Castlevania: Written In Blood (Series crossover. Villians & Heroes welcome)

Started by Vergil1989, November 06, 2018, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

Quote from: Vergil1989 on November 20, 2018, 10:43:25 AM
Assuming they're still interested, we're still waiting on several people yet Florence, so don't sweat it, truly.  With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I'd not be surprised if those same people ended up popping up after this latest holiday.

Yurie, Gardsorm, Brittiby, GrayDreamer, Kathyan, and anyone else that's shown interest, you're still free to get profiles together, but if you can't or no longer wish to do so, let us know is all we ask.  :D

Yeah I'll do my best to work something up next couple days, but I'm probably not gonna get to it tonight or tomorrow (cause of the holiday).
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Florence on November 21, 2018, 11:17:27 PM
Yeah I'll do my best to work something up next couple days, but I'm probably not gonna get to it tonight or tomorrow (cause of the holiday).

Don't stress the Holiday time, I'm currently working on posting catch up. Finally managed to get my muse going.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Vercile

Vergil1989

Not at all.  :D  I think we currently need more heroes than villains, although I'm not sure if we need more men or not off the top of my head.  Still, either way, we'd be happy to have you Vercile.  :D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vercile

Vergil1989

That's fine.  :D  And keep in mind, you can potentially do two people, although unless you're told otherwise, most are only allowed one Hero and one Villain.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Vergil1989

With mentions of the Brotherhood of Light and the fact you've used music from Lords of Shadow, is it safe to assume you're using lore and such more from the soft reboot rather than the 'canon' series?  I'm merely curious, but while I'll have to consult with Serenade, I like what I see so far.  You're not approved just yet, but you look to have a pretty good grasp of things already.

SweetSerenade

Feel free to pm the profile as well. I'm working black Friday, so can't review anything till I'm home after 7pm PST.

Florence

Just wanna give a heads up and let everyone know I am working on my sheets, but I won't be able to finish them up just yet. I've got a D&D game in about an hour. I'll see if I can finish them up after I'm done!

Ideally I was hoping to finish them the other day, but... tbh I drank WAAAAAAAY too much on thanksgiving and really had to recover, lol...
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Kathyan

Name: Charlotte Aulin
Canon/OC: Canon (Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin)
Alignment: Heroine
Race:  Human
Sexual Orientation:  Bisexual
Appearance
Charlotte's a somewhat short young girl with long brunette hair, deep blue eyes and beautifully fair skin. Quite attractive to the view she has had a generous development over the course of the last two years but still keeps a naive and cute look on a face that not even her know-it-all attitude can change.

She wears an scholar outfit and a matching short blue cape, although her outfit has been customized to be quite scanty and lecherous with a short skirt that can hardly conceal her shapely thighs and tight ass and stockings that further accentuate her enticing figure. She claims it is because of comfort and practicality but it is unclear to most just how can that be truth. Her shirt does a good job at keeping her breasts in its place although it has troubles to be discreet at it and the handkerchief she keeps at her neck to keep her cleavage out of sigh actually works in the opposite way as it actually makes each of tits even more notorious as it hangs between them.
Skills/Magic/Abilities:   
Transmutation: While one might think that a girl carrying nothing but a book is completely defenseless they would be wrong about Charlotte, with her magic she can transform one thing into other, albeit only temporarily, but more than enough to defend herself in close combat. Sheets of paper can became shields, written words can became swords and with a little more concentration she can even bestow limited conscience to objects and even simulate life. There are times she has even transformed herself or Jonathan into other beings but this leaves her completely vulnerable while it lasts.

Elemental Mastery: Pyrokinesis, Hydrokinesis, Cryokinesis, Electrokinesis are some of the abilities she can use. Having mastered this allows her to use any of them albeit just in the most forms only still needing a tome focused in a proper element to unleash true destructive power.

Healing Powers: Channeling her magic though a holy tome Charlotte can heal light wounds at easy and more serious injury given enough but she can also cure ailment like poison, curses and diseases as long as she has a sample of what caused the ailment. If they are willing she can also return heal vampirism too.

