Fate of the Pure Blood (Open for Villains!)

Started by Bekah Boo, August 20, 2015, 11:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bekah Boo

Currently in need of an few Evil masterminds! Please message in regards!

Fate of the True Blood

So I've had this idea for a while, and because of the sheer size of what the story can unfold I thought I would give it a go as far as a group idea.
The idea is that in the growing chaos and turmoil of the world it becomes apparent there are more creatures than mortals once knew of, that in the darkest shadows there are monsters of myth and legend; the end of time bringing forth a war unlike any other though it has yet to happen. It draws near as vampires, werewolves, demons all the like come forth to try and stake a claim in the change of times when the mortal realm is at it's weakest.

That hidden in the world of mortals there is a woman, a woman of great power though she is not aware of. When the earth was young the clans of all classes once ruled the land in harmony, until a dark day when demons came to cause an uproar and break the balance that nearly destroyed the world. The clans agreed such a thing would happen again eons and eons later, but until then they would lay dormant in order to save humanity. Before this however they blessed one single child with pure essence, the light that would bring great power to those who controlled it and could either save the world or bring it to it's knees as only fate would decide this. This pure bloodline flourished, unknown by time as many heard the myth yet it still remained only as a story. Those who were pure held only one indication of difference, the vivid hue of violet eyes that signaled the utter power they held deep within. As time wore on the myth was lost as well as any who carried the blood line as in the modern age it was unheard of.

But upon a being who held this pure blood's 20th birthday the power would show itself the visible change would be seen, as inwardly their soul would reveal a beacon that called out as it would bring upon change in the world. There are many forces who wish to use the pure blood for their own sake, to render the user by claiming a stake and taking the power for themselves. Their blood holds the secret, but even more so if a child were to be born of pure and creature there would be little doubt the product would be the most powerful lineage.

The story would focus on a young woman who is a pure blood, perhaps the last in her line as upon her birthday she finds her once simple and mundane life turned upside down by forces who wish to use her, own her, or perhaps even love or protect her. So it would involve a lot of brainstorming, but I am craving this story. The story's main focus will be the plot, how these creatures treat her as they battle against one another to gain her whether by force or otherwise. There can be smut, though it is not the true focus although it can be used as a tactic or romance.

Characters that are available/accepted:

Vampires - Now while I'm not the biggest fan of these creatures I can see them in a story like this based on the fact they are as old as time itself, as they would be the first to know of the old lore first hand. The attitude and demeanor is up to the player as the vampire can be a cold, heartless beast or perhaps even simply misunderstood and longs to make himself/herself better in comparison to the rest of it's race.Although I would love to hear input as far as abilities the standard powers that are accepted is super human strength and prowess.Any creature can die, so there is always a weakness which means there will be not one creature that is completely immortal in that sense.Whether it be by a stake in the heart or sun, that choice can be made up by the person playing as a character sheet will be needed to go over details.

Werewolves- Territorial as well as feral, werewolves tend to have a pack mentality though this is not required. This can be a rouge wolf on it's own, or even playing on behalf of a pack of his/her's own.As with vampires the abilities can vary though as before not on the level of unbeatable. These creatures can be played to the player's liking, with some sort of weakness that may or may not be obvious. Want your wolf form to be able to communicate even while he/she is a raving beast? Go ahead. Does the werewolf loose control and turn into a blood thirst beast? More kudos to you. Anything is acceptable within reason, character sheet will give an overview of such.

Demons- Much like vampires, demons would know the history of the pure bloods quite well, as personality aside it is a creature of damnation which can be played out in any sort of fashion. Powers are free reign as usual, though I will have to limit some if they borderline the obscene if too too powerful. No doubt variations can occur such as half demons or even fallens, as their backstory for those situations would be listed of course. With any sort however they will be unable to enter churches, or holy grounds.

Creatures that will be accepted
These creatures will be accepted, as I am interested in them and what they could bring. They are not limited and any suggestions are appreciated.

Story

Nagas/Lamias

Arachne

Centaur/Satyr

Incubus

Elves

Rules To Follow

Now this is the first group roleplay I've tried on this site, as my previous experience with such well...it ended quite badly. That being said, I will not tolerate drama.The first little snippet of it I will not hesitate to kick people out. In the past I've seen drama completely tear a story apart, so please for the sake of common decency just try to be respectful to others okay? If there are any issues don't hesitate to message me and I will clear up the matter quickly.

As far as posting length I want to maintain at least 3 to 4 paragraphs if not longer as my normal rules apply to this as well; no one liners and god moding. I want to create a story full of emotion and depth, so posts should be detailed and be much more than sheer reaction if it can be helped. Any OOC chatter will be in it's own thread that I will set up as the main thread is nothing but IC posts.I will end up listing this under extreme in order to make sure we don't upset anyone, with such however there will be gore, there will be violence and if need be non con situations of either torture or sexual nature. This will be a graphic story so the only real limits there will be is that of bathroom play, snuff, or vore. Anything else will be free game though if you have questions please message me.

I live in South Carolina so my time zone may vary compared to others, that being said I tend to post in the later aftertoon going to the wee hours of the morning as I tend to not sleep all that well. Some posts may need to be paused in order to get into a routine though that doesn't mean we skip over due to an inactive partner. There may be posts that can further explain your own until we can move the story along, but try and be courteous to others given we are all in different time zones.

The amount of players for this story is open, though the main source of the story is who the pure blood falls to, as it can vary from romance (which would be appreciated) to forced as I would love to see how it can be played out. Females are accepted though for the sake of the story the goal is to use the pure blood for one's own gain whether it is romantic or not; so either way I am open to see what can happen.

If interested you may post character sheets on this thread so I may keep up with all of them in a certain area until I decide on who is accepted or not. If accepted I will message privately, so do not bother me on the matter. Those who are accepted will have their character sheets listed on the OOC thread, unless specified that they want their character to remain secret or not. Along with the character sheet I will require a sample post, to narrow the decision.
Please list in this sort of format:

Name:
Species:
Goal:
Height:
Weight:
Character description (pictures are accepted):
Bio:
History:

As well as character sheets, if there are any questions feel free to ask them here and I will answer as best as I can. Thank you and all be well.

Bekah Boo

Player: Bekah Boo

Name: Mina Albrooke
Sex: Female
Orientation: Heterosexual
Species: Human (Pure Blood)
Goal: Well to be honest she's just a normal woman, or as she knows of. With the events that are transpiring no doubt it would be just to survive.
Height: 5'2
Weight: 110lbs
Body type: Lithe, slender
Bust size: 34 C
Character description:

Currently has gray eyes, though upon her birthday she wakes to find they are now a vivid violet.

Bio: Mina is a bit of a shy soul, though when she does encounter others she begins to get a bit more comfortable even if she does appear to be brash and cynical at times. Over all she is a sweet woman who will do what she can to those that are close to her, her friends and family the most important to her as she wishes to do nothing to put them in harm's way. Being a bit bashful it isn't too far fetched to learn she isn't quite as comfortable with the opposite sex, still quite the virgin even at her age as she decides to focus on other things than mess around. She is a hard worker, pouring all of her efforts into the family owned book store as she enjoys reading more than doing anything else. As well as her love of books and stories, her other true passion is flowers as she could spend the rest of her days in the garden with a good book and be perfectly content.

