Recruiting closed Original character Superhero game, co-gm's TheVillain & ESG

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, April 30, 2015, 07:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Ixy on May 02, 2015, 11:35:39 PM
Throwing my hat in the proverbial ring--

Ally Rodriguez, aka Fetter
Ally was a scholar and athlete, raised on-base in Ft. Bragg, Pine Gap, Stuttgart-- an all-American army brat with a healthy rebellious streak. She was raised to meet high expectations, but she sometimes had trouble toeing the line.  She had two brothers, many base friends, a few semi-serious boyfriends, a Boston Terrier-- but most things were normal, and she cached her daddy issues in favor of the distractions of teenage life.

Her life fell apart, however, when her father, a decorated Ranger, was recruited for a physiological enhancement program.  Aimed at producing soldiers capable of contending with the super-powered villains who had begun to emerge as a threat to national security, the program's effects were immediately successful, producing stronger, faster, quicker-thinking troops who were capable of enduring increasing dangers and surviving.  After a few months of intensive training, her father returned to normal base life-- but things didn't stay normal.

As time went on, aberrations in each recruit's powers seemed to appear, as well as changes in their behavior-- inhuman strength coupled with paranoid rage, x-ray vision coincided with personality changes, heat resistance manifested along with perversions and abnormal appetite.  Things got out of hand; a subject on-base with Ally's father went AWOL and was found a week later in a pool of blood and pile of mangled body parts, laughing as she broke her playmates' bones one by one with her bare hands.  A colonel's girlfriend drowned in the middle of White Sands desert, miles from the nearest water source.   A lieutenant's neighbors were found burned to death in their pristine home with no sign of a fire-- all project candidates were recalled for in-house supervision and psych testing.

Ally's father behaved strangely too... seemingly obsessed with nonsensical phrasing and theoretical math, all culminating with her family's kidnapping by her father when he was supposed to be taken under observation.  They were given forced transfusions of her father's blood and a concoction of serums her father-- who had no prior knowledge of organic chemistry-- had developed.

All the members of her family were affected physically and mentally by the ordeal, and neither the Army nor the Federal Government are admitting her father's fate or location.  The family was given a sizable pension fund and relocated to Florida to recover

Over the next few months, Aly began to develop her own abilities beyond her natural talent-- she became tougher, stronger, faster-- it was as though she were being rebuilt in some way.  She developed the ability to levitate and even move around without touching the ground. 

***tbc

Welcome Ixy,  the character writeup looks good so far.   

Quote from: RubySlippers on May 03, 2015, 01:04:02 AM
Eve Frankenstein

The Doctor created the first of us the Creature known as Frankenstein,
a brain taken from an abnormal mortal and he was shunned.
My father the late Doctor Goldman gave me life using the Journal
the mind of his daughter and bodies of the dead to fight evil.
He was killed by the SS early in the war but not before I was given
this life that flows through me the power of eels charging my
life force.
I joined my brother Creature I called Adam and we struck back
with a fury against those who committed atrocities against
God and man.
He fell in battle saving me against many foes armed with the
super weapons of science at the time.
Now I stand alone against Darkness again and for mortal humans
even though shunned by them,
I am a Frankenstein Creature, I am Eve.

Not sure of her exact build she'll likely be really tough and more quick than the bigger male creature being a harmless female one. LOL. Powers likely resistances, immortality and regeneration the immortal life force of the Frankenstein Process and Advantages largely her fighting tactics, a few key skills and gear including a signature cool as hell weapon her Two-Section Staff (big nunchaku).

Eve looks good so far.    I think should take a look at the archtype construct  use that build as a reference starting point.   Then can tweak it to fit the concept of a Frankenstein creation.   

RubySlippers

No I picture her as a living being, Frankenstein's Creature was a genius in a grotesque body he could in the novel understand Greek and Latin and was very literate and well in the book and movies damned hard to kill permanently likely the only way to do that would be to drain off the Lightning Force properly and then break up the parts not easy without the Journal used to form her.

