The 2012 Breakfast Club (2 roles Open)

Started by BlackestKnight, September 03, 2012, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

The O.G. Breakfast Club

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m., they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be the Breakfast Club.

-The Jock
-The Princess
-The Rebel
-The Nerd
-The Dark Chick

This Breakfast Club

Though, much has changed since the decade in which the original breakfast club had its beginnings. Much has also remained unchanged since the 80s. Students for the most part still divide themselves by their interests and are judged according to which groups or cliques they belong. Someone who eschews social cohesion for academic pursuits would be considered a nerd, a girl who sleeps with multiple men and women likewise is a slut. A boy with a strong belief in scripture and prayer is a jesus freak. A girl who comes for a prestigous family is a snob, someone who's hobbies include the growing and selling of certain pharmaceutics is a drug dealer. Someones who's interests include video games and watching anime is an otaku. A student athlete who is picked  to play in the professional leagues is a superstar. Someone who experiments with peoples notions of gender is a queer.

This brings us to the breakfast club of today. Situated in Northern California, in the town of Berkeley resides John F. Kennedy jr. High. The site of a new Breakfast club. With a graduating class of 4000. Two indoors gyms, a state of the art library, a cafeteria rivaling most airports,
a world-class swimming pool which olympians themselves have trained in, a planetarium, 3D rooms which run virtual simulation, a performing arts theatre and centre, a media and radio station,  not to mention its very own jumbotron.  It's more pimped out than most other high schools.

There is no school that quite encapsulates the spirit of America. There's black, there's white. There's poor, there's rich. There's gay , there's straight, John F. Kennedy Jr. High is a school brings together all sorts from all backgrounds , a sort of great experiment.

These individuals are brought together to share what they thought would be a typical friday evening detention , but what happens when the 8 are unknowingly locked inside the school after it closes for the weekend? Will they see past their differences and form friendships? or will their differences be their undoing? Add some alcohol , drugs, hormones and a lack of adult supervision in the mix and they may just have themselves a party, they might just end up screwing eachother before it's all over.  To pass the time they drink and play truth or dare...

Roles Needed

In Development...

• Star Athlete-taken
  • Snob-taken
  • Drug Dealer-taken
  • Slut-taken
  • Jesus Freak-Open
  • The Trap-taken
  • Otaku/Gamer-taken
  • The Nerd-Open

I'm thinking about keeping this roleplay as even as possible with ratios, 50/50 split between male and female characters is preferred. Not all pairings have to be heterosexual M/F, other orientations are encouraged(I thought it would be interesting if the Trap ended up hooking up with the Jesus Freak) though some roles will be intended to be roleplayed by males and vice versa. 

Note, you don't have to use the pictures presented. These are more like templates. Note: This roleplay will most likely be a short-term  small group type thing. 

IC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=152836.0

OOC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=153006.msg6974224#msg6974224

DRoux

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

MzHyde

BlackestKnight

DRoux

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

BlackestKnight

DRoux

AribethAmkiir

BlackestKnight

The "Drug Dealer"

more

Drew when he was WR on the football team.

Name: Drew " Doctor" Jordan or D.J. for short.
Year: Senior
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 178lbs
Hometown: Straight outta Compton

Courses
1. Ap Chem
2. Botany
3. Automotive Design
4. Modern Medicine
5. Gym
6. Calculus
7. Justice & Law
8. Spanish

Personality:
First and foremost Drew is a hustler and and is willing to do things most wouldn't consider to ensure that he and his family eat. Despite the negative connotations attached with the hustle lifestyle , he maintains a very father-like presence at home taking on the roles of both caretaker and provider following the absence of his parents, his mother confined to a hospitable bed after contracting breast cancer , his father killed by police in the riots. He doesn't seem to have much respect for authority, as he is the product of a failed system. Though he cares enough to understand the laws so that he can use them to his benefit. 

It's unknown to the extent to which Drew's personality has been shaped by his upbringing though he seems to possess an unnatural resilience to adversity. Prior to his decision to enter the drug game, he was studying to be a medicinal doctor. He has a near encyclopedia like knowledge of plants and their uses. He is unsure whether or not he should stay hustling, making quick but high-risk  buck in the short term, or invest in his educational future which is safer albeit less lucrative incuring more debt and overall less rewarding.

Like most hustler's Drew is shrewd, driven, opportunistic possessing a salesman gift for gab.

Drew is a very successful drug dealer. Although he's only been active since his sophomore year, he's managed to amass more than $175,000 in proceeds. He bought his first car a 2011 Camaro, relocated his siblings to a condo in uptown Berkeley and regularly pays for his mothers hospitable bills.

Despite his  more serious ambitious side, Drew underneath is a pretty fun-loving mellow guy who enjoys partying and hanging out with friends like most other teenagers. Though external circumstances has made him mature a bit sooner than most others.

Quote from: Hustler's Creed A Hustler is someone who is or has been hungry. Personally I was hungry in the literal sense. I have gone without food for days. I have gone without a home. I have been broken down to nothing but pocket change found on the street. Now, not everyone has to be literally hungry for food. You could be hungry for money, hungry for fame, hungry for respect, hungry for knowledge or hungry for self improvement. Whatever it is that you were or are hungry for, it has to be a hunger that burns in your gut like acid. It has to make you spit fire. It has to be the single voice that rattles around in your brain when you are all alone.

Being hungry like I was makes you understand what real hunger is. You can think of nothing else. Every step you take is in the direction of the only thing that will satisfy that hunger. You will go through, around, under or over anything that gets in your way. When you haven’t eaten in days, no is not an option. When trying to understand the depth of this hunger – think about the crackhead girls who will do anything for a fix. That is the type of fixation that will keep you motivated.

A Hustler needs that hunger. Being a Hustler without hunger is like sitting in a car without gas. It might be comfortable and you might look good doing it – but you aren’t going anywhere.

History: To be Added.
Character in Progress

DRoux

The "Slut"

Name: Melissa Adams
Year: Senior
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 124 lbs.
Hometown: Malibu, California

Courses
1. Environmental Science
2. Technical Theatre
3. AP Statistics
4. French
5. Creative Writing
6. AP English
7. Woodshop
8. Gym

Personality: A happy-go-lucky, completely unrepressed girl; in a simple way of speaking, Melissa simply enjoys being happy. She refers to herself as an "ethical hedonist," someone who wants pleasure not only for herself, but for others as well, and, generally, this leads to sex. Melissa has a somewhat goofy sense of humor, punctuated by a dose of snarkiness whenever someone tries to tell her that what she does is wrong. In general, one can judge how annoyed she is by how her jokes change from good-natured to aggressively sarcastic.

History: Melissa's life has been pretty good. Her parents are... interesting to say the least. Her mother is an all-grown-up hippie, who makes her living as an artist, and her father runs the same surf shop his father ran when he was a kid. They've been pretty hands-off in terms of parenting, and Melissa has enjoyed quite a bit of freedom since her childhood. This freedom has gotten her into trouble a few times, but she's managed to find a way out of it every time. All things considered, it's probably thanks to her parents that she developed her personality the way she did.

MzHyde

The "Gamer/Otaku"

Name: Abigail Cross
Year: Junior
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hometown: Berkeley, California

Courses
1. Computer Science
2. Studio Art
3. History
4. Spanish
5. Creative Writing
6. AP English
7. Ceramics
8. Gym

Personality: Mellow, down-to-earth, and thoughtful. She alternates between quiet thoughtfulness and sarcastic humor depending on her mood and surroundings. Generally the former when surrounded by strangers and the latter while amongst friends or gaming online. Because of this she tends to keep to herself in school, though she can't resist making the occasional wise remark. She gets excited when people talk about games or anime and utterly hates being bored.

History: Abby's history is unique in it's utter blandness. Nothing too spectacular happened to her during her childhood, barring the occasional scrape or fall. Her parents are still together, her father an engineer and her mother an artist, they all live a pretty happy and comfortable life. Her parents often worry that she spends too much time gaming and watching anime, but their daughter's not yet at the level of obsession where she's becoming a shut-in, so they often leave her to herself. Abby occasionally ventures outside in the most hated sunlight, but that's usually to head to the mall or the arcade with her friends. During summers she spends time working at the local comic shop.

lore

Interested in the nerd, but I would want to make a ladeh. Is that problematic with current ratios?

BlackestKnight

Quote from: lore on September 04, 2012, 08:54:50 PM
Interested in the nerd, but I would want to make a ladeh. Is that problematic with current ratios?

At first I thought it mattered, but now that's it's turn into a harem. I don't mind AT all. If dudes don't want to get in on this then it's their lost.  Go ahead girl.

AribethAmkiir

I'll have my character sheet up Thursday evening.

Photo

I'd like to play the jock. I know everything about football, the quarterback would be his mantle of fame. I trust i can do the part justice, character sheet tomorrow morning, for sure.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

AribethAmkiir

The "Snob"

Name: Laurel Price
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 125 lbs
Hometown: San Fransisco, California

Courses
1. AP Chemistry
2. Trigonometry
3. Girl's Choir
4. Modern Medicine
5. Gym
6. AP English
7. Classical Orchestra
8. Student Council

Personality: Laurel doesn't exactly think she's better than others.  There's just the "haves" and the "have nots", and there's very little reason to associate with those on the other side.  Sure, there are exceptions, like when a poor kid becomes a star athlete, or when the drug dealer drives as nice a car as you do, or when you need to score a dime bag for the next party from said drug dealer.  Of course, most people are just there to be used like tools to get where ever or whatever you want.  It's the way of high school.  Some tools need to be treated extremely well, polished and pampered, while others can simply be thrown aside when you're finished with them.  It isn't like you can't find another one that can do the same thing.  Course, you have to be weary of being used by someone yourself.   That's why you don't tell people more than you want them to know, because eventually everyone will hurt you or let you down.  It's much better to be the one doing the hurting and pulling the strings.

Laurel is nice and kind to people who are in the same social hemisphere, or if she wants something from someone.  She is extremely dismissive to those who aren't popular, stick out, or don't abide by the social norms.  She's often the one leading the name calling of "freak", "loser", and even crueler taunts.  In general, more excepting of guys than other girls.  She doesn't hesitate to be ruthless to other females especially if she feels threatened by them in some way and she doesn't believe she can get anything she wants from them.

History: Born to a dot com exec and a plastic surgeon, Laurel grew up getting everything she ever wanted.  Of course, her parents separated when she was five and neither one of them have been a large influence in her life, typically spending more time buying her something than actually being with her.  Both parents have remarried, her father currently is on his fifth marriage, while her mother is on her third.  She wasn't very old when she realized the women who earned her father's attention were beautiful and shallow.  It seemed like that's what her father wanted.  Her mother, of course, had been cast aside first, even though she was smart and independent.  Caught between the two extremes, Laurel was basically left to flounder and adopted expectations from both parents, despite living mostly with her mom.

High school hasn't been all fun and games.  In a place where people naturally filter themselves into cliques, she's made sure she's at the top.  Weekend parties at one of her parent's houses are the norm, with only the upper echelon of the school being invited.  For the last two years, she's set her sight on the hottest guy in school and snagged him for herself.  It takes a lot of effort to stay on top, of course, if people don't like you it works just as well to make them fear you.

Photo

The "Star Athlete"

more

Name: #15 - Dalton Cody Harrison Jacobs "D.C Jacobs" (two middle names)
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 198lbs
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Courses
1. Introduction to American Literature
2. Math - Calculus
3. History
4. Weight training
5. Gym
6. (teacher's assistant) Nutrition & Helath
7. free period
8. Student council

Personality and History:
D.C. was born on August 12th in the city, but he was raised in smaller towns along the Schuylkill River, just north of Philadelphia. In his home state, he played pee-wee football, youth football, and even one year of high-school ball for his local team. At home, he had always gone by his last name, and his close friends were allowed to call him Dalton. But, he was very adamant about his dislike for this name. It was his grandfathers name, and D.C. had always been angry at his parents. His father, Carl Jacobs, acquired a promotion from his company in Pennsylvania, the catch was that he would have to move to California. The whole family was pleased. The idea took some getting used to, but eventually, the Jacobs' became excited to become a west coast family.

What's wild about D.C. is that almost his entire personality is false. In Pennsylvania, he was a 'buster', he was 'dode', his confidence was low due to his foolish name, and his lanky build. He played third string quarterback on the freshmen squad, and his best sport was Tennis. His father had always been a coach when he was younger. And, being the child of the head coach is much more traumatizing than it sounds. The whole team hated him, they insisted that he received special favours. His father couldn't let him play quarterback, because the rest of the team MIGHT have viewed it as favouritism. So, He played on the defense, on the second string, and he didn't have a warriors spirit, so he couldn't tackle, and everyone quickly wrote him off as a poor player. But he had the mind of a tactical genius.

His father wasn't a bad man, but he was detached from his life and his family. The most active thing he did as a model parent was coach the football team. And, as was described, that didn't work out very well. When D.C. played freshmen ball in Pennsylvania, he forced himself to try out at Quarterback, despite the hazing he would likely receive the 100 odd kids that he had grown up with. Five kids tried out at the position, and D.C was too nervous, anxiety ridden, and pressured to outperform his competitors. He sat on the bench for the whole season, and he hardly got any reps in practice. He was practically a towel boy.

So, when California became an option, DC, being of a tactical mind, seized the opportunity to live a different life, be some one else, even go by a different name. It was going to be beautiful. He started to work out, having a few months of preparation time before the actual relocation. He worked on his throwing form, he studied football obsessively. His mother became worried about him. His father barely noticed. D.C. gained almost fifteen pounds of muscle in those three months, and by the time he left Pennsylvania on a seven hour flight over the entire nation, he was a changed man. His body had grown into itself better. He felt stronger. He had left his old self behind.

The Jacobs' moved to the west coast in March of D.C.'s freshmen year, the football season was over, and he was still young enough to be anyone he wanted to be. He's charismatic, so he had no trouble making friends, especially when he lied about himself. He told everyone his name was D.C., not Dalton. He told all of the new Jocks at his school that he was the best quarterback at his higschool back home, that he was red-shirted (developmental strategy for football players) for his whole freshmen year, because they didn't want him to get hurt. The false life gave him power. People respected him. He was strong, well built, suddenly attractive in his own Anglo-Saxon-cave-man-east-coast way.

This time, when D.C. tried out for the football team, he was an aged Sophomore, already sixteen, and insanely confident. He had worked out more over the summer, and his future teamates had no problem running practice reps with D.C. Jacobs on the beach. His confidence became leadership. His leadership went to his head. His big head got him into his female classmate's beds. His promiscuity earned him more respect among his peers. It was a cycle of egotistical madness that gave him a god complex.

With this conceited self worth, D.C. out-shined his competition, and his head coach was impressed enough to put a sophomore on the varsity team. And when the reps started in practice, The team made him their starter. Finally, when the school started getting 400 passing yards a game, he became the god that he was starting to think he might have been. His father praised him more than ever before. It was heaven, and he had designed it all those months ago in his home-town.

Last year, D.C. Jacobs led the team to a 10-4 records, two victories in the play-offs, 29 passing touchdowns, the number three rated passing offensive in the state, and a athletics grant from the board of education worth over 30,000 dollars. Surely it wasn't ALL youn Mr. Jacobs' doing. But he likes to think that he had something to do with it. Needless to say, he's also starting this year, and in the two games that have already been played, he's already got 600 yards through the air, and 127 on the ground. He's gained more weight (more muscle), and he's feeling as immortal as ever.

Dalton's placement on the student council is similar to Arnold Schwarzenegger's place in the governor's office. He's popular, so he thinks he belongs there. He really, really doesn't. See, Dalton isn't an idiot, he's the quarterback. He's smarter than most athletes at the school. But he's not allowed to be brilliant, by social standards. He makes himself out to be more clueless than he is. For example, he makes jokes about serious subjects inside of the council, during a vote, and then he expects everyone to laugh. He might get away with it, nope! He's going to get away with it. He's  D.C. fucking Jacobs.

(noted that some of his facts may change, as the football season is varied upon the rest of the game, especially the date.)
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

MzHyde

kobrakid92

The Trap

Name: Dakota Fawcette
Height: 5'9''
Weight: 145 lbs.
Hometown: San Diego, California

Courses
1. Algebra II
2. Computer Apps
3. English II
4. Spanish
5. Creative Writing
6. Civics
7. Advanced Art
8. Gym

Personality: Quiet and reserved, Dakota mostly keeps to himself. He's not the most sociable person but doesn't mind a good conversation every now and then.  He enjoys anime and listening to a wide variety of music. He's definitely not what one would consider normal and is an open minded person. He likes to watch others and enjoys the art of deception.

History: Born in San Diego to a father that was an Architect and a mother who worked as a photographer for a magazine company. At an early age it was quite clear that Dakota wasn't what people would consider normal. While his interests were similar to that of normal boys he taste in attire was different. His mother managed to convince his father that it was just a phase and to let it be. It was a phase that didn't pass however. Around Dakota's freshman year in high school his father had had enough of it. They would argue day in and day out, the arguments sometimes becoming violent. After freshman year Dakota moved to Berkeley to live with his aunt. Since then he's had no contact with his parents.

AribethAmkiir

Cold Heritage

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on September 08, 2012, 12:10:05 AM
Incoming stupid question: what's a trap?

A male that looks feminine enough to trick other males into thinking they are a female. It's a 'trap' because the guy thinks he is going to have sex with a girl, but then there's an unexpected penis.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

AribethAmkiir

interesting.  Well she's a very pretty boy...   think my character might be a bit jealous

kobrakid92

Lol. Thanks. That pic was actually sent to me by BlackestKnight. I couldn't find any better ones so I just went with that one. I'm looking forward to the character interactions.

BlackestKnight

If I don't receive word from either individuals roleplaying as the "Nerd"and Jesus Freak by tomorrow , these positions will be left open for whoever wants them. I will not entertain games when it comes to getting this roleplay active. This roleplay has been up long enough for people  to know what's going on, there's really no excuse to keep people waiting.