▸▸ℍeavy Metal Magellan◂◂ free-form, original mech roleplay (full)

Started by Saria, September 16, 2015, 10:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

The laser weapon on my mech is effectively a melee weapon when it comes to combating other mechs. In that it needs to be used at close range. Based off that maybe something like a laser cutter or thermal lance sort of weapon could be used. Something like when it's activated it projects a very short range laser beam that dissipates too soon for it to be a ranged weapon but is powerful enough to be useful as a melee one. Similarly a weapon that uses heat to cut (similar to a welding torch in basic concept) could possibly behave as a melee weapon if designed correctly.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Garuss Vakarian

Name:  Jacob Maelstrom
Role: Local mech fighter
Nicknames:  Jake
Callsign:  The Pheonix
Sexuality:  Hetero
Height:  6 foot 2
Weight:  210
Eyes:  Green
Hair:  Brown
Skin:  White
Physique: 
Distinguishing Marks: Scar on the upper left part of his chin.

Appearance:  Scar on the left of his chin

Bio:  Jacob was born and raised within the slums of California. Living a tough life, where you had to learn to get tough, and get smart quick. If not, you would get chewed and spat out. In the earliest years, as soon as he was old enough to throw a punch he was pulled in with the wrong crowd. Fighting, dealing, stealing for the local gang's. Something he was not to proud of but, it payed the bill's. Every day was a fight for survival, every day your afraid if a riot will break out or a military combat would break out around you. It's why Jacob vowed he would leave, put his combat skills to some real use. And thats when it all started. One day, he ran into an old friend. Cassey, a bubbly blond with a glass half full mentality. She was getting jumped s she left a mechanics shop, Jacob happy to intervene once he recognized the poor girl. Seeing as though she seemed to be carrying some heavy parts. He decided to help her carry it home. Jacob was surprised to see that her father owned the local Junkyard, further that the parts he was carrying went to a project of hers. A mech she was building, of the old hollow body of a wreck from long ago. One that Casey planned to use to make some money. Mech battles have a lot of money going for it, even the illegal pit fights outside of the league. It didnt look to pretty, but it had potential. With a bit of convincing, Jacob agreed to stick around and help her out.

Years later, the two had finished their little monster. And while Jacob learned a lot from Casey on how to manage and repair the thing, they formed a beneficial duo. She did repairs, he piloted the mech. Before long, after a few crash coarse's he was well within the pit fighting communities. Naming their mech, Pheonix, after the mythological bird. For they built her from scratch, resurrecting a long dead body. But it was not as rewarding as the two had hoped. From getting ripped off by fight coordinators, to law enforcement ruining the fights before they can finish. Hell, to angry pilots jumping them with their friends... Well, they were having bad luck.

But luck appeared to have changed, when Jacob was given an offer he couldn't refuse. He was given an offer to join a small merc regiment, their leader impressed by his talent. After a long argument with Cassey, she agreed to let him have Pheonix.  And with a heartfelt goodbye. He was finally making his dream to get out of that shit hole, and see far off places. First stop, to the moon for the merc squads next job.

Equipment/Gear (Grabbed before entering the Mech's Storage Container):  Flight Jacket, necklace locket, 9mm side arm, caset tapes (For his mechs caset system.)

Chassis:  Heavy chassis, Zel-Tech module 29
Zel-tech; An old long dead company with outdated models

Model:  Custom; made out of the skeleton of a way old and outdated model by the long dead company Zel-tech. However old, slow and outdated it may be the model makes up for it in it's effective armor and heat resistance. As well as a hybrid Power Core, designed to keep his mech from overheating as often with it's large size and guns. (Note, engine fires are possible.)
Weight Class:  Heavy
Weight:  75 tons with a max loadout of about 90 tons..
Height: Mech Height; 12 meters
Top Speed:  On foot; a slow arduous 15 miles per hour in full sprint.  With attachable guided jump pack; 30 miles per hour
Mech Name:  The Phoenix
Armaments (Standard Layout):  It's standard layout is a Gatling gun on right arm, a lazer rifle on the left.

Armaments (Non-Standard):    Detachable blade inside it's left leg. She is designed for thick protection, and getting close and personal. However, the pheonix is currently only armed for urban warfare. Specifically to stay quiet, and make the least amount of public damage as possible. (Due to the illegal pitfighting she was designed to be in.)

Subsystems (Standard and Nonstandard):  Additionally a target assisted anti missile machine gun is on the right shoulder,

Strengths:  Experimental Power Core, designed to keep his mech from overheating as often with it's large size and guns. (Note, engine fires are possible.), Strong (Can lift up to almost 25 percent more then it's normal weight ie; lifts 400 tons. For grabbing and moving heavy loads, or for punching if need be.) , Well protected ( Takes one hell of a wallop.)

Weaknesses:  Very loud, Slow Moving, Limited mobility,

Overall Description:  Like in picture.

Equipment/Gear:  Bedroll, hundred foot rope, spare clothes, an FN Scar with an extra clip with spare clip, backpack fitted with; small medkit, utensil's, survival knife, blanket, 1 week rations and canteen. 

