The Voyage of the U.S.S. Orgasm (System Game) In Need of Green Women!

Started by The Great Triangle, July 28, 2009, 06:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

The Ero-Ero are an alien society with spaceships powered by the sexual energy of sentient life forms.  They voyage throughout the stars, and between dimensions, engaging in various missions of compassion while they search for stimulating beings to power their ships.  Your characters were all abducted by the Ero-Ero, and used to power their ship, until an asteroid struck the vessel, killing all of the Ero-Ero and critically damaging the ship.  The U.S.S. Orgasm is constantly hungry for sexual energy, and makes arousal and sex while aboard impossible.  To power the ship, the party must travel to various alien worlds, and create vast amounts of sexual energy by engaging in kinky sex with green women. 

I'll be using the rifts system for the game, which can accomidate characters from most any setting.  I can also hand out random characters if you don't want to think of an origin.  The system will be a small part of the game, and it will mostly be used to deal with the combat that shows up.  (both in space and while hunting for sex) 

I plan to run the game at a bondage exotic rating, unless there's a clamour to run the game non consensual.

We're also looking for some people to play female characters, especially denizens of the alien planets the party visits.  Such roles can easily be temporary if a player wishes.  The first planet visited in the game will be the system of Kataru Epsilon III, an idyllic planet dominated by catgirls in power armor.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Cosmo_ac

Oh,this sounds very interesting.  Do yu have a link to the system we'd use?

The Great Triangle

Not really.  The system is very simple though, and I'd rather that the players looked at it as little as possible.  (It is very unbalanced, and the game won't work at all if players are trying to game the system) 

The game has eight attributes: 

IQ, which affects a character's skills, and can limit a character if it is too low.
Mental Attractiveness, which affects how memorable and charismatic a character is
Mental Endurance, which affects how well a character can resist outside mental forces
Physical Prowess, which affects a character's skill at combat
Physical Strength, which affects damage while using melee weapons and lifting capacity
Physical Beauty, which is simple attractiveness
Speed, which is how quickly a character can move

Characters receive a number of skills, which have percentage ratings.  A player simply rolls under on a d100 to make a skill check, with modifiers depending on the difficulty of the task.

Combat is resolved in the form of melees, 15 second rounds where characters exchange attacks.  A character gets a number of actions in each melee determined by their combat skill, which can be used for attack or defense.  Defending against attacks is generally extremely important in a gunfight, but less important in a brawl.  A character's fighting style and class will grant bonuses to certain combat manuvers, rolled on a d20. 

Normally, a player rolls an attack roll opposed by the defender's defense roll, but if the defender makes no defense, than the attacker merely has to get a 5 or higher to hit. 

Characters have Damage Capacity and hit points.  Damage Capacity represents the ability to take minor, fleeting wounds, while hit points reflect a character's overall physical wellness.  Hit point damage tends to be very very bad.

Powerful weapons and attacks like laser cannons, giant robots stepping on people, and most forms of magic deal a special form of damage called Mega Damage.  Each Mega Damage is equal to 100 normal damage, and generally, the only way to survive it is to wear Mega Damage armor, or use magical or psionic abilities to protect yourself from mega damage.  It is possible to survive a direct hit from a mega damage threat, but cybernetic reconstruction or magical healing will be required. 

Mega Damage armor has mega damage capacity, which absorbs mega damage like hit points.  When armor is out of mega damage capacity, it blows open, but the occupant survives in most cases.  Certain very powerful beings have inherent mega damage capacity, in place of hit points.  These beings are usually supernatural creatures, and often have weaknesses to substances like silver which deal mega damage to them.

Ons and Offs

Cosmo_ac

are we humans, or can we play aliens, and if we play aliens, do we have limits to what we can play?  I do admit, the idea of playing an alien that can control his body on a moleculer level to some degree sounds appealing.

The Great Triangle

A molecular control alien is a valid character choice.  I'd probobly stat it up as a psionic character, though I could  fit in the abilities as more mundane.  (Psychic powers are stronger because they're limited by inner strength) 

Your character would also have a class outside of being an alien, unless you were part of an extremely unimaginateive, traditional, or long lived race. 

Ons and Offs

Hunter

*familiar with Rifts (though it HAS been a while)*

Peg me as interested.  Probably a super powered vagabond.  :)

The Great Triangle

If anybody lacks a character concept, I can quite easily hand out a random one.  :-) 

Ons and Offs

Doomsday

Quote from: The Great Triangle on July 29, 2009, 02:57:09 AM
If anybody lacks a character concept, I can quite easily hand out a random one.  :-)

I would be interested in a random char.

Empyrean

Sounds interesting, but I've never played RIFTS before. Off the top of my head I'm thinking of someone from a scholarly background who might have been a scientist or something from a world where everyone was telepathic or otherwise psionic, but that's all I've got at the moment.

The Great Triangle

A telepathic scientist would be allowable.  Your race would probobly have your choice of reduced endurance, strength, dexterity, or beauty to help balance a very high level of psychic powers. 

Since a lot of PCs are likely to be psychic types, I'll be having all PCs get tested for latent psychic talent.  25% of those the Ero-Ero kidnap have latent psychic ability, and this makes an individual 15% more resistant to psychic powers.  (Psychic powers may or may not have manifested for a latent talent) 

Ons and Offs

Elohim

Muse

*chuckleS*  This is SO bloody tempting! 

What pace are you wanting to run this game at?  If I can't allways post more than once every two days, is that often enough? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

The Great Triangle

That might be problematic, though I have no trouble with running the game slow.  I've worked out things so that each round of combat should resolve within four sets of posts.  (one for the attacker, one for the defender, one for the counterattack, and one to resolve the defense.) 

I may work on structuring the game to make things work more elegantly.  I'm thinking of having a thread for the USS Orgasm, a thread for the various alien planets the party visits, and a thread for resolving combat in.  If simultaneous combats occur, there should me multiple combat threads, to keep things clean and neat.  The game will probobly involve the party splitting and engaging in individual plot arcs in small teams quite often, so if posting rates can be matched up, it should work fine.

Trying to keep time continuous in a play by post game is a losing effort, and I'm not going to be trying.  Players are free to say that they were on a planet for three days while other parts of the party spent 45 minutes in heavy combat cleaning out xenomorphs on the ship, then have them meet together at the same time.  It's wierd, but as long as players don't abuse or call attention to it, it should work out fine.  (I blame relativity, and the fact that that nearly every creature in the multiverse speaks a language called "American.")  Even on the same planet, time discontinuities will be blamed on the bermuda triangle.

However, just because time in the game is fluid doesn't mean I want players to abuse it.  I don't want people posting "He spent 3 weeks in the hospital until his wounds were completely healed."  That would be tacky, especially as a one liner.  Just use common sense, and try to keep the narrative snappy.

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

So, before starting, I'd still like to get a few players playing female characters and get the characters everyone is playing straightened out.

Ons and Offs

Prefect Mos

Might be willing to play a green skined woman... have to take a look at rifts though... i know only a couple of systems...