News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest Check: Legendary Monsters (3.5 DnD)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, November 30, 2014, 01:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lockepick

I think that's why I'm a little confused -- the +13 Insight bonus is only for RACIAL stuff, am I correct? Anything that comes from a Class (Cleric Spells, Turn Undead, Smite Evil, etc) does NOT get the bonus, correct?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Kunoichi

Here are the statistics for a Hound Archon Hero, essentially a regular Hound Archon with class levels.  Note that while 'Paladin abilities' is listed under the special qualities section, the special attack section also lists Smite Evil, Spells, and Turn Undead.

From that, I think it would be fair to conclude that a Paragon Hound Archon Hero would add the insight bonus to her relevant Paladin class features, in addition to her racial abilities. ^^

Sain

With gynosphinx it lists pounce as a special attack. Would that mean that it's +13 insight bonus to all attacks performed as part of the pounce o.O That's... pretty wicked.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, ok. Let's go with that the +13 insight bonus applies to any attacks but can be applied only once (either increase attack roll, damage or save DC's and with spells and such you need decide universally what it increases with all spellcasting or power stuff). So example warblade paragon can choose +13 insight bonus to attack, damage or save DC bonus with maneuvers (not choose between maneuvers where it applies).

Lockepick

I'm not sure I understand what types of stuff does and doesn't get effected by it.

Would Divine Grace go up by +13?
I assume Lay on Hands would have +13 to the level in regards to calculating the formula.
Would I be adding +13 to the VALUE of my Marshal Minor Auras, and +13 to the level for determining the value of Major Auras?
Does adding +13 to the War Domain mean I get a +13 to Hit (or Damage) when using my favored weapon?
Does adding +13 to the Glory Domain mean I get +13 to my Turning roll OR turning damage? Does that stack with the +13 I already get from turning roll or damage?

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Divine Grace would not go up as it's not a attack ability (think harming people here, not self-defense buffs).

LoH neither would work as it's not attack. Same to auras. War domain gives weapon focus feat (not bonus to attack) with your chosen weapon. Glory domain stuff you have to choose either with turning roll or turning damage (not both). It stacks whatever is your normal turning roll or damage roll with turning.

indarkestknight

Spells, however, and psionics, fall under special attacks, so you could use it to boost your caster (or manifester) level or your save DCs.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, so you got CL 25 but 6th level powers/spells in general sense. Helps when facing high SR foes (while it can make some spells silly but then again this is legendary monster game so it's silly itself already :P). Idea is to have crazy fun with your chars as actual 'dice rolling' should not that much needed as you most of time face those whom you rofl-stomp over.

Edit; And if someone says the CL +13 added to psionics (or god's forbid; ardent's who powers known are based on manifester level) make them gods, I rule that it does help them raise duration and effect of powers which depend on ML and also helps vs resistance (but it does not allow them augment powers past 12 unless using overchannel). So psions do not get better deal than diviners/arcanists.

Sain

It'll be hilarious alright. 517 temporary hit points and 11X or something AC and all damage halved before dr/etc. these things are ready to take on meteor strikes to the face or alternatively split them in half with a single swing.

I'll just add my current bg idea here (still slightly under constructions and suspect to changes as I might better define dragon shaman aspect). So, we cooking things up as we go or maybe basing things on one of the premade settings?

background
Aeons past, in a time cycle where large monstrous races rules several vast continent spanning kingdoms in the world and most smaller humanoid races lived either in rural societies hidden from sight or suffered in slavery under their bestial overlords, a sphinx was born. It was no miracle per say, thousands of sphinx were born in those days, but this particular sphinx was from the very beginning so much more than the rest of her kine. This is as much fact as any record of modern day would have of the origin of Dynja, the grand designer of dimensional puzzles. In her early life, when she still cared, she went to great lengths to erase her background for the first century or so, until making an official emergence in the ancient sphinx empire when she was offered a chance to design tomb of the late pharaoh.

Soon, no noble or person of power wanted for any other architect than Dynja. She lived at least a small portion of her life enjoying the life of a renown architect with all the benefits one could imagine and a long line of suitors. The empire entered a phase where new monuments were raised in rapid succession after a long more dormant period. Mausoleums, dungeons, mazes, cathedrals, pyramids and more structures of monolithic size were raised according to the instructions of Dynja. These would stand the test of time and although most of the dungeons and tombs would be looted and razed many times over, some would remain till present date. A few of the largest creations would be turned into cities by young races who would unknowingly rise new kingdoms in tombs built by their enslaved ancestors long long ago.

However, knowing she would be remembered and having it all laid out for her was not enough for Dynja. She grew bored. The princes were tedious at best despite their valor and looks and even the other scholars were beginning to be left in the dust of her rapid advance. She wanted more, and soon Dynja began experimenting with the planes. For a good while she built hidden portals and spells in secret while continuing her ‘day job’ as the grand architect, but eventually her hobby demanded too much time. Dynja bid goodbye to the ancient empire in a manner that is often described in carvings and hieroglyphs as rather abrupt and rude towards the wishes of the pharaoh who ruled at the time.

Centuries flew past fast when exploring the outer spheres that were opened up before her. Naturally, a time came though when watching was not enough and again Dynja began, but this time she was not restricted by the limited views and wishes of the nobility and powerful. She built countless mazes and puzzles that spanned planes and the spaces between with traps that were meant to test namely the intelligence and wits, but sometimes courage and other simpler qualities too. Since time may flow in strange ways on the planes, she can not say how long time was spent building these things, but it must have been millenias as the majority of the mazes still remain untouched to the modern day. Many legends circulate of these mysterious extradimensional dungeons among those who delve outside of the primal plane. It is clear to all experts of lore that they are her handiwork, but some stranger rumours are no unanimously agreed upon. For example her disappearance is a topic of much debate.

Dynja herself fondly recalls the time where overgod Ao tricked her out of the mazes to be sealed for she was building in spaces that should not be tampered with and about to break through into uncharted planes. It could have been out of good will towards her motives of innocent curiosity, but Ao did not outright remove Dynja out of her dimensional dungeon by force. He wanted her to ask for it.

For few thousand years Dynja had not met another being of mortal origin that could level with her enlightened mind, and found relationships at best tedious attempts at role playing; and she had tried every role. A man was born - a regular human - under the same conditions that gave Dynja her unearthly talent and mind. Unbeknownst to her the man grew and in a much shorter time than her found himself absorbed by the planes. She first saw him while scrying a party of daring mortals enter one of her favourite puzzles, and her eyes were on him ever since. Dynja followed as the young glasses wearing genius outwitted her carefully planned mazes that even ancient heroes and creatures could not complete. She engaged in almost half a century long game of cat and mouse with his group, where she played the part of an obscure entity which would grant them what they sought should they find her; all the while testing him with new riddles. Through decades of playing her games they learned each other in a way only two gifted beings of extraordinary intellect can. When he finally entered her lair it did not matter to Dynja assaulted. She had not known true lust in the longest time and didn’t let his aging appearance or the presence of his party matter; how could mere mortals stop her anyway?