History: As a child Mina had always been a bit of a quiet girl, clinging to her father's side rather than going out to play as he saw no harm. Being an author he helped create her love of books, letting the girl sit in his lap as he wrote and made such wonderful fantasy worlds and creatures that spurred on Mina's own love of them. The doting father took care of his only daughter, watching her grow from a timid little girl to a beautiful stoic beauty just the same as the sight of her was a stark resemblance to Mina's late mother. Mina had been far too young when her mother had passed away, the circumstance had been ruled a suicide, though unknown to Mina her father had other ideas. He felt she had been murdered, her violet eyes had been opened in absolute fear to make the man wonder in his grief to foul play. With this however he made sure to protect his daughter, not revealing the true nature of her mother's death as he suffered in his own grief by his lonesome. Although it pained the man to see his daughter growing more beautiful and graceful with each passing day, it saddened the father to see his daughter move out of the house. Although she didn't get too far, as loyally working of the bookstore did allow the man to see his lovely daughter each day which seemed to content him for the time being.

Bekah Boo

Player : Birchleaf

Name: Alfirindir Arahael
Sex: Male
Species: Elf
Goal: Being a Hero, Saving the world, Saving the Girl. The usual.
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 180 lbs
Bio: A tall, handsome fellow, he has a tendency towards grandiose mannerisms and a turn for the poetic in his speech, frequently talking in rhyme or riddles, especially when that makes no sense. He has an exaggeratedly romantic view of the world, and desires to be a great Hero who will face terrible enemies, conquer Evil wherever it may be found, and in general be paragon of chivarlt and justice. But there is a definite downside to his ideals: a firm, bigoted adherence to forms of morality long outdated, and spectacular intolerance for behaviors he believes wicked. But he is not all wrath: he also is merciful to a terrible fault, and mixes harsh judgment in with naive trust. Despite the number of 'fair maidens' that he has rescued, he remains a virgin, and somewhat of a prude.

History: Born to a reclusive tradition deep in the wildest regions of China, he is close-mouthed about his past. Seeing as he is both extraordinarily youthful for an immortal race, and yet more experienced than most of them in archery, swordplay, unarmed combat, and magecraft alike, with encyclopedic knowledge on pretty much every topic imaginable, there must have been something very strange about his early life before he began running around the globe killing demons and other monsters. Given that he sometimes forgets to know what he knows, it is very likely that his unnatural skills are, in fact, borrowed and not native to him.

Birchleaf

Aaannnd I am in. So I will be sitting here, waiting for others to appear.

Maeve

Any room for a crazy female lone werewolf? Either to protect the pure blood (if it means she gets to kill vampires and get paid, hell yes) or as a bounty hunter to capture her.

Bekah Boo

Oh of course, the more the merrier really. Not to mention with the rest of the cast it could be quite fun. Just post a character sheet here and I'll send you a link for the OOC thread.

Bekah Boo

Player: Deathnote

Bio: A very tense and serious type of person who seems to wear no other expression other than a constant frown.  Normally stern, serious, and detached, Rock also has a bit of a temper, which has gotten him into trouble more than once before.  He can be extremely stubborn and has a tendency to make reckless decisions at times.  Despite not exactly being the brightest bulb in class, he can be very perceptive and analytical to the point of practically becoming a human lie-detector.  He also displays great loyalty to his friend.

History: Rock's parents were close friends with Mina's parents and their childhood homes were within walking distance of each other.  Rock's father, Nicholas was a Dhampyr who used his natural talents to help others in need.  Nicholas was the head of a run-down kendo dojo, which Rock still uses from time to time for self-training.  Rock's mother, Lexis was a Police Captain.  Back when Lexis was still a Detective, she would regularly team up with Nicholas to tackle the "really weird" cases.  She and her senior partner were the ones put in charge of the case relating to the death of Mina's mother.  She remained skeptical when the case was ruled a suicide and attempted to investigate on her own, but to no avail.  Her higher-ups eventually pressured her into giving up.  She was forced to do so when her husband went missing.

When Rock was young (around the same time Mina lost her mother), his father was killed before his very eyes.  The strange part was, however, that Nicholas' murder was never made official.  Nicholas was officially missing.  It wasn't until much, much later that Rock's mother told him the truth.  When a Dhampyr dies, they rise three days later as a full-fledged Vampire.  Unable to control his own blood-lust, Nicholas ran away for fear of hurting the ones he loved.  Without Nicholas around, the kendo dojo went into disrepair and was shut-down.  Rock, however, wanted to continue his kendo training and was able to find a spot in Nicholas' former Sensei's class.

By the time Rock and Mina reached high school, they had drifted apart.  Due to his intimidating presence and his aloof attitude, Rock attracted the attention of delinquents and got into fights all the time.  Due to the fact that he had been practicing martial arts ever since he could walk, he was able to handle himself relatively well.  He eventually joined a gang of delinquents and continued getting into trouble all the time.  Eventually, he made enough enemies to get ambushed by a large group.  The people he thought were his friends had abandoned him to his fate.  Fortunately, Mina just happened to have found his unconscious body.  If not for her, he would not have made it to the hospital on time.  By the time he reached his final year of high school, he had pretty much mellowed out and graduated with little to no problems.  He's currently a college student working part-time at the local bookstore (the one Mina's father owns).

Fury Aphrodisia

Name: Varulven McLaren
Sex: F
Species: Werewolf
Goal: To serve dutifully - and have a blast when not on the clock!
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 190
Prankster, hedonist, charismatic werewolf with a mild sense of duty based off of her personal code of ethics.

Bio: Varulven is a fun-loving individual always looking for the next drink, the next story and the next adventure. To that end, she's decided that employment as a mercenary guard to be her best option. With no real ties, she doesn't usually consider the long-term consequences of her actions, preferring to live in the moment. She has a personal code of ethics taught by her tribe, though, and will not cross them. There are several rules, but the grandest and most sacred is "That all shall be who they be." Interpreting this as the right of all people to be free from external control, she'll sometimes muck up a contract to see that come about.

History: Varulven grew up in a relatively stable home with plenty of siblings around. Her parents were traditionalists in the lupine culture, and as soon as their children were old enough to be out on their own, they set their sights on the horizon and never looked back.

She herself made it to a city where she trained in basic self-defense, moderate weapons training and tactics, serving official military for only two years before receiving a dishonourable discharge - apparently, nobody thinks it's funny when you change the lights on the runway, or so the story goes this week - after which she managed to take contracts as a mercenary. She's constantly seeking, now, to improve her skills in the hopes of accomplishing more.

The Good Stuff:

Werewolves, specifically those of the Tribe Fianna, have a myriad of identifiers and bonuses. They have, aside from human (Which they refer to as Homid), four other primary forms. Homid rests at one end of the scale, and Lupus (The other breed form: You're either both Homid, from human stock, or Lupus, from wolf stock) looks like a typical modern wolf. Just in on either side of the scale from that are Galabro from Homid and Hispo from lupus. Hispo resembles a more direwolf sort of creature. Grand and stocky and strong. Galabro looks mostly human, but with wolf-like features. Think of Teen Wolf. The Michael J Fox version. That's Galabro.

And then there's Crinos. Crinos is what Underworld were showing off. That's what Lucian and his minions were, when you saw the great hulking figures. Only, they were a little on the small side. A male, average-sized Crinos Garou is between nine and twelve feet tall, between eight hundred and twelve hundred pounds. Ven stands at ten feet and eight hundred pounds in Crinos. A liver treat isn't going to save you.

If the average human male is a good indicator, a werewolf is, in Homid form, a third of the way better in everything. A third stronger, a third faster, a third smarter and a third more socially capable. They're a +3 to everything. In WoD, Humans cap out at 8. Homids at +3, Galabro at +4, Lupus at +5, with both Hispo and Crinos at +8. In those cases, the Lupus takes negative three to communication, manipulation and pursuasion. The Hispo is the same. In crinos, social and mental checks take a two-point penalty. Crinos also incites madness in humans, regardless of mid=change or fully realized. Glabro also take negatives to communication, manipulation and appearance. The Hispo has higher dexterity while the Crinos are all muscle, but you're not going to want to piss either of them off. Mind you, that's not because of how they look, or how they fight on their own. Galabro, for instance, are only about six and a half feet tall and double the mass of a Human. Lupus, well, if you've seen one wolf, you've literally probably seen a Lupus. Hispo, however, range from seven to nine feet in length, four and five feet in height, and two and a half to three hundred pounds.

And we haven't even talked about claws and teeth yet.

All of this, of course, fails to take into account... These are creatures of magic, in some shape or form. While they're not adept at using it in fine-spun strands the way Mages use Spheres or Vampires use Disciplines, theirs is a primordeal, natural-based magic, formed from forces of nature itself. Their love of, praise for and feral-frenzied service to Gaia has rewarded them well.

One last note before moving on to gifts. Frenzy.

When a Garou, something they love, or some code they live by is threatened, a werewolf goes into a frenzy. This means they become a berserker. They fight at twice their base physical statistics, and half their mental ones. All social statistics are relegated to intimidation. They cannot be stopped unless they are incapacitated near to death, or the object (target) of their frenzy is somehow..... removed.

Gifts:

Gaia doens't leave her warriors with simple brawn and the hope it will be enough, oh no. She has bestowed on her warriors a set of gifts depending on what their Tribe (in Ven's case, Fianna, the Irish wolves), their breed (She's Homid, as we've covered, born human) and their Auspice, or job is within the Garou nation (Ven is a trickster). Since Garou are warriors of the natural world, and since the Pureblood represents the most basic and powerful natural magic in existence, the GM and player have agreed that prolonoged exposure to the Pureblood will result in added Gifts.

To begin, Ven has three gifts. These are one each from Tribe, Breed and Auspice. They are as follows.
Fianna - Howl of the Banshee - emit a howl that inspires terror stricken flight in others, those that fail the challenge must flee for one turn per social trait you possess, friendly fire possible, allies have two trait bonus on the challenge. Those that do not fail the challenge are frozen in their tracks for the duration of the howl.
Ragabash - Sense of the Prey - Gain innate awareness about any prey about which you know something (anything), move toward it as fast as you can travel. Operates on any plane. Works if the thing isn't trying to hide. If it is, GM decision. May target spirits as well.
Homid - Jam Tech: This Gift allows you to disable technological decices. "Technology" in this case extends to ALL tools, though it's harder to break simple tools. Upon success, all devices of significant complexity and higher within fifty feet cease to work for one turn, plus an additional turn for each level of werewolf strength (Ven is currently at two, so three turns). Affected devices remain unchanged, but inert and resume working after the jamming wears off.

Because of the momentary touch of the Pureblood and the waves of static energy that were depicted flowing over Ven, however, it is also agreed that this will start off the first round of modifications to my character. As such, the following gifts have been unlocked.
Fianna - Resist toxin -When physically capable, most toxins and poisons have little to no effect on the werewolf. After two turns, the wolf may shrug off any toxin that does not immediately kill them. Silver takes three.
Homid - Staredown: Your eyes gain a subtle but powerful quality that sends humans and other animals fleeing, freezes other werewolves where they stand.  Success means they flee/freeze for one turn. If attacked, spell is broken. One target per use.
Ragabash - Blur of the Milky Eye - You're invisible and can move around, but once someone sees through it, you're caught till something distracts them and you can move away. scene or an hour. If you're loud, you're running, bump into something, drop something, attack, you're exposed, mofo.

This will initiate a prolonged sequence of events. After a few days in constant company with the Pureblood, one more of each gift set will be unlocked, as follows.
Homid: Reshape Object - transform once-living material (but not undead) into objects. Trees into shelter, antlers into spears, animal hides into armor, flowers into perfume, etc. The items resemble their sources somehow: Spear shaft is made of antler, armor retains skin textures, etc. Spend a gnosis. Spend second gnosis to allow weapons to inflict aggravated (continual) damage. Object only reshaped for five minutes. One mental trait to increase to ten, two to an hour, three to the session and four for permanent.
Fianna: Balor's Gaze - blazing red eyes inflict pain on those you gaze at. Requires spirit energy. They must make a willpower challenge to avoid crippling pain (-5 on all challenges), regardless of health levels. Only one target at a time.
Ragabash: Luna's Blessing: While the moon is visible in the night sky, silver does not inflict aggravated damage on you. During the full moon, silver may even turn against those who would use it to hurt you. This gift is active whenever you indicate. While it's in effect, as long as the moon is clearly visible in phase above the horizon (stepping inside, bad weather, moonrise/set negates this Gift), you can regeneragte damage from silver as if bashing or lethal (bashing if blunt, lethal if edged). Note that this gift is not active during the new moon. During the full moon, any attacker who makes an unsuccessful attack against you must then make two simple tests. If both fail, the attacker takes normal damage from his silver weapon.

With a few weeks of prolonged exposure to the Pure Blood, one more of each gift set will be unlocked, as follows.
Homid: Master of fire: Can touch fire. Yippee! Can for two turns be in direct contact with fire without pain or catching blaze.
Fianna: Gift of the Spriggan - with this, you can change size up to three times normal or down to a newborn puppy. Spend a gnosis and make a physical Challenge, retest with Primal-Urge. The effects last for one hour or until you choose to cancel them. Three strength-related physical up to ten extra for each 100% increase in size. Retain traits while shrunk, but one trail bonus on stealth related for each 25% reduction in size.
Ragabash: Open moon bridge - create a moon bridge, with or without the cooperation of a caern totem. Spend one gnosis to activate this gift. See the Rite of the Opened bridge for details. A moon bridge created with this gift can stretch up to one thousand miles.

With a few months of exposure to the Pureblood, one more of each gift set will be unlocked, as follows.
Homid: Spirit ward: You can create an invisible pictogram to shield against spirits.
Fianna: Fairy Light - small floating sphere of light, 3ft area, create anywhere line of sight, and move up to ten feet per turn, last for one turn per mental trait possessed, or end of scene with gnosis spent.
Ragabash: Taking the forgotten - You can take something from a target who then forgets about ever having owned it. Spiritually bonded objects may stir memories of their own accord, all other objects are forgotten.

With a year of exposure to the Pureblood, one more of each gift set will be unlocked, as follows.
Homid: Part the Veil: Lets you protect a human being from effects of delirium, allowing them to witness a werewolf shift without suffering fits of delusions, schizophrenia, paranoia and psychopathy.
Fianna: Call the Hunt - Once per month, and only in dire need, summon the Great Huntsman of Celtic myth to harry and slay a great evil recognized by the Tribe. Gift requires a full hour spent in chanting prior to use. Spend one Gnosis and make a social challenge. Huntsman comes with one hound, additional for each point of spirit energy you spend. If the adversary is not worthy, the Huntsman will turn on you, instead. It's a powerful Jaggling in service of Stag, appearing as a tall, antlered man with 10 willpower, 10 rage, 5 gnosis, 40 essense and the Charms of Armour, Materialize and Tracking. Hounds are Gafflings, usually nine, with coal-black coats and eyes of green fire. They can keep pace with a garou in lupus. 6 willpower, 7 rage, 2 gnosis, 18 essence and Materialize and Tracking.
Ragabash: Thieving Talons of the Magpie: With this Gift, you can appropriate the powers of others. This gift extends to Garou Gifts, spirit Charms, vampiric Disciplines, mage Spheres and the like. Make a Mental Challenge against the target. If successful, you can use one specified power for one turn per Gnosis Trait spent. During this time, the target cannot use that same power. Use current gnosis total in place of any trait that garou don't normally possess, like blood, glamour and so on. You must know something about the power in question, enough to specify which one you're taking, and must physically be able to accomplish the actions it requires, like looking at someone.

It should be noted that Werewolves are born with the innate ability to travel back and forth to a pocket realm known as the Umbra. They may travel freely at any time they wish unto themselves. However, they cannot take clothing or items that have not been dedicated to them in spirit ritual. They can, if they sacrifice spiritual energy at the cost of necessary rest, take other creatures with them, however the same restrictions apply in terms of items and weapons. They also cannot be forced to take someone against their will, so grabbing a werewolf going into the Umbra at the last moment will leave you gripping air, not Captain Jack Harkness'ing your way into the pocket realm.

A note on moon bridges: Moon bridges are just as they sound. They are bridges made of moonlight, over which any kind or sort of creature can pass. They require effort to keep open, and are intended to make travel safer, easier and faster. However, they can only span a distance from where the moon is shining to where the moon is shining, and cannot pass through sunlight. There are, however, rumours of spiritualists so powerful that they can reach to the actual moon with a bridge.

Overall, Ven has what amounts to twelve bashing health points (bludgeoning weapons), Ten lethal health points (bladed weapons), Eight Aggravated health points (acids, poisons, silver) Once those are used up, she will be forced to flee or will be incapacitated.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Zelta Runa

“ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
— Gandalf

— Ω —
BACK… IN A LIMITED CAPACITY
Requests
Absences & Apologies
Ons and Offs

Bekah Boo

Of course go right ahead, I'll send a link to the OOC thread shortly.

Zelta Runa

Ashmedaal Iskibriya kan Sesabtaa, A.K.A. Ash the Seducer
Sex: Male (most of the time)
Species: Incubus (demonic subspecies)
Goal: To serve his own interests, to meddle with mortals, and to annoy the Authorities of Heaven and Hell as much as goddamned possible
Height: variable (ranging between 5’7” and 6’6”)
Weight: 87.666 kg
Character description: Although Ash can appear in a variety of guises (including that of a woman), he usually defaults to his “base” appearance: skin of a Mediterranean or Arabic tone, shoulder-length light blonde hair, jet black eyebrows, and a prettyboy face that looks like it was carved for maximized smugness. When among humans, he looks like a normal (albeit extremely attractive) human being with eyes of an icy blue or deep fuchsia. His “true” appearance is the same but with a prehensile tail, pointed ears, hircine horns, and magma-coloured eyes with inky black sclera.

Bio: Ash is young as incubi go, and possesses all of the arrogance that youth brings. He has an anti-authoritarian streak a mile wide, and sometimes goes out of his way to pick the course of action that would piss off whatever authorities are applicable, even when doing so would conflict with his own interests. This contrariness for the sake of contrariness is probably his biggest weakness. Other immortal beings would say his greatest weakness is his compassion, although the compassion of an incubus makes parasitic wasps seem downright friendly by comparison. Still, Ash almost never feeds on his prey to the point of irreparable harm, and this makes him weaker than average, as incubi go, in terms of raw power. He makes up for it, however, in skill. Ash is a master seducer with over 17,000 conquests to his name. Yet he loves the human animal, and has a magpie-like fascination with human culture. He is languid, philosophical, and easily distracted—except when it comes to his prey.

History: Ash was born in the pits of Sheol barely a century after the dawn of Christianity. He came to maturity in ancient Rome and enjoyed many of the opportunities afforded a young incubus in that time. During the Great Drought (incubus/succubus terminology for the Middle Ages, when cultural suppression of human sexuality made it extremely difficult to feed), he watched the forces of Hell cannibalize themselves. He grew to despise the Powers Above, but neither has he any love for the Legions Below. Thus he began taking almost orgasmic glee in flipping the bird (both metaphorically and literally) at both sides of the conflict.

At age 1,414 he attempted what few incubi try: an ongoing relationship with a succubus. Relations between succubi and incubi generally result from desperation and a lack of wherewithal to consume human prey, and are almost always brief, violent, and unsatisfying, like trying to suck lemon juice out of a rock. In Mœrda di Shaydaan Siilka, however, Ash found a partner in crime. They teamed up to seduce husband and wife simultaneously, destroying many a marriage. But it wore thin after a few centuries and they parted ways. Mœrda, perhaps not quite over their dalliance, tried to continue the high-stakes game on her own. She upped the ante, taking on a man of the cloth who was strong in his faith. It destroyed her. Her destruction turned Ash into a bit of a nihilist, insofar as an immortal being can be a nihilist. It also gave rise to his obsession with human popular culture.

Nowadays, Ash maintains dwellings on the mortal plane, one in Sweden and the other in the southwestern United States. He is not wealthy, but maintains a steady income by working as a model and an artist, augmented by the considerable interest his investments have accrued over the years. He has some experience with weapons and hand-to-hand combat, but those areas don’t really overlap with his lifestyle. He usually prefers to use his wits to avoid conflict, where possible. He firmly believes it is better to seduce the Pureblood and put her in his thrall. That way he won’t have to keep her captive by force, because if he capture her mind then she will always bring herself back to him.

Abilities / Weaknesses
Your Innermost Desires — Provided a being identifies as female and is not specifically shielded against telepathy, Ash will immediately know her sexual preferences: orientation, appetites, preferred positions, where she likes to be touched, etcetera. This sometimes extends to the subconscious and reveals desires the target did not know she had, even those that are taboo. Although this power does not function the same way on a male target, it can sometimes reveal his innermost fear or some trigger to make him submit or flee. When used on beings of variable or non-binary gender, this power can have wildly unexpected results. Ash will not retain the information when not in the same room as the target or when focusing on more than one additional target.

A Form You Are Comfortable With — As a derivative of the above power, Ash can assume the form of the target’s “ultimate lover”—that is to say, the superlative fantasy sex partner she would imagine for herself. If there are two targets simultaneously, Ash can appear differently to each of them or try to assume a combined, compromissary form that appeals to both of them, but two is the maximum number. If Ash spends a few hours studying the target, he can appear as someone close to her: a lover, loved one, or other associate. However, mimicking the personality of an existing person is extremely difficult and only works if the target has been “softened up” first (intoxicated, seduced, senses otherwise dulled, deprived of sleep). For a male target, Ash can appear as someone they would fear. However, if a target explicitly identifies Ash as an incubus, or is told specifically that Ash is an incubus, or uses glamour illusions on a regular basis, then the target will see Ash in his true form from that point onwards.

Gender Bender — Although Ash typically identifies as male, he can assume female form (usually to pursue a bisexual or lesbian target). Unlike the above examples, this is a physical transformation. Even if his glamour is seen through or dispelled, he will still appear female because his body has physically become female. Switching from male to female and back again is a process that takes a minimum of sixty seconds, immobilizes Ash during the transformation and causes him intense pain.

Feeding Time — When Ash is able to initiate sexual contact with a willing target (the target has to consent on some level, although with the tricks at Ash’s disposal it isn’t usually hard to convince), he can begin to feed on her within seventy seconds. Ash consumes a target’s “life force”, or what might be thought of as her soul. The process itself is not painful; the target experiences sexual ecstasy and lasting euphoria, well beyond anything they could experience with a mortal partner. While this does not have a quantifiable, measurable effect, the aftermath leaves a human target feeling emotionally and physically drained. Depending how much Ash takes, the target may become paralyzed, comatose, or catatonic. If he fully consumes a human, she will die. Her organs will shut down and her higher brain functions will simply stop, with no determinable cause of death. Ash prefers to leave his prey alive, however. Ash can feed on male humans, but the process requires prolonged physical contact while the target is immobilized and he only gains a tenth of the energy; the target doesn’t experience the same euphoria, only a generalized numbness. He can also feed off of unwilling females, but doing so causes the target psychological pain and immediately induces a flight response. If Ash were to feed thus, he could only get small handfuls of power, like a biting out a chunk of meat, before the target escapes.

What Does the Scanner Say About His Power Level — When Ash feeds, the energy he consumes goes into a “reserve” of sorts, like the fuel tank in a car, to be burned as needed. The strength and extent of his abilities depends on his percentage at the time. At 0%, he basically becomes a regular human (though not mortal). When at 0%, Ash must find a meal within 24 hours or his condition will rapidly deteriorate. Human targets cannot provide more than a 50% fill unless Ash kills them, in which case the result is a 100% fill. Ash can go above 100%, but the excess energy will vanish if not used within six hours. Ash cannot feed on vampires (although he can still derive sexual enjoyment from them). Feeding on dhampyrs is possible, although the amount of power obtained is cut in half. Werewolves are the ideal partners, as Ash can easily fill himself to 100% without harming the target (although she may experience dizziness and sluggish reflexes afterwards). Faeries (or other immortal creatures, such as elves) provide ten times the power of a human, but feeding upon them takes ten times as long and is exponentially more difficult due to faeries’ suspicious and capricious nature. The resultant energy can have the same effect on Ash as rich food or strong alcohol on a human being. Feeding on a demon can temporarily sustain Ash in the same way an I.V. drip can keep a person alive, but is utterly tasteless and unsatisfying. Other creatures such as arachne can take longer to feed on, depending how old they are. If Ash were to describe it, he’d say their life force was “thicker”—more akin to maple syrup than water, and thus tougher to extract. By the same token, the energy obtained is more potent and lasts much longer.
Note: The effects of an incubus feeding upon an angelic or other divine being are not fully understood as such examples are so extremely rare. Anecdotal evidence varies from the incubus in question gaining new abilities (such as flight) to “overloading” and being erased from existence.

Rock Me Asmodeus — Ash perpetually radiates an aura of lustfulness. Females who come into contact with it experience sexual arousal (provided they have not been specially shielded beforehand), even if they know Ash’s true nature. Males experience a powerful urge to leave, submit, or stay out of Ash’s way. Eye contact doubles the effect, and skin-to-skin contact amplifies it fourfold. At 100% power, he can extend it to encompass a 10 metre radius centred on himself. By focusing it into a narrow beam as wide as a person, he can double that range. If he wishes not to be disturbed or alert others of his presence, he can withdraw the aura into himself—but anyone who touches him or whom he touches will still feel its effects.

Friends With Benefits — Ash’s energy reserves augment his physical abilities. At 100%, he can lift 2.5 tonnes, shatter concrete, dent steel, and run at 100kph, although doing these things will quickly deplete his supply. Incubi are not built for fighting, and Ash usually relies on seduction and guile to get out of scrapes. He is vulnerable to physical damage just like a human but is blessed with a regenerative capacity. At anywhere between 1% and 50% power, Ash heals twice as fast as a human. At 100% or above, he can regenerate tissue almost faster than it can be destroyed. If he bleeds out, his body will simply continue to function normally until it replenishes its blood supply. Severed limbs can be reattached, which is much faster than waiting for them to grow back. If he is decapitated, his body becomes inert until he can convince someone to reattach his head.

Human Appetites — As an incubus and not a “true” demon, Ash requires food and water. Without them, he will not die, but if he goes more than three days without eating or drinking he will develop a persistent and distracting discomfort. It could be compared to tinnitus, or the pain of a phantom limb, or an itch that just won’t go away. His body doesn’t produce waste, doesn’t menstruate when in female form, and doesn’t sweat unless he wants to. Regardless of when he last fed, Ash has to masturbate to completion at least once a day or else his motor functions will start to deteriorate and the compulsion to touch himself will become stronger and stronger. Ash breathes normally but if deprived of oxygen his lungs will simply cease functioning until such time as he is exposed to air again. Incubus semen is a potent component in several magical spells but evaporates rapidly unless placed in a specially-prepared vessel.

Starvation — When Ash is at 0% and goes 24 hours without finding a meal, his condition rapidly decays as follows:

• One day: Excruciating hunger pangs, like a human who has gone three weeks without food
  • One week: Loss of ability to appear human
  • One month: Loss of 50% of body weight, skin takes on desiccated appearance
  • One year: Complete loss of tangible, physical body; Ash is basically a spectre incapable of affecting solid objects

Out of the Picture — Incubi cannot be expelled from our dimension the way true demons can, but magical spells used to trap or repel demons work just fine on incubi. Summoning spells do not work on incubi, although Ash will still feel a strong “tug” toward a particular place. The best way to stop Ash permanently is to destroy 90% of his body mass. Without a physical form, he will vanish into the Hell realms and it could take him months or even years to find his way back to the physical world. Certain banishment rituals, if performed while Ash is trapped inside a ceremonial circle, can turn his body to ashes and exile him from the material plane… but such rites and the practitioners capable of performing them are few and far between. Holy water, or a divine emblem held by someone who truly believes in it, will give Ash third-degree burns that don’t heal until he feeds again (these burns are visible even on his illusory bodies). Religious scriptures recited by someone who truly believes in them deafens Ash and inflicts debilitating pain on him. Incantations and enchantments that repel demons also work on incubi. Touching a talisman of true love (such as a wedding ring from a successful marriage, or a gift given to the bearer by someone who truly loves them) causes Ash excruciating pain and petrifies his skin.

