▸▸ℍeavy Metal Magellan◂◂ free-form, original mech roleplay (full)

Started by Saria, September 16, 2015, 10:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Quote from: Karma on September 26, 2015, 09:05:46 PM
But hover tanks need antigrav. :P
Not that kind of hover tank!  I mean the ones that float on a cushion of air and move via fans.  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

In the interest of realism, that kind of hovertank wouldn't be able to remain stable after firing unless it had recoilless technology.

King Serperior

True, which is why I envision them with laser weaponry:

^ Sort of like this, but not as bulky and with the hovercraft part replacing the treads.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Saria

I think I recall seeing a scene from a comedy movie once where they had a hovertank, and when they fired, it flew backwards and crashed. :P

But anyway, yeah, there you go! A city claimed by a group that's declared it its territory would work perfectly.

I was also thinking there may even be a situation where the group has to cross a river or a lake, too. And maybe yet another where some would have to sneak in to an occupied city for some reason. I've got piles of ideas for scenarios stewing.
Saria is no longer on Elliquiy, and no longer available for games

Ralhend

Suddenly I think I would rather have a well armed hovertank than a lightly armed  medium...

Eh, no biggie

Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

King Serperior

Well, now with these ideas floating about, I am more eager than ever before!

Just need to wait for final profile adjustments from the last three players.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Ralhend

Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Giantmutantcrab

OH SWEET MERCIFUL KHORNE.

I am so, SO sorry for having posted my corrected character sheet so very late.  I had lots of modifications to do and I really don't know anything about BBCode so the grenade list looked like crap...

Anyway, here it is.

Giantmutantcrab

Name: Elijah Arshad Marzban
Rank: Raqīb of the 1st Special Forces (SF) of the Afghan National Army (ANA), Honorary-Sergeant of the North Atlantic Alliance Joint Military (NAAJM)
Role: Counter-terrorism, Direct action, Foreign internal defense, Special reconnaissance, Unconventional warfare,
Nicknames: Eli
Callsign: N/A
Sexuality: Heterosexual (but inexperienced)
Height: 1m 78 / 5’9”
Weight: 68 kg / 150 lbs
Eyes: Black
Hair: Black
Skin: Brown
Physique: Athletic, exotic, lean, muscular, rugged
Distinguishing Marks: Various scars from surviving in a war-torn country since his birth.

Bio:  Elijah Arshad Marzban was born in Afghanistan, the Graveyard of Empires.   Throughout its existence, everything from the war elephants of Alexander the Great, to the British Empire, to the nigh-unstoppable mechanized Red Army had attempted to invade and conquer Afghanistan…  and had all failed.  Elijah’s parents were of Iranian ancestry and could trace their lineage back to the time when Iran was named Persia.  They instilled in their youngest son a deep respect for the ancient, near-mythical land from which they hailed and love for the country they lived in now.  His mother was a polyglot diplomat and taught young Eli Farsi, French, English, Arab and Russian (as well as their associated written forms), history, culture and the power of words.  “Know of where you come from, my son.  Know of where you are now.  Know of those around you, near and far.  Know of their people, their history and their culture.”  His father was a mechanical engineer and taught young Eli technical knowledge and the power of the mind.  “Know as much as you can, my son.  Knowledge is never useless.  Know of science, know of mechanics, know of mathematics.  Your mind is a muscle; without exercise, it will shrivel and be weak.  If your mind is weak, what good is your body?”  His older brother, a soldier and martial artist, taught young Eli physically and the power of the body.  “Know your body, my brother.  Know your limits and know how to push beyond them.  Strike only when you must, not when you want.  But when you must, strike hard, fast and without hesitation.  Know fear and accept it, but never let it control you.  To control another is strength; to control oneself is true power.”

Eli worked hard, learned hard and practiced hard.  Demanding more of himself than others demanded of him.  Learning to depend on himself first and foremost.  This hard upbringing might seem cruel, but it was a necessary cruelty.  Afghanistan (or what is left of it now) has been assaulted from all sides by rogue armies, mercenary companies and power-mad warlords since it was first colonized thousands of years ago.  But the modern armies that threatened them were different.  Battle-armor wearing soldiers that can level a whole village within minutes.  Gigantic mechanical horrors that could bombard positions from hundreds of kilometers away with pinpoint accuracy.  Mechanical vehicles that could enter any grotto, travel through any valley and circumvent any mountain.  Afghanistan’s mountains were nearly useless as natural defenses now.  Technology had finally won over the harsh, unforgiving terrain of the country.  Territories were abandoned and people fled for their lives.  The last vestiges of the NATO military forces in Asia sent hundreds of emergency escape pods throughout the Eastern hemisphere, to allow refugees a chance to flee the violence and escape with them to the safety of the newly-formed Oceania (a conglomerate of Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania and a few micro-islands in their periphery), NATO's fiercest ally on this half of the world.  Elijah’s family left his homeland; he chose to stay and defend it.

He was fourteen years old when he enrolled in the NATO-backed Afghan National Army.  Since they could not officially take him as a soldier, Elijah served as a scout and a lookout, using the knowledge passed down by his brother to achieve whatever tasks were set upon him.  When he turned 16, he was able to become a solider.  Two years later, he was recruited into the Special Forces.  There, he learned the techniques of unconventional warfare and stealth.  For six years Elijah served with the SF, deployed thousands of miles from any friendly territory.  Often, he and his fellow forces members would remain on mission for months, with no supplies or reinforcements of any kind.  They would take whatever they needed off of their foes even as they worked against the invaders.  Cutting off supply lines, destroying depots and making every advancing step a grueling, tedious affair.  Entire fire-teams of infantrymen would be captured or simply disappear with little traces of a struggle.  Convoys would vanish or be rendered unusable, vehicles would be commandeered in the dead of night.  It was during one of these raids, deep within what was once known as Siberia, in the heart of Red Army territory, that the Special Forces happened upon a stockpile of battle armors.  These were obviously suited for reconnaissance and stealth, not frontal assaults.  Using his knowledge of the Russian language and the Cyrillic alphabet, Elijah helped his brothers-in-arms with the basic functions of the walkers.  The Special Forces left the supply depot with every single one of the 40 mechanized armors stockpiled there, returning to Afghanistan with them.