Ugh, sorry for the long wait, I just found this so hard.  Half the time im wondering if it's the kind of character I want to play, other half I am questioning how he fits. >_< Just been second guessing myself like a mad man. Had to finally ask King for his opinion, which I am thankfull for. Otherwise it would have took longer. xD

Garuss and Crab, you both have broken italics tags which make your profiles hard to read. :(

King Serperior

Okay, I have been up and busy since 5am and only just managed to get home at 10pm, so I am extremely exhausted.  It will likely be sometime tomorrow before I even feel like I am ready to go over everyone's CS's, so please forgive the delays.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Saria

The delays are unforgivable. ~flexes the spanking paddle~ Punishment is due.
Saria is no longer on Elliquiy, and no longer available for games

Garuss Vakarian

Lol,

Karma: Sorry, I didnt notice. My bad, I am usually better with code though I do have my blunders. T_T My code skills are fairly limited to adding Bold, Italics, and a  color glow.

Saria

Saria is no longer on Elliquiy, and no longer available for games

King Serperior

Okay, I have a little time now to begin looking over the character sheets. 

Quote from: akirakaneda on September 23, 2015, 10:16:37 PM
Saigo joint the Rising Sun Legion at 14 and for the 18 he was a seasoned veteran and also a talented pilot and a notorious squadron leader.
One thing of note:  This 'Rising Sun Legion' is supposed to be a mercenary faction, correct?  Or is this part of the military?  If the latter, I doubt any military would recruit someone that young.  If it were a true mercenary group that split away from the home country, I could understand them taking in recruits from that young of an age.
Weight Class: light
Weight: 34 tons - 40 tons (fully armed)
Height: 10.5 m
Top Speed:  22 Km/h
I have spoken with Saria and we both agree that you might be underestimating the size and weight of the mech, especially since it is considered a 2-pilot one.  After a little discussion, you may want to change the weight to ~45-50 tons, thus making it a Medium weight class;  As for height, you would likely need to up it to about 15-18 meters.  Also, if speed is your mech's greatest strength, then a top speed that is slower than even the Ragnarok's isn't quite as useful!
Armaments:  1. Particle cannon (fixed): Located in its head is probably the most powerful gun available for this mecha but certainly not the main nor the most useful gun. It fires a concentrated beam of electronic particles, as it doesn't fie a solid projectile it has no recoil and an efective range of 4 km. but its effects are better if shot closer, at the end of the 4 km it produces 2nd degree burns as much for people, probably a hot surface for mechas. Although it's powerful and got a descent range, it devours the energy reserves of the mecha and also, due that overheats easily, it can be only shot 3 times before the electronic matrix (the core of the particle cannon) had to be replaced (and as those are produced in specialized in the colonies it is hardly a way to replace them on Earth), a fourth time is theorically possible but its consequences might be from a blackout to a explosion of the power system. It has also another problem, being a particle cannon, it can only shot straight and doesn’t have the parabolic inclination of a cannon shooting solid ammo.
Okay, I like the changes a lot better, but I still don't know if you mean that the weapon can only be fired three times total or three times in a short period of time with a theoretical fourth shot?  I assume that you mean it's three times total?
2. High vibration knives (fixed): A set of metal blades of a modest size which can vibrate using the same particle technology of the particle cannon, capable to slice enemy mecha’s armor, it cannot pierce deeply but it is useful to cause damage on precise points. Are located in each arm of the mecha and are not hold in their hands  bit comes from their wrists. Its slicing/vibrating capability is underdeveloped due to the fear that its vibration may damage the mecha's arms.
Looks good here.
3. Gattling gun (fixed): A slug-firing cannon with multiple barrels. The gatling has a very high fire rate, using up ammunition with surprising speed. It has recoil and can be fired from point blank to medium range, but is located only mounted on the left arm. It is not a big gun, for the mechas standards, actually is relatively small, designed to deal with small mechas or enemy infantry, it is a bit bigger than the size the of Miniguns used in helicopters. Its bullets are contained in a cartridge which is charged in the forearm. It can shot explosive or solid ammunition.
Seems okay to me, though if you keep it as a Light class, the recoil will be greater than normal.
4. Missiles pods (not fixed):  attached to the thighs of the mecha it can carry 6 missiles of medium range.
Looks good.
Armaments (Non-Standard):  1. High vibration spear(not fixed): A long spear which use the same technology of the vibration knives. It has more power and it's probably the main weapon of this mecha
As said before, I like the spear idea a lot.
Subsystems (Standard and Nonstandard): 
1. Main thruster (not fixed): a part almost of the same height of the mecha itself it can provides an remarkable speed, it allows to perform jumps to some notorious height or to provide an equally impressive acceleration while advancing horizontally
Depending on the mech's power source, a thruster of that size likely can't be used for long periods of time as I would think it uses a LOT of power.  I like the idea, though such a large thruster likely impacts the mech's speed and agility.
2. Propellers and repulsors (fixed): set in different places of the mecha play a key role to get maneuverability and perform the uki-ashi or floating feet.   It was a samurai technique which focuses on fighting while standing only on the toes, and then being able to react and change position suddenly for attack or defense. For this mecha using the thruster to move fastly. The propellers and repulsors also help to change direction suddenly.
A unique and useful thing to have when fighting up close, as I imagine this mech does more often than not.  I like it.
3. Radar system (fixed): the mecha has two twin radar systems, the first, in the left shoulder is long ranged, reaching 5 to 6 km. but there is a gap of 8 seconds between every radar pulse. The second radar system, in the right shoulder, is of close ranged, but aims to read more precise details and the gap is of 1.5 seconds, reaching only between 500 and 600 m.
I like the dual radar system a lot.
4. Other detection systems (fixed): Besides the radar, it has thermic sensors and sensors which can read the electromagnetic activity (like those produced by intense electrical activity), although it has both, only one of these 2 can work at the time, is up to the pilots to switch one another depending of the situation. Both work relatively good in close range, are very imprecise in medium range, and don’t work beyond 400 m.
Electromagnetic and thermal sensors would work well, especially at night.  I like the limited range as well.
Strengths:  1. Firepower: Even with its limitations it has a good firepower in close range ( the gattling) and a reasonable firepower in medium range (the missiles) its particle cannon also provides a reduced but important support in long range, its potency surpass most of what you can expect in a mecha, since it was developed to pierce space cruiser armor.
The bold part, I have problems with.  There are no 'space cruisers' in this setting.  The only space vehicles are shuttles, transports, and satellites;  A cruiser implies a warship.  Other than that, I have no issues.
2. Speed and maneuverability: Its main thruster makes it a fast mecha capable to reach good speed and
And....what?  I believe you may have cut off something?  That said, if the mech's top speed is 22 kilometers, speed is not a strength.  The maneuverability, I can understand though.
3. Versatile: Having many options means be able to alternate among them and build complex strategies to obtain the most of each weapon
No issues here as this is quite a useful mech, weapon-wise.
4. Some weapons are easy to repair and charge: Some weapons like missiles and the gattling gun are cheap to maintain and their ammo is cheap and easy to find, some others like the knives and spears works directly with the power system of the mecha.
No issues with this either.
Weaknesses:  1. Armor: this is a mecha which has firepower and speed, but to achieve that some of the armor protection had to be sacrificed, its armor is lighter than you would expect for a mecha of its size. This weakness was suposedly compensated by a speed that should make it a difficult target and style of fighting the emphasizes eliminating the enemy in one blow if fighting in close range.
Okay, thinner armor is certainly a good weakness, but it becomes a very fatal weakness when you have weak armor AND a rather low speed.
2. Spare parts: it is not easy to find all spare parts, besides, it is not easy neither to find spare parts for a machine which is not in the market. Some of them could be found in very specialized companies, a couple of them only in the colonies.
Okay, so it's not easy to repair in the field.  Looks good to me.
3. Test type: although most of the gun systems could work pretty well, the Particle cannon are still in test and development phase, therefore failures are to be expected.
Looking forward to seeing failures from time to time.  It should be interesting.
Overall Description:  The "Raijin" it is a bipedal mecha two manned unit, one pilot, the fighter or "arrow", is in charge of fighting the enemies in front of him, pretty much like the standard mecha-pilot; the second pilot, the commander or the "bow", is in charge of the radar screen and other electronic pieces, to receive and send complex messages and turn it into simple orders for his partner and keep an eye on the battlefield, is is a secondary role but still can influence favorable the result of the battle. We could say that the arrow is the tactical aspect while the bow is the strategical one that commands the mecha, and specially to ensure that the particle cannon be shot in the optimal conditions available during battle. However mecha can work pretty well with only one man.
As noted earlier, since there is only one pilot and the mech is supposed to be designed for the use of two, if there is only one pilot, the mech should be experiencing some performance issues, or at the very least, not be working at 100% optimization.
It was developed to be an elite assault unit, able to advance over no-man's land faster than other mechas, but also to penetrate the enemy formations through superior firepower and stop a potential counterattack in close ranged combat.
Again, the issue of speed comes up.  I doubt it is an assault mech, however.  It seems to me like the kind of mech that preforms blitz attacks and gets under enemy firing range and attacking from close range.  rather than overwhelming from a distance with firepower.  Considering it's lack of armor, engaging in a firefight will likely result it the mech's destruction before it takes down another mech.

Other than that, the only other thing I ask is to make sure you use the spell checker and double-check your grammar.  It was somewhat difficult to read parts of your character sheet.

@GMC and Gurass:  I'll get to your character sheets in a moment.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

King Serperior

I missed this yesterday, so my deepest apologies for this extremely late reply.  D:
Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 24, 2015, 09:27:43 AM
Quick question for all you mech tech heads out there.

As far as melee weapons go, I've seen on this thread;
- pneumatic weapons
- vibro-weapons

Are there any other special melee weapons that mechs could have?  Both GMs have explained to me that the setting is not technologically advanced enough to have lightsabers.  Would energy Swords be a possibility?  A normal blade that, when activated, is wrapped in a field of disruptive energy that can cleave through stuff?  Or perhaps a chain-weapon (basically a super-sized chainsaw)?

Or maybe mechs are more aimed towards long-range weapons and melee is seen as archaic and kind of useless?

----------

Also, corrected Elijah's bio.  Hopefully it's good enough.
Quote from: Urbanzorro on September 24, 2015, 11:51:28 AM
The laser weapon on my mech is effectively a melee weapon when it comes to combating other mechs. In that it needs to be used at close range. Based off that maybe something like a laser cutter or thermal lance sort of weapon could be used. Something like when it's activated it projects a very short range laser beam that dissipates too soon for it to be a ranged weapon but is powerful enough to be useful as a melee one. Similarly a weapon that uses heat to cut (similar to a welding torch in basic concept) could possibly behave as a melee weapon if designed correctly.

