PM took two hours to Notify

Started by AndyZ, August 11, 2015, 01:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

Sent a PM to someone, got a response fairly quickly, but it took two hours for Gmail to give me the e-mail that I got a PM.  I happened to check after an hour and noticed that I was getting PMs, but the PMs to those replies actually beat out the originals.

Possibly symptomatic of a larger issue, since last time I remember a lot of people were having this happen.  I figured I'd be the first to give the warning.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Vekseid

I'd apparently misconfigured something when I tried to fix the previous incarnation of this...

There are still some 200 messages in the queue. Hopefully it'll clear out in the next four hours.

AndyZ

Most of my messages seem to be coming through okay right now, just for that point in time when it glitched for a while.

Not sure how much longer I'll be awake, but if I can help in the immediate future with testing or whatever, let me know.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Vekseid

Down to 140, none seem to be getting added.

Just sortof mystified why it didn't blow up earlier.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention : )

AndyZ

Just got another where a thread PM came up after one that should have come before, but they seem to be much rarer now.  Glad I could help.