I'm bouncing just around how she fights I can go weapons skill in a main weapon and unarmed combat, brute force upgrading her form and raw abilities with some Advantages and skills or tough form and an actual power the superhero comic book version likely hurling lightning all have charm.

Crash

Background:

Daniel Black was a rising star in the field of quantum mechanics.  His graduate work had won international recognition as breakthrough work in the field of extra dimensional theory.  He was snatched up immediately after earning his PhD by Deep Water Industries, a leader in cutting edge science and technology.  It was here that Daniel met his fiancée Milly Nocturne.  They were part of an R&D group tasked with finding an unlimited source of extra-dimensional energy.  It took a year but the team was sure they had found a break through.  Using new theories in dark energy and anti-matter Daniel formulated a way to breach the shadow dimension where dark matter and energy originated and leaked into our reality.  Extra funding and personal were dedicated to the project and a prototype breach, extraction and containment facility was in place in surprising little time. 

The owner/president and the entire board of directors was onsite for the initial breach, but something went horribly wrong with the containment field.  The ensuing explosion destroyed the small facility located on an isolated island out of the Keys.  The owner/president of Deep Water Industries, Lucas Shrike survived, but many of the board of directors and much of the research staff did not.  The extent of the accident was covered up by Deep Water Industries and Daniel as the only (known) surviving member of the research team was blamed for the accident.

Daniel and Milly were closest to the containment field at the time working desperately to keep the field for exploding.  While Daniel miraculously survived Milly did not.  She was completely vaporized by the explosion (or so he thought).  Days after the explosion Daniel began experiencing strange dreams and waking visions as the shadow energy he had been exposed to changed him.  Daniel was now a creature of multiple dimensions.  He has since used those abilities in an attempt find out what actually went wrong with the experiment.  These attempts caught the attention of Overwatch and he was recruited with the assurance that he would be able to continue his investigation into the accident.

Deep Water Industries/Order of Shadows
Daniel wasn’t the only person changed from the exposure to the Shadow Dimension.  Lucas Shrike and the surviving board of directors were too.  Lucas’s exposer gave him insight into the nature of Shadow energy and he has used this to create a new form of shadow technology.  He sells some of this technology to the government, but keeps the best for his own organization, the Order of Shadows. Lucas’s company got its start-up funding from organized crime.  Being beholden to the mob as always rankled Lucas.  A bit of a megalomaniac before his transformation Lucas’s mastery of shadow energy has broadened his delusions of grandeur.  Now dubbing himself Master of Shadows Lucas has used his shadow technology as a new weapon in the war to become the only criminal organization in Peninsula City.

Lucas Shrike/Master of Shadows

Milly Nocturne/Midnight
Milly wasn’t vaporized in the accident. She was shifted from our dimension to the Shadow Dimension.  Completely isolated and faced with beings completely alien to her Milly’s mind eventually broke from the alien influences she encountered there.  Her insanity brought new insight into the realm and the hive mind that found her wandering in their world.  Milly was connected to the hive, but her human mind though shattered infected the creatures.  They no longer followed there queen and only followed Milly’s commands.  The human part of her was still desperate to find a way home and the hive known as The Hex set about doing just that.  The pain, loneliness and isolation of her time has twisted her mind into a hatred of both Deep Water Industries and Daniel Black who she has convinced herself betrayed her and left her to die.  It is only a matter of time until Milly and her Hex find a way into our reality again to seek out their revenge.

Milly Nocturne/Midnight

The Hex

Character Sheet

Alias: Slipshade
Name: Daniel Black
Build Points:150
Concept: Experimental Accident

Birthday: 2/25/89
height: 6’0”
Weight: 220lbs
Hair: Dark with long bluish bangs
Eyes: Brown 

History: See below. 
Motivation: Responsibility, Thrill
Complications: Enemies: Former Co-Worker and Fiancée (Milly Nocturne – Midnight) and Owner of Deep Water Industries (Lucas Shrike – Master of Shadows)

Total Points: 150

Advantages: 5   
Attributes: 36   
Powers: 78   
Saves: 18   
Skills: 13   

Attributes:
Strength: 2   
Stamina: 2
Agility: 4
Dexterity: 2
Fighting: 4
Intellect: 4
Awareness: 0
Presence: 0

