News:

Main Menu

Snooker

Started by JackWhite, November 11, 2011, 09:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackWhite

Any snookerfans here? This weekend they play the PTC tournament in Antwerp.

Currently Ronnie "The Rocket" O'Sullivan is playing at the TV-table against Wicheard.

yobo

Back when I had Eurosport (the TV channel), they used to broadcast a lot of snooker. It was sort of mesmerizing, two players trying to put the ball in a place where the other couldn't do anything useful with it, then one would make a mistake and the other would clear the table (not all the time of course, but I was always impressed by how one small mistake would decide the round like that).

Have never tried to play snooker myself, but have seen the snooker tables in pool clubs. And they are huge. So I stick to regular 8-ball when I play some sort of billiards.

Jacqueline

I sometimes watch it if there is nothing else interesting and I happen to be at home. It's pretty fun although the only name that rings a bell for me is O'Sullivan.

setphaserstofun

I'll normally watch it if it's on (I only have terrestrial TV) but I don't go out of my way to watch it although I do keep planning to go see a match live; probably up in the Crucible. O'Sullivan's autobiography is a pretty decent read.

I've played several times myself but I really am rubbish. I think my biggest break is 8..

JackWhite

Someone watched the first day of power snooker 2011? Bingham impressed me with his play against Murphy although he had some lucky shots.

CheetahInAfrica

Oh yeah, good old snooker. Never played it myself, but love to watch it on Eurosport, when I came across it. It has a calming effect on me and sometimes when I need to relax this is just what I need.

Haven't watched any snooker lately, so I am not up to date with the current tournament. I started watching it when Stephen Hendry was kinda unbeatable and won every tournament he participated in.

Sadly most of my friends think I am weird for watching it, they say it's booooooooring :(
Laugh and the whole world will laugh with you!
Weep and you will weep alone!

The city changes, but the fools within are always the same.

JackWhite

Hendry kind of lost his track nowadays. He can hardly win some tournaments.