Bookish: having spent most of her young life reading books and inside of libraries Charlotte has acquired what some would say are the basic skills of a librarian, cataloging, organizing and of course researching and coding and decoding techniques that help finding books (or other objects or pieces of information) in any library or in a similarly organized system. She is also knowledgeable about old books and is familiar with folklore and artifacts of legend.

Multilingual: While she is not the most sociable person in the world nor has she traveled to many countries Charlotte still knows to speak a huge amount of languages. Granted, most of them are dead tongues that are required to read ancient tomes and magical books but she also speaks the languages of neighboring countries of central, eastern and southern Europe.

Secret Potential: It has been said by the church that she is the final weapon against Dracula but it has never been cleared out as to how she can release such potential or how she can use it. Until now it remains a mystery to her as this does not refer to the spells she has learned over the years but being that she has no other abilities that could prove useful against the lord of vampires she doesn't know what to think or where to look for answers. At first she thought it could this could be related to her family lineage so she made tests using her own blood on lesser vampires but with no result at all, she never thought of using other bodily fluids though. It is also unclear if by referring Dracula it was meant that this power could be used against any vampire or just particularly against Dracula himself, if the latter was truth it could be taken advantage by other vampires who seek to overthrow him.

Flaws
Physically unskilled: Sure she is just a human will all the vulnerabilities this means when facing the creatures of the night but on top of that she never has had any physical training at all and has always depende on her magic to do everything. Charlotte is just a simple and vulnerable human no mater her unknown secret potential but she also has barely any physical skills at all and has troubles even reaching high cabinets or shelves or jumping over short gaps without depending on magic or else's help.

Tome dependency: While she has great magic power and can cast very powerful and complex spells Charlotte always depends on magical tomes to cast her spells. She might not need to actually read said books in the case of most simple spells but she still channels her magic through written words so she is always carrying at least one grimoire with her.

Slow spellcasting: While it is true that Charlotte holds great magical power and that she doesn't exhaust as much as other magicians do is it also truth that she also takes longer than usual to cast her magic. Needing the right book is already an issue for that but she still has to focus her energy to draw the power enclosed in arcane writings to do her bidding. The most simple and basic attacks hold no issue at all but when she faces a situation that requires a particular powerful spell of above of the ordinary precision she might take twice as long or ever more than usual to achieve such feat. Jonathan usually protects her while she is at it so she has never had to worry about it before though.

Busybody: Her thirst for knowledge is mostly focused but not limited to books and Charlotte enjoys sticking her noses in other people's business and give advice on how they should proceed according to her own limited points of view. Meddling into stranger's affair has most often than not caused her troubles but just as with her feelings this is something that is far beyond her own control.

Personality:
Charlotte is intelligent but she is overconfident in her books and knowledge she has read limiting her points of view and decisions, she might take a little too long to act as she goes over all the information she has on a subject before choosing a course of action. She takes a logical approach to everything which makes her seem rather unemotional at times and has troubles being empathic towards others, this is true to a lesser degree with Jonathan but still something that hinder any potential relationship between them, yet she is still very helpful and kind and very talkative as well. In fact she likes to talk a lot in any given situation sometimes because she really wants to help as she meddles into others business but some others because she just wants to show off that she is quite knowledgeable. After her encounter with Stella and Loretta she became even more kinder and opened her heard to the possibility that vampires can be saved of the terrible fate that curses them.

Always taking a logical approach to everything Charlotte also trusts more in things she can count and organize and measure than in feelings and emotions and while that doesn't prevent her from developing and showing her feelings, in fact she can become quite excited when finding a new book to read, she never stops to think about her own feelings and if confronted with them she would have a hard time admitting them. Having grown with Jonathan since childhood she is used to see him more like a big brother than as something else but that's because the right situation has never happened for her to explore her true feelings towards him.

