An Arthurian tale

Started by Sir Wolfgang, February 13, 2009, 11:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Wolfgang

Hey everyone! Anyone who has known me for a long time knows that I LOVE Arthurian stories. My favorie knight of the round table is Sir Gawain, the fiercely loyal nephew of Arthur, who tends to be quite the womanizer. I was hoping to create a Gawain rp, involving a rebellious lady of the court. Gawain, ever the charmer, has fallen head over heels for this lady, and is trying to woo her, only to see his efforts fall short. However, when Gawain is called upon to save Camelot from the army that is pressing down upon Camelot, threatening the peaceful utopia, this lady steals away with him, determined to share in the glory. Needless to say, sparks will fly, and battle will be done, as our heroes trek towards the oncoming hordes. This will be an entirely free form rp, and will be plot driven. The lady of the story should be strong willed, independent, and clash with Gawain constantly, until they realize their feelings for one another. She can use any weapon and look however you would like; she could even be Elven or Fae. LEt me know via either PM or reply to this if you're interested. Not necessarily looking for historical or textual accuracy, I just want to have some fun in an awesome story!

Clio

I might be willing to do this. I've studied Medieval Literature and read a lot of Arthurian romances, and I'm also a history major. Therefore, I should be able to be fairly accurate, but I'd need to know more about the story. My characters are always strong willed and independent, and I actually have an Arthurian lady already made up. Just let me know. I can't promise anything, but I'd like to learn more.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Sir Wolfgang

That's great! I don't require historical accuracy, but having it would be awesome! Here's a basic plot framework.

As the Ogre army approaches Camelot, Arthur requests Sir Gawain, his strongest knight in combat, to do the impossible: defeat an entire army singlehandedly. Gawain's mind however, is on Doria, a fiery woman of the court, who wants nothing to do with the smooth knight. So imagine his surprise when he finds her stowed away on his supply horse! Now the two of them must figure out a way to do the impossible, and maybe Gawain can finally woo the woman of his dreams.

I'll be gone from now till Sunday, if you have any plot hooks you'd like to use, let me know. Thanks!!

Clio

Love your pentagram shield for Gawain.

Anyway, I'm going to be busy tomorrow, but tomorrow night around 5 or 6, I should be free. (Eastern US time) We can discuss it then, and I have my messengers listed in the profile.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

playfullchick76

interesting idea.I have seen the movie king arthur, and have read the legend stories.i have an idea based on that movie, if you want.