Marie Reynolds - Ranger
ExisD - Alchemist
ShadowFox - Ninja
Mysterica - Magus

Mysterica

Name: Velatha
Race: Elf
Class: Magus

Background: Velatha grew up in a small village far removed from the rest of society where the people lived a simple life with little risk of being discovered.  According to the village elders this lifestyle was the only sure way to ensure their way of life continues, but Velatha simply couldn't accept that.  She couldn't help but notice that as time went on their lives grew harder.  Over time more and more of their natural resources became tainted and unusable.  If this continued it was only a matter of time before they would have to either venture out into the world in the hopes of finding a new home or die.  Velatha couldn't accept the idea of just giving up and left in the middle of the night, hoping to find a way to reverse the effect of the blight.

One can't hope to change something they know nothing about so Velatha wandered until she found a city with a real library, and began to study.  It was then that Velatha began to find dusty old books of the arcane arts of old, and miraculously she could understand them... to a certain extent.  She began training both her mind and her body in the hopes that she could do some good for the world.  Perhaps if she could explore the ruins cities long since forgotten she could find more information to help end this miserable plague and bring the world back to its former glory.

EroticFantasyAuthor

How would an inquisitor's deity be handled exactly?

Lipstick Epitaph

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on January 21, 2014, 01:44:30 PM
I won't turn you away, but you've got a limited time to come up with a character before we start.

Marie; Oh, you guys already met Honeywine? I was thinking of possibly introducing her as a character later on. :P

Demonic and Abyssal will likely be irrelevant, as this setting isn't strictly carrying the same fluff about the planes and various Evil Outsiders. When I have the time, I'll elaborate on the different kinds.

A drawback for a third trait is fine.

I don't want to be a burden. I've played a lot of table-top games, but never Pathfinder in particular.
Muse has offered to help me create a character. Do you think there will be time?

Inerrant Lust

Clerics, Paladins, Inquisitors, and any divine spell-casters are no longer able to directly commune with their God. They think they can talk to them, but there's no indication that anyone's listening. Despite this, they can still draw divine power from... somewhere. Many times, even questionable clerics or paladins who don't take their vows very seriously can still receive divine spells and abilities.

So... is it a gift freely given, even without worship? Or is it random unattended divine energy just being gobbled up by whoever seeks it? A parasitic drain of some source of divinity? Maybe something more insidious?

Some people who have lived for hundreds of years, or very knowledgeable scholars- they could tell you the names of all the Gods. Most commoners will tell you they don't exist, or they don't matter. Some will say they never existed. Some will say that the demons ARE gods, finally stepping into the world to rule in person.

Lipstick, I'm torn.. I don't know how large I want the party, and I absolutely abhor having to turn away a good concept or role in the party just to keep the party at a maneagable size. By all means, though- go for it. I likely won't be deciding anything until Friday or so. I'll put up the OOC thread and IC thread this weekend.

ExisD

This took far too long to get out, sorry about that. I blame getting a massive amount of writing and editing work dropped on me this week, though that isn't much of an excuse.

for the question of sexiness... I'm pretty sure I'd be ok with anything everyone else has listed along with things even further to the Extreme category. I'm pretty much ok with most things up to mutilation with some specific things that hit for more or less, but a lot of it depends on the character and situation. Monsters and other party members going after her, NC or not, whatever is fine. Though as far as romance goes, I'm not really good at anything save F/F.

Now onto fluff. I spent way too long looking for an image.

Nsia Leece

"The Blight, it touches everyone, everything. But does anyone really understand it? I don't think so. I'm closer than most, I've been living in it for years. More years than most of you have lived, will live even. It hasn't consumed me yet, I don't think it ever will. If you want a guide through the worst of it, you will find no one better."

"Know this before we embark. It is strange and terrific this forest, but we can understand it, master it. It can be beaten: through blade, through flame, through axe. Of this I am sure, it is just a question of if we can beat it before it consumes all."

Age          128
Height:     5'2"
Weight:     100 lbs
Skin:        Eerily Fair
Hair:         Red
Eyes:        Red 
Style:       Nsia wears an amalgam of armor, clothing, belts, pouches, vials, and blighted-animal parts that tends towards browns and purples. Most of her clothing she made herself in a semblance of the only style she knows, the one of her childhood, that is over a century out of date. The only consistent piece is a well worn bandoleer that she pulls seemingly endless vials out of when they are needed.

Background: Nsia is an old tiefling. Born to a  prosperous city before the invasion began she had time to learn what remained of the magical sciences. Not the amazing power of the ancient mages, but the means of manipulating the magic that exists within all matter. She had a true gift at it, rivaling those decades older than her. She also could see just what this knowledge could do, figure out the Blight and defeat it. Or so she thought.

The alchemist was almost uniquely predisposed to being able to handle the Blight better than most and she knew it. Her experiments made her resistant to toxins and she had a much easier time than most feeding. Though her teachers warned her against this, she journeyed out into the forest to discover its secrets and learn as much as she could.

When she returned, her city was no more. Only smoking ruins remained, sacked by the invaders. Without a home she went back into the wilds. She spent as much time as she could there, sometimes spending months at a time without ever seeing another person. Only when her supplies ran out or she needed a break to work on a new formula would she return, usually never visiting the same place twice and leaving as unexpectedly as she came.

Nsia was always tempted to go further in, surely if she had purer examples to study she would have her break through, but it was too dangerous for a single girl. No matter how good she had gotten at mixing explosives and hiding from the beasts lurking within. To do that would take a team, to interact with people in a way she had not done for so long she could barely remember the last ones.

Phaia

Jahtera

"Life always finds a way to survive. Even in the blighted areas you can find life fighting free all we need to do is help it along. Destroy the blight and let life spring forth. Of course it is not that simple, the blight is stubborn and almost everywhere and no one seems to know how or why it is here"

"There are paths through the forest still, some almost forgotten, if one is careful and stays hidden one can move deep into the dark woods and find many things"

" I am not concerned about your views on morality or what is proper, I wear what I choose and if it shows to much for your senses, deal with it. In my wild forms I am nude why should it matter what I wear when I am not?"

"Children are precious and everyone of us should strive to protect them no matter if they have 2 legs or 4."

Race:       Human
Height:    5'7"
Weight:   127 lbs
Skin:        Healthy and unblemished with a light tan
Build:       Athletic
Hair:        Dark rich brown with golden highlights
Eyes:       Brown shot with hazel
Style: Jahtera favors attire that is closer to a monks, flowing sashes and bound strips that has various small pockets here and there and shows a lot of her lovely figure. She carries a scimitar at her side and a dagger on each thigh but does not seem to bother with armor. She also is always well groomed. Clean. Well Kept. Jahtera moves with a sensual almost feline grace and pays quiet attention to most everything around her. She wears the symbol of 'The Druid Circle' on a headband as well as various other symbols here and there.

Background: Born on the Emerald Isle, home of the one of the oldest human orders ' The Druid Circle'. It is also one of the last bastions of unblighted lands left. Jahtera spent her childhood and youth roaming the island and helping with the daily grind of keeping the island free of the blight. Her Grandfather being one of the great elders she learned much on the ways of the land. The Isle has become a refuge for humans, elves, gnomes, halflings and even a few tieflings who have all banded together to keep it safe and clean and provide untainted seed and seedlings to others.

Before she was 18 she had her first child with a Ranger twice her age. The girl is doing well being raised by the order and her father and when she can get home by her as well. The child is already very good with a bow and looks to be ranger like her father. Her grandfather gave her a new 'uncle' a year after the birth of her daughter. Jahtera's second child was part of an agreement with the elf enclave on the island. The boy is being raised by the elves. Part of the agreement was the small pearly white stone that swirls around a foot above her head.

The past few years she has roamed the mainlands looking for answers. The Order knows that even their efforts can not keep the blight at bay for much longer and now the demons are sniffing around sending probes  across the water. So she and a few others left to find aid and answers. She has saved small groups and travelers in the wilds and word of her exploits has begun to filter in, rumors and tales among the various peoples. Yet the recent 'Battle of Harrow's Glen' may be the tale that she will become most known for.

Jahtera is naturally an upbeat type of person, she likes to smile and chat with others and in her elemental forms she can talk and still do other things, which can be very disconcerning to others. She has a healthy view of sex and enjoys a tumble. She respects others and expects them to respect her. She does treat her animal friends more like people then she does some people. Often talking with them before others. Bright, sexy, sensual, dangerous. She listens and watches before talking but likes being around people, two legged ones and ones with four legs as well.

Inerrant Lust

So far;

Nsia Leece, Tiefling Alchemist
Anton, Half-Elf Oracle/Arcane Savant
Angrim Watcher, Halfling Gunslinger
Velatha, Elven Spell Dancer
Nialda Stillstride-Teldirrin, Half-Elf Ranger
Jahtera, Human Druid
Holly Evermead, Elven Loremaster

This is very hard... It doesn't make it easier that some of you I've chatted with regularly over the past few years. :P I don't want that to factor in my choice if I need to shrink the party. I guess I'll just type out my stream of consciousness... :P

Fluff; So the theme is a journey into Great Forest.. Any ranger or druid would naturally fit. It'd almost be mandatory. Nsia's backstory also revolves around investigating the Blight, which is very appropriate... but the same effect could be accomplished by jahtera or Nialda, albeit with different, more spiritual, methods.

