[Mutants & Masterminds 2nd] Paragon - Dawn

Started by Wintercat, August 31, 2011, 10:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wintercat

All across the World there are reports of individuals arising with powers scientists all agree are impossible, ranging from supernatural strength and unassisted flight to intellect that would make Einstein green with envy, control over large watermasses, and at least three confirmed 'beneficial mutations'. There is a rising crisis as Governments mobilize to deal with this situation, trying to contain and learn about it first to assure if its contagious or not. Preliminary efforts have met with a great amount of failure to contain these metahumans as their capabilities seem to push them beyond what conventional military can attempt to control.

Welcome to the year 2012. Mayan Calendar came to an end, and with it, ended the time of seal. Whatever the real source of everything that is happening, it seems that magic, strange mutations, amazing feats thought impossible to accomplish through science and truly alien powers have come to spread among the people, who are not entirely sure what exactly has happened, but what is clear is that the powers area awakening in more and more people.

Some awaken with only a 'fraction' of power, barely able to do anything an ordinary human could not, yet others command power resembling superheroes of old legends. Many wish for powers but remain ordinary, and silently sulk about the unfairness of whatever has decided who gets to hold onto such powers. Some are afraid of what they can do, others embrace it and make it their own.

The world has changed, and there are people that could change the world further now, for when one person can become as strong as a superpower was a decade ago, it puts a whole new strain on the government security as well.

The game itself will take place on U.S, exact location is open to discussion (but given the sheer powers involved, it may spread to a global game, or even further who knows) but the concept is simple. 2 weeks ago if you spoke about superheroes and villains, you had to be a comic enthusiast or a gamer. Today, its the topic on everyone's lips, except the terms 'metahuman', 'freak', and 'unknown' are a lot more common amongst them.

Some of those who have gained powers use them for good, following example set by selfless heroes in the comic books they grew up with. Others have come to take advantage of their gifts, some legally and others less than legally. Some are truly terrified with what they can do. Its a whole new world.

The game will be putting 2nd Edition rules from "Mutants and Masterminds" to use, and using the setting book, Paragon, as inspiration.

That means that the game will have a Power Level 8, and 120 Power Points to spread, standard ability caps are in effect, Trade-Offs have a maximum value of +/- 2.

I'm looking for a few people who wouldn't mind playing superpowered characters in a world reminiscent of our own, in the year 2012 when a strange cataclysm seems to set about as within a week a few thousand 'awakened' people embrace their new powers, most of them having a little 'talent', or 'gift' but some of them strong enough to truly change the world. Whether the others will increase in power later, or remain as they are, is unknown. Its not even known if some others will awaken in the future too, or if its all done now.

There simply aren't any answers, yet.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Pumpkin Seeds

Callie Del Noire

Wintercat

Thank you for the interest, now then, I've only got a small form at hand for the time being for the planning, but hopefully this will help with the initial thinking of the idea at least then.

Also, I'm curious to hear what people might be expecting.

QuoteAbilities x + Skills x (x ranks) + Feats x + Powers x + Combat x + Saves x + - Drawbacks x =

PL
Strength:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:
total: 0pp

Toughness:

Attack: +
Defense: +

Saves
Fortitude: +
Reflex: +
Will: +

Skills

Feats

subtotal: 0pp

Powers

total:

Drawbacks

Grand Total:

Trade-Offs:
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Thorn14

What the hell, this was almost the exact same idea I tried to GM on another website before!  ;D

It never got anywhere so whatever haha. I might make up a character.

Ixy

hiya... this system always blows my mind, but I'd like to try.  Especially if, unlike the last try, it gets more than 3 posts :)

SomeGuy

I've always wanted to try the system, if you've got room and don't mind someone almost completely new.

meikle

I am curious about what kind of themes/tone/flavor you are planning to work with, Wintercat (I mean to say, I suppose, are you expecting flashy costumes and superhero names?  Heroic characters like Superman and Batman who don't kill people?  Characters like the Punisher who kill everyone?  Lighthearted like Golden Age comics, dark and gritty like The Dark Knight Returns or Watchmen?)

