Mark All Posts Read

Started by Greenthorn, June 19, 2008, 11:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

I tried to explain this before, and will attempt to try again.

Is there any way to have, under -each- board (Play-By-Post: Light, Play-By-Post: Bondage, D/s, S&M, General Sexiness, and the rest), a "mark all read" option?  In all actuality this would take out the extreme games on "show unread posts" because if someone doesn't want them to show up there, they could simply click "mark all read" for the entire board, before clicking "show unread posts".

We now have Mark All Messages Read that marks everything on the forums as read, but blah..it takes me a awhile when I first sign on to get to that point.  Here would be an ideal logging on for me:

1) Check My Topics

2) Go to the Game boards on the right side and click "Mark all read" under each board.

3)Go back and read anything new under the topics I personally care about. 

So basically if I were to choose "Show unread posts", everyone else's stories/games would not come up (I won't have 2-3 pages of unread posts)

Xillen

What you're calling boards aren't boards, they're groups of boards.

You can do it for each board specifically, and you can do it for everything.

Do we really need more than that? And if so, can we also add a button to make the 3rd and 7th board of the left column, the 2nd, 8th and 9th board of the middle column and the 4th and 11th board of the right column as read? :P

Greenthorn

*glares at Xillen*

*walks away until I can think of how to reword my suggestion better*

*glares over her shoulder at Xillen again and mumbles*

He is just -so- lucky I like him...so lucky!!

:D

Xillen

I can understand what you mean, but from a technical point of view, even though boards appear under the same header for us, that's just a layout setting. The boards are in fact actually not related at all.

Unfortunately, they use a session verification, else you could simply make a page that links to all different Mark Read buttons at the same time.

The way it is now, someone (read: Vekseid) would have to program Mark Read buttons for every individual category. On top of that, he'd have to manually incorporate those buttons in every language pack for every layout that's available.

Greenthorn

I think I understand *sighs*

I just hate having to go into each sub-category and using the "mark all posts read" there.  Some headings(?) I just have no interest in, but I'm not too keen on marking -everything- as read.  Marking everything in "Play-by-post: Light" as read all at once, would just be much easier than clicking on "Light: Human Solos", "Light: Human Small Groups"...and marking them read there.