Over the next five years, the ANA learned how to build and use these battle armors.  Reverse-engineering allowing the military to begin production of their own reconnaissance mech suits, renamed the Scimitar battle armors.  All the instructions and engineering had been transferred from Cyrillic into Farsi and the first users were the Special Forces.  Using these mechs, the SF was able to hold out much longer than it would have normally been possible against superior foes using enormous war mechs weighing almost a hundred tons.  But soon enough, the war was clearly lost to the chaos of the rogue armies rising and falling around them.  The looming, vengeful shadow of the Red Army was threatening to swallow the entire Asian continent.  The ANA General Staff gave the order and the army retreated, abandoning Afghanistan to its would-be pillagers.  Within a few weeks, the remnants of the army were reunited with the civilian masses that had taken refuge in Oceania.  It was a bittersweet reunion, as the presence of the army indicated that they could not hold their country against the waves of the mechanized, armored raiders.

Elijah did spend a few months enjoying the peace that this conglomerate of countries offered, but it was not a peace that would satisfy him.  Even as he reunited with his family, they understood the storm that brewed within the youngest boy of the Marzban family.  They were well-treated and lived with millions of others, but…  They were still refugees, outcasts of their own homeland.  This gnawed at the young man, who attempted to find other means to being productive and useful to his people.  It is not to say that Elijah enjoyed the bloodshed or combat.  Truth be told, he disliked it immensely.  But it was a necessary thing if they were to free their country and he fought because he could, not because he wanted to.  If they did nothing, then the exiled peoples of Earth could never be able to return home if they so chose.  Though he was talented for war, he wanted peace.  He fought because he wanted peace, both abroad and back home.

The ANA General Staff seemed content to concentrate on the protection of its people for now, so Elijah approached what he thought was a NATO military base.  It turned out that during his decade of fighting in the more dangerous places of Earth, much had changed in the way of politics.  NATO did not exist here; instead, the North Atlantic Alliance Joint Military was in place, a mishmash of several old allied countries of NATO under a new banner.  A meeting with a few very high-placed officers of both armies decided that Elijah Arshad Marzban could continue to actively serve the ANA and also serve the NAAJM by providing security upon civilian and military transports to and from the Lunar colonies.  During his work with the NAAJM he would retain his military grade of sergeant, with all the privileges and responsibilities that came with it.  Elijah used this position to learn as much as he could about the ever-shifting situation of the world and especially that of Eurasia.  But the best he obtained were bar rumors and hearsay.  The Red Army had apparently crumbled, all of Russia divided into warring territories directed by tyrants throwing ultra-sophisticated mech units against one another in futile displays of strength.  The most savage and bloodthirsty was known as the Ryazan Empire, and it would apparently either drape the world in the red of its flag or drown it in seas of red blood.

During a recent deployment as head of security upon a cargo vessel, something went terribly wrong.  The captain explained that much of the cargo needed to be jettisoned in order to be able to land safely.  Upon hearing that passengers may be forced to crash land upon the Eurasian continent, Elijah was the first (and only) member of the security force to voluntarily crash-land with the first dropped containers, knowing they would probably land in some of the most hostile environments on Earth (they were fast approaching the Ryazan Empire's slowly-but-surely-expanding borders at this point).  They would need someone to take point, a scout and a guide, someone who knows the lay of the land and how to guide them as safely as possible through the canyons, valleys and mountains of what was now clearly Hell on Earth.  As Xenophon reluctantly took the role of guide for the remnants of the Ten Thousand in the ancient texts of the Anabasis, so too will Elijah Arshad Marzban do everything in his abilities to guide those around him to safety.

Equipment/Gear: Elijah’s standard-issue military backpack contains all of the essentials for a Special Forces commando ready to undertake a lengthy mission behind enemy lines.

Chassis: Humanoid reconnaissance walker
Model: Scimitar-class
Weight Class: Battle Armor
Weight: Mech Weight; 5 tons, Max carry weight; 25 tons
Height: 3 meters / 10 feet
Top Speed: 200 km per hour / 124 miles per hour
Callsign:  Scimitar-Five

Armaments:
- Energy garrote: By far the most advanced weapon of the Scimitar, this retractable 2-meter long piece of wire is in reality an intricately woven length of emitters and reflectors, along which millions of minuscule lasers will crisscross.  When the thumb button on both handles are pressed, the length of wire hums to life and is sheathed in a lethal corona of disruptive energy, turning into a flexible cutting laser.  This focused energy allows the garrote to slice through soft targets and vulnerable areas with horrifying ease.  Even weapons, shields and armor plating will eventually be severed by the garrote, though thicker defenses will resist much longer and larger targets might simply be too big to damage with this weapon.  A failsafe prevents the activation of the garrote unless it is fully charged.  For each second of use, there is a 15-second recharge cycle that begins immediately after the weapon is deactivated.  The energy garrote holds a 4-minute charge which, when fully depleted, will fall into a 60-minute recharge cycle during which it cannot be activated.  An electromagnetic pulse will disrupt the garrote (if activated during the EMP) and force the full 60-minute recharge cycle, although it will cause no long-term damage.  The retracted energy garrote is stored inside the Scimitar’s left forearm.  This can be used by the pilot outside of the battle armor.