I am always interested in superheroes stuff, but I think it helps to know what the person in charge is looking for!
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Ixy

Quote from: meikle on August 31, 2011, 06:28:46 PM
I am curious about what kind of themes/tone/flavor you are planning to work with, Wintercat (I mean to say, I suppose, are you expecting flashy costumes and superhero names?  Heroic characters like Superman and Batman who don't kill people?  Characters like the Punisher who kill everyone?  Lighthearted like Golden Age comics, dark and gritty like The Dark Knight Returns or Watchmen?)

I am always interested in superheroes stuff, but I think it helps to know what the person in charge is looking for!

I second that-- well said Meikle.  The power level and backstory alone seem to imply a departure from DC's standard golden-age stuff, from the Champions uber-world, or Watchmen's retro-noveaux re-imaginings.  Mechanics aside (and I mean that-- fuck the mechanics of this game, they're for crazy people), that's the most important part.

meikle

Well, I don't mean to suggest the OP was reaching for any specific goal.  But PL8 doesn't tell me much, besides that I'm not going to be able to afford to be immune to all physical attacks or anything like that.

But the power level doesn't tell me "This game will be okay with supers who use their power to turn ambient light into superheated plasma to casually burn down orphanages" or "I want to see superheroes who focus on doing heroic things, and I'm not interested in antiheroes," or things like that, and I guess that's what I'm curious about.

because i want to melt orphanages with superheated plasma

O and O and Discord
A and A

Callie Del Noire

Paragons is in the title.. that means it's done from the Paragons setting book. A nice little varient of the game that ties into something like Heroes.

meikle

Yeah but I don't own Paragon, hence asking the question :p

O and O and Discord
A and A

Wintercat

Paragons is a -source- I am starting with, but dont expect the Paragons book to be full of 'Canon' for this world. I use the book as described, its a source material I build on. Though the question was fair and just, so I'll see if I can answer it satisfyingly.

This game is meant to show a world that is only now coming to accept that there are people with powers that defy logic and that surpass the laws of physics, capable of impossible. Its not known how far it will go.

The people who get these powers may use them for good, use them for evil, or simply use them for gain. Who knows, its still in the air.

I am looking for people in the spirit of things like 'Heroes' and '4400'. People who are curious about their powers, what they are for, and willing to use them.

I hope to see some take up a more heroic mantle, but if some choose to abuse and misuse their powers, they can choose that path. Just remembering that such actions might have quick consequences. So I'd suggest not going all-out-destruction-party unless you are really hoping to see what the governmental agencies can throw at your character.

Because they just might have a bigger hand than they are showing, still.

I'm hoping a bit towards the heroic direction that is, but the players dont need to worry about a shocked, stunned silence if they kill someone. It may well cause a media flash against them but then again, it will depend on the situation. If they burn a reporter for asking a bad question, they'll get some serious infamy. If they kill a child molester holding a gun to a kid's head, the news might comment on their strong use of force but also secretly cheer them on (or proclaim them amoral vigilante, depending on publisher and their views).

I aim for a bit of mixture of Heroes, and the X-Men genres. The events transpiring are still new, but they're also breaking into the public knowledge fast and becoming a hot issue to handle, one which nobody has definite answers to just yet.

So, leaning towards good but allowing characters to have flaws, and they can choose their own path, but choices carry consequences. Does that help?
A&A

meikle

Quote from: Wintercat on August 31, 2011, 07:22:52 PMDoes that help?
Quite a bit, yes!  That was just the kind of explanation I was looking for, thank you. :)

O and O and Discord
A and A

TheVillain

Agreed, here's a basic idea. And I like the idea of it being a global game. It just feels like it should be to me.

