News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, January 12, 2015, 07:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

Vennar was a tall, raven-haired, middle-aged blacksmith who stood over an anvil, beating his newest sword into shape, occasionally looking over his shoulder towards the doorway to his forge. His children were yet to return, and after what had happened to his brother he feared for them being out alone in the city.

He picked up the sword, giving it a few practice swings and smiling as he saw that it was perfect as usual. This one was intended for a special use however, one he had long expected to come but had still dreaded. He walked over to where a small painting of a beautiful young woman hung, kneeling down in front of it and closing his eyes for a moment, before looking up at the image.

"I am sorry Ainur," he said quietly. "I have failed you. I promised I would protect our children from the wars that scarred this world, but now I fear they have no choice in the matter. I would go myself but...at my age I fear I would not make it. They don't realise the task I am about to give to them though."

Lady Temptress

( Ooc please refresh my memory of what my character is to do before I post. Lol I forgot again. Sorry! )
Lady Dreamer

Lady Temptress

The Princess Calista hurries to her fathers side and she gazes at him worriedly with hed emerald green eyes looking up at him.

" Father, what's the matter? What's going on?"

The girl of age 18 just doesn't understand qhy daddy just stays there gazing longingly at the statue.

( I'll have longer post once I get into the character. )
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

He snapped out of his trance when she heard her voice, turning around and pulling her into an embrace.

"My apologies Calista," he said as he rested his head on hers. "I was just thinking about-" he stopped at the sound of a loud rapping at the door, letting her go and grabbing the large blacksmith's hammer hanging from the wall. "Wait here," he said to her as he approached the door, opening it tentatively. He lowered it with a laugh when he saw the old woman in a long green cloak who was stood outside, who stepped inside when he stood aside. "Carolina, I nearly killed you, I thought the guards had come for me."

"That is understandable," Carolina replied with a smile. "Is Callista re-" She paused when she saw Callista in the room. "She doesn't know does she?" she sighed when Vennar nodded. "Must I explain everything in this accursed town?" She walked over to Callista, taking her hands in her own wrinkled pair. "Child, I doubt you remember me, we last saw each other when you were very young. I am sorry to tell you this but...your uncle is dead, at the hands of Myraz's men."

Lady Temptress

Princess Calista stands closer to her father and her eyes are filled with worry and concerns. The girk eyes the lady speaking to her and she nods with a faint sad smile at her lips.

" Yez. M'lady. I remember you, your my aunt?"
A saddness washes over the young Princess at the news of her deceased Uncle.

" I'm so sorry for Uncle's passing. How can I help?"

Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I had hoped we could wait longer for this, but I fear we have already waited too long," Carolina said as Vennar swept a table clear so she could lay a map out. It showed the regions to the north of the city, which spread far beyond the realms of the old forest to the north of them. "Myraz has remained in power due to something he stole from the dragons of the north, if we are to end his tyranny we will have to go directly to them and ask them for aid. Unfortunately...you are the only person we can ask, most others are too old or work for the king."

Lady Temptress

" I'll do my best to help with this, what do I do, where do I go and when do I leave? "

Princess Calista has so many questions but no time in waisting to ask them or to have them answered.

" May I take my trusted friends who are guards and friends with me" ?
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You'll have to go there," Ariadne said, pointing to the far north of the map where a mountain range spread across the whole of the northern section of the map. "It's called Dragonblight, but to get there you'll have to pass through lands full of orcs, trolls and...far worse."

"You'll have to do this alone," Vennar said with a sigh. "At least, you can't risk taking anyone from this city coming with you. There are almost certainly other allies you can find along the way."

"Get onto the back of my cart," Ariadne said to Callista. "I will be out shortly, but you and my father have matters to discuss before you leave."

Lady Temptress

Calista frowns that she can't bring her own guards and friends with her. A sigh escapes her and she nods her head sadly. She has never been on a journey alone ! This is all so very frightening and exciting at the same time!

" Yes M' lady. "
Her breaking heart is filled with wonder and sadness as she climbs into the cart as ordered.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

After a few minutes Carolina stepped out, pulling her cloak around her tightly, before climbing onto the front of the cart.

"Listen very carefully," she whispered. "That rug has an invisibility enchantment placed on it, as long as you remain underneath it you will avoid the guards spotting you. I will tell you when it is safe to come out." She set off, heading for the main gate. She had remained undisturbed until she reached the guards at the gate who stopped her progress. "Captain, I hope everything is okay," she said to the young man who walked up.

"Of course m'lady," the man replied. "Just a routine check for any undesirables. Anything there?" he asked a guard who had walked to the back of the cart.

"No captain," the guard replied. "Looks like just food and clothing."

"Then apologies for the hold up," the captain said, bowing and signalling to open the gate.

"You can come out now," Carolina said when she had finally ridden far enough from the city that they would be unseen. "I have two gifts to give you to aid your journey." They had stopped next to a large, forbidding looking forest.

Lady Temptress

" Yes M'm ."

Calista climbs into the cart and the girl hides under the rug. She remains utterly silent and Calista doesn't move at all.

Several minutes went by and then she got out from under the rug , then out of the cart.

