Harry Potter and the Rise of the Dark Lord (Looking for Harry and Draco)

Started by Rogue, April 03, 2014, 09:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

Quote from: CrystalFeathers on April 07, 2014, 08:24:34 PM
I'll probably make one evil OC and one good OC. Where is the character creation thread?
Only one character per person right now, and we'd prefer evil at the moment ^_^

Character sheet code is at the top of this thread
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

persephone325

Quote from: Ember Star on April 07, 2014, 08:39:07 PM
Only one character per person right now, and we'd prefer evil at the moment ^_^

Character sheet code is at the top of this thread

To add to this, Rouge also linked the thread for characters already as well. It's in the first post, as is all the other important info. :-)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Rogue

Quote from: surrealobsession on April 07, 2014, 07:53:49 PM
So I submit the character info here, then? *sigh* I am so hopeless at this group stuff. Here goes...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Character Name: Roberta Lilian Cart (Bobby to her friends).

Played By: Laura Harring

Nationality: American

Blood Status: Muggleborn

Former House:N/A

Description:  Approximately 5'8, average weight, a bit on the busty side. Dark hair, olive skin, brown eyes, attractive. Mixed race Hispanic and Caucasian.

Personality:  Bobby has gone through many phases in her life, but a few qualities have always remained the same: she is tenacious, stubborn, brave and outgoing.

Background: Originally born in Montana, USA, Bobby and her twin brother Steven were always the black sheep of their otherwise traditional family. Their father was a military man, since retired due to severe injury in Vietnam that took his eye. Their mother an outspoken Latina nurse. Both have since taken over a set of horse stables housing the mounts of the wealthy who head to the mountains once a year to ride them. Their oldest brother, almost fifteen years their senior, is the single Sheriff of the small town where they grew up.

Wanting something different and being inseparable, the two had great difficulty when it came to light that Bobby was a witch and would be attending school at Northwestern Magical Academy in B.C., Canada. Nevertheless, she graduated a year before he did from his Muggle High School. In the meantime, she worked in town and saved every dime she could, while Steven worked after school doing the same.

At the age of seventeen the two ran off to Seattle. Bobby began going to school to be a journalist, Steven dropped out from a Communications program to join a rock band. Both had success in their own ways, and finally separated a few years later to achieve their own dreams.

Bobby's life in Britain began thanks to a long standing wild streak that led to a quickly failed marriage with an Englishman she originally met in NYC. She decided to stay, and slowly began to settle down into an adult life.

She has lived in Britain for seven years, mostly in the Muggle world. She has recently become a reporter at The Daily Prophet after years of working for various publications around the UK. It is the first time she has taken a position within the Wizarding World.

Reason for Joining the Rebellion/Death Eaters: As said above, she is stubborn and tenacious. She also has a very strong sense of right and wrong. Eugenics is a repulsive ideology of which she would give anything to defend against. Even in a country not her own, recognizing the beliefs of the Dark Lord as those wishing to wipe herself and her family out of existence.

Wand: 7 1/2 inches, yew, unicorn hair.

Pet: A very overweight, very scarred and very mangy cat by the name of Biggles. She found him outside her apartment one day, and he might be the ugliest cat in existence. She thinks he is the sweetest kitten alive. This might have to do with the fact that the cat is missing his eye, just like her father.

You were my last Good OC for right now. :) I said that specifically for you actually. And I meant for you to post that in the Accepted Character thread linked in the first post. Sorry I was having issues being clear because I was at work. >.<

surrealobsession

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on April 07, 2014, 09:32:20 PM
You were my last Good OC for right now. :) I said that specifically for you actually. And I meant for you to post that in the Accepted Character thread linked in the first post. Sorry I was having issues being clear because I was at work. >.<

It was totally the wrong backstory version, anyway. I meant to add in the changes we discussed. Done correctly, now. lol.
HEALING HAS BEEN SLOW, STILL RECOVERING, SORRY! I AM HOPING TO BE BACK SOON...I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN YOU GUYS!<3<3

Horror, Science Fiction, Originals and Fandoms...UNDER CONSTRUCTION WITH UPDATE

Rogue

Quote from: surrealobsession on April 07, 2014, 09:37:51 PM
It was totally the wrong backstory version, anyway. I meant to add in the changes we discussed. Done correctly, now. lol.

No problem sweetie. You and Kaia are both relatively new to group games after all and we're a relatively patient group.

Also: NOTE TO EVERYONE! While I'm at work and unable to respond quickly if Ember or Persephone say something (ESPECIALLY if they're practically quoting me) listen to them! They are my co-GMs for a reason! Helping when I am unable to keep an eye on things is one of them. :)

Google

I have been told we are in needs of villains and I suspect there is a member here who knows what a fun villain I can provide.
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Rogue

Quote from: Google on April 08, 2014, 11:07:47 AM
I have been told we are in needs of villains and I suspect there is a member here who knows what a fun villain I can provide.

Ah hello Google. Please feel free to have fun with creating a villain.

Google

Unwilling need a day or two to look things over but I have ideas
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Rogue

And he comes recommended? Sounds like we're gonna have fun. :)

Rogue

Google

In am thinking Tom riddle right now but I need to think it over

Nymphadora

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on April 08, 2014, 12:52:07 PM
And he comes recommended? Sounds like we're gonna have fun. :)

Yup. Big thumbs up! Literate, creative and dark.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Rogue

Quote from: Nymphadora on April 08, 2014, 12:58:05 PM
Yup. Big thumbs up! Literate, creative and dark.

My favorite kind of villain. *automatically thinks of Tom Hiddleston like a silly fan girl*

Quote from: Google on April 08, 2014, 12:57:30 PM
In am thinking Tom riddle right now but I need to think it over

I will be starting both side simultaneously this time as there's a larger pool of baddies so a Tom would be lovely.

persephone325

Sounds like Miya will be in "good" company. lol

This should probably be a question for PMs, but I figured anyone playing an evil character might want to know. Rouge, is Miya starting out with the bad guys? (Short version for those interested: Miya's family handed her over to the Dark Lord because they considered her a blood traitor, and wanted to gain favor with him.)
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Rogue

Quote from: persephone325 on April 08, 2014, 10:43:03 PM
Sounds like Miya will be in "good" company. lol

This should probably be a question for PMs, but I figured anyone playing an evil character might want to know. Rouge, is Miya starting out with the bad guys? (Short version for those interested: Miya's family handed her over to the Dark Lord because they considered her a blood traitor, and wanted to gain favor with him.)

Yes she will. I've already shared it with Rian and will share it with anyone else who's evil, but I'm actually starting with the Yakuza making the "Peace offering" on the dark side.

persephone325

I don't know.

Ember Star

*stares at Emma's shaking and drools*

... huh? Wha... *awkwardly wipes drool away* What are we talking about?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Rogue

Quote from: Ember Star on April 08, 2014, 11:12:07 PM
*stares at Emma's shaking and drools*

... huh? Wha... *awkwardly wipes drool away* What are we talking about?

I swear I'm going to have half of this site mesmerized by my avi and it's only been up a few hours! *laughs*

Nymphadora

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on April 08, 2014, 11:14:29 PM
I swear I'm going to have half of this site mesmerized by my avi and it's only been up a few hours! *laughs*

It is a pretty amazing avi...   @.@
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Ember Star

I just have major crushies on Emma, so I'm mesmerized by her no matter what the content.

Also, yeah. Summer Glau too by the way. But Emma more.

Rogue

Quote from: Ember Star on April 08, 2014, 11:26:54 PM
I just have major crushies on Emma, so I'm mesmerized by her no matter what the content.

Also, yeah. Summer Glau too by the way. But Emma more.

*giggles* Yesh

Ember Star

When she cut her hair, I did too. Lol. Of course , it wasnt the first time I had cut my hair about that short. But I nonetheless decided I wanted short hair again when I saw how cute she was with it. Creepy, right? Lol. But of course another big crush of mine (Anne Hathaway) cut her hair too. So I must have been in the right! :P

Rogue

Google

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on April 08, 2014, 01:01:28 PM
My favorite kind of villain. *automatically thinks of Tom Hiddleston like a silly fan girl*

I will be starting both side simultaneously this time as there's a larger pool of baddies so a Tom would be lovely.
Sorry it will be a day or two before I can get to any work, I had an intensely long day and tomorrow I have to do lunch with a 4 star because somehow (in spite of my best efforts) my leadership considers me a future leader...