Name: Frederick "Freakshow" McGowan

Appearance: Like a punk rocker whose only just decided to cut his hair this young man is rarely seen out of doors in anything but camouflage camo pants, t-shirts featuring various punk albums, and his favorite jacket patched to the point the canvas underneath is almost unrecognizable. In warm weather he'll trade the jacket and t-shirt in for black a-frames. Extensive tattoo work covers his arms and most of his torso, though he has no piercings and his brown hair is not altered beside being combed. The tattoos mostly seem to be scenes from various myths and legends- predominately centered on King Arthur but every culture makes an appearance somewhere, showing a surprisingly well read education.

Region: Good ol' London Town

Career: Artist, mostly sketch-work but also paints, tags, and does tattoos. Is currently also the bass player in a punk band, a band who probably won't get anywhere but is honest in their music.

Personality: A decent guy at heart, but utterly convinced that "The Man" is out to get him. An artist of no small amount of skill, his paranoia is sort of self-fulfilling when he uses public property for his impromptu "art" in the form of petty vandalism. A bit of a criminal but only for art's sake or when someone deserves what's coming to them, never for money. Is surprisingly well read, as his everlasting quest to make his masterpiece has taken him to strange places- often libraries. Not many punks can surprise a girl with an informed opinion on 17th century french poetry, part of why he's called "Freakshow".

Brief Background: Born to a borderline emotionally abusive and not-so-secretly-racist military father, Frederick started rebelling in his teenage years and never stopped. His father wanted him to join the military, marry a nice (white) girl, and live his own life over again. Frederick took to art and was tempted to tell him he was gay just to piss off the old man. Finally his mother got the guts together to leave his father and moved to London, to which Frederick took to like a fish to water when it came to the punk scene.

Having moved out on his own, he's a local artist of no small renown who was finally convinced to join a mate's punk/funk band The Nazi Zombie Surf Commandos as the bassist. He's getting better, honest. Of course, his life is starting to get more complicated as his art is taking off and the band is actually starting to not suck. Then the power woke up inside him, strange and wonderful like him.

Powers: Freddie's powers are based on his new found ability, a strange form of super-human speed. Freakshow can move and process information super-humanly fast, though only in the form of rotating along his vertical axis. Essentially he's now a Human Top. While spinning he can preform such feats as generating bursts of wind, limited flight, dodging projectiles, burrowing through solid objects, and if he's in a lethal mood tossing small bladed objects with lethal accuracy.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Black Howling

I've been looking for some superhero action, and see some people I have been dying to game with for a while. I'm totally new to the system, but I can't pass up the opportunity to apply When You, and ixy are involved. Also, I've been dying to game with Meikle since our recent talks. She seems great to game with. Got room for another?

Wintercat

There's still room. FoxyOni has sent me a full sheet that I have approved, otherwise there's been ideas and talk so far. So there is room, waiting to see what we can come up with. I am aiming for a group of 3-5 members, if the game swells to a bigger size I might need a Co-DM at least.

I'm also pretty adamant about staying with the 2nd Edition rules, I have seen the 3rd Edition rules and I have to say I prefer the 2nd Edition for this myself, and hope that'll be alright with all participants.

@TheVillain, your character starts a bit away from U.S mainland where I think the starting main events will take place at but like in comic continuities and such I can run the events at London alongside as well I think, and the powers may well bring the folks to move at a global scale anyhow. I'm not striking anything down for certain though before I got the sheet filled up and handed back at me.
A&A

Miyu

bahhh I know nothing about the system otherwise I would had joined, the rp looks sooo fun X-X. Oh well have fun you guys and gurls ^^

Wintercat

Quote from: Miyu on September 01, 2011, 02:27:36 AM
bahhh I know nothing about the system otherwise I would had joined, the rp looks sooo fun X-X. Oh well have fun you guys and gurls ^^

Sorry about that Miyu, but yeah the rules would help a bit as I hope to run this as a system game (even if the characters will havea fair bit of leeway outside of any possible combat) in the end. The game's rules all come in 1 core book but I am not aware of any System-Reference-Documents for it on a short notice that would be useful here, so sad to say we'll just have to miss you on this one then.

I know from previous experiences this game system is just a bit too complex to try and guide someone through it easily without access to the book.
A&A

Muse

I would very much love ot play if I'm not too late. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

MasterMischief

So very tempting. How frequent do you expect posts?