Background Information
Charlotte is affiliated to the church but not even she with all the books and documents she has read has access to all the information there is or to the truth of the whole history behind the lord of vampires and his crusade against humanity. She was told though that she was to be the final weapon to finally finish his never ending cycle of evil once and for all but the manipulative clergy never told her how she could unleash her true potential most probably because they had some plans to use her but they just made her believe that they didn't know and that she had to discover this truth by herself. To this end she joined with her childhood friend and inheritor of the legendary Vampire Killer in the mission of looking the castle of Dracula and defeating him.

They were able to find it and after Jonathan discovers how to unleash the power of the whip they together are able to defeat Dracula although not definitively, knowing that he will come again to haunt mankind Charlotte begins some research and experiments attempting to discover her secret potential with the help of Stelle and Loretta. It is in this short time that Charlotte has a small affair with the twin sisters although one that ends abruptly as her research goes unsuccessful. Not admitting her own feelings but also doing it for a greater good Charlotte continues her travels in the look for answers.

Who would have thought that after two years of searching her quest would bring her back to the place where the castle was, she found out that Brauner could have clues about what she was looking for. Given his lack of loyalty towards Dracula it was not hard to believe that he was also investigating how to bring him to a definitive end but when Charlotte was researching into the left ashes she didn't expect to find a frameless canvas, one that engulfed her and Jonathan before being blown away by the wind to be lost and forgotten for over a century.

Additional Notes:

Name: Jonathan Morris
Canon/OC: Canon (Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin)
Alignment: Hero???, I'm open to have him mind controlled/corrupted and be a villain
Race:  Human
Sexual Orientation:  Straight

WIP

Appearance

Skills/Magic/Abilities
Whip Mastery
Weapon Training
Superb Athletics
Martial Arts Techniques
Iron Will

Flaws:
Hot Headed
Overconfident
Family Resentment?

Personality:

Background Information:

Additional Notes:

Vergil1989

Not a bad start Kath.  :D  I especially like what you've put together for Charlotte so far, but as always, Serenade will be looking these over as well once you're able to get the rest filled in.  Either way, thanks for these and take care!

And Florence, you're still fine my friend.

As for me, we're trying to ride out a pretty bad blizzard on this end.  (Check my A/A page for details).  We've already lost power three different times.  While it was very brief, it's still pretty worrisome given our situation here.  We're managing though.  :D

Kathyan

Thanks and don't worry I'll wait for Serenade to hear what she has to say, things are subject to changes of course. Once I thought about it I also liked the possibility of Jonathan being evil if that's fine, that's why I didn't write anything about him, but that is also just a possibility he could just be a good guy.

Anyway I hope things gets better over there Vergil, take good care of yourself and your brother.

DrMcQuark

Hey all. Just wanted to pop in to say I'm still here. Holidays in central FL are... challenging and I've been working some long hours.

In addition, I'm have trouble with my character. I've run through a few drafts and his circumstances would either have driven him insane, reducing him to a whimpering pool of a human, or making him completely unbelievable. I'll keep at it or maybe try something different.

SweetSerenade

Anyone with character issues can feel free to pm me and Vergil for help. Also sorry I haven't gotten to characters yet, recovering from working both the holiday and the ridiculous day after. For those who don't know I work at GameStop.

DrMcQuark

Quote from: SweetSerenade on November 26, 2018, 12:29:51 PM
Anyone with character issues can feel free to pm me and Vergil for help. Also sorry I haven't gotten to characters yet, recovering from working both the holiday and the ridiculous day after. For those who don't know I work at GameStop.

So you're saying you were bored those days? ;)

My wife and I are both employed at a large resort in central Florida and I've worked during the Holidays in retail at a local comic shop. We feel your pain.

Out of curiosity, what's the most asked or dumbest question you got?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: DrMcQuark on November 26, 2018, 12:55:08 PM
So you're saying you were bored those days? ;)

My wife and I are both employed at a large resort in central Florida and I've worked during the Holidays in retail at a local comic shop. We feel your pain.

Out of curiosity, what's the most asked or dumbest question you got?

I was crying both days, actually. Humans show their lack of humanity best during this season. XD

And as for most asked question

"Which is better Xbox or Playstation "

And I just stare them dead in the face and go "N64." And walk away.