For a creature that had spent such an eternity dwelling almost entirely on her own field of interest a bond like that - one lesser minds couldn’t comprehend - was a life changing experience. She enjoyed each second of his company enough to put aside her passion and give building a rest. His inevitable death by age restarted her mental clock that had stopped long ago With his parting words - a treasure she will never share - the mortal made Dynja reconsider her place in the universe. In the end of a long (at times pathetically simple) identity crisis she realized the full dangers of building without worry for the fabric of reality and knew that should she continue doing what she had been doing before the man she could upset the careful arrangement of planes. Furthermore, Dynja knew that without the love of her life she would eventually begin to build again and upset the balance, for there was nothing else to do. Shortly thereafter, she made arrangements to leave her followers; a gathering of tireless immortal constructs; in charge as she sought out Ao and prayed him to seal her.

Ages have whizzed past as she has slumbered outside of space time, and for the longest while Dynja was content. However, over time of which she had plenty, a small tingle of doubt began to grow within her heart. The man had been perfection; a human that grew to match her mind in but a fraction of the time she had spent to perfect hers. She began questioning whether or not the the man she loved had been a real product of chance or just fabrication of Ao. Then if it was, was it all because Ao wanted her to come quietly, and later grow suspicious. She knew that it would only be so if Ao had designed to free her at one point, but she is certain that as long as he gives her a good purpose she can keep herself from continuing her maze.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, you can make own home worlds which spawned you or use published ones whichever you prefer. Nice background there :).

Anyways, I can with likely confidence tell that I will be the GM for this one....so start generate charsheets folks (use either typed like others before or use online versions like mythweavers).

Kunoichi

I'm pretty close to being done with my character sheet, fortunately. ^^ Remember how we have to spend half of our starting wealth on a special custom legendary item for our characters?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The Sea Witch's Staff
Price: 100,000 gp
Body Slot: -- (held)
Caster Level: 14th
Aura: Strong; Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination, Enchantment and Transmutation
Activation: Multiple
Weight: 3 lb.

This twisted, gnarled wooden staff looks surprisingly plain and nondescript, considering its reputed power.

The Sea Witch's Staff allows her to cast any of the following spells by expending a prepared arcane spell or arcane spell slot of the same level of higher.
-   analyze dweomer 2/day
-   baleful polymorph 3/day
-   charm monster 3/day
-   phantom steed 2/day
-   scrying 2/day
-   shrink item 2/day
In addition, the Sea Witch's Staff functions as a +1 eager warning smoking quarterstaff, providing a +7 bonus to initiative while held and, upon command, filling her space with smoke that provides a 20% miss chance from concealment.  The staff provides a continuous cloak of dark power effect to its wielder, protecting her from the effects of sunlight and preventing her from suffering the effects of any innate weaknesses to bright or full sunlight while held.
   The Sea Witch's Staff informs its wielder of all spellcasting that occurs within 60 feet of her, as well as allowing her to attempt a Spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell level) to identify the spell being cast (even if she can't see its casting or effect.  This is a continuous effect and requires no activation.
   Once per day, when she succeeds in identifying a spell in this manner, she can activate the staff to counterspell that spell as if with dispel magic, or change the target of the spell to any target within 60 feet of her.  If she chooses an illegal target (because of the spell's range limitation or other restrictions), the spell functions normally and the effect is wasted.
   Once per day, the staff can cast acorn of far travel, as the spell, upon an acorn that is still attached to a living oak tree.  The spell-imbued acorn can last for up to two weeks before fading.
   Finally, six times per day, the staff can be used to fill a container with up to 12 ounces of water, fine ale, or wine of any vintage.

Here's mine, ready for approval.

Edit: Okay, pending DM approval, I believe my character sheet is done. Now, I just need to write up her backstory.

The Sea Witch of the Grey Coast

NE Medium Fey (Aquatic)
Init +15; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision
         Spot +20, Listen +20
Languages Common, Sylvan, Elven, Draconic, Aquan, Ignan, Terran, Auran, Infernal, Abyssal

AC 47, touch 42, flat-footed 39
   (+5 natural, +12 insight, +12 luck)
hp 352 (12d10 HD + 144); fast-healing 20 DR 10/Epic
Immune blindness, dazzling, fear, mind-affecting effects (from Ghostly Visage familiar)
Resist cold 10, fire 10; SR 37
Fort +47[+52], Ref +49[+54], Will +52[+57]; +2 to resist sleep, stun, paralysis, poison and disease, +24[+27] to Will to resist fear

Speed 90 ft (18 squares); swim 120 ft. (swim +27 untrained)
Melee 2 claws +46 melee (1d4+29)
   Claws treated as Epic for purposes of overcoming DR
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +12; Grp +21
Atk Options fell frighten, fearful empowerment
Special Actions charnel touch, evil eye, grant move action, horrific aura, negative energy burst, rebuke undead, scabrous touch, smite heathen, switch auras
Combat Gear Belt of the Wide Earth, Broom of Flying, Goggles of the Golden Sun, Periapt of the Sullen Sea, Sea Witch's Staff
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 27th, DC 46+spell level)
   At will--detect good, ghost sound, mage armor, mage hand, message prestidigitation, shield, tongues
   20[23]/day--disguise self
   3/day--blindness/deafness, greater dispel magic, haste, lullaby, major image, minor image, see invisibility, suggestion, ventriloquism
   1/day--charm person, confusion, lesser confusion, hallucinatory terrain
   2/week--fallen soul (Dragon 312)
   1/week--bestow curse
Dread Necromancer Spellcasting (CL 11th, DC 46+spell level [+4 for Fear)
   1st--13/day
   2nd--13/day; bane, doom, kelgore's grave mist(PHBII)
   3rd--13/day
   4th--13/day
   5th--10/day

Abilities Str 29 (+9), Dex 27 (+8), Con 32 (+11), Int 30 (+10), Wis 30 (+10), Cha 50[56] (+20[+23])
SA awesome beauty, charnel touch, evil eye, exquisite fairness, fear aura, fearful empowerment, greater master of terror, horrific aura, intercession, negative energy burst, rebuke undead, scabrous touch, smite heathen
SQ absorb fear, amphibious, aura of evil, aura of fear, auras, delay fear, divine grace, fast healing 20, fey bloodline, grant move action, hidden faith, mental bastion, reflect fear
Feats Skill Focus (Diplomacy) (B), Unnatural Will (B), Extra Smiting x3 (B), Fearsome and Fearless, Tomb-Tainted Soul, Versatile Spellcaster, Fell Frighten, Landlord, Easy Metamagic (Fell Frighten), Rapid Metamagic
Skills Bluff +48, Concentration +36, Diplomacy +51, Disguise +48, Hide +33, Intimidate +58, Knowledge (Arcana) +35, Knowledge (History) +35, Knowledge (Religion) +35, Sense Motive +35, Spellcraft +35, Swim (untrained) +27, Use Magic Device +40.5
Equipment
Broom of Flying- Fly as overland flight spell for up to 9 hours/day, comes when called
Circlet of Charisma +6
Corset of Resistance +5
Belt of the Wide Earth - Carrying capacity doubled; 2/day trade spell slots for teleport
Goggles of the Golden Sun - Immune to blindness, dazzling; 3/day trade spell slots for fireball
Periapt of the Sullen Sea - Hold breath 12 hours; 2/day trade spell slots for freedom of movement
Heward's Handy Haversack - holds up to 120 lb., but weighs only 5 lb.; all objects stored are easily accessible
Vestment of Many Styles - Transforms into any outfit on command
Ruby Lens in a Gold Loop (Focus for Analyze Dweomer)
The Sea Witch's Staff
Price: 100,000 gp
Body Slot: -- (held)
Caster Level: 14th
Aura: Strong; Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination, Enchantment and Transmutation
Activation: Multiple
Weight: 3 lb.

This twisted, gnarled wooden staff looks surprisingly plain and nondescript, considering its reputed power.

The Sea Witch's Staff allows her to cast any of the following spells by expending a prepared arcane spell or arcane spell slot of the same level of higher.
-   analyze dweomer 2/day
-   baleful polymorph 3/day
-   charm monster 3/day
-   phantom steed 2/day
-   scrying 2/day
-   shrink item 2/day
In addition, the Sea Witch's Staff functions as a +1 eager warning smoking quarterstaff, providing a +7 bonus to initiative while held and, upon command, filling her space with smoke that provides a 20% miss chance from concealment.  The staff provides a continuous cloak of dark power effect to its wielder, protecting her from the effects of sunlight and preventing her from suffering the effects of any innate weaknesses to bright or full sunlight while held.
   The Sea Witch's Staff informs its wielder of all spellcasting that occurs within 60 feet of her, as well as allowing her to attempt a Spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell level) to identify the spell being cast (even if she can't see its casting or effect.  This is a continuous effect and requires no activation.
   Once per day, when she succeeds in identifying a spell in this manner, she can activate the staff to counterspell that spell as if with dispel magic, or change the target of the spell to any target within 60 feet of her.  If she chooses an illegal target (because of the spell's range limitation or other restrictions), the spell functions normally and the effect is wasted.
   Once per day, the staff can cast acorn of far travel, as the spell, upon an acorn that is still attached to a living oak tree.  The spell-imbued acorn can last for up to two weeks before fading.
   Finally, six times per day, the staff can be used to fill a container with up to 12 ounces of water, fine ale, or wine of any vintage.

Amphibious (Ex) Although the Sea Witch is aquatic, she can survive indefinitely on land.

Awesome Beauty (Su) This ability affects all humanoids within 30 feet of the Sea Witch. Those who look directly at her must succeed at a DC 49 Will saving throw or be shaken for 1 minute. A creature that remains in range and continues to look at her must continue to make saving throws against this ability. A successful saving throw while already shaken does not free the creature from the affect of the initial failed save. A failed saving throw while shaken resets the duration of the shaken condition to start from that round. The Sea Witch can suppress or resume this ability as a free action. This is a mind-affecting, fear effect.

Daylight Weakness (Su) When the Sea Witch is exposed to natural sunlight (not merely a daylight spell), she takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, and ability checks, and loses 4 points of Charisma.

Evil Eye (Su) Three times per day, a sea hag can cast its dire gaze upon any single creature within 30 feet. The target must succeed on a DC 47 Will save or be dazed for three days, although remove curse or dispel evil can restore sanity sooner. In addition, an affected creature must succeed on a DC 47 Fortitude save or die from fright. Creatures with immunity to fear effects are not affected by the sea hag’s evil eye. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Exquisite Fairness (Su) The sight of the Sea Witch is so enchanting that anyone (other than a hag) who sets eyes upon her must succeed on a DC 47 Fortitude save or instantly be weakened, taking 2d6 points of Strength damage. This damage cannot reduce a victim’s Strength score below 0, but anyone reduced to Strength 0 is helpless. Creatures that are affected by this power or that successfully save against it cannot be affected again by the Sea Witch's exquisite fairness for 24 hours. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Fey Bloodline (Ex) The Sea Witch is considered a creature of the fey type when enchantment magic is directed against her. For example, the charm person spell does not affect her, but charm monster affects her normally. The Sea Witch can also activate magical items restricted to fey creatures.

Sanctuary-Bound (Su) The Sea Witch is mystically bound to her island sanctuary, and can never stray beyond that island's shores (about 60 feet into the water from the beaches). When she does so, she becomes ill and must succeed on a DC 12 Will save each hour or permanently lose 1 point each from Strength, Constitution, and Charisma. The DC increases by +1 for each previous failed check.

Charnel Touch (Su) Negative energy flows through the Sea Witch's body, concentrating in her hands.  At will, but no more than once per round, she can make a melee touch attack against a living foe that deals 1d8+14 points of damage.  This touch heals undead creatures, restoring 15 hit points per touch.  She gains a +13 insight bonus to damage from the Paragon Creature template.
   The Sea Witch can use the spectral hand spell to deliver this attack from a distance.

Rebuke Undead (Su) 26 times per day, the Sea Witch can rebuke or command undead creatures by channeling negative energy through her body, as a 20th-level Cleric (she gains a +13 insight bonus to her effective Cleric level from the Paragon Creature template).

Negative Energy Burst (Su) The Sea Witch has the ability to emit a burst of negative energy from her body once per day, harming living creatures within 5 feet of her.  This burst deals 7d4 points of damage.  A successful DC 49 Will save reduces the damage by half.  Undead creatures within this burst are healed the same amount of hit points as the damage she deals to living creatures.