- Grenades and accessory toolbox: Built for unconventional warfare, the Scimitar carries a wide selection of grenades.  Furthermore, the battle armor comports a toolbox stocked with pressure plates, fuses, detonators, wires, timers, adhesives and magnets for on-the-fly modifications, offering the tactical flexibility of using the grenades as booby traps, mines, multiple explosive charges, time bombs, sticky grenades and magnetic grenades.  This can be used by the pilot outside of the battle armor.
  • Anti-personnel (2): An anti-personnel grenade (also known as a frag grenade) produces a blast of shrapnel that can shred unarmored targets and lightly armored vehicles. The blast also has the tactical advantage of forcing the enemy to duck into cover to avoid injury.
  • Anti-tank (2): Also known as krak grenades, these explosives are designed to crack open armored targets through a concentrated implosive blast. Although an anti-tank grenade can easily kill a man, they are mainly used against mechs, tanks and other armored vehicles. They are very effective at destroying hard targets, building structures and for tearing holes into defensive fortifications.
  • Incendiary (2): Incendiary grenades (or thermite grenades) produce intense heat by means of a chemical effect called a thermite reaction.  This produces a tremendous amount of heat, as the white phosphorous filler burns at 2,800 °C (5,070 °F), making incendiary grenades useful for destroying weapons caches, artillery, and vehicles. This weapon functions without an oxygen source, allowing it to burn underwater or in a vacuum.
  • Smoke (2): Screening smoke grenades release a rapidly expanding black gas that is too thick to see through with unassisted vision.  The loud hissing noise can also be used as a lure.  Smoke is harmful to breathe, since it contains hydrochloric acid. Whilst not intended as a primary effect, these grenades can generate enough heat to burn unprotected skin.
  • Stun (2): Upon detonation, a stun grenade (or flashbang grenade) releases an intensely loud "bang" of 170–180 decibels and a blinding flash of more than one million candela within five feet of initiation, sufficient to cause immediate flash blindness and deafness, tinnitus and inner ear disturbance.  Exposed and unprotected targets experience disorientation, confusion and loss of coordination and balance.
  • Tear gas (2): Tear gas grenades (or riot control grenades) are similar to smoke grenades in terms of shape and operation. The gas contained inside burns with a pyrotechnic composition which generates an aerosol of lachrymatory smoke. This causes extreme irritation to the eyes and respiratory system.
- Vibro-scimitar: The signature weapon of the Scimitar-class battle armor, this weapon was constructed to appear as a simple yet finely-crafted, broad-bladed, single-edged, mildly-curved, one-handed mech-sized scimitar with a micro-serrated edge.  The disk-shaped pommel provides a very secure grip.  Built out of a super-alloy, the sword is an elegant and dangerous weapon by itself.  The sword’s blade is unusual for a curved sword as it is designed for both thrusting and cutting.  It can also be used as a decent crowbar.  However, the true power of the vibro-scimitar becomes clear upon activation of the generator located in the handle.  This emits high-frequency sonic pulses that causes the blade of the sword to be sent into an extremely quick vibration. When it contacts something, the vibrations ripple across the material, destroying a much larger portion (in addition to the simple fact of the blow cutting more) and damaging the target more efficiently than the original weapon. This causes even the slightest glancing blow to potentially become a gaping wound.  Given enough time, effort and leverage, the high-speed sonic vibrations would allow the blade to carve its way through a variety of defenses.  However, heavy plating and specifically designed materials may be too tough or thick to cut.  Thanks to a simple system of specially-calibrated magnets, the weapon can be affixed anywhere on the mechanized frame, allowing it to be drawn with ease even in very confined areas.  This can be used by the pilot outside of the battle armor as a two-handed weapon.

- Shock-staff: The Scimitar’s non-lethal alternative to melee combat, this telescopic staff reaches two meters when fully extended.  It has a power pack in the handle (that is covered by a wide handguard) which is used to activate high-density cells at the tip that produce a non-lethal charge.  By overloading the target's nervous system, most organic targets will be rendered unconscious or even catatonic.  This electrical discharge can also be used to short-circuit or overload electrical systems.  The shock-staff has a setting switch on the pommel so the pilot can set the exact severity of the shock (at full charge, this weapon can kill an unprotected human target).  The Scimitar must physically touch or strike the target in order to affect it.  The shock-staff is fully functional when collapsed, effectively turning into a shock-gauntlet.  The thick, molded handguard covers the front of the Scimitar’s hand and is built of the same durable, high-density cells as the business end of the weapon when expanded.  The shock-staff is usually carried collapsed and on the left hip of the battle frame, where it can easily be slipped over the Scimitar’s left hand.  Thanks to a simple system of specially-calibrated magnets, the weapon can be affixed anywhere on the mechanized frame, allowing it to be drawn with ease even in very confined areas.

Subsystems:
- Cloaking device: This active system is cutting-edge technology stolen from a Red Army battle armor stockpile before the Eurasian political collapse.  This system is able to render the user invisible to the naked eye as well as many forms of electronic scanning.  This device warps light around the Scimitar in such a fashion that surfaces, objects and people behind the mechanized suit are visible through it.  The effect is not perfect.  Sudden movement such as combat will leave a visible, blurry silhouette that is similar to a heat haze.  But in certain environments and when the Scimitar moves at stealth speed (one-tenth of its top speed or less), it can effectively help the battle armor to hide in plain sight, meters away from a target.  The cloaking device extends to unpowered and inactive weapons held by the battle armor, allowing the Scimitar to prepare devastating surprise attacks.  It can be used for 120 minutes before shutting down for a 12-minute cooldown cycle during which it cannot be activated.  An electromagnetic pulse will disrupt the cloak (if activated during the EMP) and force it to automatically begin a full cooldown cycle, although it will cause no long-term damage.

- Jet boots: The Scimitar possesses thrusters located in the boots which the pilot can use to boost vertically through the air for a period of about five seconds. While using this system, the pilot can control the direction of movement and slow down jumps or falls from great heights.  Greater heights and distances can be obtained if the thrusters are pulsed rather than used constantly.  One full 5-second burst is enough to let the Scimitar land safely from a fall at terminal velocity.  The gas that is stored by the heat signature suppressor system is recycled and pressurized to be used as thrust for the jet boots.  Ten minutes of continuous use of the heat signature suppressor is necessary for a single 5-second jump and the Scimitar can store up to ten 5-second jumps.

- Heads Up Display: The Scimitar utilizes a highly advanced area-scanning overlay that is able to report an incredible amount of detail, basically forming a real-time, three-dimensional map of the battle armor’s surroundings within one kilometer. The HUD is projected onto the visor and as such, if damaged, will not obscure vision. Features include target tracking, aim assist, topology, infrared, x-ray vision and a suite of other options.  Also, the telescopic sight of the Scimitar possesses a variable magnification of x2 to x120 and stores the viewed information in a database, cross-referencing any and all available information associated with what is currently observed.  This allows the pilot to plan out a detailed assault and update the previewed map of the area with the vast array of sensors the display system possess once the Scimitar arrives on site.  The HUD also has a vast library of information, including tactical information on mechanized units, their weapons and tactics, as well as general strengths and weaknesses.  The display presents simple symbols at the bottom left corner of the pilot's field of vision to indicate which of the Scimitar’s subsystems are currently active.

- Heat suppressant: This system must be activated upon command of the Scimitar’s pilot.  It will contain all heat emissions from the battle armor, rendering it invisible to any type of infrared and heat signature-based detection or weapon.  Heat-seeking missiles will simply fly past the Scimitar and infrared sensors will reveal absolutely nothing.  The heat signature suppressant also acts as the main source of pressurized gas for the jump boots.  It can also act as a diversion tactic, rapidly diffusing the suppressed heat and gas into water or snow to create a rapidly expanding billow of heat, masking the Scimitar’s precise location.  The system can function for 24 hours, after which the Scimitar must purge the stored heat or risk a hard shutdown while the battle armor cools off.  An electromagnetic pulse will disrupt the suppressor (if activated during the EMP) and force it to immediately purge itself, although it will cause no long-term damage.

