What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

Pokemon Soul Silver and soon to be Knights of the Old Republic II, once I get the money.
Up for rent.

Samael

Quote from: Sabby on May 06, 2010, 09:47:06 AM
"I'm fookin' Irish"

Haha, exactly.
Love the main character.
He is plain awesome.

I'm also playing "Risen" and damnit, never before have I been killed by boars and wolves this often... :/

League Of Legends keeps on being fun. Free DotA game FTW!
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

TheLovelyMaid

Red Steel 2

and Mario Kart for the Wii, because I'm trying to unlock everything.

LexAeternum

Starcraft 2 ^_^

Got a beta key for my birthday, and I'm loving every minute of it.
As within, so without. As above, so below.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Fire Emblem shadow dragon
Pokemon Soulsilver
Kotor 1
FF x11
Crisis Core
Starocean
Halo ODST, Killen them all.

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Callie Del Noire

Halo: Reach multi player beta

Gave up on the latest FF

Sabby

Mass Effect 2. I find Grunt to be a deceptively deep character... but then again, I love Krogan's.

Ridcully

Fifa World Cup South Africa

Because there's nothing like playing against someone from England and taking the game to penalty shooting.

Nyarly

I did buy a Wii last week and play now Metroid Trilogy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Twilight Princess. I play SSBB the most, though.

Other than that I'm playing Pokemon Soulsilver (and wished I hadn't took Bayleef as starter pokemon).

Inkidu

I started playing Splinter Cell Conviction on Realistic Difficulty.

Also the sonar goggles make me feel like the goddamned Batman.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

PureImagination

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 ...

What? We just got into it and I'm getting rather good at it. Its the first FPS I've ever played. >_<

Sabby

Resonance of Fate pissed me off so much... but I slowly started to understand what I was doing wrong through trial and error (the tutorial and HUD text is so small I can barely read it, and I'm not exactly an expert on this style of game) but now that I've got the hang of it and understand how to level and fight, I'm enjoying it immensely :)

My favourite option is the Tri-Attack. Must attacks involve you running. When you plot a run course, and it crosses the line between your two allies, it'll give you a Resonance point. You'll lose that point if you do anything other then a Tri-Attack next turn, or earn another R point next turn.

So if your fighting a boss, your three characters will criss cross between each, softening the boss up and also storing Resonance points. Once you have three or four, you stop your criss cross attacks, and you now form a triangle. Depending on how many Resonance points you've amassed, you'll run around the enemy in a synchronized attack that many times.

You'll dodge all of their weapons fire and dash around and over them, pounding the living shit out of them with a threeway hail of gun fire.

A did this with a Tree monster, and we ended up blowing all of its armor and limbs off, and then the grenadier tosses a molotov cocktail in the air and backflip kicks it at him. Boom.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Currently this moment, Fire Emblem Sacred Stones

Later, sigh, not sure till it hits me. Perhaps some Aliens vs Predators.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

James Macleod

GTA IV
Super Street Fighter IV
Takken
WWE's Raw vs smackdown 2010.
And dragon Ball Z for the ps3

Brandon

I've been playing the newest Splinter cell game today. I've never really gotten into splinter cell games in the past but I've got a friend who thinks theyre awesome and told me to borrow conviction and play it. I've been doing that most of the night and I have to say, it sucks.

One of the things I like about tactical stealth games is the ability to hide, sneak past, and pretty much avoid killing anyone you choose but Splinter cell seems to make you kill absolutely everybody you come across which isnt much more interesting then bland kill everyone games like Halo. Luckily I've always been a lover of story so I can excuse bad gameplay and just enjoy the narrative but Conviction is just as poor in that regard. I would almost say that it makes as little sense as MW2 but that would imply that it makes sense in some fantasy world where every military organization and operative besides the protagonists is completely incompetant. I just dont understand why this game even has a story, if it can be called that, when it makes so little sense but then Im also reminded of other games like Bayonetta that are in the same boat.

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

I understood it just fine, but the last scene explains a lot.

Wolfy

I'm definetly getting Alan Wake Next week. :D

Imogen

Playing around with various armor etc. in an mmorpg :-)

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Sabby

Should be on Crimson Skies and Ultimate Spiderman soon. Tuesday I get the software update on the 360. Looking forward to it ^^ I've heard great reviews.

saya108

I have really been trying to fight going back to playing wow. So really the games that I am currently playing change pretty quickly as I attempt to find something to hold my interest.

Muninn

Portal. Because it's free - yay!! ;D

Rhedyn

Dragonage, FF XIII, Left 4 Dead 2 (really can't beat some good zombie killing!) and *coughs*WoW*coughs*

Inkidu

Quote from: Brandon on May 14, 2010, 10:47:16 PM
I've been playing the newest Splinter cell game today. I've never really gotten into splinter cell games in the past but I've got a friend who thinks theyre awesome and told me to borrow conviction and play it. I've been doing that most of the night and I have to say, it sucks.

One of the things I like about tactical stealth games is the ability to hide, sneak past, and pretty much avoid killing anyone you choose but Splinter cell seems to make you kill absolutely everybody you come across which isnt much more interesting then bland kill everyone games like Halo. Luckily I've always been a lover of story so I can excuse bad gameplay and just enjoy the narrative but Conviction is just as poor in that regard. I would almost say that it makes as little sense as MW2 but that would imply that it makes sense in some fantasy world where every military organization and operative besides the protagonists is completely incompetant. I just dont understand why this game even has a story, if it can be called that, when it makes so little sense but then Im also reminded of other games like Bayonetta that are in the same boat.
Well when you consider that every Splinter Cell game before that the focus was not on killing people and sneaking by unseen I kind of like the dynamic stealth change. It's much more fun if you go into it pissed and realize that you want to take out a whole room of bad guys and not let them on to the fact they just got owned by one dude. It's not about sneaking by undetected it's the set up and the knock down.

Slid to cover, mark two guys from the other side of the door by mirror, bash in door, EXECUTE!, climb up pipe mark first two guys who come running, Death from Above guy lagging behind, EXECUTE, slide behind cover, sticky came, make noise when they turn human shield back man and execute the last two guys.

Sure you can play it stealthy but it's about being a shadow of rapid death. It's more dynamic and I like that. The story actually is fairly good but it's more about Sam. I've heard much worse stories and I like the character of Sam.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Brandon

Well I put away Splinter cell Conviction. I just had enough of the craptacular game. Im still not even sure why the antagonists decided to go after Sam Fisher but as I said before, it really does seem like a game for MW2 players where plot points dont have to make sense in the real world.

Anyway, enough beating Conviction. Today I decided to put in an underappreciated gem of an FPS and story that came out several years ago. Namely, Clive Barkers Jericho. The maps are beautiful although hard to navigate sometimes and besides the terrible AI of your teamates (which just about every other squad based FPS is guilty of except Republic commando) there isnt really much I can say to hate this game. The story, the characters, the scenery. It all fits together quite nicely and deep down, being a horror theme fan, I love it
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Ps2 - Naruto Uzamaki Chronicles 1&2
         Ultimate ninja 2 and 3
         Final Fantasy X11 yeah random playing throughs nothing too solid so change when get tired.

X-box- Clone wars, anime show version.
           Halo ODST
           Aliens vrs Predator - stupid face huggers
Ds- Pokemon Soul Silver, damn pokewalker got lost to easy
       Bleach rpg
       Naruto rpg
       FireEmblem usually this one most, like the chars and strategy. Also Advanced version, cause they have funny conversations like Kyle and Forde about battle time work.

Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A