Cover Up: The Moon is Inhabited

Started by Sabby, November 24, 2010, 02:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

the REAL reason why they haven't been back to the Moon

I found this extremely interesting. Could there be more under the surface?

Hunter

As part of Alien Astronaut Theory, you find that the moon is hollow.  I remember a reference to when they did the moon landings that the entire moon supposedly rang like a bell.

Besides, everyone knows that the real reason is because the moon isn't made out of cheese.   ;)

Will

I was really disappointed that they disabled comments for that video.  There would have been some great ones. : /
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Vekseid

Here's a list of observed impact candidates from 2009 alone.

This is the 'Lunar anomalies report" http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19680018720_1968018720.pdf that the person didn't bother linking to.

You will note that it is not named that, but rather the "Chronological Catalog of Reported Lunar Events" The video even displays that.

He calls them 'UFOs', but there is no evidence that any of them, whatsoever, are flying. These are events that light, darken, or otherwise change a large area - several square kilometers - enough to easily be discerned from Earth. They were named transient lunar phenomenon and honest people would use that term instead.

These - where they are real and not a failure of observation of some sort - can be impact events, usually small ones, outgassing, solar-driven dust storms...

The video gives a very dishonest portrayal of how bright these events are.

"No reason for going back to the Moon"? It wasn't shut down by NASA, it was shut down by Congress. Lifting stuff to Luna is fucking expensive. We're just now looking at going again, and launch costs have been trimmed by all of 20%. It's still fucking expensive.

Oniya

I've also heard that, as launch platforms go, a space station is a more efficient alternative to a lunar base.  Also, the initial lunar landing/space race was based more on 'do something exciting and fast', rather than 'do something with a plan for later.'  For both of these reasons, letting moon landings lapse makes perfect sense.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

You guys can't just let me have my fun, can you? xD Hehe. Not to say I totally believe the video, just find it interesting. Curious as to the photo manipulation by NASA though...

Noelle

A hollow moon? Really? I'd be curious to see how they utterly obliterate science to explain how that works. :\

Hunter

Quote from: Noelle on November 26, 2010, 10:42:18 PM
A hollow moon? Really? I'd be curious to see how they utterly obliterate science to explain how that works. :\

If it's artificial, then that's explanation enough.   (Just saying.)

Vekseid

Considering we are able to do seismic analysis of the moon's interior, that's a bit of a stretch.

Or rather, a lot of a stretch. Eventually you just keep on stacking absurdities. "It's an artificial moon! They also have a huge mining operation on it!" ...what sort of logic is that? "Let's build a giant fake rock and THEN mine it!"

...this belongs in some sort of comedy forum.

Noelle

Quote from: Hunter on November 26, 2010, 10:58:05 PM
If it's artificial, then that's explanation enough.   (Just saying.)

Maybe in makeup alone, but whether or not it's artificial doesn't change the fact that it's subjected to the same forces as other bodies floating in space, especially in orbit. Maybe the mass stays the same, but if you redistribute its internal density enough, a core that's too hollow leaves huge, gaping inconsistencies with existing gravitational force, or you're basically giving it a disproportionately-sized crust. :P

At any rate, it's an entertaining thought that seems to have the most life in fiction. I'd never heard of this before, so it provided an interesting and amusing little Google search.

Sabby

Doesn't have to be hollow... if we're to believe that aliens live on the moon, who says it's an Earth sized population? It could be a few thousand, a few hundred, a few dozen, and probably for the purpose of monitoring us.

I mean, it would explain away one of the biggest bullet points for the sceptics. "Why travel so far?" Well, the moon ain't too far...

Will

It's pretty far from wherever they would be coming originally.  Also, that gets into the question of why any aliens that could accomplish interstellar travel would want to monitor us, a species that can't even manage to feed itself efficiently.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

Probably the same reason we watch documentaries about crocodiles eating wildebeests.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Hunter

Quote from: Will on November 27, 2010, 11:25:20 AM
It's pretty far from wherever they would be coming originally.  Also, that gets into the question of why any aliens that could accomplish interstellar travel would want to monitor us, a species that can't even manage to feed itself efficiently.

That's part of the whole Alien Astronaut Theory.  There's a couple of possible why's.

Sabby

Well, it could be many things... a desire to help in subtle ways, much like our own wildlife reserves. Or, it could be a less charitable purpose, keeping tabs on developing planets much like a crime boss would keep an eye on the up and coming kids in his neighbourhood.

Or, my favourite theory! They've evolved to the point where mental and physical individuality just doesn't happen any more. They can't breed, slowly cloning themselves into extinction, and all the while, they cannot feel anything like love, hate, longing, sadness, fear... they could be watching us and experimenting and interbreeding to try and help themselves.

