Crush the Xenos Scum! [40k discussion]

Started by chaoslord29, May 02, 2013, 11:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

How many Kharns does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Answer
Just the one and only, but it was an accident. He was really trying to draw a duck.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Cold Heritage

I enjoy the Ork psychic gestalt thing. It's a handy explanation for them.

How many Doomriders does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Just a little warp dust, baby, k-k-k-k-yeah.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Inkidu

How many Tyranids does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Answer
OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Ravien Delapor

How many Games Workshop employees does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Answer
Doesn't matter, since after the next edition core books come out, we'll know that it took all of them to screw us.
It's you and me, 2017.  New year, new profile.  Let's do this.

O/O's

Inkidu

How many Mat Wards does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Answer
Just the one, but the light bulb will be so powerful it will end the whole grimdark war

Ravien Delapor

How many Eldar does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Answer
Don't change the light bulb!  The Farseers have predicted that changing that bulb will re-write the course of history to come and doom a thousand worlds to the flame!  Exarch's, gather your forces!  We must defend this burnt-out 40W for as long as we can against the rampaging Mon-keigh!

O/O's

Hemingway

How many Dark Eldar does it take to change a lightbulb?

Answer
Just one: The trouble is finding a suitable place to steal a lightbulb from.

Inkidu

How many Ork Mechboyz does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Answer
Just one really, but in their never ending quest for the state of enuff dakka (or in some cases too much dakka) turning on the light bulb will illuminate approximately one quarter of the ENTIRE UNIVERSE and melt the skin off of any being on the planet its currently residing. The warboss was pleased.

Aryail

Question: If the Orks had a reason to built it, wouldn't they be able to create a "teknologee" that is able to destroy or close the eye of terror, just because they think that it will work?

Inkidu

Quote from: Aryail on May 12, 2013, 08:20:26 AM
Question: If the Orks had a reason to built it, wouldn't they be able to create a "teknologee" that is able to destroy or close the eye of terror, just because they think that it will work?
Definitely, but they wouldn't because that wouldn't be beating the Eye of Terror the Orky way. (i.e. Killing it with brute strength and a hail of conventional bullets.)

Also, every ork in existence would have to believe it.

Aryail

Maybe the "teknologee" consists on creating the biggest bullet ever, planet size, and then shooting it at the eye, that would be pretty Orky!

Inkidu

Quote from: Aryail on May 12, 2013, 08:26:47 AM
Maybe the "teknologee" consists on creating the biggest bullet ever, planet size, and then shooting it at the eye, that would be pretty Orky!
If they were to do that, it might actually be enough or more than enough dakka. The orks have only one law of physics as far as I know.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

Translation
It is widely accepted that the theoretical state of "too much dakka" is physically impossible. This implies that the state of "enough dakka" is equally impossible, as adding any more to "enough" creates "too much". Therefore, there is always room for More Dakka and to say otherwise is considered rather impolite. If you proceed to do so anyway, I will feed you to my Squiggoth.

Aryail

The Orks are just too much fun for me, they never fail to make me giggle.

Ravien Delapor

This question was posed to me in college, and while I've made my decision, I'd like to get the opinions of the board.

Necrons vs. Tyranids; who wins?  I favor the Necrons, but if anyone has proof that they'd get their little possessed robot-asses handed to them, be my guest and show it.

O/O's

Inkidu

So, I was looking to replace a burned out light bulb in my room the other day. I left to get the bulb and when I came back the light was already replaced. I looked around and saw predator and baneblade tracks originating in my small closet and at least a whole battalion of imperial guardsmen appeared to have been hiding under my bed. Also the window was open and I saw jumpjet burn marks on my sill. This is made all the more impressive by the fact that my room is on the second story. To change that light bulb must have taken a real tactical gen--CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!

(I'll let you figure the set up to that punchline yourself ;D)

Ravien Delapor

Quote from: Inkidu on May 12, 2013, 07:17:59 PM
So, I was looking to replace a burned out light bulb in my room the other day. I left to get the bulb and when I came back the light was already replaced. I looked around and saw predator and baneblade tracks originating in my small closet and at least a whole battalion of imperial guardsmen appeared to have been hiding under my bed. Also the window was open and I saw jumpjet burn marks on my sill. This is made all the more impressive by the fact that my room is on the second story. To change that light bulb must have taken a real tactical gen--CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!

(I'll let you figure the set up to that punchline yourself ;D)

Sweeps a low bow, dragging his hat across the floor.  I defer to your tactical humor, sir.

O/O's

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Ravien Delapor on May 12, 2013, 06:15:52 PM
This question was posed to me in college, and while I've made my decision, I'd like to get the opinions of the board.

Necrons vs. Tyranids; who wins?  I favor the Necrons, but if anyone has proof that they'd get their little possessed robot-asses handed to them, be my guest and show it.

Pretty sure the Necrons will stomp all over the bugs, assuming they could get them into a fight in the first place (Tyranids instinctively avoid Necron planets). Their self-repair mechanisms make them hard to keep down, and the combination of their disintegrating gauss weapons and their own lack of organic material means the Tyranids can't recoup losses in their traditional fashion. Tyranids could beat a force of Necrons, but only with a force advantage disproportionately large even beyond the usual overwhelming swarm - at anything approaching force parity, they're in for a rough ride.

Neysha

My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

TheGlyphstone

Inkidu

I'm assuming that newcron is a fan name.

TheGlyphstone

Yup. Helps distinguish the Tomb Kings IN SPAAAAAAACE that the 5th Ed Necrons are, compared to the implacable mindless terminator-borg-robo-zombies of 3rd Ed.

Ravien Delapor

Everything I've read online seems to say that GW is lightening 40K in general, removing or lessening some aspects of the grim/dark that I think really characterize the franchise.  Can anyone give me an argument that says this is a good idea?

O/O's

TheGlyphstone

Can you give some examples of this lightening before we try to defend it?

Inkidu

Yeah, I don't see any of that. 40K kind of prides itself on using any genre as long as it adds more grimdark.

I think the Golden Throne is failing, too. Let's face it if that happens humanity is out of the game.

Ravien Delapor

Shrugs.  Maybe I was mistaken.  I sure as hell hope so...the last thing I want is a lighter 40K.

O/O's