like I do. If I'm not in the middle of it using melee more than the actual weapon I'm not having fun. Adrenaline rush is mainly to give me a damage buff so I can retreat back behind cover reload my shotgun and dry again. Powers shmowers.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Just got my hands on an old one, but a really good one. Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Football kicking a jetpack robot down a busy street and then hurling a truck after it... beautiful.

Hemingway

Well, I finally got around to finishing Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines. It wasn't very challenging toward the end, considering bullets literally couldn't hurt me, but aside from that ... you know, there are great games that can keep you entertained for hours ... then there are one-of-a-kind games that never get old. This game is the latter kind.

Lirliel

Started playing Two Worlds 2,

The story is... meh at best, mainly because there's a ton of side-quests but no real 'heart' in them. I don't feel involved to continue the main story-line.

Spoiler Alert!:

You are busted out of prison at the beginning, leaving your sister behind, the main character is first, "I wanna getz mah sistah", at which point his rescuers say no and he's just, "Aight then.. lead on you guys"

I mean.. what the shit.... she's your sister, priority numbero uno SAVE SISTER

Then again might have something to do with me playing BG2 which started with a similar premise and the protagonist moving heaven and earth to get Imoen back. Which here.. doesn't seem to be the case so much.

Also, fuck Horses in this game, fuck'em in the ear! Take notes from RDR.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Sabby

Fuck this game is awesome <3 perfect stress relief.

Just grabbed onto a helicopter and rode it into the street. Walked out of the flames, 6 mechs suddenly land around. Start tossing me around, I slam into a building side, land on a car, I pick the car up, shove my fists inside, rip it in half and punch them together. Steel Fists, go!

Grab the nearest, jump, bring him down on the road hard enough to send the rest flying. Put my foot down on him, dash and put my fist in the second, he goes down the road and takes a bus with him. Backhand the next one into a building, grab another and start punching his face, throw him down and headbutt him.

They all get back up, put on their thrusters and come right back to me. I charge my special move... Atomic Slam. Hulk pounds both fists into the ground, everything goes into slow motion as everything in a 10 block radius is absolutely obliterated.

Somehow, one mech survives, barely... must have been up high. I walk towards him, punch him once, twice, step back and pause... swing swing swing swing! Super sonic speed series of punches, slamming into his chest 5 a second, rear back one final punch, slams into him, he hits the wall, rebounds and flops onto the road. He barely even hits the pavement before I'm charge punching him BACK into the wall, he rebounds again, flops at my feet. I put my foot down, slamslamslamslamslam! Whole streets shaking from the merciless curb stomping! Football kick, he hits the wall, comes back and lands right on my uppercut, up in the air, I pound him down into the road with double fists and then come down with my foot.

I wait a second. Mech sparks up and explodes. Cue feeling of intense awesomeness.

Hemingway

There's so much I should play. In my book, however, should is a bad word. It's the death of all motivation. Instead of trying to play through Dragon Age, to have a save file to import, I'm fucking around with the Bulletstorm demo. I'm actually finding the competetive side of it more entertaining than I'd imagined. I'm not a competetive person at all, and much prefer co-op ( or single-player, even better ), but competing against myself, and myself alone ... well, that is kinda fun.

Brandon

Quote from: Sabby on February 15, 2011, 05:54:38 AM
Fuck this game is awesome <3 perfect stress relief.

Just grabbed onto a helicopter and rode it into the street. Walked out of the flames, 6 mechs suddenly land around. Start tossing me around, I slam into a building side, land on a car, I pick the car up, shove my fists inside, rip it in half and punch them together. Steel Fists, go!

Grab the nearest, jump, bring him down on the road hard enough to send the rest flying. Put my foot down on him, dash and put my fist in the second, he goes down the road and takes a bus with him. Backhand the next one into a building, grab another and start punching his face, throw him down and headbutt him.

They all get back up, put on their thrusters and come right back to me. I charge my special move... Atomic Slam. Hulk pounds both fists into the ground, everything goes into slow motion as everything in a 10 block radius is absolutely obliterated.

Somehow, one mech survives, barely... must have been up high. I walk towards him, punch him once, twice, step back and pause... swing swing swing swing! Super sonic speed series of punches, slamming into his chest 5 a second, rear back one final punch, slams into him, he hits the wall, rebounds and flops onto the road. He barely even hits the pavement before I'm charge punching him BACK into the wall, he rebounds again, flops at my feet. I put my foot down, slamslamslamslamslam! Whole streets shaking from the merciless curb stomping! Football kick, he hits the wall, comes back and lands right on my uppercut, up in the air, I pound him down into the road with double fists and then come down with my foot.

I wait a second. Mech sparks up and explodes. Cue feeling of intense awesomeness.

I concur, Hulk: ultimate destruction is the best super hero sandbox game made yet. Its got the style and atmosphere that make me keep coming back for more races across the city while destroying everything or even surfing on buses for no other reason then to surf on buses

Anyway, Im sure wolfy thought this might be coming but Ive decided to give WoW another try. Some of the stuff Ive seen from my brother, combined with familiar places changing and the leveling grind being made more interesting has been enough for me to give it another go.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Quote from: Brandon on February 15, 2011, 12:59:13 PM
I concur, Hulk: ultimate destruction is the best super hero sandbox game made yet. Its got the style and atmosphere that make me keep coming back for more races across the city while destroying everything or even surfing on buses for no other reason then to surf on buses

Anyway, Im sure wolfy thought this might be coming but Ive decided to give WoW another try. Some of the stuff Ive seen from my brother, combined with familiar places changing and the leveling grind being made more interesting has been enough for me to give it another go.