Fear Aura (Su) The Sea Witch radiates a 5-foot-radius fear aura as a free action.  Enemies in the aura must succeed on a DC 51 Will save or become shaken.  A creature who successfully saves cannot be affected by the Sea Witch's fear aura for 24 hours.

Scabrous Touch (Su) Once per day, the Sea Witch can use her charnel touch to inflict disease on a creature she touches.  This ability works like the contagion spell, inflicting the disease of her choice immediately, with no incubation period, unless the target makes a successful DC 49 Fortitude save.  The DC for subsequent saving throws to resist the effects of the disease depends on the disease inflicted.
   Activating this class feature is a swift action.  The effect lasts until the Sea Witch makes a successful charnel touch attack. The spectral hand spell can enable her to deliver a scabrous touch attack from a distance.

Summon Familiar The Sea Witch has summoned a Ghostly Visage (Fiend Folio, page 221) to act as her familiar.  It stays melded with her at all times, providing her with constant immunity to mind-affecting effects.

Greater Master of Terror (Ex) The Sea Witch's fear-based spells are more potent than normal.  The save DC of any spell she casts with the fear descriptor increases by 2.  This bonus stacks with Spell Focus.  Furthermore, the spells bane and doom are added to her arcane spellcaster list as 2nd-level spells, and her fear spells are so potent that they can even affect individuals normally immune to fear, such as paladins, although the subject still gains a saving throw to resist the spell's effect.  Only targets with 28 or more HD are immune to her mastery of terror (this number includes the +13 insight bonus from the Paragon Creature template, applied to the Sea Witch's effective caster level for the purposes of calculating this ability only).

Absorb Fear (Su) Starting at 2nd level, the Sea Witch can turn her own fear, whether natural or mystical in origin, into extra power for her spells.  Any time she is exposed to a condition that could make her shaken, all her spells function at +1 caster level; if the condition could make her frightened, they function at +2 caster level; if panicked, they function at +3 caster level.  These bonuses last for the duration of the fear effect, or for 23 rounds, whichever is less.  These bonuses are treated in all ways as though she had failed the save. In other words, if she is subject to a spell that causes panic on a failed save but only shakens those who make the save, she gains the bonus from being panicked even if she makes the save.
   She can, instead of gaining these bonuses, choose to cast a single extra spell; this casting does not use up a spell slot.  She must make this choice the instant she is subjected to the fear effect, and once she has made her choice, she must cast the spell within 23 rounds.  She can cast an additional cantrip if shaken (she knows no cantrips), an additional 1st-level spell if frightened, or an additional 2nd-level spell if panicked.
   If she is subject to a second fear effect while still enjoying the effects of the first--either the granted benefits or holding the extra spell--she must decide whether to keep the original effect or replace it with the new one; she cannot benefit frommore then one fear effect at a time.

Fearful Empowerment (Su) Twice per day, the Sea Witch can add the fear descriptor to any spell she cast that has some sort of visual manifestation.  For example, she could apply it to a fireball or a summon monster spell, but not to charm person, since that spell does not directly create any visual effect.  Creatures targeted by a spell modified by fearful empowerment must make a DC 55 Will save or become shaken for 1d4 rounds; this is in addition to any other effects the spell might have.  The save DC bonuses from greater master of terror apply to this spell.

Delay Fear (Su) The Sea Witch can choose to delay the onset of any fear effect she imposes on someone else, such as by casting a cause fear spell, by up to 23 minutes.  She must determine the onset time when casting the spell, and cannot later change her mind.
   Similarly, she can delay fear effects affecting her.  If she fails her save against a fear effect, she can delay its onset up to 23 rounds.  She still gains the advantages granted by the absorb fear class feature, even when delaying the negative effects.  She can invoke this version of delay feat twice per day.

Horrific Aura (Su) The Sea Witch radiates an aura of terror.  Creatures with 6 or fewer HD must succeed on a DC 53 Will save or remain shaken as long as they are within 10 feet of her.  A creature who successfully saves is immune to her horrific aura for 24 hours.  Creatures of greater than 6 HD are unaffected.
   Twenty times per day, she can channel this aura into a potent touch attack.  Creatures struck by this horrific touch attack who fail their Will save are panicked for 1d4+1 rounds; creatures who succeed on their save are shaken for 1 round.  This touch attack, unlike the standard aura, functions against creatures of any HD and can even affect individuals normally immune to fear.

Reflective Fear (Su) Any fear effect against which the Sea Witch successfully saves is immediately targeted back against the source.  She still gains the benefits of absorb fear.  If the source of the fear effect fails its save, everyone else who might have been subject to the fear effect immediately gains a second saving throw to shake off the effects, as they observe the object of their fear itself grow terrified.

Aura of Evil The Sea Witch radiates an aura of evil as a 12th-level cleric.

Smite Heathen (Su) Nine times per day, the Sea Witch can smite all creatures with the ability to cast divine spells (including potential ability, such as a paladin or ranger who have yet to progress to a level that allows spellcasting), with the exception of those who worship the Queen of Air and Darkness.  Smiting a target requires a normal melee attack.  The Sea Witch adds her Charisma bonus to her attack roll and deals 25 extra points of damage.  If the Sea Witch accidentally smites a target that is inappropriate, the smite attack has no effect, but the ability is still used up for that day.

Auras (Ex) The Sea Witch exerts an effect on allies in her vicinity.  She may project one minor aura and one major aura at a time.
   Projecting an aura is a swift action.  The aura remains in effect until the Sea Witch uses a free action to dismiss is or activates another aura of the same kind (major or minor).
   Unless otherwise noted, the Sea Witch's aura affects all allies within 60 feet (including herself) who can hear her.  An ally must have an Intelligence score of 3 or higher and be able to understand the Sea Witch's language to gain the bonus.  Her aura is dismissed if she is dazed, unconscious, stunned, paralyzed, or otherwise unable to be heard or understood by her allies.
   Minor Auras A minor aura lets allies add the Sea Witch's Charisma bonus to certain rolls.
   Demand Fortitude Bonus on Fortitude saves
   Determined Caster Bonus on rolls to overcome spell resistance
   Motivate Charisma Bonus on Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks
   Motivate Dexterity Bonus on Dexterity checks and Dexterity-based skill checks
   Motivate Intelligence Bonus on Intelligence checks and Intelligence-based skill checks
   Motivate Wisdom Bonus on Wisdom checks and Wisdom-based skill checks
   Major Auras A major aura lets allies add +2 to certain rolls.
   Motivate Attack Bonus on melee attack rolls.
   Motivate Urgency Allies' base land speed is increased by 10 feet.
   Resilient Troops Bonus on all saves.