I like that last theory most for it's irony. Here we are at one point worshipping them as God's (if the theory is to be believed of course) and in the current day we marvel at what we think we know of them... and yet, they're the one's that are looking to us for an answer.

Vekseid

Quote from: Sabby on November 27, 2010, 06:57:48 AM
Doesn't have to be hollow... if we're to believe that aliens live on the moon, who says it's an Earth sized population? It could be a few thousand, a few hundred, a few dozen, and probably for the purpose of monitoring us.

I mean, it would explain away one of the biggest bullet points for the sceptics. "Why travel so far?" Well, the moon ain't too far...

The biggest bullet point as a skeptic would be, if they didn't want us on the moon why did they just let us test for water at one of the poles?

I have a feeling this is just going to mutate after a lunar base is setup.

Noelle

And who's to say there isn't a colony of giant purple rhinoceri growing moon-daisies in a big dark crater somewhere who have been observing us since the dawn of time so that one day they might spread their cheerful flowers to the sad inhabitants of planet Earth? I mean, we don't really know, right?

A species that's advanced enough to travel to an uninhabitable chuck of rock orbiting a perfectly habitable planet that somehow "evolved" to shrink all cases of physical and mental individuality doesn't make sense because they probably wouldn't be that evolved at all. In fact, eliminating physical/mental individuality would more probably kill them off before they could even get off the ground in an airplane, much less a rocket of some sort, especially with the inevitable emergence of disease. Without physical individuality especially, any kind of deadly disease would wipe the whole population out pretty damn fast.

They certainly couldn't have originated on the moon, given that not only does the moon lack any kind of atmosphere or electromagnetic field to break down incoming projectiles, leaving it prone to violent collisions for a very long time, but it is younger than the earth and any kind of life likely to be found on it would either need to be able to endure temperature extremes that are impossible for humans to survive in or would need to be found somewhere in the more habitable zones that we've pretty much already mapped out. Any emergent creatures would need time to evolve from basic bacteria and the moon simply not been around long enough, stable long enough, nor is it habitable enough to support any form of advanced life that would have the capacity to "monitor humans", much less be able to form one self-aware thought.

As far as small populations go, there is a certain amount you need to successfully propagate your species, even through disease and famine, as well as producing successful offspring, especially with minimal inbreeding to reduce mutations and defects, which will also drag your population down if it becomes too severe/widespread.

Oniya

There's always the theory that they reached a certain level of tech, and then started the decline into uniformity.  As Veks said, though, you start stacking absurdities if you keep taking things point by point.

Sabby

Okay, you seem to have misread some of what I said.

QuoteA species that's advanced enough to travel to an uninhabitable chuck of rock orbiting a perfectly habitable planet that somehow "evolved" to shrink all cases of physical and mental individuality doesn't make sense because they probably wouldn't be that evolved at all. In fact, eliminating physical/mental individuality would more probably kill them off before they could even get off the ground in an airplane, much less a rocket of some sort, especially with the inevitable emergence of disease. Without physical individuality especially, any kind of deadly disease would wipe the whole population out pretty damn fast.

I did not mean that they would be bland, grey, emotionless drones at the time they developed, they would be like this later on, past the point of interstellar travel perhaps. Once you start to cure all diseases and stop random birth defects or mental disabilities, you're going to start looking and thinking the same.

QuoteThey certainly couldn't have originated on the moon

Never implied that either. I think the idea of them developing on, or having a substantial population on the moon is stupid even in such a theoretical topic that is partly non-serious. My money would be closer to a small, self sustained colony with regular contact outside of the moon.

QuoteAs far as small populations go, there is a certain amount you need to successfully propagate your species, even through disease and famine, as well as producing successful offspring, especially with minimal inbreeding to reduce mutations and defects, which will also drag your population down if it becomes too severe/widespread.

Once again, this is assuming I implied the moon is their homeworld or even a settlement. This is silly.

Even if this were purely brainstorming to try and rationalize the video, and not a semi-serious discussion, I'd still go with small research colony.

Vekseid

Sabby, you're really just engaging in fantasy in what should be a forum about discussing facts. If you want to start a silly discussion, please take it to off topic.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Vekseid on November 27, 2010, 03:26:49 PM
Sabby, you're really just engaging in fantasy in what should be a forum about discussing facts. If you want to start a silly discussion, please take it to off topic.

Sheesh, why rain on the parade?  The moon probably IS hollow, with dinosaurs and killer reptiles and half-naked prehistoric wimmen who need to be saved by a Caucasian hero bearing an express rifle.   ;D

Vekseid

There is no gravity inside a hollow sphere : /

That ruined so many settings for me.

Wolfy

Quote from: Will on November 27, 2010, 11:25:20 AM

XenoZoologists? :D