Vergil1989

I might have a PS 4 but I wouldn't turn my nose up at an XBox.  Stupid people and their stupid console war BS lol.

Still, at least it's over now Serenade.  Hopefully you'll be able to relax.  I know I'm just glad I finished with the antibiotic I was on since I was afraid to sneeze, let alone cough too hard for several days straight.  I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.  ;D

Gardsorm

I'll take any system at this point but I have a clear bias on how I want to proceed, haha. Namely PS4 = Switch > whichever I didn't get first > X-Box. All comes down to the games I want, really.

Also getting ready to slowly start crafting a sheet. Wanted to ask:

1) Devil Forgemasters, are they required to be human, or can they have once been human?
2) I don't intend to depart too much from the concept of what they did in CoD, though I might make new creations for each type in order to let our Hector keep the originals. Would this be acceptable?
3) Trying to think of other questions but I just woke up and can't imagine them.  :P So far I have an idea for a rather scholarly/knowledge-seeking Devil Forgemaster who's mostly given up on humanity and seeks to invoke evolution in willing (and maybe unwilling?) survivors to bolster Dracula's forces. Almost a medieval/supernatural scientist in a way with fondness for the occult.
4) I thiiiink that's all I have for now as far as queries go. x_x

Vergil1989

While I think it's implied Devil Forgemasters are typically human due to the very nature of their strange craft, I don't think there's anything outright saying they have to be merely human, so you're free to go either way with that in mind.  And since he's into evolving stuff, rather than simply mass producing, although I imagine Hector can do the same thing once he realizes what your guy's doing, I can easily see his Innocent Devils being different.  Besides, every person is unique anyway, and while there might be certain types and a limited number at that in the game, doesn't mean you have to stick with those, so long as they aren't anything too crazy lol.  So I'm not seeing a problem here honestly.  ;D

DrMcQuark

Quote from: SweetSerenade on November 26, 2018, 02:20:25 PM
I was crying both days, actually. Humans show their lack of humanity best during this season. XD

And as for most asked question

"Which is better Xbox or Playstation "

And I just stare them dead in the face and go "N64." And walk away.

Many are the times my wife has come home either insanely angry or crying. I moved into a support job years ago and that's a good thing since I would have been fired or charged with assault years ago.

One of my favorite questions: "Where is <attraction in a different company's park>?" "Well, it's at <other company's park>." "No it isn't. It was here last year."

DrMcQuark

Okay. One more question.

Can vampires be photographed or digitally recorded?

Vergil1989

I don't see why they can't, so yes.  :D  Oh I understand there's myths that say otherwise, but not all of them are true and the ones that are seem more to do with holy and regular water, stakes through the heart, and even then the regular water thing could be circumnavigated to an extent since a Viking vampire is able to sail a boat, and even take baths.  So yes, for the purposes of this I'd say yes.

Gardsorm

Very much heavily work in progress, but putting this up so I can slowly crack away at it! I'm not out of the running yet, just started pushing myself back into activity on E.

WIP Sheet

Name: Nicholas
Canon/OC: OC
Alignment: Villain
Race: Half-Demon Devil Forgemaster
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance: (Left pic is past appearance, right is present) At first glance a very unassuming person, Nicholas stands at a height of 5'7 with a head of semi-long blue hair going just far enough past his chin. His eyes are initially observed to be a more normal green, at least until one starts realizing they can pulse with an otherworldly glow. His build is rather lithe and lean, seemingly not someone who engages in strenuous physical activity, though he is not above performing light exercise.

His true appearance tends to unsettle average humans much more, possessing a pair of curled horns, small wings that are still sturdy enough to afford him flight, and a spaded tail not unlike that of a demon. At one point human, Nicholas has since given up on his humanity and chosen a more 'ideal' form to survive in the future.
Skills/Magic/Abilities:

Devil Forgemaster - Though not serving Dracula directly before this part of his life, Nicholas took to the art of Devil Forging quite well. At first it was innocent, making little more than friends to keep him company, but over the years as his outlook twisted, so too did his craft. Now he makes minions simply to protect locations, deter alloes, or assist others. However, he possesses his own slew of Innocent Devils as well, a more dangerous and utterly loyal variety of entity capable of being brought to life by him. These are his personal vanguard, his closest friends and trusted allies... However, the slip through time has made it difficult for him to recall a proper pact with them, and so must earn his contract with them once more in an unfamiliar time.