- Intrusion kit: This is an array of simple programs and tools designed to assist in infiltration.  Included is an auto-picker (to bypass physical locks and padlocks), a hacking program for overriding electronics and other infiltration tools.  The effectiveness of the system depends on the time needed for the system to work, the estimated strength of the defense being infiltrated as well as any kind of counter-intrusion methods.  The intrusion kit is stored under the right hip plate of the mechanized frame.  This can be used by the pilot outside of the battle armor.

- Life-support systems: Automatic air filtration systems allow the Scimitar to pass unharmed through any kind of airborne or biological hazards.  The battle armor is fully functional underwater as the filtration system is capable of separating hydrogen and oxygen, replenishing the air supply inside the mechanized frame for up to 24 hours of continuous use before the Scimitar must re-surface to purge the filtration system.  In the vacuum of space or any other air-tight area, the Scimitar possesses a 1-hour air supply that will be replenished as soon as the Scimitar is able to detect safe, breathable levels of oxygen.  The self-adjusting life-support system allows the battle armor to function near areas of immense pressure as well as allowing the pilot to survive extremes of Earth-based temperatures (such as being near an active volcano or in the middle of Antarctica).

- Magnetic surfaces: These small, powerful plates are located on the palms of the battle armor’s hands and the soles of the Scimitar’s feet.  When activated, these will make the mechanized frame cling to heavier metallic objects or attract smaller objects to it.  These will allow the Scimitar to walk sideways or even upside down along heavier metallic objects.

- Noise inhibitor: This automatic system allows the Scimitar to move in silence.  When activated, the battle armor can sneak up on an opponent as it cannot be heard, nor can it be detected by sonar.  The noise inhibitor allows ambient sounds to travel freely around the battle armor to avoid the contradictory effect of having an opponent notice the absence of sound nearby.  However, the system will only activate if the battle armor is moving in stealth mode (one-tenth of its top speed or less).  It takes 5 seconds for the noise inhibitor to engage once stealth mode is achieved.  The inhibitor shuts down immediately if the Scimitar moves faster than stealth speed.  The system also works on handheld firearms (making the Scimitar an efficient sniper unit), but the system must be given enough time to reactivate between each shot.  Anything faster than single-shot rate of fire will simply cancel out the system.  An electromagnetic pulse will disrupt the system (if activated during the EMP) and prevent it from functioning for the duration of the EMP, although it will cause no long-term damage.

- Sound mimicry: Discreet receivers allow for the recording of all ambient noises, sounds and particular human voices.  The mechanized frame already has an extensive database of prerecorded sounds and statements.  Typically, the mimicry system is used in distress calls, beckons or insults to lure a target to a specific location, often with the intent of separating them from their comrades and thereby making them an easier target.  The Scimitar can also use mimicry to circumvent electronic security systems that require the use of a specific spoken password to deactivate.  The battle armor has eight small sound emitters.  These can be activated manually (if the pilot wishes to lure a target towards the Scimitar or circumvent a voice-activated system) or from up to 100 meters away (if the pilot wants to draw a target away).  The emitters are stored under the left hip plate of the mechanized frame.  This can be used by the pilot outside of the battle armor.

- Stabilizers: This passive system distributes and evens out the weight of the Scimitar when it is in motion, allowing the user to maneuver with the same grace, ease of movement and precision as the pilot can move outside of the mechanized frame.  The stabilizers also assist in holding a fixed position for extended periods of time (when aiming, for example) and helps counter the vertigo and disorientation effects from high-speed maneuvers.  The system assists the Scimitar’s pilot when it is moving sideways or upside-down thanks to the magnetic surfaces.

Strengths:
- Agility: The Scimitar’s jet boots and stabilizers, combined with its top running speed of 200 kph (that can be reached within 2.98 seconds) makes this battle armor a surprisingly quick and nimble mechanized unit.  It can outrun heavy artillery fire and close in on larger, slower mechs before they can get a chance to readjust their aim or position.

- Hands: The hands on the Scimitar allow the battle armor to operate a wide range of equipment, without requiring any modification to the mech. It can pick up and use clubs, blades, rifles, shotguns, RPG launchers, and a variety mech-sized tools. More importantly, it can reload hand-held weapons, implying a functionally infinite ammo supply in combat (assuming there is a functionally infinite ammo supply available).

- Life-like motion: The Scimitar’s build allows for its pilot to move with all the same dexterity, ease and precision that the pilot possesses outside of the cockpit.

- Melee combat: With its array of melee options, raw speed and stealth capabilities, the Scimitar is an efficient close-combat battle armor and can be devastating when attacking unaware targets.

- Sealed cockpit: The Scimitar can function underwater, is immune to airborne toxins, survive the vacuum of space, resist the pressure of ocean depths and can be deployed nearly anywhere on the face of the Earth.

- Stealth: The entirety of the Scimitar’s subsystems are based for or around stealth.  With less than ten seconds of preparation, this mechanized frame can become near-invisible, generate no sound, hide its heat signature and be virtually undetectable, so long as it is moving at stealth speed (one-tenth of its max speed or less).

Weaknesses:
- EMP: The cloaking system, heat suppressor, noise inhibitor and energy garrote are vulnerable to electromagnetic pulses and will shut down immediately if they are active during an EMP emission.  This can lock out some of the Scimitar’s most useful systems while potentially revealing the battle armor as it is intruding deep inside hostile territory.

- Life-like motion: The Scimitar is designed to mimic the real-life physical capabilities of the pilot. The battle armor’s on-board AI cannot serve any kind of direct combat role.  If the pilot is unconscious, the Scimitar will remain unresponsive (but an emergency program will kick in to try and stir the pilot.  The program includes sounds, lights, low-voltage electrical prodding, smelling salts and a defibrillator if the AI detects cardiac failure).  The mechanized frame reflects the abilities of its pilot; it does not compensate for them.

- No flight capabilities: This battle armor has no chassis-based flight options.

- No ranged combat: The Scimitar currently possesses no ranged combat options.

- Self-reliance: The Scimitar is designed to be a stealth-based, self-sufficient mech unit to be used in unconventional warfare and long-term deployment behind enemy lines.  This severely limits the battle armor’s utility in group tactics, forcing it into indirect combat roles such as distracting, flanking, sabotage or sniping.  The Scimitar’s pilot needs to be creative to circumvent these design limitations.

- Size: Regardless of its efficiency, the Scimitar remains a 5-ton battle armor and is thus smaller and more vulnerable than larger, heavier mechs built for direct warfare.