Defenses:                 
Dodge: 15      
Parry:15      
Fortitude: 7      
Toughness: 7/4* Without Defensive Roll
Will: 9      

Skills: 
Athletics:
2   +1   +0   =+3
Close Combat: Unarmed
6   +4   +0   =+10
Deception
0   +0   +0   =+0
Expertise: Quantum Mechanics
4   +4   +0   =+8
Insight
0   +0   +0   =+0
Intimidation
0   +0   +0   =+0
Investigation
4   +4   +0   =+8
Perception               
4   +0   +0   =+4
Persuasion               
0   +0   +0   =+0
Ranged Combat:            
0   +2   +0   =+2
Stealth               
0   +4   +0   =+4
Technology            
4   +4   +0   =+8
Vehicles: Car            
2   +2   +0   =+4

Advantages: Defensive Roll 3, Instant Up, Move-by Action

Powers: 

Dark Vision
   Senses 2 (Vision Counters Concealment –darkness) • 2 points
   Scry Through Shadow: Remote Sensing 3 (visual and auditory), Medium (shadows and darkness) • 6 points

Healing Darkness:
Regeneration 2, Source (darkness) • 1 point

Shadow Strike:
Damage, Strength-based Attack 8, Affects Insubstantial 2, Penetrating 3 • 13 points

Shadow Form – Fades (Recharges when resting darkness)
   Shadow Dimension Phasing: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal), Fades • 16 points
        Shadow Walk: Teleport 2, Medium (shadows) • 1 point

Super Speed
   Speed 10 • 10 points
   Enhanced Advantage (Improved Initiative) • 3 points

Fast Attack
   Damage 3, Strength-based, Multiattack • 4 points

Fast Defense: Enhanced Dodge 10, Enhanced Parry 10 • 20 Points

Run On Water:
Movement 1 (Water-Walking), Limited to while moving • 1 point.

Run Up Walls:
Movement 1 (Wall-crawling), Limited to while moving • 1 point.

Attacks: 
Initiative: +16

Shadow Strike (Attack +10, Damage +10)
Fast Attack (Multistrike) (Attack +10, Damage +5)

Background:

Daniel Black was a rising star in the field of quantum mechanics.  His graduate work had won international recognition as breakthrough work in the field of extra dimensional theory.  He was snatched up immediately after earning his PhD by Deep Water Industries, a leader in cutting edge science and technology.  It was here that Daniel met his fiancée Milly Nocturne.  They were part of an R&D group tasked with finding an unlimited source of extra-dimensional energy.  It took a year but the team was sure they had found a break through.  Using new theories in dark energy and anti-matter Daniel formulated a way to breach the shadow dimension where dark matter and energy originated and leaked into our reality.  Extra funding and personal were dedicated to the project and a prototype breach, extraction and containment facility was in place in surprising little time. 

The owner/president and the entire board of directors was onsite for the initial breach, but something went horribly wrong with the containment field.  The ensuing explosion destroyed the small facility located on an isolated island out of the Keys.  The owner/president of Deep Water Industries, Lucas Shrike survived, but many of the board of directors and much of the research staff did not.  The extent of the accident was covered up by Deep Water Industries and Daniel as the only (known) surviving member of the research team was blamed for the accident.

Daniel and Milly were closest to the containment field at the time working desperately to keep the field for exploding.  While Daniel miraculously survived Milly did not.  She was completely vaporized by the explosion (or so he thought).  Days after the explosion Daniel began experiencing strange dreams and waking visions as the shadow energy he had been exposed to changed him.  Daniel was now a creature of multiple dimensions.  He has since used those abilities in an attempt find out what actually went wrong with the experiment.  These attempts caught the attention of Overwatch and he was recruited with the assurance that he would be able to continue his investigation into the accident.

