Interest check, Pathfinder campaign spanning three AP's (and three generations)

Started by Tamhansen, September 24, 2018, 02:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roleplay Frog

People forget that in theory, you could play three different, if related character concepts, or perhaps a black sheep theme, with two great mages and a grand-child that has 0 magical talent. Or something like having an evil pc and a kid that tries to attone for the sins of the family.. lotsa possibilites and the only thing you nail yourself down on at first is the race (though half-something something are also possible after that).

Heck, here's an idea, first make a warrior, then make a spiritualist, using dad/mom as phantom. And don't get me started on legacy weapon stuff.

But I too want to know more details before cooking anything more detailed up. If we start on lvl 1 and are expected to play for about 5 levels on the first gen, then oggling prestige classes is kinda pointless, for example.

lillisa

Hey Tam.

I'd love to play in this. Would be fun writing with you again. Got some various ideas.

Tamhansen

Quote from: Siereis on September 27, 2018, 01:46:49 AM
Sounds like it could be fun.  Even if you don't make it through all 3 Adventure Paths, Rise of the Runelords is quite a good choice from what I understand.  I would be in, but want to ask a few questions first:

1) Relatively how much smut content is anticipated?  Sexual content purely between characters, or included in plot, or should any smut be taken to side posts? 
I'd prefer smut to be part of the main plot, and if players are ok with it, I'd like to put the game in non-con so that sex can be a result of losing combat as well. If players are okay with their characters being forced that is.
2) Character generation sources?  Core classes or pull from the expanded source material?

Anything by paizo is ok. I also allow Kobold press's deep magic, but other 3rd party sources are out.

3) Relatively how frequent of posts are you looking for to keep the story going?
Preferably daily, but at least three posts a week. Especially combats get very dragged out if people don't post.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Muse

huzzah for the non con.  small sigh for no psionics.  :)  I'm in if you'll have me. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

lillisa

Quote from: Muse on September 28, 2018, 01:14:40 PM
  huzzah for the non con.  small sigh for no psionics.  :)  I'm in if you'll have me. 

Might want to look at the occult classes. Not entirely the same, but they're pretty close i think.

TheGlyphstone

Ixy

If the group is a manageable size and posts regularly, I would be interested in a fairly mainstream concept.  Should you ask for ideas and write-ups, I'll look forward to the post.

Tamhansen

I would be looking to start with 4-5 players, and would prefer a steady post rate. I would like people to set up a simple concept first. Race, class, short bio and appearance. I'd prefer people hold off on building until party is formed. Just know it will be 20 point builds. I'll set up a formal request tomorrow morning euro time, and select a party say a week later. I will probably run this plot again later on, but for now time is a bit of an issue.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I present this idea;

Race: Human
Class: Inquisitor (Monster Tactician)
Background
Ashley Storm is originally from village of Harse, so he grew up with horses in country and knows how to ride since childhood. His father is innkeeper for travelers who cross the great rivers and mother is helping him (as is his younger sister as waitress) but they have business in breeding horses as well ran by the uncle, so Ashley hanged out more with his uncle as means skip working in the tavern (and who does not love riding and camping outdoors).

However one day while leading pack of horses with uncle a worg appeared, charged to the herd of horses and his uncle tried drive it off with a bow shot. Worg dodged his arrow and leaped on him and knocked down from his horse, attempting devour him as he grappled with the beast desperately.

Ashley was fifteen at the time and uncle yelled him to ride away....but Ashley bravely then charged with his horse towards the worg, intending knock it off. Worg noticed the charge and started charge towards Ashley, in that moment he felt burst of warm energy fill him and as he yelled challenge to the worg....a herd of horses appeared flank and behind him. Worg became stunned by sudden appearance of herd of horses stampeding fearlessly towards it and was ran over and killed by stampede.

In middle of the herd a drunken warrior with chainmail stumbled through and said; "You got spirit lad, but you should charge while armed other than your fists you know. Take this, it will be useful to ya." Man handed over a rapier to him and he stumbled and walked with the herd...and disappeared along with the herd. Uncle then told it had been Cayden Cailean himself and since then Ashley, who had been drifter without cause or purpose in mind, decided settle what for he lives.