Black Howling

Quote from: Wintercat on September 01, 2011, 01:11:44 AM
There's still room. FoxyOni has sent me a full sheet that I have approved, otherwise there's been ideas and talk so far. So there is room, waiting to see what we can come up with. I am aiming for a group of 3-5 members, if the game swells to a bigger size I might need a Co-DM at least.

I'm also pretty adamant about staying with the 2nd Edition rules, I have seen the 3rd Edition rules and I have to say I prefer the 2nd Edition for this myself, and hope that'll be alright with all participants.

@TheVillain, your character starts a bit away from U.S mainland where I think the starting main events will take place at but like in comic continuities and such I can run the events at London alongside as well I think, and the powers may well bring the folks to move at a global scale anyhow. I'm not striking anything down for certain though before I got the sheet filled up and handed back at me.
Well unfortunately I might have overextended myself it would seem. Waking up today, I looked at my list and just noticed I'm getting it a little full since I'm going from a whole lot of time to working 33+ hours a week. I think, despite everything, I'm gonna need to withdraw my interest in the game. I want to be a part of it, and this looks epic; but I don't think I'm gonna have the time.

Wintercat

@Muse, we got room still, until I got 5 approved people I'm not ruling out anyone. I've had 1 character send me a completed sheet, and otherwise its still in the air.

@Black Howling, its sad to hear you wont be joining us afterall, but understandable. I know all too well what its like to overextend yourself, but there's still some time to think it through. Also, I'm always willing to run a solo game if you want to test the ice with the system sometime.

@MasterMischief, I am expecting to post an update every 1-3 days, depending on the players, if someone does not reply for 3 straight days, they'll get left behind but can try and catch up again. I may take temporary control of characters orphaned by the players if necessary but I hope for active posting. If something's wrong, a short OOC word about it doesn't take long and saves people from waiting, giving a clear reason to either temporarily control the character or have them retreat from the active stage to re-emerge again later.
A&A

MasterMischief

I prefer 2e over 3e. That is a large part of why this is so tempting.

I may take you up on the solo if that is alright. That would give us a good oppotunity to feel each other out.

I know you have not nailed anything down, but I have a couple concerns. I would like to hear your responses to get an idea if we have compatible styles.

How much combat do you anticipate? How tolerant of min/maxing are you?

I appologize if I am coming off rather pretensious. I just do not want to waste our time if we are not going to be a good match.

Wintercat

If you go looking for trouble, you can have a whole game of fighting, but you may end up bruised and recovering for a while that way. Even if you prefer to find other methods, there will be times when you need to stand up for yourself, your character facing a foe that will have to be dealt with.

The world is open, but there are things that will make things difficult, and the characters will choose how to deal with it.

As for the solo-suggestion, I extend it mainly to those I have roleplayed with before and with whom I feel I have a good mutual respect already, but if it seems that the group-game might not fit some, I am willing to consider running a solo to some folks, just hoping to try my hand at the small group games too though.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I am fairly tolerant of min-maxing, its not something I encourage but I dont throw someone out for it. Though I remind that you cant prepare for everything, and I always prefer a good concept and great roleplay over high stats and frightening rollplay.

As long as the players are good at what they do, I tend to give a leeway into things. One sure-fire way to get killed in character though is to repeatedly, viciously, and abusively attempt to rules-lawyer and cheat, though I have not seen that happen on E yet, which is a very nice thing.
A&A

Ixy

I was thinking about making a power suit character, but that doesn't really fit the 'mysterious powers emerge in humanity' concept.  I could go with speedster, but that's all I've ever tried before and I figure there's probably like 4 already submitted.  I really don't know, and I struggle with this system every time.  Incidentally, I DO have personalities in mind, too.

MasterMischief

(model Texas Olsson)

Dominic Sugar

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 120/120

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +0 (10), CON: +2 (14), INT: +1 (12), WIS: +1 (12), CHA: +4 (18)

Tough: +2/+4, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +8

Skills: Bluff 8 (+12), Diplomacy 8 (+12), Gather Information 8 (+12), Intimidate 8 (+12), Knowledge (business) 4 (+5), Language 4 (+4), Notice 8 (+9), Search 4 (+5), Sense Motive 4 (+5), Stealth 4 (+4)

Feats: Attack Specialization 2 (Light Pistol), Attractive (+4), Beginner's Luck, Benefit (organizational ties) (Northrop Grumman), Benefit 8 (Wealth), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 2, Equipment 2, Fascinate (Diplomacy), Inspire 5 (+5), Luck 4, Second Chance (Bluff), Second Chance (Diplomacy), Skill Mastery (Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Sense Motive), Ultimate Effort (Bluff), Ultimate Effort (Diplomacy), Well-Informed

Powers:
Super Charisma (Emotion Control 8) (DC 18; Perception Area (General), Duration (continuous); Action (full), Limited to Emotion (Love), Sense-Dependent (Auditory); Subtle; Custom (Does not affect PCs or important NPCs))

Equipment: Cell Phone, Laptop Computer, Light Pistol

Attack Bonus: +6 (Ranged: +6, Melee: +6, Grapple: +6)

Attacks: Light Pistol, +10 (DC 18), Super Charisma (Emotion Control 8) (DC Staged/Will 18), Unarmed Attack, +6 (DC 15)

Defense: +7  (Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -2

Initiative: +0

Languages: Chinese (Mandarin), English (native), French, Russian, Spanish

Totals: Abilities 16 + Skills 15 (60 ranks) + Feats 37 + Powers 17 + Combat 22 + Saves 13 + Drawbacks 0 = 120

Background
Satan had a child and his name is Dominic Sugar.  At least that is what the liberal pundants will tell you.

Ronald Sugar, Dominic's father, was chairman of the board and chief executive office of Northrop Grumman Corporation.  You know, the corporation that sold defective fighter planes to the US Navy and overcharged the US government for space projects.  All of this happened under Ronald Sugar's watch, but he was somehow completely unaware of any of it.  Satan, right.

Despite these egregious blunders, Ronald Sugar still sits on the board of directors for Chevron Corporation and Apple, Inc.  Let us not even mention all of the close nit ties he maintains with defense industry contractors.  Dominic is following closely in dear ole dad's footsteps.  He is currently Vice President of Intelligence of Northrop Grumman.  His network of tendrils are just as extensive as his father's.  One of his closest friends is Sergey Brin and rumor has it, Dominic plays 18 holes with Wu Bangguo whenever the chairman is in town.

To say Dominic is wealthy and well connected is an understatement.  What is more is that Dominic has a charisma his father lacked.  He transitions easily from the factory floor to the boardroom and even to backrooms with top congressional leaders.  You would not need six degrees of separation with Dominic; more like three.

When 2012 hit, Dominic did not demonstrate any obvious paranormal abilities.  He was fascinated by these newfound super-men, but it appeared he was not one of them.  However, it gradually became apparent that he had been blessed.  He had always displayed a surprising charisma, but it became even more surprising after 2012.  It was if no one could say no to him.  Five minutes talking to him and people act as if they were childhood friends.

Using his assets at Northrop Grumman and his considerable connections, Dominic has begun collection information on every known paranormal.  He also tasked one of his divisions with identifying and reproducing the cause of these paranormal abilities.

MasterMischief

Quote from: Ixy on September 01, 2011, 07:12:31 PM
I was thinking about making a power suit character, but that doesn't really fit the 'mysterious powers emerge in humanity' concept.  I could go with speedster, but that's all I've ever tried before and I figure there's probably like 4 already submitted.  I really don't know, and I struggle with this system every time.  Incidentally, I DO have personalities in mind, too.

Ixy, I had mentioned that my background makes an excellent connection to a battlesuit character.  He did not indicate that such a character would be out of place.  You might want to double check with him before making such an assumption.  And if they are allowed, I would be happy to connect our two back stories.

meikle

I don't think it's out of place to have a 'mysterious power' be 'I'm really smart at making battlesuits'.  That's basically Tony Stark in a nutshell...  Well, also alcoholism.