Okay, GMC, in regards to your question, melee is NOT dead.  It just depends on the mech in question.  I am personally not sold on 'energy swords.'  It still feels somewhat advanced for this game.  Should they be viable, the swords will need to draw power from the mech in question, usually by a cable connected to the mech.  If the cable is damaged, the energy for the blade fizzles out, leaving it as a normal blade.  I HIGHLY doubt that there is any power source strong enough to be put in the hilt of such a weapon to power it for more than a couple of minutes, depending on the size of the blade.  However, in regards to a chainsaw-type of weapon, those exist.  Chainsaws or laser cutters (such as what Urbanzorro's mech uses) are both very viable.  If a mech has arms and hands, they can use spikes to pierce armor or have blades attached to the arms.  Axes and swords are both very useful weapons.  Melee weapons like maces and clubs are also very useful for smashing other mechs.

The thing is, if you want your mech to get close enough to engage in melee range, you have to make some sacrifices:
1).  Loose Armor:  Sacrifice a LOT of armor to improve speed and agility.  However, one good hit likely spells doom for the mech.
2).  Heavy Armor:  Sacrificing speed, the mech gets a LOT of armor that allows it to tank heavy hits.  However, that lack of speed means it's more likely that the opposing mech would kite you.
3).  Minimal Weaponry:  Whether you choose to go light or heavy, weapon sacrifices must be made.  You either need to keep your weapons really light to keep your speed, or use weaker, smaller weapons to make room for your armor.  Using weaker and smaller weapons means that your ranged power will be limited greatly, likely no more than medium range at best.

On that note, I would like Saria's opinion on these 'Energy Swords.'  If she thinks they're viable, then that's fine.  If they are viable, the technology is likely very experimental and prone to occasional failures.

On that note, I have a couple of things I need to do, so I'll be going over Gurass's character when I am done since his character is next on the posts.  Then, I'll finally get to GMC's as I am quite interested in finally reading that character bio.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Hey, I'm still tired.  Yesterday is still kicking my tail.  I can make some minor name errors every now and then, right?  >.>;

Sorry, Gurass!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

To be fair, the actual character's name is Garrus, not Garuss... *toddles off muttering to self*

If this game has the legs for it I'd like to have energy weapons come into play but that's literal decades down the line in this setting.

King Serperior

Okay, okay, we need to cut the chatter a little as this is not the OOC thread.  It's pushing back the problems of character sheets that need addressing and will make it harder to find.  I haven't yet gotten to the last two yet.  As of now, this is the Interest Check, so until we have things figured out, let's wait for the OOC before we get into this sort of discussion.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Giantmutantcrab

Apologies.

-----

I have removed most of my previous posts to clean up the clutter.

King Serperior

Okay, now, let's get to the next analysis in line:

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on September 24, 2015, 03:12:08 PM
Physique: 
I believe you missed this part.
Bio:  Jacob was born and raised within the slums of California. Living a tough life, where you had to learn to get tough, and get smart quick. If not, you would get chewed and spat out. In the earliest years, as soon as he was old enough to throw a punch he was pulled in with the wrong crowd. Fighting, dealing, stealing for the local gang's. Something he was not to proud of but, it payed the bill's. Every day was a fight for survival, every day your afraid if a riot will break out or a military combat would break out around you. It's why Jacob vowed he would leave, put his combat skills to some real use. And thats when it all started. One day, he ran into an old friend. Cassey, a bubbly blond with a glass half full mentality. She was getting jumped s she left a mechanics shop, Jacob happy to intervene once he recognized the poor girl. Seeing as though she seemed to be carrying some heavy parts. He decided to help her carry it home. Jacob was surprised to see that her father owned the local Junkyard, further that the parts he was carrying went to a project of hers. A mech she was building, of the old hollow body of a wreck from long ago. One that Casey planned to use to make some money. Mech battles have a lot of money going for it, even the illegal pit fights outside of the league. It didnt look to pretty, but it had potential. With a bit of convincing, Jacob agreed to stick around and help her out.

Years later, the two had finished their little monster. And while Jacob learned a lot from Casey on how to manage and repair the thing, they formed a beneficial duo. She did repairs, he piloted the mech. Before long, after a few crash coarse's he was well within the pit fighting communities. Naming their mech, Pheonix, after the mythological bird. For they built her from scratch, resurrecting a long dead body. But it was not as rewarding as the two had hoped. From getting ripped off by fight coordinators, to law enforcement ruining the fights before they can finish. Hell, to angry pilots jumping them with their friends... Well, they were having bad luck.

But luck appeared to have changed, when Jacob was given an offer he couldn't refuse. He was given an offer to join a small merc regiment, their leader impressed by his talent. After a long argument with Cassey, she agreed to let him have Pheonix.  And with a heartfelt goodbye. He was finally making his dream to get out of that shit hole, and see far off places. First stop, to the moon for the merc squads next job.