Miscellaneous — Ash is proficient in Krav Maga and the use of handguns and long guns, because even when you’re a supernaturally-empowered lust demon you still have run-ins with jealous husbands and jilted boyfriends. He speaks Aramaic, English, French, Spanish, Latin, Mandarin, and Swedish, plus werewolf tongue. He knows several words and phrases in Elvish but they are all insults or sexual innuendos. His tail is prehensile, so he can use it to grasp things or commit perverse, depraved sex acts.
“ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
— Gandalf

— Ω —
BACK… IN A LIMITED CAPACITY
Requests
Absences & Apologies
Ons and Offs

Zeta

Name:  Nyxia Tarantalos   
Sex:  Female
Species:  Arachne
Goal:  Serving the interests of insect and arachnid kind, searching for the perfect medium for her art
Height:  5'8"
Weight:  160 lbs
Character description:  As creatures have evolved over the ages, so to have the children of Arachne, the first and the mother of spiders.  While Nyxia can transform between the traditional centaur-humanoid-type arachnid form of her species, she favors a more humanoid appearance.  Some might describe her as beautiful, but many still would find her appearance somewhat unnerving. Her hair is white as spider silk, long wispy dresses cascade down her back.  Her eyes count six in total, three on either side of her face, the four outer ones a little smaller than her main ones.  Usually, she keeps the outer eyes shut, unless on the hunt.  All are jet black, lacking almost any sclera, which can making for an intimidating sight when all six are gazing at you.  Her olive-colored skin is lined with black tribal-esque tattoos across her forearms and legs in an old language only a few are privy to any longer.  While she walks on two legs, six long carapace legs extend from her lower back (though even these can be retracted and hidden with effort).  Possibly the most unnerving thing about Nyxia, however, is her smile, a row of white, perfectly sharp teeth with four fangs ready to sup upon an unwitting victim.

Bio: Nyxia is not entirely what you'd expect for the passive, vicious hunter one usually thinks a spider to be.  She is both motherly and vain at times, wise but curious, tender yet unforgiving, and above all, she is very curious.  She lives to feed and to feed her kin, but in the tradition of her ancestors, she is also an artist and a storyteller.  Much like the Arachne of mythology, she is a talented weaver, though a deadly one as well, sometimes using her victims in her canvas to bring her art to life.  Using the charm of her tales, she lures the unsuspecting into her web, filling their minds with beautiful words and illusions before sinking her venomous fangs into their tender flesh.  Let it never be said she wasn't compassionate.

History:  Produced by the union of a daughter of Arachne and a son of Anansi, it was inevitable that Nyxia would hunger for much more than the senseless hunting of any idiotic prey that fell victim to her web.  When her brothers and sisters burst from her mother's eggs, many of the children remained on their small island in the Mediterranean sea to build webs and nests and live among their kind.  Nyxia did not.  Instead of weaving simple tapestries like her sisters, she wove strong sails for rafts that carried her to surrounding lands, where she learned of the many peoples both from her mother's and father's homelands.  She never strayed too far from her family, though, always returning within the fortnight to hunt and care for the generations born after.

However, one day while exploring the waters, a great storm came and swept her far beyond her home sea, out into the wide open ocean.  Having no place to build a web, Nyxia tried to create nets to capture fish, but was unpracticed in the art and fed nearly not at all.  She drifted for days, possibly weeks, growing steadily weaker until she was certain that she could hear the pounding of Hades' great chariot, come to whisk her away.  The gods were kind, though, and soon Nyxia that it was not the sound of chariots and horse hooves, but the crashing of waves as they broke upon the sandy banks around her.  Nyxia had landed in on foreign shore.  She explored the land, but soon found herself friendless and alone, and unable to communicate with any of the local people, who looked upon her with terror.  The woman soon realized that for all her courage and exploration, she had truly been sheltered.  When the arachne witnessed the atrocities committed against her kind, she became incensed, and vowed to protect the lesser arachnids that could not defend themselves. 

After several fruitless attempts at brute force, Nyxia realized that flies were better lured with honey than venom.  She became accustomed with her new home, learning to mimic their ways and blend in, hunting with great skill, and only when necessary.  But hundreds of years passed, and the arachne slowly became complacent, a largely passive hunter who was content to watch the world from the shadows as ages came and went, with nothing and everything changing.  A change was coming however.  Nyxia could taste something faint, yet indescribable, something that might take her out of the shadows once more.

Powers/Weaknesses/Etc:

• Weaving:  If Nyxia can think it, she can probably weave it.  She can make small illusions and give them life, though they cannot exist outside the boundary of her influence.  I.e. - she can't create a decoy and leave it to run around New Orleans while she goes and does her thing.  She has to actively control it, a bit like a puppet master behind a curtain. Additionally, everything she creates is limited by the strength of her web silk, which can range from cloth flimsy to steel.  Nothing she produced quickly would be bullet proof, though enough layers would form an OK barrier against strikes or knives.
  • Carapace:  Spiders, like most with exoskeltons, bear a chitinous outershell that is resistant to blunt force and some piercing.  Arachnes have a carapace shell more similar to that of lobsters, though significantly thicker and stronger.  While it can easily deflect a knife strike or a punch from an average human, it would show damage from large caliber ammunition, and certainly would not withstand armor piercing rounds.
  • Leg Strength:  Spiders are remarkably nimble, and so are arachnes.  While in her arachnid form, Nyxia can leap about 40x her body length, and her top speed is about 70 mph.  This significantly decreases when she takes human form, managing at best about 10x her total length.  That said - she's not terribly strong in any other respect, and would probably max out at lifting maybe 1.5x her own weight.
  • Regenerative Capabilities:  Like a typical spider, Nyxia can lose a limb without it being fatal.  It will leave her significantly vulnerable, however, as it will take her anywhere from a few days to a week to regain the limb, which will be inherently weaker than her original limb for at least a month or so.  Decapitation, significant injuries to major organs, or similar will most definitely kill her, though.
  • Venom:  Nyxia's natural venom can incapacitate a full-grown man in 15 minutes, leaving his locomotion functions out of commission on the order of 6 hours, all depending on dosage size. Despite myths of arachne's being monstrous creatures, venom is largely meant to paralyze, not to kill.  Yes, her digestive juices will burn through organs, but she pumps those into her victims via her chelicerae only to help digestion.  To use the enzymes as a weapon, she would effectively have to induce vomiting - which she can do, though would really rather not.
  • Olives:  The very first Arachne came to be because of her disastrous weaving competition with the goddess Athena.  The olive tree, which was Athena's gift to Athens, became her sacred symbol, and thus olives are an anathema to arachnes.  For an arachne to ingest any olive product would not kill one outright, but would make one violently ill and leave them severely weakened for a time, like a nut allergy.
  • Feeding:  Arachnes are not limited to humanoid type creatures for food, though they are the most nutritious to choose from, particularly when part of the food source is the history itself.  They share a similar disadvantage with incubi/succubi in that they cannot eat too much of one certain type.  Feeding on the "wicked" alone would be like eating spicy curry for the rest of your life - indigestion and all, while eating only simpletons would be like supping on bread and water.

(For reference only)
O/O1x1 | A&A

Chreestafer

I'm really interested in this one :)

May go for a human hunter of sorts.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Bekah Boo

Go right ahead, someone who may hunt the creatures could be a fun twist.
Just post a character sheet and I'll send you a link to the OOC.