- Specialization: The Scimitar possesses few options in an open, prolonged combat situation.  It is designed for infiltration and surprise attacks, not frontal assaults or heavy fire support.

- Stealth mode: In order for its subsystems to be at their most effective, the Scimitar must move at one-tenth of its top speed with inactive weapons in hand, severely limiting the distance it can cover while at this speed.

Equipment/Gear: Elijah’s military backpack fits in a small sealed container affixed to the inside back-plate of the suit.  It is only accessible when the Scimitar is open.

King Serperior

Alright!  Now this is a true 'Stealth Ninja Mech!'  Nothing more that I need to say, GMC.  As far as I can see, it's great in my eyes.  Thank you for making the changes that you did.

The only thing I could think of adding would be 'Mag Grenades' for attaching them to metal walls and opposing mechs, but even if you didn't, I just love what I am seeing now.  If no one else has any issues, your character is 100% accepted.   ;D

Now, all we need to do is wait for the last two character sheets to be updated.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

akirakaneda

Sheet, final version

Name:  Saigo Miyamoto
Role:  Mecha pilot
Nicknames:  Sai (for those who are close to him), Raijin (God of thunder)
Callsign:  none for now
Sexuality:  hetero
Height:  1.70 m/ 5.5 ft
Weight:  58 kg.
Eyes:  brown
Hair:  black
Skin:  lightly tanned
Physique:  Healthy and strong but not toned
Distinguishing Marks:  Scars on his chest and arms, a tattoo of bones and skull on his right arm on a text of “702”, on the left arm, a haiku: 平和のための血液

Appearance: A Japanese descendant, he carries a katana which is at his side when he is piloting (just like WWII Japanese pilots), if there is time to prepare for a battle he will wear a hachimaki or Japanese traditional bandana around his forehead. If he is not preparing for fighting he can wear casual clothes which makes him look like another guy of his age, he doesn´t look particularly like the "military guy". 

Bio:  Son of a rich and aristocratic Japanese family exiled from Japan by being the main leaders of a militaristic faction, aiming to abandon the pacifist politics of Japan in favor of a militaristic and expansionist approach.
He was educated in a traditional Japanese way, formal and frugal, since he was a child was trained in martial arts, especially in kendo and bojutsu; and also imbued of the political ideas that his family has adopted and also of the bushido code.
In the exile, the militaristic faction promoted the development of new military technology in alliance with "friendly nations" which also let them create a mercenary unit which later would be known as the “Rising Sun Legion” which fought for foreign nations who supported the growing militarism of the exiled aristocrats, who compose the core and high command, it is formed by all kind of Japanese men and women, those who wanted an adventure in far lands and those escaping from poverty or justice in Japan. The "Legion" is an armed force of disciplined mercenaries, operating like a frei korp, a unit of mercenaries with an independent chain of command.
Saigo joint the Rising Sun Legion at 14 although he was the son of an important leader in the Legion, and his older brother was also an officer, he advanced through the ranks by his own merits having to pass the same training of any other soldier. For the 18 he was a seasoned veteran, a talented pilot and a remarkable squadron leader. Since that age he knew the rigors of combat: to sleep under rain or in a trench during a bombardment, eat bad and few, march long distances under a burning sun or in the coldest winter. That made him slowly doubt about the ideas of a militarist regime as the best future for Japan, as a soldier he is very pragmatic, worry more about keep the discipline among his subordinates and keep them highly motivated than in political indoctrination.
He and his platoon are well known and respected due to their success in battle but mainly due to survive the worst missions, even for a mercenary unit, they are usually in charge of piercing enemy formations or taking strongholds. They are nicknamed the "fumetsu tai" or the "immortal squadron" the nickname is the product of their ability to survive through courage, toughness and skills, if the Rising Sun Legion is the elite that any army could desire, then the "Fumetsu tai" is the elite of the elite. Their enemies, on the other hand, know them as the "slanted eyes devils".

Before the accident, he was taking a new mecha to Earth, a test type, the evolution of past models, particularly the TS 18 and the TS 18-tokko, the new model has been proven in the Moon and it was considered to be ready for mass-production in some place of the Earth where the militarists have supporters. The mecha is a new model, but based in previous mechas. Then the accident took place. He is not going to abandon this mecha, and certainly not to Ryazan, a historical enemy of Japan.

Equipment/Gear:  a Katana given by his grandfather and a mouser C 96

Name:  Suki Kojiro
Role:  mecha pilot (especialized in assistant duties)
Nicknames:  Raijin's puppy, Scarface Kojiro
Callsign:  none for now
Sexuality:  straight (but repressing bisexual inclinations)
Height:  5'5
Weight:  56 kg
Eyes:  black
Hair:  black
Skin:  lightly tanned
Physique:  Healthy and thin
Distinguishing Marks:  She has many scars but the most important are a deep scar in the right side of her face which is covered by a lock of her hair, another scar on her right ribs just under her breast and a tattoo with skull and bones in her left arm and the number "1326"
Appearance: Her eyes are black, she can wear a hachimaki on the forehead for piloting, also some people believes she has a tomboyish appearance

Bio: She was a common girl living in Tokyo, the second daughter of a middle class family, she was an excellent student but by the time she was in college she had been seduced by the ideology of the militaristic faction about a strong Japan ruled not by a corrupt Parliament. At the age of 18 she quit college and joint to the Rising Sun Legion.
She was a remarkable skilled volunteer as the officers of the Legion saw her natural talent to think in strategies and process information in the few seconds that decisiones had to be taken in battlefield. She quickly received the role of second pilot in a two manned mecha, a TS 18 the previous version of the TS 28. Her partner, Megumi Mirin, was a veteran and helped to improved her skills hoping to fight together some day.
But, during a battle 2 years ago, the mecha they were piloting received severe damages, the first pilot, who had been her mentor, died. She survived with many minor scars on the body and two big scars, one crosses the right side of her face and the other on her right lower ribs just behind her breasts. Those scars cause her pain still and she need to take analgesics, as her promotion to lieutenant and the responsibility to command her own mecha get closer she is developing a taste for strong analgesics which, until now, had not interfered with her duties. Although she had said she doesn´t care about those scars she hides them, the first under a lock of hair and the other is the reason why she never wear a bikini or such.
After that battle she was assigned to be second pilot for Saigo, she is awaiting to be promoted to lieutenant to pilot her own mecha as first pilot.
She follows the bushido code as well and feel herself as a modern warrior whose honor is based on her loyalty to their superiors and to the emperor (which, she believes is serving although he may not agree with it),  also, she is an ideologically committed soldier who truly believes that a totalitarian and strong government is the way to stop the corruption and dependency of Japan to foreign powers. She is extremely close-minded in that topic, being even more stubborn than some of her superior officers, therefore she had no problems with defending their violent or xenophobist ideas.
Equipment/Gear (Grabbed before entering the Mech's Storage Container):  A backpack with personal clothes, a katana and a dose of analgesics

