Here's an Idea! My muse has struck!

Started by DresdenCopperstone, November 03, 2012, 02:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DresdenCopperstone

"Welcome to my office. I find lost things and people and will even exorcise a demon or two if you would like! I don't do parties or shows, so please don't ask."
          A slight wave of my hand and a muttered word that sounds vaguely Latin and the formerly unlit cigarette in the ashtray on the dark stained solid oak desk is suddenly smoldering. With a smile I look up and raise a dark eyebrow in a question, light brown eyes sparkling with good humor.

"So, what's your problem or do you just need advice on a disturbing ability you have come to figure out that you have? Sit down! I won't bite!"

With my smile fixed in place I push myself back in my comfortable yet antique looking leather upholstered office chair, stand slowly and take a few long steps over to the old style percolating coffee pot sitting on a pot belly stove in the corner of the office. After pouring a cup and attempting to take a sip of the scalding liquid I look up once more.

"Would you like a cuppa?"

Ok, I know there is not a lot of description in this one but I can be quite descriptive. This just seemed like a good place to start off a RolePlay. My needs here are simple, have something in mind based off of the information here. You can be someone who has just discovered their magical talent or you might have lost something or someone. Or, in the most extreme of circumstances, you may have a prblem with a demon or ghost of some sort and need help scaring it away or exorcising it! I look forward to responses soon! TTFN!
There is no such thing as hiding too well or using too much fire!

Harlequinade

Hello there, I'm interested. What would you think to something like this? I hope you don't mind me posting a small example of a reply for you. I just really like this idea a lot and would love to be a part of it.

Apprehensively, I take a seat in the lovely leather chair opposite where the strange man once sat and nod slowly. "Coffee sounds great," my timid voice quivers in anxiety as I say three simple words. I dread to think what my next statement is going to sound like. I try to gather the courage to speak, but I can't seem to find any; I seemed to have used up all of my reserves in one simple sentence. 'Oh great,' I think to myself as I fiddle with my fingers in my lap, a bad habit of mine born out of extreme nervousness.

"I... umm... well," I respond shakily, trying my absolute hardest to form coherent words. "You see, I'm... umm... going through something new, and I'm... scared." I did it! I managed to tell him what was on my mind. Well, some of it anyway. I press on, trying to break the awkward silence. This is something I need to do! I purposefully looked for this man... I just wish he didn't intimidate me so much. I take a deep breath and release the breath in a sigh, placing my nervous hands on his desk. That's when I feel the familiar trembling and numbness in my fingertips, symbolizing that I was about to show him why I was here, regardless if I was ready or not. 'Not here,' I beg with myself, 'Not like this!'

I try to put my hands in my lap, but it happens anyway, and I end up turning invisible. I close my eyes tightly, knowing full well what happened. I wished I was invisible, and it happened. Word to the wise: always be careful what you wish for. From my invisible state, I tell the man, "I can't control it... it just happens. I get anxious and I end up destroying something, or... this happens. Can you help me?"

I look forward to hearing what you think, and hopefully working with you. :)
What I Like
What I Want

Currently NOT available for new stories.
Unless of course you have already PM'ed me and we are working something out.

DresdenCopperstone

Quote from: Harlequinade on November 04, 2012, 01:39:24 AM
Hello there, I'm interested. What would you think to something like this? I hope you don't mind me posting a small example of a reply for you. I just really like this idea a lot and would love to be a part of it.

Apprehensively, I take a seat in the lovely leather chair opposite where the strange man once sat and nod slowly. "Coffee sounds great," my timid voice quivers in anxiety as I say three simple words. I dread to think what my next statement is going to sound like. I try to gather the courage to speak, but I can't seem to find any; I seemed to have used up all of my reserves in one simple sentence. 'Oh great,' I think to myself as I fiddle with my fingers in my lap, a bad habit of mine born out of extreme nervousness.

"I... umm... well," I respond shakily, trying my absolute hardest to form coherent words. "You see, I'm... umm... going through something new, and I'm... scared." I did it! I managed to tell him what was on my mind. Well, some of it anyway. I press on, trying to break the awkward silence. This is something I need to do! I purposefully looked for this man... I just wish he didn't intimidate me so much. I take a deep breath and release the breath in a sigh, placing my nervous hands on his desk. That's when I feel the familiar trembling and numbness in my fingertips, symbolizing that I was about to show him why I was here, regardless if I was ready or not. 'Not here,' I beg with myself, 'Not like this!'

I try to put my hands in my lap, but it happens anyway, and I end up turning invisible. I close my eyes tightly, knowing full well what happened. I wished I was invisible, and it happened. Word to the wise: always be careful what you wish for. From my invisible state, I tell the man, "I can't control it... it just happens. I get anxious and I end up destroying something, or... this happens. Can you help me?"

I look forward to hearing what you think, and hopefully working with you. :)

Well Ms. Harlequinade, I do indeed like your reply and hope you see that this has been responded to soon... Evidently I cannot send messages yet or I would to let you know. I have been on Hiatus for a bit because of a family emergency but am now back and able to log in at least once a day. I hope you will forgive me for my absence. Also, I remembered, while I was gone (because I found some old roleplays of mine) that I tend to be more descriptive in the third person. Not third-omniscient by any means, just third person, I dont know why it happens that way. If you can handle my third person to your first person I will be glad. If you cant I will try my best to keep you entertained in the first person! I look forward to your reply and hope I have not alienated myself from your company because of my untimely absence!
There is no such thing as hiding too well or using too much fire!

Harlequinade

What I Like
What I Want

Currently NOT available for new stories.
Unless of course you have already PM'ed me and we are working something out.