So he entirely embraced ways of Cayden Cailean, much to worry, charging and also pride of his parents. Who both wished safer life for him but consider a god himself had saved his life and given rapier, the signs are damn obvious what path he would follow. However instead becoming just a cleric, he became inquisitor, embracing the power of summoning aid while charging into battle became his way to fight and Cayden clearly supports it granting him such power. More so he became fearless monster hunter, chasing magical beasts and aberrations in area or rumors of such to face them and help local communities dealing with them. For pay or not and with brave heart.

Chulanowa

for my first trick, I'm feeling either rogue or bard... Because god damn it I have a niche and i'm good at it.

Siereis

It might be a little early to start posting characters, but I got inspired tonight so wanted to go on and dump this here.

Name: Alleria
Race: Half Elf
Class: Bloodrager (Infernal Bloodline)
Bio:  For as long as she can remember, a burning anger has been roiling within Alleria's heart.  Orphaned at a young age, the half elven woman has no recollection of her parents, her heritage or even where she comes from.  Even at a young age, sadness and confusion turned to defiance and resentment.  Further exacerbated by her half-elven nature, she grew up watching full-blooded humans and elves alike cared for and accepted by their own kind.  While half-elves were not ostracized within society, Alleria has never felt a connection with anyone else.  Abandoned within the city of Tamran, she grew up learning how to fend for herself in the rough back alleys of the mercantile city, but despite her small stature, she found herself capable of fighting off those that sought to take advantage of her through seer intensity.  She never killed anyone, knowing full well that murder was wrong, but more than once found herself nearly losing control of her emotions...almost as if some inner demon was attempting to take over.  For much of her youth, she managed to suppress the anger raging within her soul and even joined the city guard in an attempt to gain some much-needed organization and discipline...thinking that learning such traits would keep her calm in times of stress.  The new job as a guardswoman did temper her inner resentments for a time and her newly gained responsibilities helped her to blend in with society, but even then she never felt as if she were truly welcome and any friendly advances were met by suspicion from the young woman.  Yet that all seemed to change on her twentieth birthday.  Stationed on guard duty near one of the wealthy districts of the city, she remembers a young flamboyant man attempting to flirt with her and recalling thinking that he was trying to trick her.  What happened next is lost even to Alleria, but she recalls being thrown forward in time and standing over the man's corpse...and others.  Her weapons were red with blood and those inner demons that she had managed to suppress for so long were back - and raging harder than ever.  Having fled the city, she is now a murderer on the run.  It has been nearly a year since that fateful day, and Alleria has found herself growing easier and easier to become hot blooded.  During each of her 'blackouts' she has managed to recall more of what occurs and lately remembers everything.  While still hot tempered and violent during such episodes, she has managed to temper the anger against only those that rile her emotions or threaten her life.  Recently, she has managed to make her way to the small town of Sandpoint within the kingdom of Varisia, thinking that the remote location will be ideal to help train her control over her violent outbreaks and hide from any chasing her.
Summary: Half-elf with a mysterious Infernal heritage that distrusts people and is quick to anger.  Tends to get violent when annoyed, but is capable of controlling her inner demons somewhat.  Submissive in romance, but is distrustful of those that show hasty affection.  Has started to find she has a preference for revealing attire, and body temperature is somewhat higher than normal as her infernal heritage starts to bubble to the surface.  Bloodrager with bloodline of Infernal, build includes lots of melee capability. 
Potential Backstory Links:  A novice law-keeper sent after Alleria for her crimes, but gets caught up in the adventure path too would make for an interesting character interaction.

Vergil Tanner

God Damn. Hello. O__O

Arty is pulling my sleeve and asking if he can play with her. Or rather, if she can play with him. xD

When the Recruitment Thread is up, I'll post him up and see if people are interested. :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Vergil Tanner

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Tamhansen on September 28, 2018, 01:42:36 PM
I would be looking to start with 4-5 players, and would prefer a steady post rate. I would like people to set up a simple concept first. Race, class, short bio and appearance. I'd prefer people hold off on building until party is formed. Just know it will be 20 point builds. I'll set up a formal request tomorrow morning euro time, and select a party say a week later. I will probably run this plot again later on, but for now time is a bit of an issue.

I like how this is shaping up. What is our characters experience level, aka, what level in game and general renown-wise are we starting out at on?

For the record, pondering a(erotic-social viable) paladin for now, but there's always so many neat things to consider.

Chulanowa

Assuming basic Pathfidner adventure path character creation (1st level, 20-point buy, max HP at 1st level, rolled or average gold, two traits, one of which is a RotRL campaign trait)

Name: Lily "Sticks" Gallows
Race: Tiefling
Class: Unchained Rogue 1

Bio: Lily doesn't remember anything about her birth parents. In fact her earliest memories are of street life in Old Korvosa; snitching pockets just to get by, then later because Mother Tiller needed her cut. Scampering across the Shingles to get away from other children hurling stones. The drunken Sarenrae priest beating her with a lit torch to Prove "she's so foul the fire refuses to touch her." It's that last one that's important, because it's where the Vandools stepped in. The kindly couple rebuffed the priest, and ushered Lily off for food... then shoes... and somehow they ended up bringing the waif with them back to Sandpoint. It was hard to adjust to the new conditions of her life - and just as hard for the poor Vandools, who honestly had no idea what they were getting into. But since then, Lily has thrived.

of course you can take the tiefling off the Korvosan streets, but getting the streets out of her was another matter. Stealing was a habit, and she's no favorite of Sheriff Hemlock. Socializing with others her age was always trouble, especially since they tended to grow faster than she did. She's managed to do a few jobs for the shadier sorts in town, who recognize a skillset when they see it, and are certain that the devil-girl will keep her mouth shut. After all, she does seem to love her adopted family very much, and it'd just be a shame if the elderly couple were to have a hard time...

Personality & Sexuality: Lily always seems nervous. She fidgets with things, chews her lip, even occasionally stutters or makes other odd, anxious noises. She's always casing the room she finds herself in, unable to relax until she's at least had a good look around. Far from the usual cocky self-assurance one would expect of a "professional criminal," she attributes all her own successes to pure luck, and is really bad at accepting compliments. That's not to say she's not confident in what she does, but she's really reluctant to acknowledge that confidence. She enjoys company and companionship greatly, and likes being part of "the group" - but isn't exactly the most conversant, and will often, seemingly randomly, try to make plenty of room around herself.. On occasion, she looks like she could really use a hug.

Lily's not a virgin, having spent a night or two with a local boy, and even had a fling with a barmaid from the Rusty Tavern who found her tail "intriguing." Unfortunately, Lily's not the best at touchy-touchy stuff, and found all these encounters at least as odd and uncomfortable as they were fun. Which is really frustrating, she has desire - sometimes extremely strongly! - but is so awkward with most people that the best way she's found to deal with it is to find a quiet place and try to not sprain her own wrist.

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1432421

Vergil Tanner

Ok, so...I'm having trouble deciding the appearance of my Trappy character (He might not be a Healslut after all...might go Half-Healslut and make him a Paladin of some sort? Dunno). So...feedback would be appreciated!

Options for my Trap Male Character

If anybody is interested in playing with a submissive Trappy male, which of these options do you think I should go with? I'm conflicted >.>

Chulanowa

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on September 29, 2018, 04:37:17 AM
Ok, so...I'm having trouble deciding the appearance of my Trappy character (He might not be a Healslut after all...might go Half-Healslut and make him a Paladin of some sort? Dunno). So...feedback would be appreciated!

If anybody is interested in playing with a submissive Trappy male, which of these options do you think I should go with? I'm conflicted >.>

I kinda dig the first and third there.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on September 29, 2018, 04:37:17 AM

My votes go to second and fourth.

Vergil Tanner

Hmmm, I was leaning towards 1, 3 or 4 myself.
Decisions, decisions...

Lol, Zaer, I think you might have committed a small typo there :P

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on September 29, 2018, 07:21:42 AM
Hmmm, I was leaning towards 1, 3 or 4 myself.
Decisions, decisions...

Lol, Zaer, I think you might have committed a small typo there :P

Doh, fixed :P

Vergil Tanner

You're welcome ;)

Hmmmmm. So, Zaer. Your Inquisitor...would he be interested in a 2 or 4 trap? :P

Because there's no point me making a Healslut if nobody is gonna take advantage! :P

Zaer Darkwail

My inquisitor would take advantage of trappy healslut number 4, also said pic fits more for paladin (sword and bit armor there). If want go healslut paladin I think there is archetype for paladin who focuses more on lay of hands healing/mercy use.

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, I was looking at Paladin Archetypes. I was caught between the Lay On Hands one, and the Chosen One archetype just because Arty having a pet is so cute. o3o