Deep Water Industries/Order of Shadows
Daniel wasn’t the only person changed from the exposure to the Shadow Dimension.  Lucas Shrike and the surviving board of directors were too.  Lucas’s exposer gave him insight into the nature of Shadow energy and he has used this to create a new form of shadow technology.  He sells some of this technology to the government, but keeps the best for his own organization, the Order of Shadows. Lucas’s company got its start-up funding from organized crime.  Being beholden to the mob as always rankled Lucas.  A bit of a megalomaniac before his transformation Lucas’s mastery of shadow energy has broadened his delusions of grandeur.  Now dubbing himself Master of Shadows Lucas has used his shadow technology as a new weapon in the war to become the only criminal organization in Peninsula City.

Lucas Shrike/Master of Shadows

Milly Nocturne/Midnight

Milly wasn’t vaporized in the accident. She was shifted from our dimension to the Shadow Dimension.  Completely isolated and faced with beings completely alien to her Milly’s mind eventually broke from the alien influences she encountered there.  Her insanity brought new insight into the realm and the hive mind that found her wandering in their world.  Milly was connected to the hive, but her human mind though shattered infected the creatures.  They no longer followed there queen and only followed Milly’s commands.  The human part of her was still desperate to find a way home and the hive known as The Hex set about doing just that.  The pain, loneliness and isolation of her time has twisted her mind into a hatred of both Deep Water Industries and Daniel Black who she has convinced herself betrayed her and left her to die.  It is only a matter of time until Milly and her Hex find a way into our reality again to seek out their revenge.

Milly Nocturne/Midnight

The Hex

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Ixy

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on May 03, 2015, 09:12:30 AM
Welcome Ixy,  the character writeup looks good so far.   

Thank you for the opportunity to apply.  I have added additional detail to the background and updated the original interest post.  If there's anything else you'd like us to add, I'll be glad to.  Also, if you want to discuss any details of her background that I haven't yet included (like her 3-year exodus), let me know what you'd like... otherwise I wanted to start out a bit of an outsider "Paragon" with a shady past and questionable motivations.

Crash

By weakness were you referring to complications or did you want us to take a weakness directly related to our powers?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Elven Sex Goddess

I just got home.  Sunday to Mondays are a short turn around,  I have to be up at 5am  for work.  After working a second shift on Sunday.   Anyways I will answer all questions and look over things tomorrow when get home from work.  Unless theVillain does so here before hand   

PhantomPistoleer

Citizen, PL10

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Abilities
Strength 8, Stamina --, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 8, Intellect 4, Awareness 3, Presence 1

Powers
Android Body: Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects), Protection 6 • 36 points
Density Manipulation: Array (28 points)
  • Mass Increase: Enhanced Strength 6; Enhanced Strength 4, Limited to Resisting Movement; Protection 10, Impervious 16; Reduced Trait 7 (Agility) • 28 points
  • Weightless Intangibility: Flight 4 (30 MPH); Insubstantial 4, Dynamic • 2 points
  • Physical Disruption: Damage 2, Affects Corporeal 12, Penetrating 12, Dynamic • 2 points
Solar Beam: Ranged Damage 8 • 16 points

Advantages
Eidetic Memory

Skills
Perception 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Solar Beam 8 (+10), Technology 4 (+8)

Offense
Initiative +3
Physical Disruption +8, Close, Damage 12, Affects Corporeal, Penetrating
Solar Beam +11, Ranged, Damage 8
Unarmed +8, Close, Damage 10 [16]

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8
Toughness 16 (Impervious 16) / 10*, Fortitude Immune, Will 5
*Without Mass Increase bonus

Power Points
Abilities 51 + Powers 84 + Advantages 1 + Skills 7 + Defenses 7 = Total 150

Name:  Det. John "Johnny" Howe
Height: 6'8
Weight: 370 lbs.

Base of Operations:  Mobile;
Legal Status:  formerly Citizen of the United States;

Appearance:  Citizen is a synthetic android designed to appear like a handsome caucasian male with brown hair and blue eyes.  His approximation to humanity makes his presence unsettling to humans.

Biography:  Citizen is an android.  His body is composed of experimental composites of steel and plastic.  His ambitions are composed of codified binary.  But Citizen is more than just an android because within him lies the dormant spirit of a man.  The experiment that bound machine and soul was a resounding success.  At the same time, it was an utter failure because the brave man that empowered the mechanical husk with heroism was lost.