" Where are we? "

Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"The Forest of Shadows is its human name," Carolina replied. "It has an Elvish name but I have long since forgotten how to pronounce it." She reached into the back of the cart and pulled out an intricately detailed, jewel-encrusted sheath. "This is the Dawnhammer Blade, forged many centuries ago by the great Elven blacksmiths to mark an ancient alliance. Not only does this have few equals in a fight there are many people you will meet who will gladly swear allegiance to you simply because you carry this." She handed it to Callista before reaching back to pull out a red-coloured gem on a necklace. "This is a Dragonsblood gem, this has two uses: it will glow when a dragon is nearby and it will also enable you to understand their language." She got down off the cart and hung the gem around her neck. "Listen very carefully, do no under any circumstances stray off the path in that forest, there are wolves and far worse that call that place home. And find an elven ally if you can, if you discover an elf called Ariadne tell her Carolina sent you to her."

Lady Temptress

Princess Calista tries to not be afraid, but it's only natural that she is and the young nervous woman nods her head at what Camelia is explaining to her.

" I understand and I'll do as you have instructed me to do. I'll miss you all and I won't let you down."

As they said their goodbye's for now, the girl gathers up the provisions and whatever else she will need on this journey, two small satchel's for her to carry. Calista doesn't look back at Camelia and she makes her way into the unknown forest.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

As she enters the forest a cloaked figure is watching her from behind a tree, a quiver full of arrows slung over their shoulder and a fearsome looking bow in one hand. For a moment it observed the newcomer curiously, until it saw what was prowling nearby: a huge wolf which had evidently chosen its next meal. But before the wolf could strike the figure launched an arrow, the wolf killed mid-leap and landing next to Callista's feet.

"Who are you?" the figure called out as a second green-feathered arrow appeared on the bowstring, pointed straight at Callista. "What child would dare enter Sin'lei at this hour of night alone?"

Lady Temptress

Princess Calista jumps a bit started at the sudden appearance of the wolf and of being nearly attacked, she trembles nervously.

" I am Princess Calista, and I'm on a journey to help my kingdom. Who are you?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"That is of no..." the figure started saying until it saw the sheath Callista was carrying. "Great Gaia, where did you get that blade?" The figure stepped out from behind the tree, pulling its hood back to reveal a beautiful, silver-haired female elf. "My name is Ariadne...I am one of the last members of the Dawnhammer bloodline, we had thought that blade lost to history. If you're here..." She reached for her own sword. "Did Myraz send you?"

Lady Temptress

Calista jumps back startled and she quirks brows up at the elf.

" My father and Lady Camelia gave it to me. Yes, that's who sent me. As I stated, I'm Princess Calista. Pleasure to meet you."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Carolina..." Ariadne said, pausing for a moment. "She would not send you here on Myraz's orders." Suddenly a howl was heard from somewhere in the distance, Ariadne walking over and extracting the arrow from the dead wolf. "We aren't safe here, the rest of his pack will be here soon. You can spend the night in my camp." She grabbed Callista's hand, weaving through the undergrowth until they reached a small clearing, which contained a hammock strung between two trees, a small pool of water and little else. Ariadne hung her bow and quiver from a nearby branch. "Few humans would attempt to cross this forest by day, nevermind night, what was so urgent that Carolina could not wait?"

Lady Temptress

Calista tells the story of what brings her this way and the reason for this journey.

" But, you live in this....."

She didn't get to finish what she was asking because Calista is suddenly pulled to another direction. The poor girl is lost, confused, afraid and worried.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I know what to do," Ariadne said, a determined look crossing her face. "I can help you get out of here, but we will have to wait till morning." She took a cup and filled it from the pool, handing it to Callista. "This water is purer than anything you will find this far north of the Crystal Sea. You can sleep in my hammock, we elves are happy to sleep on the floor against a tree if we must." She undid her cloak, dropping it onto the floor. This revealed a tunic with belts crossing her chest, which contained a series of fearsome looking daggers. More noticeable were the jewellery around her neck: one was an elaborate medallion covered in strange writing, the other was a smaller, silver locket which she had positioned near to her heart. When she realised it was visible she self-consciously tucked it back under her tunic.

Lady Temptress

"I don't understand any of this. I was just informed of all of this today. Thank you, for being kind to me and for helping me."
She says with a nod and she takes the cup, then drinks the water, then handing the now empty cup back to her.

"Thank you, but I can sleep on the floor."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"If someone attacks it is better I am near my bow," Ariadne replied. "That hammock exists for when I feel lonely at night, I would feel more comfortable with you asleep in the hammock." She approached the edge of the clearing, beginning to utter something under her breath in a strange language. When she was done the air around them shimmered for a moment. "This is a protection charm, anything approaches this camp I will know in plenty of time."

Lady Temptress

" Alright. I understand and thanks."

She is looking up more and more to this protector lady with respect and Calista climbs up in into the hammock.
Unfortunately, she doesn't have a very peaceful slumber of a sleep.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

In the morning Ariadne was putting a tunic over the dress she always wore under her armour, momentarily forgetting she had company as she put her range of daggers in their sheaths. Within her eyesight, but out of the view of Callista, was a small shrine within which lay a painting of a raven-haired woman.

"Wake up Callista," Ariadne said, softly brushing her cheek. "We have much to do today and not long to do it."

Lady Temptress

Calista hasn't slept much and she yawns while covering her mouth with her right hand, then she rubs the semi sleep out of her eyes with both hands.

" Morning and I'm awake. I've been awake for hours, couldn't sleep."

Calista gets up and she straightened whatever needed to be straightened up on and around the hammock.

" Alright, I'm ready, what do we need to do?"
Lady Dreamer