Chassis:  Mitsubishi TS-28-tokko
Model:  Custom
Weight Class: medium
Weight: 45 tons - 49 tons (fully armed)
Height: 16 m
Top Speed:  90 Km/h without thruster and 170 Km/h with thruster

Mech Name:  "Kaiten" (Heaven shaker)

Armaments:  1. Particle cannon (fixed): Located in its head is probably the most powerful gun available for this mecha but certainly not the main nor the most useful gun. It fires a concentrated beam of electronic particles, as it doesn't fie a solid projectile it has no recoil and an effective range of 4 km. but its effects are better if shot closer, at the end of the 4 km it produces 2nd degree burns as much for people, probably a hot surface for mechas. Although it's powerful and got a descent range, it devours the energy reserves of the mecha and also, due that overheats easily, it can be only shot 3 times before the electronic matrix (the core of the particle cannon) had to be replaced (and as those are produced in specialized in the colonies it is almost no way to replace them on Earth), a fourth shot is theoretically possible but its consequences might be from a blackout to an explosion in the energy system. It has also another problem, being a particle cannon, it can only shot straight and doesn’t have the parabolic inclination of a cannon shooting solid ammo.
2. High vibration knives (fixed): A set of metal blades of a modest size which can vibrate using the same particle technology of the particle cannon, capable to slice enemy mecha’s armor, it cannot pierce deeply but it is useful to cause damage on precise points. Are located in each arm of the mecha and are not hold in their hands  bit comes from their wrists. Its slicing/vibrating capability is underdeveloped due to the fear that its vibration may damage the mecha's arms.
3. Gattling gun (fixed): A slug-firing cannon with multiple barrels. The Gatling has a very high fire rate, using up ammunition with surprising speed. It has recoil and can be fired from point blank to medium range, but is located only on the left arm. It is not a big gun, for the mechas standards, actually is relatively small, designed to deal with small mechas or enemy infantry, it is a bit bigger than the size the of Miniguns used in helicopters. Its bullets are contained in a cartridge which is charged in the forearm. It can shot explosive or solid ammunition.
4. Missiles pods (not fixed):  attached to the thighs of the mecha it can carry 6 missiles of medium range.

Armaments (Non-Standard):  1. High vibration spear(not fixed): A long spear which use the same technology of the vibration knives. It has more power and it's probably the main weapon of this mecha.

Subsystems (Standard and Nonstandard): 
1. Main thruster (not fixed): a part almost of the same height of the mecha itself it can provides an remarkable speed, it allows to perform jumps to some notorious height or to provide an equally impressive acceleration while advancing horizontally. It was not thought to be used like a jet thruster, which is in use permanently while the airplane is flying, but to be used during a few seconds to allow the mecha reach the enemies or escape of them.
2. Strategical propulsors and repulsors (fixed): set in different places of the mecha play a key role to get maneuverability and perform the uki-ashi or floating feet.   It was a samurai technique which focuses on fighting while standing only on the toes, and then being able to react and change position suddenly for attack or defense. For this mecha using the thruster to move fastly. The propellers and repulsors also help to change direction suddenly.
3. Twin radar system (fixed): the mecha has a twin radar system, the first, in the left shoulder is long ranged and reaching 5 to 6 km. but there is a gap of 8 seconds between every radar pulse. The second radar system, in the right shoulder, is of close ranged, but aims to read more precise details and the gap is of 1.5 seconds, reaching only between 500 and 600 m.
4. Other detection systems (fixed): Besides the radar, it has thermic sensors and sensors which can read the electromagnetic activity (like those produced by intense electrical activity), although it has both, only one of these 2 can work at the time, is up to the pilots to switch one another depending of the situation. Both work relatively well in close range, are very imprecise in medium range, and don’t work beyond 400 m.

Strengths:  1. Firepower: Even with its limitations it has a good firepower in close range ( the gattling) and a reasonable firepower in medium range (the missiles) its particle cannon also provides a limited but important support in long range, its potency surpass most of what you can expect in a mecha of that size since it was developed to pierce that even the heaviest mecha can offer.
2. Speed and maneuverability: Its main thruster makes it a fast mecha capable to reach good speed and also to move on the battlefield with great skill which makes it capable to evade shots and to move into favorable positions to attack or defend itself, of course with a good pilot.
3. Versatile: Having many options means be able to alternate among them and build complex strategies to obtain the most of each weapon, being a two manned mecha, also helps to think in strategies even in the worst of the fight
4. Some weapons are easy to repair and charge: Some weapons like missiles and the Gatling gun are cheap to maintain and their ammo is cheap and easy to find, some others like the knives and spears works directly with the power system of the mecha.

Weaknesses:  1. Armor: this mecha has firepower and speed, but some of the armor protection had to be sacrificed, its armor is lighter than in other mechas of its size. This weakness was supposedly compensated by a speed that should make it a difficult target and style of fighting that emphasizes eliminating the enemy in one blow if fighting in close range.
2. Spare parts: it is not easy to find all spare parts, besides, it is not easy neither to find spare parts for a machine which is not in the market. Some of them could be found in very specialized companies, a couple of them only in the colonies.
3. Test type: although most of the gun systems could work pretty well, the Particle cannon are still in test and development phase, therefore failures are to be expected.

Overall Description:  The "Kaiten" is a bipedal two manned unit, one pilot, the first pilot, the striker or "arrow", is in charge of fighting the enemies in front of him, pretty much like the standard mecha-pilot; the second pilot, the assistant or the "bow", is in charge of the main radar screen and other electronic pieces, to receive and send complex messages and turn it into simple orders for his partner and keep an eye on the battlefield and specially to ensure that the particle cannon be shot in the optimal conditions available during battle. It is a secondary role but still can influence the result of the battle. We could say that the arrow is the tactical aspect while the bow is the strategical one, that commands the mecha, However the mecha can work pretty well with only one man in the fighting aspects, but the radar and sensors information is given in screens over the head of the first pilot, which cannot show the whole picture or give the details as another pilot could.

It was developed to be an elite assault unit, able to advance over no-man's land faster than other mechas, but also to penetrate the enemy formations through superior firepower and stop a potential counterattack in close ranged combat.

Equipment/Gear:  Handguns and knives: 2 handguns and 2 ballistic knives, although there are standard items the pilots can bring their own weapons
Fire extinguisher
Survival kits: One for each pilot contain first aid kits, radios, and an e-tool
Purifier masks: it covers the whole face without diminish the vision range and it works like a gas mask
1 flare pistol
1 compass
Although there is a compartment for water and food reserves, it is currently empty

Giantmutantcrab

I think Saigo and Suki could be natural allies with Elijah. Which is great :)

Saria, now that the Scimitar is approved, may I humbly request a blurb on the front page to show how cool my character is, too?

:D

Thank you!

King Serperior

Alrighty then, let's take a look at this:

Quote from: akirakaneda on September 27, 2015, 09:18:09 PM
Sheet, final version

Name:  Saigo Miyamoto
Okay, Saigo looks good.

Name:  Suki Kojiro
Okay, Suki looks good too.  I do hope her need for those drugs doesn't cause too many problems as I doubt that dosage will last for even half the journey.

Now, for the mech:
Chassis:  Mitsubishi TS-28-tokko
Model:  Custom
Weight Class: medium
Weight: 45 tons - 49 tons (fully armed)
Height: 16 m
Top Speed:  90 Km/h without thruster and 170 Km/h with thruster
Alright, that looks good to me!

Armaments:  1. Particle cannon (fixed): Located in its head is probably the most powerful gun available for this mecha but certainly not the main nor the most useful gun. It fires a concentrated beam of electronic particles, as it doesn't fie a solid projectile it has no recoil and an effective range of 4 km. but its effects are better if shot closer, at the end of the 4 km it produces 2nd degree burns as much for people, probably a hot surface for mechas. Although it's powerful and got a descent range, it devours the energy reserves of the mecha and also, due that overheats easily, it can be only shot 3 times before the electronic matrix (the core of the particle cannon) had to be replaced (and as those are produced in specialized in the colonies it is almost no way to replace them on Earth), a fourth shot is theoretically possible but its consequences might be from a blackout to an explosion in the energy system. It has also another problem, being a particle cannon, it can only shot straight and doesn’t have the parabolic inclination of a cannon shooting solid ammo.
Looks good to me.  Looks like those three shots should be saved for an emergency, unless they wish to risk a fourth shot!

3. Gattling gun (fixed): A slug-firing cannon with multiple barrels. The Gatling has a very high fire rate, using up ammunition with surprising speed. It has recoil and can be fired from point blank to medium range, but is located only on the left arm. It is not a big gun, for the mechas standards, actually is relatively small, designed to deal with small mechas or enemy infantry, it is a bit bigger than the size the of Miniguns used in helicopters. Its bullets are contained in a cartridge which is charged in the forearm. It can shot explosive or solid ammunition.
With the Medium class chosen, this looks good to me now.

Subsystems (Standard and Nonstandard): 
1. Main thruster (not fixed): a part almost of the same height of the mecha itself it can provides an remarkable speed, it allows to perform jumps to some notorious height or to provide an equally impressive acceleration while advancing horizontally. It was not thought to be used like a jet thruster, which is in use permanently while the airplane is flying, but to be used during a few seconds to allow the mecha reach the enemies or escape of them.
Looks much better to me now.

2. Propellers and repulsors (fixed): set in different places of the mecha play a key role to get maneuverability and perform the uki-ashi or floating feet.   It was a samurai technique which focuses on fighting while standing only on the toes, and then being able to react and change position suddenly for attack or defense. For this mecha using the thruster to move fastly. The propellers and repulsors also help to change direction suddenly.
Perhaps just call it 'Strategic Repulsers' instead and remove the 'Propellers?'  The propellers make it sound like a plane.  Other than that, I like it.

Strengths:  1. Firepower: Even with its limitations it has a good firepower in close range ( the gattling) and a reasonable firepower in medium range (the missiles) its particle cannon also provides a limited but important support in long range, its potency surpass most of what you can expect in a mecha of that size since it was developed to pierce that even the heaviest mecha can offer.
2. Speed and maneuverability: Its main thruster makes it a fast mecha capable to reach good speed and also to move on the battlefield with great skill which makes it capable to evade shots and to move into favorable positions to attack or defend itself, of course with a good pilot.
3. Versatile: Having many options means be able to alternate among them and build complex strategies to obtain the most of each weapon, being a two manned mecha, also helps to think in strategies even in the worst of the fight
4. Some weapons are easy to repair and charge: Some weapons like missiles and the Gatling gun are cheap to maintain and their ammo is cheap and easy to find, some others like the knives and spears works directly with the power system of the mecha.
Everything looks good here with the changes made.

Overall Description:  The "Raijin" it is a bipedal mecha two manned unit, one pilot, the fighter or "arrow", is in charge of fighting the enemies in front of him, pretty much like the standard mecha-pilot; the second pilot, the commander or the "bow", is in charge of the main radar screen and other electronic pieces, to receive and send complex messages and turn it into simple orders for his partner and keep an eye on the battlefield and specially to ensure that the particle cannon be shot in the optimal conditions available during battle. It is a secondary role but still can influence the result of the battle. We could say that the arrow is the tactical aspect while the bow is the strategical one, that commands the mecha, However the mecha can work pretty well with only one man in the fighting aspects, but the radar and sensors information is given in screens over the head of the first pilot, which cannot show the whole picture or give the details as another pilot could.

It was developed to be an elite assault unit, able to advance over no-man's land faster than other mechas, but also to penetrate the enemy formations through superior firepower and stop a potential counterattack in close ranged combat.
Now that you have two pilots, things are looking better  Thanks for the changes made!

Now, unless anyone else has questions or thoughts, I am perfectly fine with this much improved character sheet.

Now, we just need to wait on the last one to get patched up and we should be ready to get the game under way!    ;D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Giantmutantcrab

It's a bit of a shame that the Phoenix needed such a big weight loss!

With the mech's format and his size, I saw the party looking like this:

I do love how they gave one of the most immense Transformers in existence a one-handed pistol.

:D

King Serperior

Well, 90-95 tons isn't small.  However, the weight as it is now would not support a bipedal design.  I would think 100 tons is the absolute max for a bipedal design as it would put a lot of strain on the legs and make it move much, much slower than even the Ragnarok.  From what Garuss said, the Pheonix is supposed to be covered with heavy armor that allows it to get close to an opponent to fight and deal as much damage as possible under the effective range of most weaponry.