Arcane Ability - The average Devil Forgemaster possesses a good physical form, and those beyond them stand at the pinnacle of perfection. Nicholas, however, was not as physically gifted as his equals. Instead he trained his mind and spirit, through texts, scriptures, and most importantly grimoires. His weapon of choice proves to be one such Grimoire, a book modern society has come to know as the Ars Goetia. It is also this book that lends the myriad of beings that Nicholas conjures for Dracula's army from. In addition, a number of spells make themselves available to him to afford him a means of battle alongside his Innocent Devils.

Brilliant Scientist - As inhumane as his experiments can be, one cannot deny the intellect and focus that goes into such tests. From the making, mixing, and merging of chemicals to the results they have on a myriad of different host bodies, his own included, his endeavors to pursue knowledge and evolution both in himself and humanity as a whole shine lights equally on both his brilliance and his madness.

Unbreakable Bond - As a villainous Devil Forgemaster, it's easy to assume he views all that he makes as little more than pawns and minions, and for the most part people would be right. Creative access to 72 different potential spirits and the ability to mass produce them do not weigh heavily in Nicholas mind, but when it comes to his IDs, it's a very different story. They are perhaps the closest thing he has to friends and family now, and though striking down one of his IDs means he must spend time waiting for it to regenerate, it's a very quick way to rouse anger in the man. In return his dedication to their growth and we'll being assures him thay they will never abandon him when he needs them the most.

Attentive - Nicholas did not come this far in life being too careless. Whether with the naked eye, a sensation of magic, or the aid of his IDs, he can pick up on things such as clues of an invasion, traps lying in wait, secret passageways, fitting ritual grounds, and more. He also retains information quite well, and so a surprise attack that has caught him unawares once before may be less likely to work the next time.

Continuous Advance - Success or failure in an experiment, victory or defeat in a mission, win or lose in any aspect of his life does not keep Nicholas down for long. He is a man who needs to remain in activity to always advance further, and his forward momentum is rarely stopped once he becomes motivated. The more attractive a thought, an experiment, a battle, or anything that happens to catch his eye, the more intently he'll pursue it until he's satisfied... Then he moves on to the next activity.
Flaws:
Narrow-minded - Nicholas has no more faith in humanity, writing them off as nothing but a race of servitors and foolish beings who simply work to destroy what they do not understand. He feels they are better suited to be worked on to achieve greater forms by discarding their humanity, but this leaves him prone to getting surprised by human ingenuity.

Workaholic - He toils endlessly, day and night, to achieve the nest results possible at the cost of his health and some would argue sanity. If allowed to work for too long, he can exhaust himself for more than several days at a time and be rendered into an extended comatose state, which lasts as little as half a week to a full week of time. Fortunately his lack of humanity means this isn't entirely fatal to him, but it does severely set back any preestablished time tables.

Human Rights Violator He's a bad guy, and he's always on the look out for fresh and (un)willing test subjects for experimentation. Sometimes these experiments bear fruit, sometimes they do not have the desired outcome and are instead repurposed. No matter what, Nicholas is always pleased to see how things turn out and eagerly looks forward to the next test... For better or worse.

Seeming lack of Empathy - Despite the smiles he often gives, one can feel they are perhaps the coldest smiles one will ever experience. He seems to have not an ounce of care for enemy or ally alike, simply working with the people necessary to further their ultimate goal. Only his personal Innocent Devils seem to earn any sense of care from him, an aspect rarely observed by enemies. If he shows care to anyone else, he hides this fact quite well.

