Heros of Old (Fantasy Smut Horror McGuffin Hunt with a twist?)

Started by Chrystal, December 31, 2015, 07:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Okay, I had this totally weird and random idea for a game, based on everything I hate about group games... So chances are it will be a roaring success...

Heroes Of Old

Every year, young people go missing. Some are found alive. Some are found dead (tragic but true). Some have run away from home, some have been abducted. And some, have just simply vanished.

The latter cases are rare, and rarer still where there is absolutely no logical explanation as to what has happened to them. It is as if they have been magically removed from the face of the Earth. Everything they left behind is exactly as it was, and there is no evidence to explain where they went...

Except it is not "Where" so much as "When".

The Goddess has survived all these centuries of Christianity by having her name attached to a major Christian festival. And now as paganism is on the rise again in the world, she has some power again. What she needs is a band of heroes (and heroines) who are young, fit, strong and dedicated, because her temple is under threat from a marauding horde. The time-line is not fixed and she knows that if she can work this right, she can change history sufficiently to ensure her survival, but if she fails, then the world of the 21st century will be a very different place, totally lacking in chocolate bunnies!

And so, she is bringing people to herself, from a time when their disappearance will be less noticed, from 2016CE, she is brining young warriors to her temple in 2016BCE - The symmetry is part of the magic!

From all across the world and from different times and seasons of the year, young people have been dragged through time to the island where her temple still stands. But they must prove themselves worthy.

So rather than bringing them to the temple, she has deposited them on the beach. They must make their way to the temple through the many perils on the island that are there to test them. If they succeed, they will be richly rewarded, with everything that the Goddess has to offer. If they fail, they will die.

There are a couple of things that they need to know, of course: The Goddess is the deity of Spring, new life, rebirth and sex. So, obviously, the reward will involve plenty of feasting and plenty of sex. Of whatever kind of sex the Heroes and Heroines happen to be into.The Goddess isn't fussy, she just likes to watch humans enjoying themselves...

Ah, but this is over 4,000 years ago, Bronze Age. So we can't have any of those 21st century gadgets. In fact, having 21st century clothes is a no-no. So the party will find themselves stark naked on a sandy beach, near a pile of bronze-age weaponry and... Well yeah, there will be some armour, but let's face it, it's going to be pretty skimpy. We're talking leather straps and leather bikinis... After all, these are supposed to be heroes. And Heroines.

Okay, get the idea?

This is a McGuffin hunt with a difference. A group of young adults from the 21st century, magically transported back to an island in the 20th century BCE, and given instructions by a disembodied voice to find their way to a temple, where they will be allowed to have all the sex and food and sex they want!

Yep, this is a smut-based orgy-type group game. But before you have the smut bit, you have got to get to the temple...

Wait, what about my prime directive for starting group games: Always start with the group at the objective or you'll never get there? Well, yeah, I just want to see what happens...

Obviously, players who drop out will have their characters eaten, dismembered, burned alive or otherwise horribly removed from the game.

Uh... yeah, so will players who break the one main rule of the island - No smut until you get to the temple. There will be lots of nasty monsters roaming around, some of which may even manage to be in the right place at the right time by magic - this is a fantasy setting - and if you don't keep your eyes open they will eat you!

I am going to play the goddess and all the monsters. Players who don't take care with their characters WILL have them eaten, even if they are still playing! Sorry!

Okay, let's see if this gets any takers....

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

LuckyLukin

mia h

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

LuckyLukin

So should we be coming up with how we look? Are we playing ourselves? Is there character generation?

Zhu Que

I am so totally interested in this idea. I can't wait to see what character creation is and how the game will go.

CirclMastr

Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Chrystal

Well, there you have it.

My complex plots that require thought and problem solving get maybe this much interest in a week.

There's something in Maths called the Lowest Common Denominator...

Yeah, anyway.....

Hi Everyone. There will be a character sheet to fill in soon along with some rules for doing so. Interesting that so far, the only person I recognise is Mia *waves*.

Not that it's a bad thing. I've made some good friends through joining random group games!

Sorry for the slight delay, by the way. These things take time, and I have other calls on my time.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

mia h

*waves backs*
The idea that smut = a personal tour of ol' toothie's intestines, just appealed to my sense of humour.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

AmandaWho

Crash

Hey Chrystal.  Any restrictions on characters?  I know you prefer Lords playing male character and Ladies playing female characters in some of your games.  Does the same apply here?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Zhu Que

Quote from: Crash on January 01, 2016, 12:25:41 PM
Hey Chrystal.  Any restrictions on characters?  I know you prefer Lords playing male character and Ladies playing female characters in some of your games.  Does the same apply here?

Oh, definitely second this question. I can play female if there is a restriction, but I usually lean towards other genders/sexes than female if I'm allowed (though I was thinking female or something physically female but not quite gendered female). It is just good to know restrictions.

Chrystal

Quote from: Crash on January 01, 2016, 12:25:41 PM

Somehow, I always dread this question, and I always hope that it won't get asked, but it invariably is.

I honestly prefer that Lords play males and ladies play females.

Lieges are there specifically so you don't have to reveal your gender, and lieges can play either (or both)

I have my reasons, that I have expressed before, and they are not just to do with my own gender preference. I have had more than one game die off because it filled up with male players playing female characters. The big problem here is that a lot of us girls generally either want to write smut scenes with another girl, if we're gay, or with a man if we're straight. A man playing a woman just doesn't work - Yes I'm generalising, I know there are exceptions.

Conversely, the guys who play guys are actually even less inclined to write with a guy playing a girl. So if a game fills up with guys playing girls, it frequently doesn't get anything other than guys playing girls.

I can point at a few examples in this very forum...

Girls playing guys... *shrug* Doesn't bother me, but if I say guys have to play guys, then saying girls can play guys doesn't seem fair. I'd rather not seem to play favourites

To those guys who say "I only ever play female characters", my suggestion is to ask to have your account changed to "Liege". Do that, you are okay to play either in my book.

Quote from: Zhu Que on January 01, 2016, 01:26:57 PM
Oh, definitely second this question. I can play female if there is a restriction, but I usually lean towards other genders/sexes than female if I'm allowed (though I was thinking female or something physically female but not quite gendered female). It is just good to know restrictions.

Not exactly sure what you mean by that...

Crash

I am good with whatever the GM wants, I just didn't want to create a character the GM prefers not to have is all. 

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Zhu Que

I just meant that I agreed with asking about the restrictions (which I'm totally fine with and understand your reasoning), what I meant about what character I was already thinking is: while I normally pick male or other if given the chance, I was already thinking of a female character for this. What I meant by female but not quite female gendered was that I don't see having boobs and a vagina as having to feel female (I.E- trans or neuter).

My main point of my last post was just really to ask the restrictions, I kind of went on a small tangent when I was mentioning character gender/sex in it.

Chrystal

The character sheet is now up...

If people are still interested, please fill it in and send it.

LuckyLukin

Quote from: Chrystal on January 01, 2016, 03:41:55 PM
Lieges are there specifically so you don't have to reveal your gender, and lieges can play either (or both)

I have my reasons, that I have expressed before, and they are not just to do with my own gender preference. I have had more than one game die off because it filled up with male players playing female characters. The big problem here is that a lot of us girls generally either want to write smut scenes with another girl, if we're gay, or with a man if we're straight. A man playing a woman just doesn't work - Yes I'm generalising, I know there are exceptions.

Conversely, the guys who play guys are actually even less inclined to write with a guy playing a girl. So if a game fills up with guys playing girls, it frequently doesn't get anything other than guys playing girls.

I can point at a few examples in this very forum...

Girls playing guys... *shrug* Doesn't bother me, but if I say guys have to play guys, then saying girls can play guys doesn't seem fair. I'd rather not seem to play favourites

To those guys who say "I only ever play female characters", my suggestion is to ask to have your account changed to "Liege". Do that, you are okay to play either in my book.

Not exactly sure what you mean by that...

I'll have to definitely consider doing just that (Changing my gender to Leige) as a good portion of my characters end up being female, and I really don't know why as I don't identify as female...

Anyways, I was just curious as to where we could find said character sheet, a link would be nice or are we to just find the "Heroes of Old" game in the games section?
Found it, will be filling out and sending shortly.

"All SFW just don't like to overwhelm the screen"
Player: LuckyLukin

Name: Christopher “Chris” Meuler

Sexuality: Straight unsure of dominance/submisiveness

Height: 72in (182.88cm)

Weight: 200lbs (90.71 Kg)

Hair colour: Black

Eye colour: Dark Brown

Build: Lean but not obviously muscular.

Distinguishing marks: Tattoo of an ankh with a Yin-Yang inside the loop positioned over his heart.

Nationality: Greco-American

Occupation: Studying at UIC: majoring in Programing with a minor in film.

Likes: Intelligence, Gingers, confidence in natural beauty, larger breasted women.

Dislikes: implants (Fake breasts, collagen lips, etc), obvious and overt mascara (Scary), scat, watersports, disrespectful attitudes, Violence (especially against women)

Strengths: Highly empathetic and usually sees the conversation from both sides, loves order and follows instructions almost on reflex, loves puzzles, proficient in Martial Arts.

Weaknesses: Chris is not overly experienced sexually which has led to low self esteem/confidence issues. He also has a minor case of OCD, which he can control most times. However it does cause him to not take criticism well,due to having a high-set expectation of himself.

Personality: Chrisopher is honest to a fault, primarily in his actions, not necessarily his speech where he tries to apply tact as best as he can. He is highly analytical and has always been curious. His attempts to cure his social blindness by observing people have not gone over well, but he is hopeful. Any insults usually fly over his head and are ineffective.
He was raised to believe in the overall goodness of people and will always lend a helping hand because that is what he would expect someone else to do if he needed it.

History: Chris has been following the prescribed path of school and good grades. So far he is hoping to get a decent job in order to pay off his school loans. Unfortunately that’s as far as the “manual” exists for humans. He’s made a few friends in school but still has issues in the dating department.
He’s had one girlfriend so far but that ended when she cheated on him. That experience though has left him tentative to get back in the dating world. He’s even become a bit of a recluse, according to his friends, spending days at school, doing homework or practicing martial arts.
He’s gotten rather good in his studies of both the mental (classes) and physical, he’s recently gotten his black-belt.

Decidedly, it was time for a change. He has gotten  tired of the same old routine and took up Lisa’s offer to go to a part with her. Lisa had been a friend since freshman year, unfortunately she was unavailable as she’d had a boyfriend. However, this party was something that she’d insisted on saying that she would help him find a girl.

The music had gotten to him. The bass was so heavy that Chris couldn’t hear himself think, so he had chosen to step outside and cool off from the throng to the neatly kept garden of the owner’s house. That’s when he saw HER. She was as tall as him with a flow of red hair down to her curvy hips. A knowing smile adorned her pink lips, one that said she knew he had noticed her and was glad of it.  She walked barefoot and the scent of wild-flowers seemed to follow her.

“Wow.” Was the first sound that escaped Christopher’s lips.

The smile broadened as she raised her hands from the simple dress she wore, reminiscent of a toga clasped with a simple tanned belt around her stomach.
She approached him and with a small whisper in his ear the night turned into a blur.

Player Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=56055

Other:

Ixy

This sounds like a lot of fun-- just a couple questions, if you don't mind?

How many players would you like in the group? and

When the goddess selected "warriors", does that mean they're all actual soldiers or fighters of some kind, because I more interpreted this to be normal-ish young people with great potential.  Like someone interested in reenactment fighting, or an exceptional athlete?  Before submitting a character concept I just wanted to be sure that the character proposed would not mess up group dynamics.

CirclMastr

Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Chrystal

Oniya

Quote from: Chrystal on January 01, 2016, 03:41:55 PM

For clarification, Staff would like to state that the 'Liege' tag is not for 'Men who exclusively play female characters', or 'Women who exclusively play male characters'.  It is reserved for people who fall outside the gender-binary in real life.  Like the corresponding gender groups for Lords and Ladies, Lieges have an area where they can discuss matters that are of importance to their real life gender situation.  (Ladies, think about what you discuss in Ladies Only.  Lords, think about what you discuss in Lords Only.)

There are people who fully identify as male (or female) who simply enjoy the challenge or the fiction of writing characters who do not match up with what they are in real life.  Stephen King is not a 15-year-old pyrokinetic.  Mary Shelley was neither an obsessed reanimator nor his creation.  Cross-players are not necessarily transgender.

Thank you.
Staff.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17