The Great Forest has been cut off from outside contact for hundreds of years. A character like Velatha and Holly could go a long way in deciphering 'what was' and what happened.

Anton and Angrim might not have as strong a connection to the overall plot of the forest and the blight, but they've got grittiness and tone- both are extremely thematically appropriate. They'd also be good to ground the others to something more

So that's three fluff-roles... and if I went with 4 characters, we could have two characters fulfilling the same fluff role.

Crunch/Roles;
Nsia; DPS, Mezzer, Buffer, Utility
Anton; Tank, Healer
Angrim; Tank, DPS
Velatha; Tank-ish, DPS, Mezzer, Utility
Nialda; Utility, DPS
Jahtera; Mezzer, Control, Healer
Holly; DPS, Buffer, Batman-ish

The last thing to consider is... practically, the players themselves. If I go with more players, chances are the game won't be debilitated by the sudden disappearance or loss of interest in someone... but there's also the chance that having real-life interrupt for even a few days can severely keep you out of the loop and off the funk in a large group game. There's also the chance that having so many moving parts will stress me out as a GM when I have a busy work schedule and might throw off players who don't post as frequently as others. :P

So... I haven't had the chance to scrutinize the writing styles of everyone here too deeply, but I have to say... if you have the tendency to post just a handful of lines back and forth between you and another character, filling up like 5 pages in a 24 hour period... Please don't do that. At the same vein, I sometimes hesitate to post as a GM because I know how it feels to miss a day and then suddenly have a big bomb drop on the plot, where everyone's actions drastically alter things... all the while you have no input because you were 'afk'

Arrgh. 4 is the minimum party size. 8 is the maximum, I think (We have 7 sheets so far) ...In the case of the latter, I'll likely split the party up into groups for certain 'sessions'. Most likely two groups at a time, sometimes three. I'd ask for your patience- but also your cooperation in keeping things at a decent pace.

I am considering handling combat in a way where you will PM me a loose set of rules dictating your characters actions. I'll run maybe 5 rounds at a time and post it, pausing if something drastic happens so you can reassess things.

Your rules can be anything from 'Heal anyone below 30 HP' to 'Round 1; Buff with __, Round 2; Attack' to something as vague or specific as you'd like.

Edit: 3 rounds might be better, now that I think about it.

ExisD

Ouch, that's not an easy decision.

Though I do have one thing to point out. Until next level at minimum Nsia is only a buffer for herself, no one else can benefit from her infusions right now. Being able to brew potions could also count there, but I'd think of that as more of a support role.

Three rounds with general rules for actions sounds like a pretty good idea since combat is one of the things that bogs down pbp games a lot.

Videospirit

Doing the battles on macro is no big deal, I don't have any special attachment to rolling my own dice either.

May have to cut the 3 rounds off early if something really unexpected happens, like a two handed/ranged weapon user getting into a grapple and being unable to their weapon.

Ghostwheel

Due to this exact reason I'd say keep it in one-round spurts, since most battles are over within 3-5 rounds and if you're going skipping 3 rounds at a time you lose almost all of the tactical decision-making inherent in Pathfinder.

Inerrant Lust

An Elliuki is up, with some QC on the sheets; https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Refuge#PCs

OOC thread will be up this afternoon, and possibly an IC today or tomorrow.

Videospirit

I'm pretty sure my hp calculations checked out, are we not taking max hp at 1st level? Arngrim's hp would be 106 if that's the case, since he spent 8 of his favoured class bonuses on the halfling gunslinger favoured class bonus.

Inerrant Lust

Phaia

Druid build 30 point buy Human
                                                               level
    start         +racial        +varient     +advancement
03 Str    13          13        [+3] 16               16
05 Dex  14           14       [+3] 17        [+1] 18
07 Con  15          15       [+3] 18                18
03 Int    13          13       [+3] 16                16
10 Wis   16  [+2] 18       [+5] 23       [+1]  24
02 Cha  12          12       [+3] 15                15

where is the problem??
shapes at botttem are wild shape forms...she uses I did not add in her air elemental form she is often in!!
large cat tends to be dire cat and her 'combat' form..add in ceslestial template from feat!

Phaia

do i need to change my 'purify food and water' from orsion/cantrip to 1st level?

Videospirit

Quote from: Phaia on January 25, 2014, 12:24:35 AM
                                                               level

where is the problem??
shapes at botttem are wild shape forms...she uses I did not add in her air elemental form she is often in!!
large cat tends to be dire cat and her 'combat' form..add in ceslestial template from feat!

Phaia

do i need to change my 'purify food and water' from orsion/cantrip to 1st level?

The variant gives a +3 enhancement bonus to all stats including the main stat, in addition, it gives a +5 to the primary stat(For a total bonus of +8), and 5 +1s that can be distributed freely among every stat but the main stat(That also stack with the enhancement bonus). there are no bonuses to stats gained every 4 levels like normal.

ExisD

Wait, it gives +3 to all and then +5 to the main? So +8 main and +3 to the rest? I think I messed that up as well.

Edit: Yeah, I definitely messed that up, I'll keep a record of my current stats, in case IL goes with what he wrote for it, and update her sheet to show the corrected versions in case we go with what it written there.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Videospirit on January 24, 2014, 04:06:09 PM
I'm pretty sure my hp calculations checked out, are we not taking max hp at 1st level? Arngrim's hp would be 106 if that's the case, since he spent 8 of his favoured class bonuses on the halfling gunslinger favoured class bonus.

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on January 24, 2014, 09:30:39 PM
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=195311.new#new

IC 1 and IC 2 will be imminent.

HP is averaged all the way.

You mentioned that HP is averaged and rounded up; are we still doing that? So 1d8 becomes 5, 1d6 becomes 4, and so on. You also said that 1st-level is max HP--is that still a thing?

ShadowFox89

You get:
+5 Inherit to 1 ability score (hereafter referred to as primary ability)
+3 enhancement to all ability scores, including primary
+5 split up as you see fit among abilities, other than primary, which replaces the +1 every four levels.

QuoteFurthermore, replacing the need for Tomes and Wishes as a way to boost scores, we change the way that stats are boosted at each level. Characters choose a primary ability score; that score rises by +1 at every even level (2, 4, 6, etc). In addition, they may raise any other ability score (apart from their primary one) by one at every even level (though not necessarily the same one each time). This replaces both the normal +1 to ability scores every four levels, and the ability to raise ability scores through Tomes, Manuals, or Wishes and similar abilities.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 25, 2014, 01:36:34 AM
You get:
+5 Inherit to 1 ability score (hereafter referred to as primary ability)
+3 enhancement to all ability scores, including primary
+5 split up as you see fit among abilities, other than primary, which replaces the +1 every four levels.

Yep, reading OP.

Phaia

ahhhh okay...so i get to add a +3 to main and still have 3 more to add?
i may need to redo all the atributes!!

Phaia

Phaia

Quote from: Phaia on January 25, 2014, 12:24:35 AM
                                                               level

so would this be correct then

start            +racial  + primary  +enhancement  + extra
05 Str    14          14           14      [+3] 17               [+1] 18  [add +2 att/dam]
05 Dex  14          14           14      [+3] 17               [+1] 18
05 Con  14          14           14      [+3] 17               [+1] 18
05 Int    14          14           14*    [+3] 17               [+1] 18   
07 Wis   15   [+2]17   [+5] 22      [+3] 25               [+1] 26   [adds 1 spell?]
03 Cha  13          13           13      [+3] 16                       16   [adds +1 mod]
*use for skill points: +2 sp per level

phaia

Inerrant Lust

Let me put it all in one place. Some things might be different, or might change your sheet- I apologize, I've been inconsistent and this should rectify it. :P

Starting Level: 10
Pointbuy: 30
Starting wealth: 3100 gp worth of non-magical equipment.
Limited Spell Levels
Balanced Wealth
Total bonuses would be; +5 inherent to one ability score, +5 inherent to the others of your choosing (Replacing the ability score increases every 4 levels), +3 enchantment bonus to all other abilities
+3 Armor or Shield Enhancement Bonus
+2 Weapon Enhancement
+2 Deflection
+2 Natural Armor
+2 Resistance to all saves
The enhancement bonus to Intelligence does not count for skills. Everything else is retro-active for simplicity's sake.
Max HP at 1st, average from there on out.
3 Level-1 Potions
1 least item of value no greater than 4000gp

Phaia

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on January 25, 2014, 01:46:46 PM

The enhancement bonus to Intelligence does not count for skills. Everything else is retro-active for simplicity's sake.
Max HP at 1st, average from there on out.
3 Level-1 Potions
1 least item of value no greater than 4000gp

okay i need to drop 10 sp...
average. per die or for 9 die ? round down?

i will add 3 potions?

check the above to see if i have it correct in atributes?!

phaia

Inerrant Lust

Basically, 8+(4x9) so... 44 base + con (4x10) = 84.

And yeah, the above is correct for your attributes.