News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Dragon of Exile

Started by Protocol, May 03, 2009, 11:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Protocol

This RP will be based off of a story I read a long long time ago. I don't remember the name of the book, unfortunately (although, I really wish I could.)

In this world people pray to several gods, there are small feats of magic, many minor rituals one can perform, charms, and various other trinkets. There are legends about the Old Gods being lost or exiled to a far away island, hidden from mortals, detached from the present world by the New Gods. The Old Gods are said to have been mighty dragons, majestic and terrible in appearance, with powers beyond imagining. With them gone for thousands of years, the world has become relatively peaceful, and calm.

A young woman leads a fairly mundane life with her father on a farm. On a brief visit to a nearby port-city, she hears of bandits raiding nearby farms and burning them to the ground. She hurries home only to find everything destroyed. With nothing left for her there, she heads back to the port city and boards the first ship she can find, desperately trying to run away from her grief. She spends several weeks at sea and is one night caught in a massive storm. She awakes on a strange island, with several large mountains and lots of thick jungle.

Basically she'll discover the dragons on this island. She finds one dragon, hurt and alone, and helps him the best she can. She finds that the dragons can speak telepathically and they become friends. Upon his healing he takes her back to his home, a large community of dragons that live on the island. Humans are forbidden in the home of the dragons, and so it must be decided if she is to be executed, exiled, or somehow taken back to her home. Unfortunately the penalty for a dragon bringing a human to their home is death, but the dragon she helped is in fact a prince to their kind, and the decision is debated heavily, until they finally give him the choice of being exiled with the human, or both of them being executed. The catch to him being exiled is that he would be forced to take on a human form, and live a mortal life from that point on. They fall in love, and eventually find a way off of the island.

There is much rejoicing.

Anyway, long summaries aside, this will not be an overly short roleplay, so a person who can stick it out is a must. I will be playing the part of the male dragon prince, and most NPC's probably.

I am looking for a female for the role of the heroin in this story.

By the way, if anyone knows what book I'm basing this off of, please for the love of god tell me the title so I can go buy it. I miss it so!

Kye

Protocol