News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Anime with Love Triangles

Started by Aragem, January 24, 2012, 01:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

For a long time, I thought Marmalade Boy was an ecchi anime that I avoided.  Don't ask me why  ??? ??? ???

Anyhoo, last week I finally discovered it and gave it a try when I heard that it was about this couple who fell in love, but a lot of people try to break them up.  I was completely sucked in by the characters, the romance situations, and love triangles.  I adore love triangles and I fell in love with this anime.  Sadly, it I have about ten episodes left and I want to know if there are any other anime out there with similar love triangles. 

I've already seen Hana Yori Dango that others have compared Marmalade boy to. 

And Maison Ikkoku was a good solid romance.

The anime doesn't have to centered in a high school or just focus on teenagers. 

*EDIT

I decided to change the name, because there are lots of anime with love triangles.  I'm interested in a mmf love triangle.

Styx26

Hi there Aragem... hope you don't mind if a newbie takes a try at this question.

I don't know if it necessarily counts, but Ouran High School Host Club has a kind of a love triangle... more like a love pie-chart? It's hilarious though, and more of a parody, but there is definitely a love story in there.

DNAngel is good for love triangles, but I think the teens in that are in middle school... but it's family friendly, so it's worth checking out.

And for classic comedy/love triangle insanity, I recommend Ranma 1/2. It was one of the first anime I ever watched, and it's still funny now.

I hope these suggestions help you on your search!

Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

ArabellaRice

Oh love triangles? Half the anime's out there have some form of love triangle.

Fruits Basket has one, mostly. It's a bit weird, but I love it.

Ouran is good too, like Styx suggested.

Umm.
Hmmmmmm.

I think there is an anime called Mars. Its about racing motorcycles if I remember correctly. Its been so long, but I love Anime's with romance and drama so it must have been really good.. :P

Chris Brady

Quote from: Styx26 on January 25, 2012, 09:32:22 PMAnd for classic comedy/love triangle insanity, I recommend Ranma 1/2. It was one of the first anime I ever watched, and it's still funny now.

I hope these suggestions help you on your search!
I can't honestly recommend Ranma.  It has no ending.  And no real plot.  Rumiko Takahashi wrote it like how she wrote most of her series, with no idea what to do the next week.

As for love triangles, just about all Harem anime has them...  Love Hina, Negima...  And I had two more at least, but I can't remember them...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Aragem

change the title.  Wanted to make it fit better with the theme of love triangles.

Dailynn

You might like Princess Jellyfish. It involves a drag queen falling for a girl right as his older half-brother starts falling for her as well. The anime is left open ended, but there's a manga version that came first, though I haven't had a chance to read it myself.