Divine Grace (Su) The Sea Witch gains a bonus equal to her Charisma modifier on all saving throws.

Hidden Faith (Su) The Sea Witch's worship of the Queen of Air and Darkness is supernaturally hidden.  She gains a +4 profane bonus to all Bluff, Disguise, and Forgery checks to maintain this deception, and any magical attempt to discern her actual faith fails unless the caster makes a DC 22 level check.

Aura of Fear (Su) The Sea Witch exudes an almost palpable aura of menace and evil.  Each enemy within 10 feet of her suffers a -4 morale penalty on saving throws against fear effects.  The Sea Witch herself is deadened to the emotion of fear, and is immune to all fear effects.  This ability functions while she is conscious, but not if she is unconscious or dead.  The Sea Witch can suppress or activate this aura as a free action.

Intercession (Su) The Sea Witch has the supernatural ability to cut divine spellcasters off from their source of power, 26 times per day.  To do so, she makes a turning check as a 22nd-level cleric (this number includes the +13 insight bonus from the Paragon Creature template).  The result indicates the highest-level divine spellcaster the Sea Witch can cut off from their connection to their deity.  The turning damage result indicates the maximum total Hit Dice of divine spellcasters within 60 feet the ability can affect.  The Sea Witch's intercession affects the closest divine spellcasters it can affect first.  Affected divine spellcasters cannot cast divine spells for 1 minute, except if the Sea Witch has twice as many hit dice as the creature has divine spellcaster levels; in this case, the divine spellcaster loses loses the ability to case divine spells for 24 hours.  If the Sea Witch attacks an affected divine spellcaster in any way, or the affected spellcaster receives an atonement spell, the divine spellcaster is freed from this effect.  The Sea Witch's allies and other creatures can attack the divine spellcaster without breaking the effect.

Grant Move Action (Ex) Once per day, as a standard action, the Sea Witch may grant an extra move action to any or all of her allies within 30 feet (but not to herself).  Each of the affected allies takes this extra move action immediately, acting in their current initiative order.  This extra action does nor affect the allies' initiative count; the round continues normally after the Sea Witch's turn is over.

Fiendish Familiar (Su) The Sea Witch has the Improved Familiar feat as a bonus feat, even though she normally couldn't qualify for this feat's prerequisites.  Her second familiar is an Imp, and has full benefits as normal for a familiar with a 12th-level master.

The Sea Witch's Court
A fey oasis on a desert island, the Sea Witch's Court is a wondrous place to behold, a meeting of lush green vegetation and brilliant white sand, of marble columns and cloth tents, of open air pavilions and pools of fresh, cool water that ripple and shimmer in the moonlight.  It is a place that appears with the setting of the sun and disappears with the morning's first light, and a place that spends half the time in shadow and the other half in the perpetual twilight of the Fey Realms.
   Where normal strongholds might utilize solid wooden benches and finely-carved oaken furniture, the Sea Witch's court follows a more informal aesthetic.  Plush carpets, soft cushions and pillows are the name of the game here, with the occasional table or shelf to lay items upon.  Lighting is provided by a series of everburning torches and magical campfires dotted around the area seemingly at random, with many dark little nooks and shadowy alcoves in which mischievous individuals might hide, and the walls consist largely of cloth partitions strung up between marble columns, with the occasional full tent erected to provide a space to fulfill some basic need.  The floors, such as they are, are mostly white sand, the natural terrain of the island, with the occasional patch of carved and polished marble appearing as one draws closer to the baths.
   The centerpiece of the Sea Witch's Court is a massive pavilion that doubles as Throne Room and Dining Hall, richly appointed with great divans, soft cushions, many pillows and torches and even a magical dining table that seats twelve and automatically casts purify food and drink upon any meal placed upon its surface.  A continuous unseen servant effect is built directly into the architecture here, and two invisible attendants are available at all times to see to the need of any guests.
   Adjoining this grand pavilion is a large tent put in place to serve as a kitchen, lined with several shelves of cutlery, dishes, silverware, cooking implements, and containing a magical field provisions box that can produce enough food and drink each day to feed fifteen people.  Another unseen servant runs this kitchen and, with the aid of the provisions box, is able to produce simple, yet tasty and filling meals consisting mainly of smoked meats, fruit, vegetables, seafood and rice.
   Fitting the twelve seats at the table of freshness in the dining area, there are twelve bedrooms set aside for guests, private tents grouped together at the quieter end of the Court.  Each one is as richly-appointed as the grand pavilion, with the beds specially-enchanted to provide the benefits of a magic bedroll to whoever sleeps in them, keeping the guests comfortable with an endure elements effect as they sleep.
   The rest of the Court is taken up with a variety of open-air spaces, Courtyards with varied decorations, lush greenery next to still reflecting pools, two central fountains that feed water into two equally-massive bathing areas, assorted tents dotted about in which guests might rest or gain some privacy, and so on...  Both of the Baths are kept clean by their own personal unseen servant, and the large clusters of tents grouped by each are intended for use as a changing area, though the Baths themselves are not partitioned by anything, and are instead completely open to view at all times.
   Finally, in one of the darker, more remote areas of the Sea Witch's Court, there is a tent made of black cloth which completely dampens the flickering light of the torches that burn away inside of it.  Filled with bizarre contraptions, marble pillars jutting up from the sand with velvet-lined handcuffs shackled to them, and row after row of exotic implements lined up along the sides of the tent, this area appears quite well-equipped to serve as a Torture Chamber, if need be...  Or as a Sex Dungeon.  That's also a possibility.

Basic Throne Room and Dining Hall
-   Continuous Unseen Servant attendants, x2
-   Table of Freshness
Basic Kitchen
-   Continuous Unseen Servant attendant
-   Field Provisions Box
Fancy Bedrooms, x6 (accomodates 12)
-   Magic Bedroll, x12
Fancy Courtyard x2 and Bath x4
-   Continuous Unseen Servant attendants, x2
Everburning Torches and Campfires x100 (lighting)
Outer Plane-Linked (The Fey Realms)

Sain

I understood that no more than half could be spent on a single item, not that half must be spent on special custom item :o

Snake

So sheets are now required eh? Alrighty. I'll get working on mine once I get my notes on it.

Zaer Darkwail

The Sea Witch by crunch is approved, now waiting on the juicy bit; fluff :).

Quote from: Sain on December 09, 2014, 06:12:18 AM
I understood that no more than half could be spent on a single item, not that half must be spent on special custom item :o

You can make custom item even if not being a crafter. 100,000gp can be spend single powerful canon item or make a custom item from 'lesser' items lumbed together. Overall though you can make only few (not every item must be custom) custom items and it can be the 'legendary' item of yours. As crafter I allow up to 25% advantage (meaning +50,000gp) over others. Meaning gp amount you cannot go past 250,000gp (and if got multiple crafting feats, like past 2 feats, then 50% advantage).

As note cohort cannot be crafting items for you but it can craft for itself only. So if want 300,000gp worth of goods you need pick the crafting feats yourself. So example if you take wizard levels and keep scribe scroll feat, you can get 50,000gp worth of scrolls if not have other item crafting feats (do note that scrolls would be minimum CL unless you craft them otherwise).

Quote from: Snake on December 09, 2014, 10:50:19 AM
So sheets are now required eh? Alrighty. I'll get working on mine once I get my notes on it.

Yeah, but do not feel rushed. You got time work on sheets :). I will open OOC thread in weekend and if enough folks got sheets I open IC but IC thread will start slower if folks still miss sheets. Things heat up at monday forward.

indarkestknight

So you mentioned this in PM but not in the thread... Is the price of the most expensive power of any custom item built with formulas still doubled?

Other miscellaneous questions: do monk's belts allow you to apply your Wis to AC if you're unarmored, or just the +1 that 5th level monks get?

Can the extra spell feat be used to learn spells from other classes' spell lists? (So could a wizard pick up, say, heal as a 6th level spell from the adept's spell list?)

Zaer Darkwail

The custom item formula is still same; most expensive item in the bundle price is doubled and then adding other items. The belt gives so far as I know ability to add wis bonus to AC along other stuff what 5th level monk gets. I allow extra spell known feat apply to learn spells from other caster lists (so preparation casters like cleric or wizard has some interest to pick up the feat besides spontaneous casters).

Lockepick

How much information do you want on the Cohorts? Would a combination of Race/Class(es) and whether or not they are Paragon be good enough?

Zaer Darkwail

With cohorts race/gender/class combo along with that are they gestalt (two path) or paragon creatures themselves is enough. Perhaps stats and feats but no need skills or spells known.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 09, 2014, 07:56:08 PM
The custom item formula is still same; most expensive item in the bundle price is doubled and then adding other items. The belt gives so far as I know ability to add wis bonus to AC along other stuff what 5th level monk gets. I allow extra spell known feat apply to learn spells from other caster lists (so preparation casters like cleric or wizard has some interest to pick up the feat besides spontaneous casters).

Actually, I went over the rules pretty carefully when designing my custom staff, and the multiplier listed in the Magic Item Compendium was x1.5. ^^; Additionally, that rule only applies when combining items that take up an item slot.  Slotless items (such as held items) already have their base price doubled for being slotless, so there's no extra charge to combine those types of items together.

Also, I think the official ruling for the Extra Spell feat was that divine casters can use it to pick up spells off of other divine spellcasting lists, and arcane casters can use it to pick up spells off of other arcane spellcasting lists.  Which makes certain classes and prestige classes rather popular for early access to spells, come to think of it...

indarkestknight

I think doubling the most expensive item then 1.5x-ing any additional abilities is a house rule.

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, thanks for the info Kunoichi. Anyways follow same formula what Kunoichi used (idea was to use official one anyways).

Also thanks for reminder on extra spell known; it applies only 'same type' of magic casters (so arcanists can learn from other arcane casters spells). Ofc arcane has less synergy compared to druid vs cleric lists but hexblade example has couple nice custom spells for it...oh! So does bard as well.

Kunoichi

Alright, backstory's pretty much done. ^^

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The exact origins of the terrifying, yet hauntingly-beautiful fey being known as the Sea Witch of the Grey Coast are lost to the depths of time.  There were multiple, conflicting accounts of her heritage floating around when she was at the height of her notoriety, ranging from simple, believable tales of a Seelie Court nymph tricked into bedding a polymorphed hag by a jealous rival to more outlandish myths of the Faerie King Oberon having a torrid affair with the Queen of Air and Darkness, mistress of the Unseelie Court, even to crazed rumors, such as tales of Titania, Queen of the Seelie Court, having an incestuous coupling with her dark twin Cegilune, patron goddess of hags.  The full truth will never be known, now, but the stories that once circulated all had a similar theme to them: A forbidden meeting of the foul and fair, conducted through secrecy and subterfuge, with the child resulting from the union smuggled away and raised far from prying eyes.

The ambiguity continues for the first few centuries of her life, where she is alternately said to have been accepted by one court or another, by both, by neither, to have wandered the Faerie Realms in search of her parents, to have traveled to the Material Plane and learned witchcraft at the feet of an ancient and legendary covey of hags, to have lived the life of an adventurer, and even to have fallen in love with a prince, then been forced by harsh circumstance to skip out on the wedding.  Some say she was a sweet and innocent girl who called out the Faerie Queens for the hypocritical behavior they encouraged in their subjects, while others claim that she was a wild and dangerous woman who had already committed murder by the time she came to the attention of the faerie courts, but either way, she offered some grave insult to at least one of the Queens, and was harshly punished as a result.

At this point, the Legend of the Sea Witch begins.  Exiled to a desert island, cursed to be unable to withstand the light of the sun, mystically tied to a fey oasis and rendered incapable of leaving, she turned to her talents at witchcraft to lure in ships passing by the island at night, then enchanted some of the sailors aboard so that they would be trapped on the oasis with her when it vanished at dawn.  Her reputation began to form when the next ship was lured in, and another batch of sailors arrived to take the place of the first group she had tricked into staying with her, and that reputation began to spread with each further vessel that fell victim to her, more men leaving to spread the tale, more men arriving to fall into the trap.  Her reputation truly took off when the first group of adventurers arrived to slay her, however, and while local shipping fell after she slaughtered them to the point that she was stuck entertaining smugglers and brigands each night, she was also able to play host to yet more parties of adventurers, slaying those that sought to slay her, tricking those that sought to trick her, repaying cordiality with cordiality and just generally being the best local monster she could be.

Time passed, and other monsters were attracted by her legend.  A covey of hags, an assortment of undead who were just as sensitive to the light of the sun as she was, a group of wandering fey merchants who helped to turn her little oasis home into a major island bazaar, and from there, she found herself entertaining a major procession of interested customers and monstrous merchants each time the sun set and her oasis reappeared, leaving an indelible mark on the local legends of her time.  She grew more powerful as time passed, as well, powerful enough that she could even break the curse laid upon her by the Faerie Queens, if she so chose, and finally become free...  Freeing herself would involve giving up ownership over the oasis, however, and she had come to love the little home she had carved for herself on that desert island.  Instead, she used her power to craft a magic item to make herself even stronger still, a gnarled wooden staff that would allow her to temporarily suspend her curse for a time, without breaking it.  Now able to spend time away from her island home, she began to work on her own to spread her reputation, terrorizing first the countries all along the nearest stretch of coast, and then gradually working her way further inland.

She began to range farther from home in the Faerie Realms, as well, even going so far as to dare to show her face in the twin courts again.  The Queen of Air and Darkness responded by rewarding her audacity with a boon, but Queen Titania was utterly livid, and her mood did not improve when the Sea Witch murdered her appointed heir to the throne right in front of her.  Things became even worse when it turned out that she no longer had the power to oppose the fey witch whom she had once banished from her court, and said witch left the court laughing.

Then, one day, the Sea Witch vanished without a trace.  She and her island home faded from the world with the rising sun, yet she herself did not reappear in the Faerie Realms.  Wise sages would eventually divine, more than a century after her disappearance, that it was the work of the Overgod, Ao, but the reasons behind this act were already lost to time.  Perhaps the Sea Witch managed to offend some god or group of gods, and they petitioned the supreme deity to take care of this problem for them.  Perhaps, in her travels, the Sea Witch managed to stumble across some grand secret that could have threatened the stability of the cosmos.  Or perhaps it might even be that, after sealing away every other monster of god-slaying power in existence, the Overgod simply felt an overwhelming urge to complete his collection.  The world may never know the truth, particularly since the Sea Witch likes to amuse herself by telling wildly-conflicting accounts of her personal history to people.

At any rate, thousands of years passed the captive Sea Witch by.  Civilizations rose and fell in her absence, and her legend, though not entirely gone, has been greatly diminished from what it once was.  Two versions of the story are all that remain, scant accountings that don't even come close to doing the true events justice.  The first is the one passed down and distilled through folklore, a simple fairy tale told to make children behave themselves, a story of a nasty old crone who lives by the sea, and who uses her magic stick each night to spirit away bad little boys and girls who don't do their chores.  The second version of events is the tale puzzled out by historians, examining remains of ancient records made on stone walls and tablets.  They believe her to have been some ancient queen, a monstrous vampire who ruled through fear and mystical might, and who was ultimately overthrown when her most powerful followers came together to cast an earth-shattering ritual that wiped her island stronghold off the map.

Needless to say, the Sea Witch of the Grey Coast has adopted her current moniker from the first of these stories.  She finds it far more amusing than the second.

Lockepick

Annette Fendela is complete! The sheet listed in my previous post has been updated. I didn't buy any mundane items because... well, not sure I need any. I figured if I need anything: I have left over GP and Greater Teleport at will, so that shouldn't be an issue...

Leadership information (including Cohort) is listed under 'Flaws' because I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Sain

Kunouichi, doesn't your sea witch have too low SR? Paragon template granted paragon creature's CR + 25, and we were said to have CR 30 if I remember correctly. Anyway, here goes my finished product.

Dynja-Character sheet
The riddling sphinx of outer spheres
Final form

Alignment
True Neutral

Languages
Sphinx, Common, Draconic, +16 bonus languages...

Classes
Path 1: Psion 12
Path 2: Monk2/Dragon Shaman10
Path 3: Gynosphinx (8HD +4 LA)

Size/type
Large magical beast

Hit dice
12d10+276 [hit die always max] (392)

Initiative
+11 (Roll twice, take better)

Speed
120 ft, fly 180 ft (poor)

AC
79 [15(dex) +19 (monk/int to AC) -1 (size) + 12 (paragon insight bonus) + 12 (racial natural armor/class features) + 12 (paragon luck bonus)], touch 68, flat footed 63.

Base attack/grapple
+12/+35

Attack
Claw +56 melee 1d6+39 /epic

Full attack
2 x Claw +56 melee 1d6+39 /epic

Space/Reach
10ft/5ft

Special attacks
Pounce (Ex), rake 1d6+2 (Ex), spell-like abilities, flurry of blows (Ex), acid breath weapon 5d6 30ft cone (DC 26) (Ex), psionics (Ps) (all special attacks performed with +13 insight bonus on attack rolls)

Spell like abilities
3/day—clairaudience/clairvoyance, detect magic, read magic, see invisibility; 1/day—comprehend languages, locate object, dispel magic, remove curse (DC 18), legend lore. Caster level 29th. Once per week a gynosphinx can create a symbol of death, a symbol of fear, a symbol of insanity, a symbol of pain, a symbol of persuasion, a symbol of sleep, and a symbol of stunning as the spells (caster level 33th), except that all save DCs are 22 and each symbol remains a maximum of one week once scribed. The save DCs are Charisma-based. Greater dispel magic, haste, and see invisibility3/day at 15th caster level. Touch of vitality (for 220 points total, see house ruled version!), +3 Draconic Aura (Su) [All auras except resistance], Beguiling influence

Special qualities
Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, Fire and cold resistance 10, Damage reduction 10/epic, Spell resistance 55, Fast healing 20, immunity to paralysis and sleep effects and immune to the frightful presence of dragons (Ex), Energy Immunity acid (Ex), Water breathing (Ex), Permanent effects (Ps): Conceal thoughts, Detect psionics, Detect teleportation, Know direction and location, Elfsight, Psionic tongues.

Saves
Fort +29, Ref +29, Will +37 (not counting iron will, since unsure if sphinx gets that now)

Abilities
(32 point pb: 14 to str, dex, con, 16 to int, 8 to wis and cha. [Item bonuses]
Str 40, Dex 32, Con 32, Int 42[48], Wis 32, Cha 32

Carrying capacity maximums:
Light/4256, Medium/8512, Heavy/12800, Overhead/12800, Lift off/25600, Push&drag/64000

Feats (and whatever else advance decisions needed be made in levels/classes)

HD (race/template in the end):
1st Feat: Kung Fu Genius
3nd Feat: Psicrystal containment
4th Ability score: +1 int +1 dex
5th Feat: Keen Intellect
7th Feat: Psionic Fist
8th Ability score: +1 int +1 str
9th Feat: Unavoidable strike
11th Feat: Expanded knowledge (Schism)
12th Ability score: +1 int +1 str
Paragon bonus feat: Leadership (LS23)

Mythical: Psion (shaper):
1st bonus feat: Psicrystal affinity (Artiste)
5th bonus feat: Psionic meditation
10th bonus feat: Expanded knowledge (metamorphosis)

Physical: Monk/Dragon Shaman:
1st level monk bonus feat: Improved grapple
2nd level monk bonusfeat: Combat reflexes
1st level DS: totem dragon (Green)
2nd level DS: Skill focus (Bluff)
5th Aura exchanged with least draconic invocation: Beguiling influence
8th level DS: Skill focus (Hide)

Skills and tricks (only skills with ranks in them here)
+36 Concentration, Swift concentration, +44 Listen, +44 Spot, +44 Sense motive, +42 Bluff, +35 Use psionic device, +36 Disguise, +47 Craft; Trapmaking, +47 Craft; Structural, +44 Knowledge; Arcana, +44 Knowledge; Architecture and engineering, +38 Knowledge; Nature, +38 Knowledge; Religion, +44 Knowledge; Psionics, +44 Knowledge; Planes, +38 Knowledge; History, Collector of stories, +48 Psicraft, +36 Move silently, +35 Hide, +26 Tumble, +30 Swim, +30 Climb, +26 Perform, +26 Balance, Twisted charge, +34 Diplomacy

Psicrystal:
1st Feat: Wild talent
3rd Feat: Mindsight
4th Ability score: +1 Wis +1 Int
5th Feat: Extend power
7th Feat: Empower power
8th Ability score:  +1 Wis +1 Int
9th Feat: Overchannel
11th Feat: Mental Juggernaut
12th Ability score: +1 Wis +1 Int

Total number of powers (216 pp) [Powers from feats in parenthesis]
1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th

10/8/8/8/8/6

1st: Conceal Thoughts, Control Flames, Astral Construct, Detect Psionics, Force Screen, Inertial Armor, Precognition; Defensive, Precognition; Offensive, Synchronicity, Vigor

2nd: Control Sound, Feat Leech, Levitate, Psionic, Missive; Mass, Psionic Lock, Psychoportive Shelter, Share Pain, Sustenance

3rd: Dispel Psionics, Energy Wall, Glyph of Warding; Psionic, Solicit Psicrystal, Telekinetic Force, Telekinetic Thrust, Time Hop, Touchsight

4th: Correspond, Dimension Door; Psionic, Divination; Psionic, Freedom of Movement; Psionic, Intellect Fortress, Psychic Reformation, Trace Teleport, Wall of Ectoplasm, [Scihism], [Metamorphosis]

5th: Anticipatory Strike, Change Fate, Major Creation; Psionic, Plane Shift; Psionic, Concealing Amorpha; Greater (3rd level power), Quintessence (4th level power), Share pain; forced (3rd level), Crystal Body

6th: Crystallize, Contingency; Psionic, Fabricate; Greater Psionic, Inconstant Location, Psychometry, Temporal Acceleration

Items: 200,000 gp total

-75,000 gp Hathran Mask of True Seeing (Legendary item, glasses of a genius human)
-6,000 gp Ring of Anticipation the way), and now it's my favorite one too.
-36,000 gp headband of intellect +6
-8,000 gp Talisman of Undying Fortitude
-64,000 gp Amulet of mighty fist +4
-9,000 gp cash for Sunday shopping

Cohort-Instraubo
Instraubo is a living construct picked up by Dynja many millenias ago during her quest through the planes to find a good starting spot for the mazes. The golem-like creature began following her and grew up to be a dedicated servant and a skillful craftsman both. He specializes in opening and stabilizing permanent portals, but can also repair all but the maze's most complex mechanisms and is a talented divine caster. He has led Dynja's followers (the still living ones are also intelligent constructs or otherwise immortal creatures) and instructed them how to best keep the dimensional mazes up to date and fixed. Instraubo wishes for nothing more than to start building under his master's guidance once again.

Lawful neutral, worshipper of Torag

Warforged Cleric 12+Paragon
1st feat: Extend spell
3rd feat: Create wondrous items
5th feat: Create Portals
7th feat: Persist spell
9th feat: Planar touchstone Baator (Spell Compendium, Planar Domain)
11th feat: Craft Contigent Spell

Dimensional maze

The plane spanning maze/dungeon collection consists of extra dimensional rooms cut off from other planes. Entrances and exits are often via one way portals that are spread around in various places. There are also instructions for rituals that allow entrance hidden within various planar lores. Most often the entrances themselves are small tests and puzzles to see that those who enter are worthy of the challenge and not just average witless peasants on their way to an accidental suicide. The room in these mazes is filled with monumental buildings of colossal size and a lot of conventional and psionic/magical engineering to make simple moving constructs such as interactive stone puzzles, automatically rearranging architecture and just hide the traps really well. The architecture and materials used in the mazes varies and changes gradually over the maze as Dynja continuously kept developing her style. However, the interior and exterior designs both often favor a lot of stone and somewhat ancient flavor.

The deadly part of these mazes are the large puzzles that test the intelligence, varying from small riddle like puzzles to humongous mini plane spanning rooms filled with blocks that move in certain complex algorithms (Int score over certain threshold = automatic pass, otherwise one has to take a detour in logic with some tests or face the traps). In common they have the fact that the dungeons are always doable for someone with a peasants physique if they get lucky, unless the dungeon is malfunctioning (assuming the peasant high enough intelligence). However, the traps have very high DC and lethality for those who fail to bypass them with just wits. Most are very physical punishments that come in several steps that allow for the dungeoneers to still redeem their mistakes by completing the challenge as it grows increasingly more difficult along with the lethal dangers. The traps are never one shot kills for truly smart.

List of some common favorite trap styles, though most often the puzzles have traps that are combination of more than one lethal ingredient.

-Robbing air from the plane.
-Slowly rising water, acid, lava or some other liquid level or compartments getting cut off with them.
-Alternating gravity (or the illusion of it with moving structures)
-Pitfall, either traditional or endless fall into space between planes (void).
-Crushed to death by large moving parts of the dungeon.
-Starved to death by getting stuck.
-(Some of Dynja’s earliest experiments that she later mostly cut off from rest of the dimensional maze also include “unfair” outright magical and psionic traps that mundane creatures could not possibly clear. She later moved on to fully physical puzzles though.) These now function as shortcuts for the maintenance crew.
-Treasure: rarely any. Dynja preferred to think of her mazes as educational. She carved much of her vast knowledge on stone stales in mini libraries all over the dungeon walls, but never really left any gold or treasure behind. Though many of her artwork and engineering could probably be counted as valuables for modern mortals.

There isn't really any resting space or personal rooms of Dynja or her followers inside the maze. The last time she was around she just used to spend the time she was not building in random planes.

Kunoichi

That  thought occurred to me when I woke up this morning, actually. ^^; The version I've got on my computer has the correct amount, so when I put it up in the eventual character sheet thread, it'll be fixed.