First of all, I want to say that I really love this bio.  However, it's the last paragraph that needs to be edited some.  Mercs rarely recruit on the moon.  However, depending on the recruit's talents (in this case, mech fighting), they could send him/her up there to get some tune ups since the moon has a number of facilities for that.  More than likely, the merc squad that your character came across was posted in the at the time, perhaps even a man short, so they were watching the pit fights for potential.
Chassis:  Heavy chassis, Zel-Tech module 29
Zel-tech; An old long dead company with outdated models
As noted in PM, I really love the mech you have here.
Model:  Custom; made out of the skeleton of a way old and outdated model by the long dead company Zel-tech. However old, slow and outdated it may be the model makes up for it in it's effective armor and heat resistance. As well as his Experimental Power Core, designed to keep his mech from overheating as often with it's large size and guns. (Note, engine fires are possible.)
Perhaps, rather than 'experimental' it should be 'hybrid' since your character and his friend built it from the ground up around a skeleton frame in a junkyard?  Experimental sounds like a team worked on it while Hybrid has that feeling of combining a number of parts to create something new.
Weight Class:  Heavy
Weight:  250 tons, with maximum load out 325.
Here's the biggest issue I have here.  Not only is 250 tons even heaviest than the heaviest Mech Bowl mech (and even heavier that Angela's, even fully loaded at 150 tons), but that would make it a Colossal Class.  I would say that you need to drop the mech down 75 tons with a max loadout of about 90 tons.
Height: Mech Height; 14 feet tall
Now this is a very short mech.  I would say to about 12 meters tall (about 40 feet).
Top Speed:  On foot; a slow arduous 15 miles per hour in full sprint.  With attachable guided jump pack; 30 miles per hour
Since the mech focuses on armor, this is an understandable speed, so I am quite fine with this.
Mech Name:  The Phoenix
Love the name and reason behind it!
Armaments (Standard Layout):  It's standard layout is a Gatling gun on right arm, a 40mm canon on the left.
Could you explain the weaponry in more detail?  Some more specifics would be helpful.
Armaments (Non-Standard):  Additionally a target assisted anti missile machine gun is on the right shoulder,  Detachable blade inside it's left leg. 40 mm canon is replaced with a Heavy Lazer rifle. (As seen in picture.) She is designed for thick protection, and getting close and personal. However, the pheonix is currently only armed for urban warfare. Specifically to stay quiet, and make the least amoutn of public damage as possible. (Due to the illegal pitfighting she was designed to be in.)
As above, could you go into more detail on these weapons?  Also, I want to know what you mean by the 40mm cannon being replaced by a heavy laser.
Subsystems (Standard and Nonstandard):  Detachable Jump Jet.
Heavy mechs and jump jets rarely mix well because of the increased weight causing them to either use a LOT more power than normal, thus straining them, or be very large in size, making them vulnerable.  This is why Heavy mechs almost never have them.  Also, the anti-missile machine gun would be placed here since it's not actually a weapon.
Strengths:  Experimental Power Core, designed to keep his mech from overheating as often with it's large size and guns. (Note, engine fires are possible.), Strong (Can lift up to almost 25 percent more then it's normal weight ie; lifts 400 tons. For grabbing and moving heavy loads, or for punching if need be.) , Well protected ( Takes one hell of a wallop.)
Could you go into more detail with the mech's strengths?  I highly doubt it can lift 400 tons, however.
Weaknesses:  Very loud, Slow Moving, Limited mobility,
Though there's not much you can put into specifics, perhaps some more detail should be added.
Overall Description:  A short, detailed description of the mech that the picture doesn't show.
Is it safe to assume that, by leaving this blank, that it looks exactly like the image?  If not, then some details here would be nice.

Ugh, sorry for the long wait, I just found this so hard.  Half the time im wondering if it's the kind of character I want to play, other half I am questioning how he fits. >_< Just been second guessing myself like a mad man. Had to finally ask King for his opinion, which I am thankfull for. Otherwise it would have took longer. xD
No problem at all.  I really like what I am seeing, but there are a few things that need to be taken a second look at.  I'm glad to have helped get this much done at least!

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 25, 2015, 01:19:24 PM
Apologies.

-----

I have removed most of my previous posts to clean up the clutter.
It's no major deal.  I just don't want things lost in the chatter.  It's fine when one is talking about ways to fix up mechs and characters or discussing details that someone has questions about (I.E. the questions about energy weapons and melee weapons).

Quote from: Karma on September 25, 2015, 01:40:46 PM
That said, it's time to start an OOC.
True, but I think Saria means for this to become the OOC at some point.  While that is possible (just ask a mod to move the thread to the chosen board), doing so now wouldn't be such a great idea until every character sheet has been given a good look-over and things fixed up.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

We aren't going to use a thread in the Seeking part of the site as an OOC, silly. It needs to go in the same board as the game itself. :P

King Serperior

Quote from: Karma on September 25, 2015, 02:02:17 PM
We aren't going to use a thread in the Seeking part of the site as an OOC, silly. It needs to go in the same board as the game itself. :P
I know that.  What I said was that when we get the character sheets sorted out, we ask a mod to move this thread to the game board we wish to play in.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Oh, haha. My fault, I was in a rush when I read your reply. That's weird. I've never heard of doing it that way but I guess it works.

Garuss Vakarian

Quote from: King Serperior on September 25, 2015, 11:34:17 AM
Hey, I'm still tired.  Yesterday is still kicking my tail.  I can make some minor name errors every now and then, right?  >.>;

Sorry, Gurass!

Lol, it's all good. Nothing to be sorry about. As Karma mentioned I myself Typod the name when I first made the account. Ive just let it be out of laziness, people know who my account name references any way. :P .

I at least get it right when I talk about the character, or make him a sheet. xD !!!

Karma: I havent really either, but I suppose it works. Id typically leave the request thread alive in case people drop.

King Serperior

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on September 25, 2015, 02:43:17 PM
Karma: I havent really either, but I suppose it works. Id typically leave the request thread alive in case people drop.
Quote from: Karma on September 25, 2015, 02:39:44 PM
Oh, haha. My fault, I was in a rush when I read your reply. That's weird. I've never heard of doing it that way but I guess it works.
I haven't heard of it either, but if a thread can be moved from one board to another, this isn't out of the realm of possibility.  However, I also prefer the interest check thread remain in this location and create a new OOC.  That's for Saria to figure out, I guess.

@Garuss:  If you hadn't noticed, I've gone through your character sheet a bit above and left questions and things of note.  Just need to get through GMC's and I'll have them all looked over.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Okay, now that I finally am able to take a look at this monster of a character sheet, let's get to it!

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 25, 2015, 08:57:17 AM
Using these mechs, the SF was able to hold out much longer than it would have normally been possible against superior foes using ultra-heavy mechs weighting over hundreds of tons. 
Just one thing of note:  As far as I am aware, I doubt any combat mech would exceed more than 300-400 tons.  However, a mech that size would be extremely. extremely slow moving and would require at least 5-10 pilots.  It would effectively be a walking base.

Other than that, you created an absolutely amazing bio for your character.  I loved the amount of detail you put into it!
Equipment/Gear: Elijah’s standard-issue military backpack contains all of the essentials for a Special Forces commando ready to undertake a lengthy mission behind enemy lines.
The only thing I have here is the question of why he would have such gear if he is just the head of security on a transport vessel full of civilians and military personnel?  I doubt the transports would be expected to land behind enemy lines.  It's only this 'accident' that caused the transport to go over enemy territory.
Weight: Mech Weight; 5 tons, Max carry weight; 25 tons
Just remember that the max carry weight means, for Battle Armors, how much the armor can lift, push, or pull and not how much the mech weighs when fully loaded with weaponry.
Armaments (Standard Layout):
- Energy sword; The signature weapon of the Scimitar-class battle armor, this weapon was constructed to appear as simple yet finely-crafted, broad-bladed, mildly-curved, mech-sized scimitar with a disk shaped pommel which provides a very secure grip.  Built out of a super-alloy, the sword is an elegant and dangerous weapon by itself.  The sword’s blade is unusual for a curved sword as it is designed for both thrusting and cutting.  The power field generator is concealed within the hilt of the weapon. Once the power field is switched on, however, the obvious humming sound given off and the blue light gives away the secret of the weapon's true nature.  When its power cell is activated, the blade is sheathed in a lethal corona of disruptive energy.  The energy field is capable of disrupting the molecular bonds of matter when it strikes.  This allows the blade to carve through bone, stone, wood and most forms of armor plate alike, making a it a highly effective close combat weapon.  The energy sword has a hidden subtlety: the power field setting can be adjusted between lethal and nonlethal.  The weapon’s disruption effect can thus vary from slicing a hole through a bunker wall to delivering a knock-out burst of energy to an individual. This tactical depth-of-use makes it a valued tool.  Thanks to a simple system of specially-calibrated magnets, the weapon can be affixed to the Scimitar’s back or waist.  This allows the sword to be drawn freely, even in very confined areas.
Now, I am waiting for Saria's opinion, but I have not been sold on energy weapons of this sort.  However, if it is a sword you are looking for, a Vibro-Blade would be very useful as it can cut through armor decently well.  If you are looking for a weapon that can stun an enemy, an Electro-Blade would be your solution.  Such a weapon is powered by the armor's internal battery that can allow the pilot to stun someone with the low charge when hit with the flat of the blade.  Sure, this weapon doesn't cut through armor as easily as a Vibro-Blade, but it can be very helpful in stealth missions where the worst you would have to deal with would be human soldiers and Battle Armors or Light Mechs.  I'm more than willing to discuss ideas with you to help find the right weapons for this mech.   :-)
Subsystems (Standard and Nonstandard):
- Anti-gravity generator; This passive system can also be activated upon command.  This  generator allows the Scimitar to move with the same dexterity and reflex speed as the pilot is able to move outside of the battle armor.  It can be used to heighten the battle armor’s agility to the point that the Scimitar can leap clean over all but the most towering obstacles, springing and bounding through rubble and wreckage.  The anti-grav generator allows the Scimitar to land safely from any height or to be so light-footed to the point that the five-ton mechanized combat frame will barely leave an imprint on freshly fallen snow.  The generator can also be reversed, multiplying gravity’s effect on the battle armor to add impact to an attack or to prevent the Scimitar from being knocked around by a bigger and heavier mech unit.  The anti-gravity system’s effect extends to the tools and weapons the Scimitar uses, allowing the mechanized frame to wield its energy sword with the same expertise and precision as an unarmored combatant.  The generator allows the Scimitar to move heavy objects with ease, cancelling out the item’s weight with a single touch.  The anti-gravity generator’s limit is that the object picked up cannot be heavier than the maximum carrying capacity of the mechanized frame.  For example, the Scimitar could pick up the battle armor of an ally and carry it as if it were literally weightless.  It cannot pick up a tank by the barrel of its main gun and swing it around like an over-sized club.
Ah......no.  No, no, no, no, no.  I'm sorry to say this, but there is no anti-gravity technology in this setting.  Instead, perhaps some rather advanced jump jets would be better?  More advanced jump jets can achieve a number of these traits such as the higher speed and agility, the increased leaping power, or using the jets to increase impact when fighting a foe at melee range.  What I have bolded above is a major no-no in my eyes and the reason why I don't want an Anti-gravity device anywhere.  Such a piece of technology is so far out in the future that people will be colonizing some of Jupiter's moons.
- Cloaking device; This active system is cutting-edge technology stolen from a Red Army battle armor stockpile before the Eurasian political collapse.  This system is able to render the user invisible to the naked eye as well as many forms of electronic scanning.  This device warps light around the Scimitar in such a fashion that surfaces, objects and people behind the mechanized suit are visible through it.  The effect is not perfect.  Sudden movement such as combat will leave a visible, blurry silhouette that is similar to a heat haze.  But in certain environments and when the Scimitar moves at stealth speed (one-tenth of its top speed or less), it can effectively help the battle armor to hide in plain sight, meters away from a target.  An electromagnetic pulse will disrupt the cloak, although it will cause no long-term damage to the system and it can be re-engaged once the effect has worn off.  The cloaking device extends to weapons held by the battle armor, allowing the Scimitar to prepare devastating surprise attacks.
Now, I don't mind some more advanced cloaking tech, so as long as it doesn't become a perfect answer.  Perhaps using this cloaking field causing the mech to heat up while active?  Or maybe the cloaking field has a maximum time limit before it shuts down to recharge?  I do like the fact that the field somewhat distorts when the mech is moving except beyond a bare minimum.  However, if an electromagnetic pulse disrupts the field, I feel it should be shut down until it can be looked at and rebooted.  I would really like to hear everyone else's opinions on this, however.

- Heads Up Display; The Scimitar utilizes a highly advanced area-scanning overlay that is able to report an incredible amount of detail, basically forming a real-time, three-dimensional map of the battle armor’s surroundings within one kilometer. The HUD is projected onto the visor and as such, if damaged, will not obscure vision. Features include target tracking, aim assist, topology, infrared, x-ray vision and a suite of other options.  Also, the telescopic sight of the Scimitar possesses a variable magnification of x2 to x120 and stores the viewed information in a database, cross-referencing any and all available information associated with what is currently observed.  This allows the pilot to plan out a detailed assault and update the previewed map of the area with the vast array of sensors the display system possess once the Scimitar arrives on site.  The HUD also has a vast library of information, including tactical information on mechanized units, their weapons and tactics, as well as general strengths and weaknesses.  The display presents simple symbols at the bottom left corner of the pilot's field of vision to indicate which subsystems are currently active.
- Heat signature suppressant; This system must be activated upon command of the Scimitar’s pilot.  It will contain and and all heat emissions from the battle armor, rendering it invisible to any type of infrared and heat signature-based detection or weapon.  Heat-seeking missiles will simply fly past the Scimitar and infrared sensors will reveal absolutely nothing.  The suppressant can also act as a diffuser, allowing the mechanized frame to release its excess heat through small vents into the soil, upon a specific object or even release it in a rapidly-expanding mist of heat, making the task of pinpointing the Scimitar with heat-based technology that much more difficult.  The heat signature suppressant can function for 24 hours straight, allowing for long-term incursion behind enemy lines.  After this time, the Scimitar must purge its excess heat or risk shutting down while the battle armor cools off.  A HUD symbol indicates when the heat signature suppressant is active or inactive.
While I don't mind this, the bolded part doesn't fit too well in my eyes.  That said, if you go with the fact that the cloaking system increased the heat signature, perhaps this suppressant cannot be activated while the mech is cloaked and vice versa?  Some other opinions from the others would be nice as well.
- Intrusion kit; This is an array of simple programs and tools designed to assist in infiltration.  These instruments are hidden in the forearms of the battle armor.  Included is an auto-picker (to bypass physical locks and padlocks), a hacking program for overriding electronics and other infiltration tools.  The effectiveness of the system depends on the time needed for the system to work, the estimated strength of the defense being infiltrated as well as any kind of counter-intrusion methods.  The tools of the intrusion kit are small enough that human beings can use them.
Looks good to me.  Good thing there is someone who can hack their way through doors!  I really like this!
- Life-support systems; Automatic air filtration systems allow the Scimitar to pass unharmed through any kind of airborne or biological hazards.  The battle armor is fully functional underwater as the filtration system is capable of separating hydrogen and oxygen, continually replenishing the air supply inside the mechanized frame.  In the vacuum of space or any other air-tight area, the Scimitar possesses a 1-hour air supply that will be replenished as soon as the Scimitar is able to detect safe, breathable levels of oxygen.  The self-adjusting life-support system allows the battle armor to function near areas of immense pressure as well as allowing the pilot to survive extremes of Earth-based temperatures (such as being near an active volcano or in the middle of Antarctica).
This seems fine by me.  We don't really have a mech that can become aquatic.  However, the filtration system should have a time limit before it either overheats and shuts down or becomes overwhelmed.  Also, there will be no space travel beyond the transport and the dropping.  Other than that, I like it.
- Magnetic surfaces; These small, powerful plates are located on the palms of the battle armor’s hands and the  soles of the Scimitar’s feet.  When activated, these will make the mechanized frame cling to heavier metallic objects or attract smaller objects to it.  These will allow the Scimitar to walk sideways or even upside down along heavier metallic forms.  The anti-gravity generator automatically kicks in when the battle armor is in such positions, assisting in stabilizing the Scimitar.
Minus the anti-gravity part, I really like this idea.  It could come in clutch, leaping on the back of an opposing mech and causing damage.
- Noise inhibitor; This passive system allows the Scimitar to move in silence.  When activated, the battle armor can sneak up on an opponent as it cannot be heard, nor can it be detected by sonar.  The noise inhibitor allows ambient sounds to travel freely around the battle armor to avoid the contradictory effect of having an opponent notice the absence of sound nearby.  However, the system will only activate if the battle armor is moving in stealth mode (one-tenth of its top speed or less).  It takes 5 seconds for the noise inhibitor to engage once stealth mode is achieved.  The inhibitor shuts down immediately if the Scimitar moves faster than stealth speed.  The system’s effect extends to held weapons and tools, cancelling out the humming noise of an activated vibro weapon or energy sword.  The noise inhibitor also works for firearms (making the Scimitar an efficient sniper unit), but the system must be given enough time to reactivate between each shot.  Anything faster than single-shot rate of fire will simply cancel out the system.
I am not sold on this at all.  This sort of system just doesn't feel right with me.  Perhaps the others can give logical reasons for it existing, but it just doesn't work with me at all.
- Sound mimicry; Discreet speakers allow for the diffusion of a number of noises, sounds or the perfect imitation of particular human voices.  Mimicry usually involves the repetition of phrases used by others previously encountered by the Scimitar, although the mechanized frame also has an extensive database of prerecorded sounds and statements from which the pilot can draw.  Typically, mimicry consists of the use of distress calls, beckons or insults to lure a target to a specific location, often with the intent of separating them from their comrades and thereby making them an easier target.  The Scimitar can also use mimicry to circumvent electronic security systems that require the use of a specific spoken password to deactivate.  The speakers can also be used in conjunction with the sound inhibitor system, adding a ventriloquism effect of projecting a sound several meters away from the battle frame.
Other than the bold part, I kind of like this.  It would allow the group to set their own ambushes and similar.  A unique feature.
Strengths:
- Agility; The Scimitar’s anti-gravity generator, combined with its top running speed of 200 kph (that can be reached within 2.98 seconds) makes this battle armor a frightfully quick and nimble mechanized unit.  It can outrun heavy ordinance fire and close in on larger, slower mechs before they can get a chance to readjust.
Minus the anti-gravity device, I am completely fine here.
- Hands; The hands on the Scimitar allow the battle armor to operate a wide range of equipment, without requiring any modification to the mech. It can pick up and use clubs, blades, rifles, shotguns, RPG launchers, and a variety mech-sized tools. More importantly, it can reload hand-held weapons, implying a functionally infinite ammo supply in combat (assuming there is a functionally infinite ammo supply available).
Looks good here.
- Life-like motion; The Scimitar’s build allows for its pilot to move with all the same dexterity, ease and precision that the pilot possesses outside of the cockpit.
This seems fine here.
- Melee combat; With its energy sword, speed and stealth, the Scimitar is an efficient close-combat battle armor and can be devastating when attacking unaware mechs.
I am still not sold on the energy sword, but can see a Vibro-sword, so I am fine with this overall.
- Sealed cockpit; The Scimitar can function underwater indefinitely, is immune to airborne threats, survive the vacuum of space, resist the pressure of ocean depths and can be deployed nearly anywhere on the face of the Earth.
Though it will never actually be deployed in space or so deep underwater that pressure becomes an issue, I like this.
- Stealth; The entirety of the Scimitar’s subsystems are based for or around stealth.  With less than ten seconds of preparation, this mechanized frame can become near-invisible, generate no sound, hide its heat signature and be virtually undetectable, so long as it is moving at stealth speed (one-tenth of its max speed or less).
As said a bit above, I am not sold on a few of the stealth systems, however, I (and others) can be willing to help make things better.  How it is now, other than the speed being forced to be minimal, I literally see zero downsides to ever exiting this stealth mode.
Weaknesses:
- Life-like motion; The Scimitar is designed to mimic the capabilities of its pilot.  There are no self-preservation programs nor any type of AI to serve as backup for the pilot.  The Scimitar will reflect the abilities of its pilot, not compensate for them.
No A.I. or anything close to it is certainly a problem.  I would like to see how that fares in this setting.
- No flight capabilities; This battle armor has no chassis-based flight options.
Since Anti-Gravity is a major no-no, you could change this for jump jets.  While they also give no flight capabilities, they come decently close.
- No ranged combat; Having only been equipped with its energy sword while working security on the unlucky transport shuttle, the Scimitar currently possesses no ranged combat option.
Looks good to me, though that will change at some point.
- Self-reliance; The Scimitar is designed to be a stealth-based, self-sufficient mech unit to be used in reconnaissance and long-term deployment behind enemy lines.  This severely limits the battle armor’s utility in group tactics, forcing it into indirect combat roles such as flanking or sniping.  The Scimitar’s pilot needs to be very creative in order to circumvent these design limitations.
This seems okay to me.
- Size; Regardless of its efficiency, the Scimitar remains a 5-ton battle armor and is thus smaller and more vulnerable than larger, heavier mechs built for direct warfare.
Looks good.
- Specialization; The Scimitar possesses few options in an open, prolonged combat situation.  It is designed for infiltration and surprise attacks, not frontal assaults or heavy fire support.
Sounds good to me.
- Stealth mode; In order for its subsystems to be at their most effective, the Scimitar must move at one-tenth of its top speed.  This severely limits the distance it can cover while in this mode.
As I am still not 100% sold on all the stealth systems, this may or may not be changed.  It will depend on how we can work things out.
Equipment/Gear: Elijah’s military backpack fits in a small sealed container affixed to the back plate of the suit.  It is only accessible when the Scimitar is open.
This also looks good to me as well.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

You could try to convince me, but when I am not sold on the idea, there's something that just sounds wrong to me.  It is borderline in my eyes.  I just don't know if they truly fit in this game setting.  Rewriting them is likely the best option, though, before you begin, perhaps waiting for other opinions on how to get things better would be a good idea.  They may see something I didn't and may offer solutions or ideas.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace