The World goes Super: heroes Unleashed!

Started by Bishrook aka Fate sisters, October 01, 2005, 07:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

Introduction
The world is one that is identical to our own. Their have never been super heros, mechs, Magic objects or alien races.

Until now…..

On the edge of the solar system a space ship comes out of hyperspace and activates it Q-drive engines.  It spots our world and heads for it. It is clear from radio transmissions  the planet is inhabited by intelligent but primitive peple. It races to hide there in our vast oceans.

About thirty minutes later a much larger ship appears and sets off in pursuit.

“Taton McVlad  the Federation Star Cruiser Vigelence. Stop accelerating and prepare to be boarded. You will be given no more warnings. We will use deadly force if do not comply.”

The smugglers response was to up the acceration of her ship. If she could get to the planet then the Starcruiser would hamstrung by its own code of non-interference.

The chase went on with the powerful Star cruiser gaining a little bit each minute.

Almost there! Thought the Smugler catian. Another few minutes!.

The was the most maneuver of all. She had deaccerate to land. That ment e the cruiser would gain on her. The gamble was the cruiser would do the same and deaccelrate in turn.

The Smuggler flpped over and began thrusting ti slow itself down.

Aborad the StarCruiser the Commander faced a difficult decision. De accerate and capture? Or maintain speed and story.

“Range Weaponeer?” he asked.

“Extreme  but possible.”

The commander considered. If he let the smuggler land not only would his task of catching and stopping the criminal be made more difficult but this pristine primitive planet would be contaminated.

“Fire to kill” he told the weaponeer.

Two missiles flashed from the underbelly of the Cruiser toward the smuggler.

The smuggler desperately tried to evade.

Too desperately for her drive blew send a wave of Q radiation over the western hemisphere.

Without any other target in site the missiles continued to accelerate and then continued in a journey that would take them into the sun.

“Change course.” Said the commander.

The star cruiser did and then left the solar system.

+++++++++

Most of the radiation was absorbed by the atmosphere but everybody in the western hemisphere absorbed some radiation and had their genetic structure changed.
Most were minor but approximately one in 100,000 was not.

These became mutant super beings.

+++++++++

Your character went to sleep last night as a normal human being. When they woke iup they were a mutant with a super power.

There are 3000 mutants in North America and you character is one of them.

They must now face the problems of such power. Service or greed? Control or excess? Remain hidden or go public? Means or ends?

And then the problem of how to use the power is also present.

But the problems will not be solved right away.

For one thing new powers slowly begin to appear after the first one.

++++++++++
This game will be played freeform with  a GM without a PC controlling the outcome. Dice will be used only during character formation. Using the list of powers  the GM will randomly select a new power for each character once every episode until each  has six powers.

We will be using a companions (Super team) style of story with all the PC’s being in a single team with the NPC’s being run by the GM. If there are a great many players we will creat more than team but the teams will be allied if not always friendly.

Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

GamerJunky

This is a great idea we love it, Robin wants to be a player, but if you need a GM Rob would love to do it for you, we love it and can't wait till this game gets started.
Now lets have fun everyone.

Creeper

Moderated freeform Superhero-ness? Sounds good!
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Siegfried

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

Hi Rob
(waves at Robin)
I'd be delighted to have you run this game. I got the inspiration but with Champions, Eden and a couple of others i wonder if I can do  justice to the concept here.
I have several lists drawn from common SH games I will send to you as a resorce.
Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

GamerJunky

(Rob) It will be my pleasure, I will get it set up and I will take any resources you have, I will get a character sheet together, it will be in depth because everyone will be normals. Then you will start the game with one power and you will discover it and try to control it and then we will go from there.

indarkestknight

GamerJunky

The forum is set up, take a look there also the character sheet is posted ok.

Celestial Goblin

If god forbid, the Labyrinth game will stop i'm in for sure.
If not, i'm probably still in.
Man, and we almost began...

GamerJunky

all are welcome hope you join just check it out if you have any questions pm me or Bishrook, or post in ooc ok.

Celestial Goblin

Sorry, i can't join this time.
I already have enough games going/forming.