I'm going to sleep in a few minutes (tomorrow's the first day of class), but I'm planning to write up & submit a darkness-control character (iffy, though, because last time I played with that kind of power set, it just annoyed everyone else when I made everything dark :p ) or the opposite, a flashy light-control blaster sort (more likely.)  I dunno.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: meikle on September 01, 2011, 08:38:56 PM
I don't think it's out of place to have a 'mysterious power' be 'I'm really smart at making battlesuits'.  That's basically Tony Stark in a nutshell...  Well, also alcoholism.

I'm going to sleep in a few minutes (tomorrow's the first day of class), but I'm planning to write up & submit a darkness-control character (iffy, though, because last time I played with that kind of power set, it just annoyed everyone else when I made everything dark :p ) or the opposite, a flashy light-control blaster sort (more likely.)  I dunno.

That was his power in newuniversal. Till the guys in suits shot him

Foxy DeVille

Here's my character...

ANIMA

Anima is the collective name for a dual entity that shares the same body albeit in different forms. One is a woman called Eva X and the other is a large male ape dubbed the Animal.

Vitals (Eva X)
Date of Birth: 1/3/1983 (Age 29 in 2012)
Legal Status: Colombian citizen with a US working visa
Height: 5'7"  Weight: 128 lbs.
Eyes: Brown  Hair: Brown (sometimes highlighted blonde)
Measurements: 34D-23-36

Vitals (The Animal)
Date of Birth: Not Applicable, first manifested in 2012
Legal Status: Unknown, currently believed to be an urban legend
Height: 6' 8"  Weight: 603 lbs.
Eyes: Black (red when enraged)  Hair: Black
Measurements: Eleven inches in length, three inches in diameter

Background
Eva X was a successful porn star originally from Colombia but now living and working in the LA area. While making a gonzo video at an actor/director's house, she had an orgasm and suddenly transformed  into a massive male gorilla. The director understandably panicked and grabbed a handgun from a drawer. Before he could take a shot, the ape mauled him to death. The huge beast then watched the video and masturbated, transforming back into Eva X after shooting his wad. Aware of what had just transpired, she quickly destroyed the tape and fled the house, removing any evidence of having been there.

That night Eva had an intense sexual dream and fingered herself while she slept. Soon she triggered another transformation and the gorilla was free to roam the streets of LA. Eventually Eva returned, finding herself naked in an alley near an unconscious crack whore the ape had just raped and beaten. Not exactly an overly virtuous person herself, Eva stole the whore's clothes and made her way home.

So far the police and media are stumped. Everyone has trouble believing the crack whore's story about a hairy monster but the legend of "The Animal of Los Angeles" has still sprung up. Eva has sworn off sex until she could figure out what has happened to her.  But her lifestyle requires a certain level of income and she doesn't have much in the way of marketable skills outside of porn. and she knows that she is only one frisky night away from releasing the Animal once again.

Anima (Eva X)

Power Level: 4; Power Points Spent: 60/60

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +1 (12), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +1/+2, Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +4

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Bluff 4 (+7), Diplomacy 4 (+7), Drive 2 (+4), Gather Information 4 (+7), Knowledge (popular culture) 2 (+4), Knowledge (streetwise) 2 (+4), Language 2 (+2), Notice 4 (+6), Perform (acting) 2 (+5), Perform (dance) 2 (+5), Search 4 (+6), Sense Motive 2 (+4)

Feats: Attractive (+4), Benefit (Wealth), Connected, Defensive Roll, Distract (Bluff), Dodge Focus 2, Improved Initiative, Well-Informed

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +4, Melee: +4, Grapple: +4)

Attacks: Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 15)

Defense: +6  (Flat-footed: +2), Knockback: -1

Initiative: +6

Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish

Totals: Abilities 20 + Skills 9 (36 ranks) + Feats 9 + Powers 0 + Combat 16 + Saves 6 + Drawbacks 0 = 60

