Airship Crash on Claw Island (Pathfinder game)

Started by Sethala, March 21, 2013, 12:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethala

The Empire of Gerranth is not known for its mercy.  The kingdom is a ruthless, vile, corrupt place, ruled by ruthless, vile, corrupt people.  For one reason or another, you have all managed to be arrested of some crime or another in the city, and the only possible sentence is life in prison on a remote island.  The Empire doesn't care if you're truly guilty of the crime or not, only that its twisted form of justice is served.  And thus, you all find yourselves being brought to the prison island via airship, awaiting your mock trial and sentencing.

Yet, something fortunate has happened, at least more fortunate than spending the rest of your lives rotting in a cell.  On the way to the island, tThe airship bringing the prisoners to the island ran afoul of a hurricane, veering sharply off course and crashing just off the coast of an uncharted island.  While you have managed to survive the crash, all of your equipment had been confiscated, held elsewhere in the ship as "evidence" to be used against you, and now lies scattered across the island.

Yep, it's time for me to run another Pathfinder game.  Doing things a bit differently this time.

Races/Classes: All official Paizo sources allowed, third party stuff isn't.  I'm open to unofficial clarification or errata on things, or if you've got a cool idea I can bend the rules; let me know before you make your character though.

Level: Characters start at level 5.

Stats: Roll 3d4+6 four times, then take an 8 and an 18 and assign them as you wish.  For HP, first level is max, later levels are rolled, reroll any 1's or 2's.

Equipment: As standard for 5th-level characters, 10,500 gold.  List the items that you want to have, but do not have your character equipping anything at the start.  All of your items are lost in the crash, and you'll have to go searching for them before you can use them.

Crafting rules: Making magic items is easier due to the magic on the island.  All magic items are made at about five times the normal speed (so 8 hours of work per 5000gp base price, instead of per 1000gp).  Additionally, for each rank of Spellcraft you have, pick one item creation feat and gain that feat for free.  While making items is faster, you'll still need to search the island for materials.

Caster classes: All spellcasting characters begin the game wearing heavy restraints, to limit their spellcasting ability, as it's rather inconvenient to have a sorceress throw a fireball at the airship's wall.  Purely physical characters have much less restraints, as the cell built into the airship is strong enough to withstand whatever they can do to it (although apparently, not strong enough to withstand gravity).

A note on sexuality: Admittedly, I'm not sure just how much of this game will be serious plot and how much will be random sex.  However, I will note that I'm not comfortable being dominant to male characters; if you want to be a submissive female or dominant male, that's fine, but I'd prefer to not be dominant towards male characters

NicciKotor

Tiffania Westwood - Level 5 Elf Priestess

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12001

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Being a very busty priestess of the Goddess Veyrum has its perks and disadvantages. Accidentally getting caught in the middle of a crime and healing the wrong people at the wrong time, being labeled a co-conspirator for some duke's assassination or something. All she was doing was trying to help the injured, but instead gets thrown into jail and sent to some unknown land of misery. Forced to spend days shackled and fettered in the airship, kept away from the male prisoners for her own safety and virginity.

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Angie

I'm posting this from my phone, so I can't really make any kind of character sheets or rolls, but i'd like to bring in a rogue/abyssal sorceress, found "guilty" of consorting with demons. I have a sheet for her ready to go, and I can easily remake her to fitthe guidelines that have been establishes, I just can't post it from my phone because, well, it just don't work that way.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Cryptonoms

Oooo totally want to make a barbarian or other heavy hitter class for this, a sexy amazon would just be nommy for this kinda party.

Blinkin

I'm interested in this, but haven't settled on a character class or type as of yet. I see that a rogue is already chosen, even as a multi...

Off of the top of my head, a female half-elf swashbucker (rogue) who fell afoul of someone important because she was getting too close to someone important's son and the thought of a half-blood, much less someone like a swashbuckler, would be unacceptible for his heir. So, he arranged for a mugging that included another noble (or merchant) child who was out on a lark and he got killed while she defended herself. So... off to prison she went even thought it was clearly self-defense and it wasn't even her weapon to begin with.

I'll hold off on character creation until the idea is either approved or rejected. Thanks!
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Marie Reynolds

So I would love to jump in on this and is wondering  if  Half-Giants would be acceptable as playable race.

NicciKotor

I'm holding out for the rest of the survivors to molest and rape and mistreat my poor elf flesh for their own amusement and boredom. Leaving on the fetters so I can only walk 15 feet without falling face first into the sand, making it rather hard to run away. Not allowing me to wear clothes and forced to use my spellcasting to make the lives of everyone else easier and more relaxing.

Sethala

Quote from: Blinkin on March 21, 2013, 09:52:52 AM
I'm interested in this, but haven't settled on a character class or type as of yet. I see that a rogue is already chosen, even as a multi...

Off of the top of my head, a female half-elf swashbucker (rogue) who fell afoul of someone important because she was getting too close to someone important's son and the thought of a half-blood, much less someone like a swashbuckler, would be unacceptible for his heir. So, he arranged for a mugging that included another noble (or merchant) child who was out on a lark and he got killed while she defended herself. So... off to prison she went even thought it was clearly self-defense and it wasn't even her weapon to begin with.

I'll hold off on character creation until the idea is either approved or rejected. Thanks!

The idea's approved (and to be honest, I'm not quite sure why you thought it wouldn't...), but I do want to mention that, depending on how many people sign up, I may have to limit how many actually get in, and I can't promise a slot to anyone aside from people I specifically invited to the game.

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on March 21, 2013, 10:06:15 AM
So I would love to jump in on this and is wondering  if  Half-Giants would be acceptable as playable race.

Sure, they're an official race.  Although I don't understand why they're listed as psionic... doesn't really seem to make much sense, honestly >.>

Marie Reynolds

Sweet, Well Cavalier(Musketer)/Monk(Martial Artist) comming to a forum near you. Also do you have any alignment restrictions?

ShadowFox89

That's because they show up in Psionics Unleashed first, rather than a Paizo supplement. Paizo has unofficially said that they'll never publish a psionic work because they wouldn't be able to do it justice, so are leaving it to Dreamscarred Press instead.

So while all psionic stuff is technically third party, it's all Paizo approved.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Videospirit

This looks fun, but if you're already got enough interest I'll bow out. I don't have much experience with pathfinder yet anyway.

Blinkin

I've learned to put out the concept for approval after a couple of rejections based on something ro another in the class details... so it's just better to ask.

I understand the restriction on numbers and if there's too many over what you can handle, then there's too many.

I'll go ahead and generate a character and post it either later today, or tomorrow. The stats that I've rolled, and modifiers are below:

STR: 16 (+3)
Dex: 18 (+4)
CON: 15 (+2)
INT: 17 (+3)
WIS: 10 (+0) (8+ Racial Bonus)
CHA: 14 (+2) (+1 level 4 bonus)

The only feat that I'm sure of at the moment is Weapon Finise

Anyway,there's the ability scores.

Oh.. need to ask, do you have a problem with the alternative racial trait "Drow Magic?" I figure that the blood is some ways back, so it might not appear beyond some vague hints if someone looks close enough for it.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Angie

If space is still open, I rolled 3 13s and 1 14 (not my best, but we can't all have winners-I can't always have a repeat of Beric's ungodly stat rolls)

So, here's the stats for her:

STR: 8 (-1)
DEX: 20 (18 +2 Human bonus) (+5)
CON: 13 (+1)
INT: 13 (+1)
WIS: 13 (+1)
CHA: 15 (14 +1 4th level) (+2)

As for character concept, here's some backstory

Growing up in Gerranth wasn't easy. Raileen's parents disappeared, leaving her to take to the streets at a young age. Not only that, but she had a half-sister named Rayne who was also forced onto the streets. And as if it couldn't get any worse, they both carried Abyssal blood in their veins, the result of a succubus having seduced their great-grandfather many years ago.

In short, Raileen's life sucked. But there's always a silver lining, and that silver lining was a kind-hearted stranger belonging to the Thieves' Guild. Raileen tried to snatch his purse while Rayne distracted him, only for Raileen to have grabbed a fake pouch. Even though Raileen had messed up the grab, the stranger was impressed, and offered the pair food and shelter as long as they obeyed the orders of the guild. Desperate for anything better then the streets, the pair agreed.

The two quickly made a name among the thieves, a group that appreciated the Abyssal magic that both sisters could use, instead of being fearful of it. They took on dozens of jobs, and each were successful. Noblemen lost their prized treasures, jailors were perplexed when convicted thieves escaped without a sound, and even the king himself lost a few hundred platinum thanks to the sisters. However, Raileen ended up making one mistake that could eventually cost her her life-after a particularly excellent score on a noble house, she tried to leap from one roof to another, only to fall and land right in front of a pissed off guard.

She's been sent on this airship, considered too dangerous to be kept in a cell. Even before the hurricane, she was already plotting how to get out of her cuffs and start stabbing guards in the back-she didn't kill anyone before on her jobs, but at this point, anything that gets her back to her sister is fair game. Rayne's still at home with the Thieves' Guild, and Raileen won't rest until she's reunited.

Here's a link to the sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=407194

Top Cat

I have to admit that I'm unfamiliar with Pathfinder (although I have played AD&D 3.5, and I'm told that they're similar), but your scenario is intriguing enough that I'd like to request permission to join.

I'd be offering a Ranger/Rogue type character who has been squatting in an Imperial reserve, hunting illegally and living off the land... and killing any Imperial troops that come in looking for him. He was finally caught while sleeping, given a summary judgement without trial, and thrown onto the prison ship.

If I'm approved to play, I'd like some help, probably via Skype, with someone who can help me create the character's stats and explain how the system works in a little more depth.

Thanks!
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Sethala

@Blinkin: Fair enough.  And yeah, I'll allow the drow magic feature (although note what I say below about starting in bondage).

@Angie: Looks good.

Anyway, for starting out, I'm going to let everyone decide how their own characters are tied up, shackled, or otherwise made helpless.  The idea is that even after the crash, everyone should be able to act without assistance, but still be relatively helpless when it comes to combat.  For a purely physical character like a rogue or barbarian, just being without equipment and forced to use improvised weapons should be enough.  Monks and other characters with abilities that don't require equipment will be bound, but relatively lightly.  Spellcasters will be very secure however, likely unable to move much, with magic manacles that block supernatural and spell-like abilities.

Of course, you're free to have even more restraints than that (and note that while everything will require a key, you will be able to find them... eventually), but the bare minimum is that your character won't be very effective to start.

Angie

I'm pretty sure Raileen has some kind of gag and a pair of handcuffs to prevent verbal or somatic components from being used (Since I don't need materials-yay Sorcerer!). I'm also tied up heavily, because otherwise I just walk right out.

Blinkin

Sounds fair enough. The inate abilities of the drow aren't what they use to be in 2nd Ed AD&D, but they are fun to play with. Even "Darkness" isn't "Darkness" anymore, but just a lessening of the light level. It's only really of use in a dimly lit area. But, Fairyfire can be useful for light and dancing lights are always fun.

As for confinement, without some thieves tools, just being confined in a cell may be enough. She's not going to be doing massive amounts of damage even with her weapon unless someone wants to help her flank things. It's more for the fun of playing a wise cracking and flamboyant character than anything.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

who149

If there's any room I'd like to play a female human Fighter. An enforcer for a crime lord. A merciless killer who got a slight sadistic joy from doing her job. She usually got bailed out when the law caught up to her, her boss paying off the guards. But one day she killed the wrong guy, and then her boss just left her to the mercy of the law.

My rolls

STR: 18 (+4)
Dex: 16 (+3) (Level 4 bonus)
Con: 16 (+3) (Racial Bonus)
Int: 8 (-1)
Wis: 14 (+2)
Cha: 14 (+2)

Edit: Question. If she worked with a crime boss, does that make her Lawful Evil? Or Chaotic Evil?
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

Aw... I still need someone to molest and rape and abuse my busty elf priestess! Since it cannot be a beach party without someone bringing out the bimbo!

Top Cat

Write her up as an imperial loyalist who pissed off the wrong corrupt politico/noble, and I'm sure there are quite a few characters who would take joy in using/abusing her. ;)
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

who149

My character is a sadist who enjoys taking whatever she wants, I'm sure she'll be glad to use and abuse her~  ;)

Ons and offs!

Top Cat

QuoteEdit: Question. If she worked with a crime boss, does that make her Lawful Evil? Or Chaotic Evil?
That depends. Not all Lawfuls are necessary strict adherents to the law, particularly if the legal system is corrupt. Does she follow a code of conduct imposed on her by someone else (her boss)? She could still be Lawful if she did. What you've said, though, doesn't sound very Lawful.
O/O / Story Seeds

who149

Ons and offs!

ShadowFox89

And I plan on making a Dread.... So also a sadist, but likes abusing people's fears.
Call me Shadow
My A/A