Ontan

And now, the considerably more complete character sheet. I've attached both a spoiler and coded version for convenience  :-)

Markus Blackdale

Player: Ontan

Name: Markus Blackdale
Species: Human (Scholar of the supernatural)
Goal: Safeguarding humanity.
Height: 186 cm (6’1”)
Weight: 82kg (181 lbs)

Character description: With wavy auburn hair and a pale complexion, it’s hard to mistake Markus’s European heritage… not that he’d try to hide it, anyway. Tailored suits, expensive accessories, and a swaggering gait strongly hint at his privileged upbringing, while his clipped British accent – a mangling of Scottish and English, for those with good ears – all but confirms his proximity to old-money. His physique is lean and toned, though it speaks more of time spent in metropolitan gyms rather than a lifestyle of hard physical exertion.

Despite his familiarity with wealth, however, it would be perilously incorrect to assume Markus was sheltered from the world’s evils. On the contrary, he’s immersed himself in the shadowy world of the supernatural and, armed with only his cunning and knowledge, he’s not only survived by thrived. There’s a daring glint to Markus’s chestnut eyes, and the sort of knowing smile that one only acquires from outwitting and destroying powerful adversaries.

Bio: With the self-assured conceit of a barrister or surgeon, Markus certainly doesn’t lack for confidence. His arrogance isn’t the most endearing of traits, of course, but it does come with certain benefits: he’s calm in a crisis, and makes for a confident planner even under stress. What’s more, his boundless ego also helps to insulate him against the nightmarish horrors of the supernatural world, which he finds himself constantly researching and occasionally confronting. After all, one can hardly go about banishing demons and tracking vampires if they’re of a timid disposition. There’s also a measure of benevolence to his character, though you’d have to squint to see it: conscious of his privileged upbringing, Markus feels somewhat obligated towards aiding those more vulnerable.

For all his ego, Markus is a neither a bully nor a fool. He has always been a scholar at heart, and his preference has always been to think or plan his way around a conflict rather than tackling it head on. Meticulous and Machiavellian, he makes up for a lack of brute force with his cunning, always making sure the figurative deck is stacked well and truly in his favour… or avoiding a confrontation until it is. In his mind, a level playing field is a needless risk, and best reserved as last resorts.

For all his appearances and mannerisms, Markus also has a few decidedly unscholarly tricks up his sleeve; they’d seem positively extraordinary were it not for his line of work. The most noteworthy of these skills are stunt driving (“You can’t run faster than a werewolf, trust me”), munition handling (“Dynamite is bloody useful stuff, but I quite like my fingers where they are”) and, worst of all, lock picking (“Don’t look at me like that! Incubuses don’t exactly invite hunters into their lair, you know…”). All said and done, though, Markus is no warrior; his marksmanship with a gun only extends to hitting stationary targets, and in any direct confrontation with supernatural forces, a quick escape is his only real option.

History: Astronomer, witch-doctor, antiquarian, stunt driver… Markus has spent fifteen years of his life pursuing a baffling variety of disciplines, but this eclectic hoarding of skills and knowledge has always been focussed towards a single overarching cause. An uninitiated observer wouldn’t know it, but Markus belongs to one of the oldest international communities ever created: the Star Council, a society of scholars dedicated to combating humanity’s supernatural threats.

Born to a wealthy British family, Markus was taught from a young age that his birthright came with onerous responsibilities: inviolable duties, in fact, that prevailed over politics, wars, and personal relationships. It seemed the latter held true even for his own family, as his (otherwise?) loving parents ensured that most of his childhood was spent flitting from one boarding school to another. Even vacations were usually spent away from home, with Marcus staying with ‘relatives’ who weren’t actually related to him: a spinster whose library held a collection of hideous things in glass jars, an excitable husband-wife archaeologist duo who unwittingly gave him nightmares with their otherworldly campfire stories, a self-proclaimed chieftain with huge bone piercings disfiguring his already ugly face, and so on. It was an unquestionably weird upbringing, but not necessarily an unhappy one for Markus. Opulence and obligation tempered one another, ensuring the boy was neither spoiled nor bitter as he grew into adolescence, and all his ‘relatives’, while outlandishly terrifying at first, always proved to be kind in their own strange way.

At the age of sixteen, Markus was formally inducted into the Star Council as a novice… and, for the first time in his life, he was confronted with the true enormity of the task ahead of him. There was a secret war being waged against humanity, and knowledge, he was told, was humanity’s single greatest weapon against the shadowy nightmares arrayed against it. He was further told that, in an age of international travel and digitalised information, there was really no excuse for not obtaining all the knowledge needed to fulfil his duties. So began Markus’s long tuition, which has continued indefinitely since. Most of his education has comprised of pseudo-religious means of combating the supernatural – drawing runes, identifying signs of magic, and so forth – and outside of supernatural circles, most people would dismiss his learning as a weakness for superstition, but for those with awareness of the supernatural, he’s a valuable ally or a sly, poisonous foe.

For all their scholarly overtures, though, it would be a dire mistake to underestimate the Star Council’s capacity for covert aggression, and Markus is no exception to this rule. All said and done, he considers the Council – and by extension, himself – to be the first and sometimes only line of defence against supernatural threats, and while he mightn’t be a soldier in the traditional sense, Markus has managed to embrace the Star Council’s penchant for indirect combat. Sometimes it’s a carefully orchestrated trap with runes and holy water, other times a banishing ritual conducted a hundred miles away from his quarry, and on a few occasions it’s even been the classic ‘silver bullet to the back’ routine. There have also been close shaves and bitter mistakes, of course, but Markus has always lived to tell the tale, and in his line of work that’s no small feat.

Both his studies and his vigil continue, and will likely do so for the rest of his life, but in recent months Markus has become increasingly distracted by whispers about a desperate conflict about to dawn. The Star Council has been amassing these hints and murmurs, and there are now rumours of shadowy forces sending out agents of their own, and a hunt for a bloodline of singular value that may well determine the future…

[b][size=14pt]Player: Ontan[/size][/b]

[float=left][IMG padding=5 width=275]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/3/3d/Rust_cohle_by_mischievous4you.jpg[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] Markus Blackdale
[b]Age:[/b] 30
[b]Sex:[/b] Male
[b]Species:[/b] Human (Scholar of the supernatural)
[b]Goal:[/b] Safeguarding humanity.
[b]Height:[/b] 186 cm (6’1”)
[b]Weight:[/b] 82kg (181 lbs)

[b]Character description:[/b] With wavy auburn hair and a pale complexion, it’s hard to mistake Markus’s European heritage… not that he’d try to hide it, anyway. Tailored suits, expensive accessories, and a swaggering gait strongly hint at his privileged upbringing, while his clipped British accent – a mangling of Scottish and English, for those with good ears – all but confirms his proximity to old-money. His physique is lean and toned, though it speaks more of time spent in metropolitan gyms rather than a lifestyle of hard physical exertion.

Despite his familiarity with wealth, however, it would be perilously incorrect to assume Markus was sheltered from the world’s evils. On the contrary, he’s immersed himself in the shadowy world of the supernatural and, armed with only his cunning and knowledge, he’s not only survived by thrived. There’s a daring glint to Markus’s chestnut eyes, and the sort of knowing smile that one only acquires from outwitting and destroying powerful adversaries.

[b]Bio:[/b] With the self-assured conceit of a barrister or surgeon, Markus certainly doesn’t lack for confidence. His arrogance isn’t the most endearing of traits, of course, but it does come with certain benefits: he’s calm in a crisis, and makes for a confident planner even under stress. What’s more, his boundless ego also helps to insulate him against the nightmarish horrors of the supernatural world, which he finds himself constantly researching and occasionally confronting. After all, one can hardly go about banishing demons and tracking vampires if they’re of a timid disposition. There’s also a measure of benevolence to his character, though you’d have to squint to see it: conscious of his privileged upbringing, Markus feels somewhat obligated towards aiding those more vulnerable.

For all his ego, Markus is a neither a bully nor a fool. He has always been a scholar at heart, and his preference has always been to think or plan his way around a conflict rather than tackling it head on. Meticulous and Machiavellian, he makes up for a lack of brute force with his cunning, always making sure the figurative deck is stacked well and truly in his favour… or avoiding a confrontation until it is. In his mind, a level playing field is a needless risk, and best reserved as last resorts.

For all his appearances and mannerisms, Markus also has a few decidedly unscholarly tricks up his sleeve; they’d seem positively extraordinary were it not for his line of work. The most noteworthy of these skills are stunt driving (“You can’t [i]run[/i] faster than a werewolf, trust me”), munition handling (“Dynamite is bloody useful stuff, but I quite like my fingers where they are”) and, worst of all, lock picking (“Don’t look at me like that! Incubuses don’t exactly invite hunters into their lair, you know…”). All said and done, though, Markus is no warrior; his marksmanship with a gun only extends to hitting stationary targets, and in any direct confrontation with supernatural forces, a quick escape is his only real option.

[b]History:[/b] Astronomer, witch-doctor, antiquarian, stunt driver… Markus has spent fifteen years of his life pursuing a baffling variety of disciplines, but this eclectic hoarding of skills and knowledge has always been focussed towards a single overarching cause. An uninitiated observer wouldn’t know it, but Markus belongs to one of the oldest international communities ever created: the Star Council, a society of scholars dedicated to combating humanity’s supernatural threats.

Born to a wealthy British family, Markus was taught from a young age that his birthright came with onerous responsibilities: inviolable duties, in fact, that prevailed over politics, wars, and personal relationships. It seemed the latter held true even for his own family, as his (otherwise?) loving parents ensured that most of his childhood was spent flitting from one boarding school to another. Even vacations were usually spent away from home, with Marcus staying with ‘relatives’ who weren’t actually related to him: a spinster whose library held a collection of hideous [i]things[/i] in glass jars, an excitable husband-wife archaeologist duo who unwittingly gave him nightmares with their otherworldly campfire stories, a self-proclaimed chieftain with huge bone piercings disfiguring his already ugly face, and so on. It was an unquestionably weird upbringing, but not necessarily an unhappy one for Markus. Opulence and obligation tempered one another, ensuring the boy was neither spoiled nor bitter as he grew into adolescence, and all his ‘relatives’, while outlandishly terrifying at first, always proved to be kind in their own strange way.

At the age of sixteen, Markus was formally inducted into the Star Council as a novice… and, for the first time in his life, he was confronted with the true enormity of the task ahead of him. There was a secret war being waged against humanity, and knowledge, he was told, was humanity’s single greatest weapon against the shadowy nightmares arrayed against it. He was further told that, in an age of international travel and digitalised information, there was really no excuse for not obtaining [i]all[/i] the knowledge needed to fulfil his duties. So began Markus’s long tuition, which has continued indefinitely since. Most of his education has comprised of pseudo-religious means of combating the supernatural – drawing runes, identifying signs of magic, and so forth – and outside of supernatural circles, most people would dismiss his learning as a weakness for superstition, but for those with awareness of the supernatural, he’s a valuable ally or a sly, poisonous foe.

For all their scholarly overtures, though, it would be a dire mistake to underestimate the Star Council’s capacity for covert aggression, and Markus is no exception to this rule. All said and done, he considers the Council – and by extension, himself – to be the first and sometimes only line of defence against supernatural threats, and while he mightn’t be a soldier in the traditional sense, Markus has managed to embrace the Star Council’s penchant for indirect combat. Sometimes it’s a carefully orchestrated trap with runes and holy water, other times a banishing ritual conducted a hundred miles away from his quarry, and on a few occasions it’s even been the classic ‘silver bullet to the back’ routine. There have also been close shaves and bitter mistakes, of course, but Markus has always lived to tell the tale, and in his line of work that’s no small feat.

Both his studies and his vigil continue, and will likely do so for the rest of his life, but in recent months Markus has become increasingly distracted by whispers about a desperate conflict about to dawn. The Star Council has been amassing these hints and murmurs, and there are now rumours of shadowy forces sending out agents of their own, and a hunt for a bloodline of singular value that may well determine the future…

Bekah Boo

I am opening the interest check back up briefly for an few players who may be interested in becoming an major villain in our little story. Specifics are to be discussed over PM as I will go over what it will all entail though I am looking for an few players who would be interested in the role of ruthless, hell bent and of course merciless in their pursuits.
If interested please message me as the roles are few but needed as I already have one and may need a few more.

Thank you,
Bekah

Bekah Boo

I have two people interested, there is one more slot open so please don't be shy!
Villains please come and flock up our little game ;3

Bekah Boo

Searching still for an being of power that wishes to harness the pure blood for his own interest, think of ruling the world and if interested do apply!

FarFetched

I heard you were looking for kind old men. Mind if I take a swipe?

Bekah Boo

By all means go right ahead, just message me any questions or ideas you have.

FarFetched

FarFetched

Name: Old Man Borgia
Species: Human? Aw hell naw.
Goal: To Put Food On The Table.
Height: 6"6
Weight: 1000 Lbs (Subject to change)

Borgia is a jolly, portly, whale of a man. Every inch of him is nearly bursting at the seams with creativity, Southern Hospitality, and rolls of fat. He is obese, to the extent that his skin can barely hold all the weight in. Sometimes it looks as if he could split open at any given moment.
A Picture Of Him On His Trip To Cancun

Bio: There are many monsters in this world. Creatures that are powerful, fell, and terrible. What most of these dark beasts have in common, though, is Hunger. A Hunger for sex; for human flesh; for the hunt; for blood. In many ways, Hunger is what truely makes a monster so... monstrous. Thinking in those terms, you could say that Old Man Borgia is the greatest monster of them all. At the very least, he's certainly the hungriest. What's even worse, he likes to think he has a sense of humor.

History: Many stories start at the beginning. Borgia's might start at the beginning of beginnings, alongside other minor occurrences such as the Dawn of Time, and the first war between Heaven and Hell. Borgia regrets that he could never find the apple that started it all, as he would of found it delicious. Among his many great achievements, Borgia credits himself with the creation of hushpuppies, fast-food in general, and various other leading causes of heart-failure. His contemporaries at work occasionally refer to him as being "In Big Leagues," and he likes to agree with them. After all, he is pretty great.

Bekah Boo

We are still in the look for a few more villain or villain types, as well as open to more characters so feel free to give our thread an glance and message or Fury Aphrodisia as well.

All are welcome so don't be shy!

Nemnem

If the need is still there, I can augment my previous application a bit. He could be a villain quite easily. >_>

Bekah Boo

If interested please message the application to both myself and Fury and we will see.