Holy Arms - Due to his half-demon nature, Nicholas has invited a newfound weakness to certain holy weapons. While something akin to the Vampire Killer is not as lethal to him as the average vampire, items such as Holy Water, Holy Fire, and other such means deal much greater damage to him. His human aspectacular keeps these from being immediately fatal, but continued exposure without treatment will surely destroy him.
Personality: A studious sort, Nicholas seems to have a perpetually kind amd calm personality that is capable of instilling a sense of calmness or relaxation in others... Making his true nature. However, those of keener instincts or are often wary will feel nothing but an unsettling feeling of concern over his calm demeanor. Mistakes and setbacks do not seem inspire anger within him, or if they do, he seems to have a very high tolerance for it. His voice tends to distort the more frustrated he gets, which is the earliest sign one is causing him visible irritation.

Due to his tradecraft and his general persobality, he is often not bound by the rules and laws of others, and only seeks the laws set by his master as his guiding force. Willing or not, subjects at his hands will be played with and experimented on until he canforce a change or evolution in their being to make them 'superior' to a normal human. Often times his lack of faith in humanity csn leave him surprised at what truly determined ones can perform, but he's of the mind that anything a normal human can do, an evolved one can do better.
Background Information
Many a time ago, the period of life Nicholas likes to pretend never existed took place. A young child who often found it difficult to make friends or even fit in among others, he was always considered an oddity even among other children. Growing up did not change much for him, but over time he started to dabble in darker arts for the innocent reason of having friends who would play with him. Thus one act would forever place a stigmata on him, one that would demonize him in the eyes of humanity. An attempt was made by forces of the Church to purge the child from existence, but instead became little more than a widespread massacre between the church and innocents caught between the unholy soulbound creatures that defended Nicholas.

Over the years his craft grew stronger, unwittingly supplying loyal servants for a much darker force, to the point where it was assumed he worked in service of the famous Lord Dracula. Time and again, he was forced to relocate all across the land, eventually coming to resent humanity and what they represented. Eventually he came to understand what he was performing was the act of Devil Forging, a dark art once employed by those loyal to Dracula, now scattered to the lands and shrouded in secrecy. His acts drew surviving servants of the dark lord, who helped Nicholas refine his power for the day he would be able to join his lord in conquest of humanity. Nicholas came to understand this notion as most semblances of humanity had no place in this ideal world, and so he sought to better himself for the task... By changing himself first.

Tests were run, experiments were performed, atrocities were committed, all in the name of advancing to a higher stage, and at some point Nicholas cast away his moralities to seek this outcome by experimenting on others... Only once did he manage to perfect the outcome did he apply the fruits of his research to himself, shedding his humanity and inviting a new existence into the world through his body. No longer purely human, Nicholas was now part demon and ready for grander designs.

Unfortunately, it seemed this evolution had come a tad too late, and forces who worked against Dracula and his ilk came upon his hideout. Torched from the outside, they sought to incinerate the helllion before he could be allowed to further pervert the land with unholy abominations... What they didn't realize was that before he could be confirmed dead, unfamiliar beings brought him with them to times unknown, deciding now was time for him to truly put his skills to work for the big man himself in a period of time that was not quite ready to defend themselves from the forces of darkness, or so it seemed...
Additional Notes:
1) No worries, despite the way he works, everyone's input will be taken into account when it comes to inflicting experiments and other possible unpleasantness on people.

Vergil1989

Not a bad work in progress so far Gards.  ;D  Given his dyed blue hair and street looking clothes, I'd imagine he's more of the modern sort of person?  It's cool if he's not, that was just the impression I got was all.  I'm eager to see the rest though whenever you get around to it.  Good luck!

Gardsorm

Quote from: Vergil1989 on December 05, 2018, 03:36:48 PM
Not a bad work in progress so far Gards.  ;D  Given his dyed blue hair and street looking clothes, I'd imagine he's more of the modern sort of person?  It's cool if he's not, that was just the impression I got was all.  I'm eager to see the rest though whenever you get around to it.  Good luck!

I hadn't intended it, but I hadn't exactly settled on a style either! I chose that one incase he needed to hide out in modern times, more or less. =p Though at the same time I do have other pics of him with clothes more befitting earlier eras and the like, such as: