My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverfyre

So, because someone is male means that they can't enjoy a show like MLP?  I don't get that mentality.  At all.

Shjade

I'm not confused about males liking it.

I'm confused about the amount of attention it gets from anyone of any gender who's over the age of 12.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Silverfyre

I dig it because it is witty at times and the artwork is a rather interesting style.  That and the wife enjoys it so we watch it together.  /shrug

Shjade

Quote from: Silverfyre on June 16, 2012, 01:18:55 AM
That and the wife enjoys it so we watch it together.

I'm pretty sure pony-involved romance is illegal in most States, Silver. >.>
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

I approve of it because it's not hyperactive drivel.  And it doesn't talk down to its intended audience.  I want more cartoon with this sort of maturity.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

My friend said it looked like a bad Newgrounds animation... not particularly smitten with the show, but I totally had to defend the animation there xD though they seem to have problems drawing ponies from the front... they look more like pigs from a front angle.

Silverfyre

Quote from: Shjade on June 16, 2012, 01:28:16 AM
I'm pretty sure pony-involved romance is illegal in most States, Silver. >.>

Don't question our ponymance!

Star Safyre

G1 Ponies were technically my first fandom though it was long before I had ever heard the words "fanfiction" or "semi-colon" (I've the typewriter-typed pages of horrific language abuse to prove it).  I didn't watch it for a long time because I've seen what "reboots" do to source material and it's often worse than the fanfic I wrote as a seven year-old.  While there's certainly some lacking spots in the way of questionable racial and gender portrayals, it generally has rounded characters, quick wit, and engaging animation that anyone can enjoy.

And don't question our ponymance!
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Wolfy

Quote from: Lizz on June 15, 2012, 10:58:08 PM
The male following of MLP is one of the many things I dont get about the internet...

*points to the male following of shows like Sailor Moon and Powerpuff Girls*

Oh ye of little faith.

Sabby

Lyra Plushie. It's last years model.

Numerion

let's...not talk about that part, kay?
Current status: looking for play -> A/A

Kunoichi

Eh, it doesn't look particularly well-made, anyway. :P

LaOnomatopoeia

Agreed.

Not that I'm into those sort of things, but the Lyra plushie was much better crafted.

Wolfy

Sabby

Koyume

Nononononononononononononononononononononononononono.

Also, is that a Reiuji Utsuho figurine in the background?

Chris Brady

Sabby, why are you trolling this thread?

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

I'm not. This is the only Pony relevant material I come across.

Chris Brady

You can try harder than that, my friend.

Sabby

Really, I'm not lying ^^' Rule34 is the only Pony related stuff I come across. One of the benefits of having friends who have convinced themselves I'm a Brony.

Kunoichi

Well, there's always Equestria Daily, for all sorts of non-34 pony goodness. ^^;

ulthakptah

Another Friendship is Witchcraft came out. New Gypsy Song, and I think it's pretty great. I also recommend watching all of the other videos if you haven't.

Friendship is Witchcraft - The Gypsy Bard (Episode 7: Cherry Bomb)

Sephiriel

Honestly, I can't help but sing a long each time Pinkie Pie has one out (official or fan made)...the "Evil Enchantress" song is still in my head ever since that episode came out. Do you guys know anymore sites like Equestria Daily?

Sabby

Wait... were they using Pinky to annoy Applejack into coming back to town? o.O

Ponyville scares me. It just feels like this cult where if you don't smile, the apple harvest will go bad.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Sabby on July 01, 2012, 08:54:34 AM
Wait... were they using Pinky to annoy Applejack into coming back to town? o.O

Ponyville scares me. It just feels like this cult where if you don't smile, the apple harvest will go bad.
Actually the apple harvest has more to do with shouting at jars, and dressing like a bunny. If you don't smile and get along, evil ice spirits make it winter forever.