That said, GMC, would you mind putting that in a spoiler or use these tags instead:

[img height=300]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE*[/img]

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Giantmutantcrab

King Serperior

By the way, GMC, I forgot to make note of a couple of small details for your character's Battle Armor:

How many of each grenade, mine, or bomb does the mech carry on standard?  Also, for the Garrott, due to it being so small, I would imagine that while it does drain energy at a high rate, it could be used for more than 60 seconds.  Perhaps 5 minutes would be the max for it's charge with a one hour recharge time?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: King Serperior on September 28, 2015, 01:49:00 PM
By the way, GMC, I forgot to make note of a couple of small details for your character's Battle Armor:

How many of each grenade, mine, or bomb does the mech carry on standard?  Also, for the Garrott, due to it being so small, I would imagine that while it does drain energy at a high rate, it could be used for more than 60 seconds.  Perhaps 5 minutes would be the max for it's charge with a one hour recharge time?

Oh.  Umm...  I was thinking maybe 2 of each?  That turns into the mech carrying 10 or 12 grenades on him, which is a logical number without it becoming cumbersome or outright dangerous.  I mean, these are still fairly large items and the Scimitar dosen't have cargo pants, so it would be complicated for him to be running around with all that.  Also, they're basically all grenades.  The Scimitar carries around a cute little toolkit with pressure plates and wires and stuff.  It can use these items to modify the grenades to become mines, booby-traps, etc.  :)

Well if you want it to be 5 minutes instead of 60 seconds, I don't mind at all.  that's an upgrade.  I just wanted it to be a really fast drain in order to underline just how absolutely deadly this weapon is.  If the Scimitar can sneak up on another battle armor, he activates it and zoom...  decapitation in a couple of seconds.  That's a pretty terrifying level of power so I wanted to make really sure that was limited so I don't go around slicing off limbs for fun and profit.  And I wanted to show how much of an energy hog this thing is.  But if you feel 5 minutes would make more sense, cool.

King Serperior

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 28, 2015, 02:28:44 PM
Oh.  Umm...  I was thinking maybe 2 of each?  That turns into the mech carrying 10 or 12 grenades on him, which is a logical number without it becoming cumbersome or outright dangerous.  I mean, these are still fairly large items and the Scimitar dosen't have cargo pants, so it would be complicated for him to be running around with all that.  Also, they're basically all grenades.  The Scimitar carries around a cute little toolkit with pressure plates and wires and stuff.  It can use these items to modify the grenades to become mines, booby-traps, etc.  :)
Alright, sounds decent.  Unless you want to mix it up like 3 Smokes, 1 Anti-Armor, 2 Flash-bangs.  You know, that sort of thing.   :-)
Well if you want it to be 5 minutes instead of 60 seconds, I don't mind at all.  that's an upgrade.  I just wanted it to be a really fast drain in order to underline just how absolutely deadly this weapon is.  If the Scimitar can sneak up on another battle armor, he activates it and zoom...  decapitation in a couple of seconds.  That's a pretty terrifying level of power so I wanted to make really sure that was limited so I don't go around slicing off limbs for fun and profit.  And I wanted to show how much of an energy hog this thing is.  But if you feel 5 minutes would make more sense, cool.
Well, I figured that there would be some point where he'll be away from support for a while or in the middle of a battle.  60 seconds is good when sneaking behind humans and maybe some Battle Armors, but if you needed to magnetize yourself to the back of a larger mech and cut through some heavier armor, 60 seconds may not cut it, especially if he'd already used a portion of the energy on smaller targets.

So, we meet in the middle and say three minutes, which will triple your time and further demonstrate what an energy-eating hog it is.  Deal?   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Giantmutantcrab

Four minutes?  It's a nice number and I can divide 60 minutes into 4, making it an even 15-minute locked pause for each minute of use.

King Serperior

Okay, sounds fair enough.  Though, what do you mean by a locked pause?  Do you mean that after a minute of use, it locks down for 15 minutes to cool off before it can be reactivated?  Or am I missing something?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Giantmutantcrab

Oh I mean that if it's recharging for 15 minutes, the recharge cannot be cancelled or interrupted.  It's locked down.  And Elijah is not an engineer so he would have no idea how to override that.

King Serperior

Ah, okay, that makes sense.  So, let's summarize what we have now:

It can be used for four minutes continuously with a 60 minute recharge time.  If it is used for a minute or more continuously and then shut down, it takes 15 minutes of lock-down to cool off and recharge before it's ready for use again.  Correct?  Of course, during this recharge period, it's not recharging energy, but rather cycling the remaining energy, no?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Giantmutantcrab

Uh, why yes, of course it's recycling the remaining energy.

I mean, it's not like I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

*is totally an energy science buff*

^^;

*...is actually not*

But seriously, I had not thought of that.  Perhaps each handle has two individual power cells, each one of them with a 1-minute capacity and 15-minute cooldown.  The moment one is drained, another one starts up as the first one is locked down for its 15-minute cooldown.  But the cooldown cannot begin if the garotte is still being used when the new power cell takes over the charge.  So this way, when it goes through all four cells, we have the full 60-minute cooldown.  If he goes through one minute, it's the 15-minute lockdown.  If it's one minute and 15 seconds for example, the cell will begin a recharge but we can have that as an "open" recharge (so he can still use that cell).

King Serperior

In that case, I would like to think that when one of the 1-minute cells is drained, it cannot be recharged individually.  So, when one cell drains and the Garrott is still active, it begins to drain from the next cell automatically.  Doing this, however, means that the energy use becomes less efficient with each cell being drained, so each of the remaining cells only last 25% less than the previous cell:

4 fully charged cells - 60 seconds per cell
3 fully charged cells - 45 seconds per cell
2 fully charged cells - 30 seconds per cell
1 fully charged cell - 15 seconds.

So, without the 15 minute recycle period, the time of continuous use becomes less efficient over time, giving the Garrott a total of 150 seconds or 2.5 minutes.  However, when it is shut down for the recycle period, though the drained cell doesn't recharge, the cells reset as they begin to work more efficiently, resulting in this:

3 cells - 60 seconds
2 cells - 45 seconds
1 cell - 30 seconds

And so on and so forth.  Get what I am trying to say?  Since the technology is experimental, the efficiency of each cell must be given a chance to adapt to the power output.  It still takes a hour to fully recharge the energy cells, which I assume cannot be interrupted?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace