Species type roleplay, anyone?

Started by RedEve, October 06, 2007, 06:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewMoon35

Yes...a character sheet with the characteristics Red Eve is seeking.  I will do the same.  I would also like to create someone who starts as a human adult but transforms into Sil's alien counterpart.  I am interested to know what Luna's character will look like in both human and alien form.  Will she begin in the young form and then mature in a cocoon as in the movie?  And...what will she look like in alien form?  Are we open to mating scenes in both human and alien form.  I am very much into back story.  I do hope there is room for inner conflict and even romance...action too.  I am excited!  What else do you want from me?

MrBubbles

I'd be down to play the first guy that mates with Sil before getting horrible eviscerated  XD

RedEve

[img width=450 padding=15][/img]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Background/bio:[/b]

The CS template, I kept it basic.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Teo Torriatte

Here are some preliminary pics for what she could look like-

Human form

Partially transformed

Fully transformed

I can find other pics if you guys don't like those, and I am definitely open to mating scenes in all forms. I am open to ideas as far as when she transforms and such... I must admit that my memory of the movie(s) is rusty at best, having seen the first two a very long time ago. I can definitely write up a bio for her, although it might not be until later tonight that I am able to finish it.

NewMoon35

Oh my.  The pictures are perfect.  I have quite a collection of Sil images.  *blushes*  I love the human form image   It may take me a day or two find the time to go digging for images for my character.  I have a few long days at work left this week with little free time.  I don't want him to look like a monster as he did in Species 2.  I imagine him a bit more humanoid.  I will write the bio by tomorrow and I would love to start somewhere where you transform in your cocoon...perhaps begin when you break free but then move quickly to bring us up to speed.  I will describe my transformation as well.  Meanwhile...any victims along the way are welcome.  ;)

Vergil1989

The only problem is if you happen to be a lady and you end up with a male of the species, the ensuing pregnancy is normally very quick and always fatal.  I understand we aren't going for complete movie verse or anything but I was just curious how we planned to handle it, should it come up.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

NewMoon35

Quote from: Vergil1989 on May 07, 2013, 12:09:09 PM
The only problem is if you happen to be a lady and you end up with a male of the species, the ensuing pregnancy is normally very quick and always fatal.  I understand we aren't going for complete movie verse or anything but I was just curious how we planned to handle it, should it come up.

Yes...that would be unfortunate for her.  I am not sure what to do with that scenario.  I never liked the idea that they mate with pure humans.  It would seem they would need to mate with others like them.

Vergil1989

Indeed, but while I didn't have an issue with it myself persay, I will say that there probably were better ways to handle that idea than to kill the human mother.  Still, whatever works, I'm more trying to figure out a way to include potential female characters into this in case they for whatever reason wanted to play with the sexy aliens lol.

That aside, I don't mind the form of 'Sil' or whatever we end up calling her either, although I will say I don't remember her ever getting down when she was only partially transformed.  It was always all or nothing.  Still, it'd add a nice twist all the same. ;D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

arkhos

Very interesting topic here, and RP ideas you guys have tossed around sound wonderful!

If you have a need for a male character of any kind (victim, R&D Team member, Hunter team, etc), please feel free to shoot me a PM! :)

Otherwise, good luck with the story! :)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

NewMoon35

I will work on my character and post him tomorrow or Thursday.   We might stray from the movie a bit and focus on the most important aspect.  Two aliens, once human and part human longing to breed.  We might pay less attention to potential human mates...but who is to say we can't have fun with them?

RedEve

Actually I think that the interactions with the humans should be a big part of the game. They are integral to the Species story.

Teo Torriatte

Name: Ligeia
Role: Alien/human hybrid test subject
Background/bio:
She is known officially as Test Subject #5, the fifth in a series of experimental procedures to mesh human and alien DNA. The previous four attempts were met with failure, disaster or both. But #5 has proven to exceed all hopes and expectations, at least to the current point of her development. She has grown much more rapidly than a human, but her physical and mental development is comparable to that of a nineteen year old human.

She reads everything she can talk her supervisors into getting for her, and has taken the name Ligeia, after the Poe story, fascinated with the subject of transformation. This is partly due to dreams that have become more frequent as of late, where a young woman much like herself not only transforms into something magnificent, but picks a mate and changes him as well. Normally very curious and playful, she has become increasingly obsessed with this dream, the images encroaching into her waking thoughts, spurring her to draw the images that she can't seem to get out of her head. She keeps the drawings hidden, afraid of what they might do if they could see what she has been dreaming, afraid of what it could mean.

Is this a good start? Should I go farther with her transformation, or leave her there at the start of the story?

RedEve

I assume the intention is for her to be able to shift between her human and alien form? Otherwise it would complicate her life considerably after her escape.

Teo Torriatte

Yes indeed, she will be able to change back and forth.  :-)

MrBubbles

Quote from: RedEve on May 08, 2013, 01:33:46 AM
Actually I think that the interactions with the humans should be a big part of the game. They are integral to the Species story.

Do you want victims to give character sheets if they're only going to really last 3-4 posts before dying/fading into obscurity?

RedEve

Preferably yes.
They don't have to be very fleshed out.
Just the very basic info in the background portion would be enough.

RedEve

Name:Dr. Jeremiah Bosworth
Role:49
Background/bio:Dr. Jeremiah Bosworth is the head scientist of the project that created the human/alien hybrids. A brilliant bio-chemist and genetic biologist, he lead the group of scientists that made this possible. Unlike his subordinates, he has very little moral qualms about his work. The specimens are no more or less valuable to him than lab rats and he felt no remorse in putting the earlier failures out of their misery. He has noticed a worrisome development amongst some of his staff: a humanizing of their latest subject, #5. From his perspective, it offers little benefit to view the specimen as human, since it might needlessly cloud choices that are otherwise very clear and easy.

Bosworth has no wife or children, his work is his life, and this includes living on the secret base where the experiments have been taking place. He is an ideologue to his own science and has little patience for dissenting voices. The only authority he answers to is the military branch that has funded his project.

LordMing

I could take on the roll of a sort of CIA/NSA designated hitter ala Michael Madsen.  Hmm, the gov might even call in a freelance "sanitation" expert.
Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today? ~Emperor Ming

NewMoon35

When I have a moment I will post a complete bio.  For now, I just want to say that I will be a son of scientist who visits the lab, becomes infected, and eventually transforms into the alien's male mate...much like the second movie.  This will hopefully be the main story line...as other characters come and go, we will see how they interact with the aliens.  For me...the end goal is to have my character finally mate with and nest with the Sil creature.

rahatngt

Not playing but I gotta say the human model for the female alien looks perfect. Between the pale glistening skin, and the look of her eyes she is giving quite the impression of a beautiful lethal predator. Or so it felt for me. Good luck with the game.

NewMoon35

Human Name: Samuel Sift

Alien Name: Solith

Role: Initially human, son of one of the lead scientists on the alien project, and student; infected by alien DNA to become a male alien hybrid/Ligeia's mate.

Background/bio: Samuel was born into an awkward family.  His father a leading biologist who later focused on the possibility of life existing on other planets.  He analyzed data to determine if the most distant systems could support life.  That is why he was called in to work on this project.  To understand Ligeia and where she came from.

But that was Samuel's father...

Samuel was a loner because his father taught him to be.  His mother was an alcoholic and left the family when Samuel was seven.  His father never trusted another soul and taught Samuel to avoid friends and women most of all.  Samuel has no friends.  He has no idea how to relate to women.  He is often made fun of and picked on.  He stays to himself and read or plays role play games online.  This is hard for a young man of 18 years with a sex drive...with no way to release it.

Samuel is small and frail.  Pale as a ghost with little muscle.  He can't grow facial hair and is often mistaken for being much younger than 18.  He is truly isolated from the world.  His dad takes him to the lab to spark interest in biology.

Samuel becomes infected with the same alien DNA that created Ligeia.  The story will show how.  He will form a cocoon and mature into an alien male.  Reborn with a much stronger human stature which is just a shell to hide his alien form.

Now Solith, he is quite humanoid in form.  Far from a monster but far from his once human self.  His skin a dark green matching the alien flesh of his potential mate.  He has long clawed fingers and talons, an elongated skull wrapped in smooth emerald flesh, and tentacle which sprout from various places to enhance connection to his mate when breeding or to hold prey.  His eyes are black as night with elongated amber pupils.  Just as his female counterpart, he can switch between a human appearance and alien form, though no one would recognize the human shell.

I shall save more details for the story as this all plays out.