[D&D 3.5 high-level evil campaign] Project Blackguard

Started by Autocad, December 01, 2012, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocad

Does anyone have crafting skills that are NOT based on having craftbunny minions?

Kunoichi

Glyph is the one who brought it up, so it's possible that he might, but aside from that I don't think any of the rest of us do.  I know I don't, at least. ^^;

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Autocad on December 08, 2012, 09:58:11 PM
Does anyone have crafting skills that are NOT based on having craftbunny minions?

I don't believe so. I'm not really complaining, we will be able to make plenty of use of our "craftbunnies" later.

You do have me very curious as to how the game will open that we wouldn't have our cohorts with us. Must have an interesting beginning planned.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Kunoichi

So, an equipment question.

Given that a Monk's Belt costs 13,000 gp, what kind of price would I be looking at if I wanted, say, a custom cloak that grants me the benefit of a Paladin's or Blackguard's Charisma to saves ability?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 08, 2012, 09:46:08 PM
I know I read in one of the books that the way to deal with PC's buying items they can make is to charge them 75% of it. It's to balance that there shouldn't be an xp difference between PC's when starting a game so you don't want to have them pay the xp cost. Moot point though since we don't even get that.

The first thing I plan to make is a Pain Extractor anyways, so crafting XP will not be an issue.

Oh, and if I end up with any Craft ranks, it'll be in [Sculpting] so I can make good-looking Astral Constructs. I'm certainly not wasting any feats on crafting when I can get a dedicated minion to do the job for me. Being the craftbunny sucks, which is why I want to shove the role onto a NPC who has no feelings anyways.

Kimera

All right, Tsochar approved  :D

Now to work out what classes to give it...and what its host is. I could go for the example and have them both be clerics, although there could be more interesting combo's

A tsochar in an impure prince might also be insane

Kunoichi

Well, you could try being an Ur-Priest...  It would even fit from a flavor perspective, I think. ^^

Kimera

Is dragon magazine content allowed?

Also wondering if Tsochar is actually that good. If we don't start with cohorts, it will either be without a host, or probably just a basic commoner. It can't do anything while being inside someone either.

Wouldn't Ur-priest hurt for divination, since the best things you get from oracle domain?

Autocad

Dragon magazine content is allowed, but you will have to find a way to reproduce it here.

Although you don't start with cohorts, that will probably be one of your first order of businesses shortly into the campaign - to get some cohorts that fit in the setting.

And to Kunoichi's question about custom items that don't exist in splatbooks: no.

Kimera

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 07, 2012, 12:40:26 PM
I imagine a fallen Ghaele Eladrin would be fun, but I'm not entirely sure if the GM would be comfortable with having one of the PCs run around with at least 14 levels of Cleric casting at ECL 12. >>;

Sort of missed this comment, but yeah probably not  ;D

Autocad

Only if her name is Elyszara and she is a lesbian slut!

ExisD

Alrighty, here's what I have so far. I still need yo figure out cohort, but her followers are all crafts types. Pure physical building/designing/trap making, at least that's what I thought would make sense.

I know I could've optimized magic items more, but just grabbed what felt in character.

Sheet
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

While around fellow evil people

While around anyone else and pretending to still be good.

PaleEnchantress

Kimera

Toying around with concept arts for ideas for a character.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Kimera

Ok forget the above artwork, i'm settling with the Glabrezu (stick with your original thoughts Kimera)

Now I've got to plan out its feats though. It is a 12HD creature so no classes yet, so I better plan carefully what class/prestige class I want it to get in to.

I'm not familiar with flaws? How do those work again.

TheGlyphstone

Easy. Pick up to 2 flaws. For each flaw you choose, you receive a bonus feat slot that must have been available to you at 1st level (since you're taking them during chargen).

Kimera

Ah ok.

Are they worth taking or are their downsides kinda bad

Kunoichi

Don't glabrezu not have a listed LA?  I'm also not sure the GM would want us gaining access to Wish, even if its only once a month and we'd have to jump through some hoops to make use of it.

I guess you're not that keen on the Tsochar anymore? ^^;

Quote from: Autocad on December 09, 2012, 08:38:43 AM
Only if her name is Elyszara and she is a lesbian slut!

Deal. :P

Kimera

Well I came to realise their are a couple issues with tsochar. We start without cohorts so no host yet and when its inside a body, it can't do anything, so the tsochar as a character is kinda limited.

I think another demon also fits better with the others then the aberration.

Dunno about LA, it should be above 12 to cancel the glabrezu, but its Autocads call.

As for the wish, isn't that part of the fun, trying to plot and make the boy make a terrible wish? (again  Autocads call)

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kimera on December 09, 2012, 12:49:34 PM
Well I came to realise their are a couple issues with tsochar. We start without cohorts so no host yet and when its inside a body, it can't do anything, so the tsochar as a character is kinda limited.

Dunno about LA, it should be above 12 to cancel the glabrezu, but its Autocads call.

As for the wish, isn't that part of the fun, trying to plot and make the boy make a terrible wish? (again  Autocads call)

If you like the Tsochar i don't see why not automatically starting inside a host is such a deal breaker. The leaders aren't starting with cohorts, the vampire and widow queen aren't starting with spawn, the fiends of possession aren't starting with hosts. It's all going to arrive fairly easily though.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Kimera on December 09, 2012, 12:49:34 PM

Ah, I see.  In that case, might I recommend the Fiend of Possession prestige class?  It seems like it would be right up your alley, all the 'wearing people like suits' of a Tsochar, but without all the restrictions.  Plus, if you want to be a demon, you could be a succubus and qualify for the prestige class pretty much automatically.

While that certainly is a nice, plot-relevant way to use Wish, the main issue I've got with it is that we could use Charm Monster on a commoner, have her wish for a Ring of Three Wishes, then take the ring and start wishing up more rings until we had a small mountain of them available for our own personal use.  Though, admittedly, I suppose the easiest workaround to that problem is to just ban the ability to wish for more wishes...

Kimera

Uhu

For wish cheeze, the tsochar could infest an efreet and net 3 wishes a day (or one could try and play an efreet, since those are 11 hd, assuming the no LA gets approved by GM)  ;)

What do you guys think is the most interesting Tsochar or Glabrezu?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Kimera on December 09, 2012, 01:28:13 PM
Uhu

For wish cheeze, the tsochar could infest an efreet and net 3 wishes a day (or one could try and play an efreet, since those are 11 hd, assuming the no LA gets approved by GM)  ;)

What do you guys think is the most interesting Tsochar or Glabrezu?

I don't think that would work, because the Efreeti's Wish is a SLA, and the Replace ability of Wear Flesh only gives the Tsochar anything it could use via Polymorph. And leaving the Efreeti alive would just mean it could Wish to get rid of its parasite.

I'd go for Galbrezu over Tsochar, just because it involves fewer wonky rules questions, but a Tsochar would be more useful in an infiltration/manipulation role.

Kimera

Uhu

It's either a huge demon or a small tentacle monster that wears people

TheGlyphstone

It's worth pointing out that you don't HAVE to be a giant freaky monster. A perfectly normal human/elf/whatever would work fine, and considering the rest of us are playing giant freaky monsters, I'd bet Autocad would drown you in free goodies to bring you up to par with the rest of us.