I'd say you should join my server....but it sounds like you're going to go to your brother's.

Anyway..playing MvC3. :D

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on February 15, 2011, 12:48:08 PM
There's so much I should play. In my book, however, should is a bad word. It's the death of all motivation. Instead of trying to play through Dragon Age, to have a save file to import, I'm fucking around with the Bulletstorm demo. I'm actually finding the competetive side of it more entertaining than I'd imagined. I'm not a competetive person at all, and much prefer co-op ( or single-player, even better ), but competing against myself, and myself alone ... well, that is kinda fun.
I know. I've kind of got a save file ready. Human noble romanced Morrigan, did the Awakening stuff, saved Ameranthine. However, I really wanted to do an elf game, or a dwarf game, but I can never seem to finish them. I think I'm willing to just canon Dragon Age 2. It doesn't have that same carry-over appeal as Mass Effect.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on February 15, 2011, 01:38:20 PM
I know. I've kind of got a save file ready. Human noble romanced Morrigan, did the Awakening stuff, saved Ameranthine. However, I really wanted to do an elf game, or a dwarf game, but I can never seem to finish them. I think I'm willing to just canon Dragon Age 2. It doesn't have that same carry-over appeal as Mass Effect.

I do agree with that. Which is basically what I've decided to do. Dragon Age was great, but it's ... lengthy, not something you can really rush through.

The only thing I want to do is do that thing with Morrigan in the end.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on February 15, 2011, 01:49:04 PM
I do agree with that. Which is basically what I've decided to do. Dragon Age was great, but it's ... lengthy, not something you can really rush through.

The only thing I want to do is do that thing with Morrigan in the end.
I read Game Informers article on DA 2 and they said the only person they got to party up with from the first game was Anders (and that's technically Awakening) so I don't think it will hit that hard as some of Mass Effects ghosts from the past did.

Is anyone seeing the trend. Bioware does a passable first game to get it out their (Mass Effect was good, but it has issues) and then they make a stellar sequel? Seriously, maybe Bioware should just put 2 after everything and it will be epic.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on February 15, 2011, 02:11:53 PM
I read Game Informers article on DA 2 and they said the only person they got to party up with from the first game was Anders (and that's technically Awakening) so I don't think it will hit that hard as some of Mass Effects ghosts from the past did.

Is anyone seeing the trend. Bioware does a passable first game to get it out their (Mass Effect was good, but it has issues) and then they make a stellar sequel? Seriously, maybe Bioware should just put 2 after everything and it will be epic.

Psh..that could never work...then everyone would be confused about where number 1 is, and then they'd have to release number 1 after number 2.

And come on, what popular franchise ever did that?

*Notices Star Wars*

.....F*CK! *flees in disgrace*

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on February 15, 2011, 09:15:46 PM
Psh..that could never work...then everyone would be confused about where number 1 is, and then they'd have to release number 1 after number 2.

And come on, what popular franchise ever did that?

*Notices Star Wars*

.....F*CK! *flees in disgrace*
A valuable lesson you have learned, yes?

Hemingway

There's been such a drought of games so far this year ... good stuff is coming, but until then, what the hell am I supposed to do? I bought Unreal Tournament 3 at the advice of my brother, and maybe it'll keep me going for a few days, but ... damn ...

Twisty

*chuckles at the first post* Never actually played WoW  ;D

I've been interested in trying it in the past, but being a easy MMO-addict my friends have warned me not to go there xD "You'll never come back out!" They say, so instead I play EVE online. EVE has very little roleplay, sadly, but I find it's great for just clicking buttons when I don't have the time, energy or spirit to write. Sucks my monies though *sigh*

Popmundo is a wonderful MMORPG, I play that quite a bit, it has a heavy focus on RP and a very adult side to what appears initially like a childish game.

IMVU 3D chat I often use for both adult roleplay and make 3D graphics of my characters for other MMOs/Forums.

Starwars combine is another great text-based MMO in a sci-fi setting, with a base made up mostly of pretty hard core forum and IRC RP'ers.

I also enjoy avatar art drawn by others of my characters, and to that end often spend a bit of time on Gaiaonline where I commission young artists to draw for me, or simply spend time spammin' up the forums.
<3

Inkidu

I'm feeling the pain of the drought. Seriously everything hits shelves next month and it makes February feel like the longest month of the year.

I need Dragon Age 2. I need Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Hemingway

It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't pushed back Deus Ex.

But, yeah.

Makes me wish I was a fan of Dead Space. Two months with no interesting releases ... torture!

Edit: Well, I am going to get Bulletstorm.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on February 16, 2011, 06:56:57 PM
It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't pushed back Deus Ex.

But, yeah.

Makes me wish I was a fan of Dead Space. Two months with no interesting releases ... torture!

Edit: Well, I am going to get Bulletstorm.
It comes out the same day as Dragon Age 2. (Deus Ex). I don't know about Bulletstorm. Seems to multiplayer focused from what I can see. Lets see how it reviews.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on February 16, 2011, 07:03:25 PM
It comes out the same day as Dragon Age 2. (Deus Ex). I don't know about Bulletstorm. Seems to multiplayer focused from what I can see. Lets see how it reviews.

What? Isn't Deus Ex coming out in May? Actually, now I can't even find that ... source? I hope that isn't true, because then ... what the fuck do I do? I just preordered DA2, but I'm more excited about Human Revolution!

Oh, and I'm not a multiplayer kind of guy, but I imagine Bulletstorm's single player will be interesting enough, and trying to beat your own score is pretty fun.