This is not lost on Dr. Jennifer Howe.  She was responsible for Citizen's creation.  But she did not set out to create a great superhero.  She initially set out to save her brother.

Det. Johnny Howe was a detective for the NYPD.  He specialized in white collar crime, and was about to transfer to the FBI when he was killed in action.  Before he passed away, his brain pattern was downloaded and inserted into Dr. Howe's android.

Powers:

Relationships:

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

D12

Showing interest, I want to repurpose an old M&M character I didn't really get to play much (and could probably use to revisit in the build-area), but I need to figure out what I'm doing with some other games first…

The Original Concept was basically an outsider, alien or extra-dimensional, that wants to be 'worshiped' as a hero.

General Question: Just a double-check here, when it says:

"The total of your hero’s ______ and ______ defenses cannot exceed twice the series power level."

Is that referring to the total bonus? IE at power level 10 we can have +20.

or the total Defense Class? IE at power level we can have +10, because the total is calculated as 10 + Defense.

The second, correct?
Quote from: Angiejuusan
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

TheVillain

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

D12

QuoteDodge & Toughness: The total of your hero’s Dodge and Toughness defenses cannot exceed twice the series power level.

Parry & Toughness: The total of your hero’s Parry and Toughness defenses cannot exceed twice the series power level.

Fortitude & Will: The total of your hero’s Fortitude and Will defenses cannot exceed twice the series power level.

This part; the language is kind of vague and to me there are three possible ways of reading that.

1. A + B = PL x2

2. A = PL x2

3. A +10 = PL x2
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

TheVillain

Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Pumpkin Seeds

Reworking my girl into more of a flying character.  Still has her arm cannon and missiles though.  Keep her strong and tough, but more acrobatic in the air.

TheVillain

Edited my villains a bit, mostly to get rid of Downshift's blackmail-for-sex angle.

Full Disclosure - I thought a few of our lady friends will really like that naughtiness angle but I don't seem to have any takers. Creep is fine for a villain but unnessecary Creep is just rude. :P

Crash

Thevillian and ESG.  Were my enemies okay?  To much?  Wasn't sure if they were a direction you liked or not.

Fey

I want to express interest. Thinking of a power armored heroine. :D

TFcommando

Is there still a slot open?  I have a few concepts...

A self-made golden age legacy hero... a historian or detective finds a golden age hero's hideout and gear during her research and adopts the identity to deal with a crime she'd been working on (or had just discovered).  Something like Phantom Lady, a couple of supplementary gadgets (Darkness and invisibility) on top of conventional guns and martial arts.

A werewolf or other anthro sort, someone who was cursed to become a mindless beast and then cured by a sorcerer... of the mindless part, she's stuck in that form for good.  She helped out the sorcerer for a while on his adventures, acting as the muscle, but now wants a more "normal" life.  She'd have a magic item with a "nothing to see here" field that'd let her walk around without people freaking out at the seven foot werewolf.  For a little while at a time.  Mostly.

Someone who found or was given a powered armor suit to keep it out of the evil organization that created or discovered it.. or rather, the only part of it that they had.   It has a gravitic force field that provides flight, defense and super strength.  The downside is that she can't wear much under the force field! 
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

RubySlippers

Quote from: TFcommando on May 05, 2015, 12:23:06 PM
Is there still a slot open?  I have a few concepts...

A self-made golden age legacy hero... a historian or detective finds a golden age hero's hideout and gear during her research and adopts the identity to deal with a crime she'd been working on (or had just discovered).  Something like Phantom Lady, a couple of supplementary gadgets (Darkness and invisibility) on top of conventional guns and martial arts.

A werewolf or other anthro sort, someone who was cursed to become a mindless beast and then cured by a sorcerer... of the mindless part, she's stuck in that form for good.  She helped out the sorcerer for a while on his adventures, acting as the muscle, but now wants a more "normal" life.  She'd have a magic item with a "nothing to see here" field that'd let her walk around without people freaking out at the seven foot werewolf.  For a little while at a time.  Mostly.

Someone who found or was given a powered armor suit to keep it out of the evil organization that created or discovered it.. or rather, the only part of it that they had.   It has a gravitic force field that provides flight, defense and super strength.  The downside is that she can't wear much under the force field!

If you do either of the first two Eve Frankenstein could use an ally, the second would be best if she is ageless to, after all both would be walking monsters in a world of normal people.

My character is coming along slowly, I'm leaning to a powerful raw character with advantages and some powers mostly tough and some advantages. Skills will be few Jack of All Trades will represent her decades of living in the world so would know a lot but will develop a few likely stealthy skills and athletics. Her profession would be an odd job sort mostly laborer. But did do government work so would be tied to a government agency kind of.

I do need some advice on her signature weapon should I take:

Two-Section Staff: Think a big nunchuks.

Big Club: A hammered out old part of a Nazi Mega-weapon she kept.

Chain with Weights: Long chain with weights on the end larger and heavier needing unnatural levels of strength.

Big Gun: A big gun either a sawed off end light cannon or 50 caliber machine gun backed by a non-nonsense brutal unarmed combat capability.

Cestus: Hammered out brass knuckles or lined sap gloves with chain wrapped about it or something equally impressive.

Crash

I am always a fan of the big club.  She could carry around a set of free weights to throw at people.

D12

Well, originally I was going to go with my old M&M character who's game fizzled out: Lady Radiance, but she's more of an alien / outsider sort of deal and seeing how lots of the others, villains included, are going to be going with more technological based heroes (and because I remembered her while I was reshuffling Radiance's powers) I'm currently leaning more toward my really old character Copper Rose, who's more of a cyborg / inventor.

I find myself torn, what'd you guys think?
Who do you think would fit the game's theme better? Or just general opinions on who would you be more interested in seeing?

TheVillain

@Crash - Like those villains, personally.

@TFCommando - Like the golden age legacy character concept the most.

@Ruby - Big Gun and Big Club.

@D12 - Leaning Radiance.

I'm Helping! :D

Crash

Slipshade isn't technology based.  Honestly I was wondering if some of our cyborg characters might be getting concerned with overlap.

Thanks Villain.

RubySlippers

Quote from: TheVillain on May 05, 2015, 04:34:33 PM
@Crash - Like those villains, personally.

@TFCommando - Like the golden age legacy character concept the most.

@Ruby - Big Gun and Big Club.

@D12 - Leaning Radiance.

I'm Helping! :D

Oh I got an idea a big club and gun put together. into one kewl weapon. I'll have enough equipment points for some kind of armor costume and one weapon that is bad ass.

D12

Slipshade was one of the reasons I was leaning away from Radiance. 'Yes, lets team up the shadow-guy and the woman literally made out of light.' (Woman shines a summer's day within 60ft of her)

I'm also not sure what / how Radiance would interact with the other characters, other than being condescending 'cause they're all human and humans live short pitiable insignificant lives barely made worthwhile by recognizing how awesome she is.

With all the technological characters I think there could be some fun interactions; I could see Rose complaining that Citizen should be more mechanical and less fleshy part, because she sees his primary function as combat and she's big on form following function.

One thing I do want to double check on because it's always been one of the blurry lines:

Powers = infinite uses, can be nullified but not 'removed', cannot be used by anyone but the PC, and return immediately after nullification effect ends.

Devices = infinite uses, can be removed, do not function for anyone but the PC, and are replaced at no additional cost if lost or destroyed.

Equipment = infinite uses, can be removed, functions for anyone who has it, and is replaced at no additional cost if lost or destroyed.

Invention = one use, can be removed, functions for anyone who has it, and requires a new check / expenditure to replace if lost or destroyed 

Crash

I was hoping we would get a spread of characters types.  I am not sure I would want to include Slipshade in a group centered around tech.  He wouldn't fit very well.

D12

Quote from: Crash on May 05, 2015, 08:16:06 PM
I was hoping we would get a spread of characters types.  I am not sure I would want to include Slipshade in a group centered around tech.  He wouldn't fit very well.

That's my exact concern with Radiance.