Coffee drinkers: Have your preferences changed over time?

Started by Kitsunetsuki, September 13, 2010, 10:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunetsuki

I've never been a regular coffee drinker, but halfway through my pregnancy with my son I started to crave it. So, I had a little decaf now and then. Thankfully, my son was very easy on me, pregnancy-wise. It was my daughter that nearly killed me :P hehe...
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Cecilia

I got very nauseous around the smell of coffee when I was pregnant with my first.  Couldn't be NEAR it for months. Just walking into a coffee house made me feel close to puking.  It was a very particular type of nausea though, and I only had it when I was pregnant.  And, eight years later, I was entering the bulk coffee aisle at the grocery store when I experienced it again.  I thought--"Oh my god...I'm pregnant."  I left my cart in the aisle, ran to the pregnancy test kits and took it to the bathroom in the store before paying for it.  (I had been through 6 years of infertility treatment hell...this was impossible.)  Except, it wasn't.  I was pregnant...by 16 days or so!  Diagnosis by smell.  /sidetrack

I am now back to fully loving coffee--several shots a day, though not 17.   

Frozen Flame

For a good part of my life I found myself unable to drink coffee. Something about the acid-y kickback always just made me gag inside. Then around age 17 when I was cram- I mean, studying ::) for final exams, I would take the old coffee my parents didn't drink that day and put it in a tall glass with a BUNCH of ice and milk and some sugar to stay awake. It wasn't so bad when it was cold.

But after that, I went back to hating the stuff, until I discovered cold-brewed coffee halfway through college. It was like an epiphany! I was a regular customer at the local cafe until the place stopped serving it...

After College, cold brew does nothing for me, it seems bland to my changed palate. I tend to go now for the really deep, musky, acid-y zing of the strong roast, something that would have made me sick just 10 years ago. I'm not a big fan of Starschmuck's, but I do like their Pike Place Roast :D not incredibly strong, but it has a certain something I can't quite place...

LongN4

Ever since I had my first tongue blistering sip I've liked my coffee like I like my women, hot and strong with a little bit of sugah
"Robin Hood has thou been stealing my valuables and giving them to the poor?"
"Yes"
"and you've stolen my girlfirend to?"
"Yes"
"and now your giving her to the poor?"
"YES!"
"Your giving her to the poor?"
"Yes, that is what I said!"