Asking what is probably a stupid question...

Started by AgentX, October 21, 2008, 02:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentX

I'm quite new here, but love the atmosphere... I was wondering though. is there a decent population here which uses the board to meet people, but actually engages in their RP/games via chat or IM? this is my preferred medium due to impatience, but forums still seem the best way to meet potential partners.... i just haven't noticed many people interested this in my time here and was wondering if i'd missed it somehow.

Caeli

There are some who are more interested in chat-based roleplaying, but it's something you would put in bold, large letters at the beginning of a roleplay request, or in the title of your roleplay request, in the one-on-one game searches, or under the Chat Help & Games. You can also put it in your Ons and Offs, which I see you've already made. :)

True, there are more forum-based games than not, but there are those who like chats and IMs as their roleplay medium of choice, too. :)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Lithos

Of course, one cannot tell how many IM games there are as opposed to forum ones. I play one forum game and several IM games myself, so that way works as well.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Xillen

Forum games are surely the norm around E, and indeed, when someone talks about a game, most likely they're talking about a forum game.

People also do play over IRC, but more often than not, those are spontaneous flicks instead of wellplanned stories. The latter ones do occur, though. I have some chat 1:1's running, but I might try getting a group chat game going on again. It kind of failed before :(