--------------------

Anima (The Animal)

STR: +6 (23), DEX: +4 (18), CON: +6 (22), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +6/+8, Fort: +10, Ref: +8, Will: +6

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Escape Artist 4 (+8), Intimidate 8 (+8), Knowledge (streetwise) 2 (+2), Notice 6 (+9), Search 8 (+8), Sense Motive 4 (+7), Stealth 4 (+8), Survival 8 (+11)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 4, Chokehold, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Dodge Focus 4, Endurance (+4), Fast Overrun, Fearless, Fearsome Presence 2, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Overrun, Improved Pin, Improved Throw, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Rage (+1 Increased Duration x5 rounds), Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack

Powers:
Leaping 2 (Jumping distance: x5)
Protection 2 (+2 Toughness; Duration (sustained), Limited (Rage Only))
Regeneration 2 (recovery rate (bruised) 1 (recover 1 / round), recovery rate (injured) 1 (recover 1 / 20 mins); Source (Food))
Speed 2 (Speed: 25 mph, 220 ft./rnd)
Super-Movement 4 (slow fall, sure-footed 1 (25% penalty reduction), swinging, wall-crawling 1 (half speed))
Super-Senses 3 (low-light vision, scent, tracking: Choose Sense 1 (half speed))

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +4, Melee: +8, Grapple: +14)

Attacks: Unarmed Attack, +8 (DC 21)

Defense: +8  (Flat-footed: +2), Knockback: -4

Initiative: +8

Drawbacks: Involuntary Transformation, common, moderate, irresistible, Normal Identity, very common, change triggered by orgasm, Noticeable, uncommon, minor

Languages: English

Totals: Abilities 39 + Skills 13 (52 ranks) + Feats 33 + Powers 17 + Combat 16 + Saves 11 - Drawbacks 9 = 120

Thorn14

Thats...an interesting transformation trigger  :o

Wintercat

Indeed, indeed. We now have 3 people with ready characters from the looks of it, I believe, from what has been shown here and sent to me in questions and examples in private messages.

I believe that the 3 is more than enough to play with already, but think also that the game could use 1-3 other people. Normally I limit myself to 5 players at once, but given this game's style, I'm thinking that 6 might well work as well.
A&A

Callie Del Noire

Well (assuming you've approved mine) you got LOTS more than 3. :D

Wintercat

I included you in the 3 approved characters, yes.

I wait for filled out characters before I mark them 'approved'. I am hoping Muse gets his together, he's the one that I originally -spoke of this idea with- so I am hoping he has a chance to make a character, but I am still looking for those 2 others for this.

Any more players than those 6 though, and i'd need a Co-DM just to ensure this wouldn't fall apart.
A&A

TheVillain

Scrapping my basic idea, just doesn't seem that exciting compared to what I've seen. Will try to come up with something full and send it to you. Soon as I can think of it. :P
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Thorn14

Just trying to think of a concept here...So many ideas!

meikle

I don't like feeling like I'm racing for a spot, so I'm probably not going to be presenting a sheet in fact!

O and O and Discord
A and A

Wintercat

Quote from: meikle on September 02, 2011, 05:26:04 PM
I don't like feeling like I'm racing for a spot, so I'm probably not going to be presenting a sheet in fact!

Alright, I can understand and respect that. I apologise for giving the impression everyone has to be done in a hurry, I'd rather have nice, thought-out characters than the first ones ready, but I wasn't even sure if the game thread would have any nibbles so I didn't prepare any particular method of choosing.

If you are interested, I would be more than happy to run this game with you along, but if I have turned you away with my thoughts so far I apologise for this and hope you find a better, more experienced storyteller then.

EDIT:

Felt I should add a little more though. I wasn't expecting to get this much attention to the game, but it has grown quick. I am considering splitting the game to 2 parties and running the game for them separately, or keeping everyone in 1 bigger game, possibly asking someone's help to Co-DM it. Either way, this would mean the recruitment is -closed- for others now on, but everyone that has already posted will get to play if they want to, and feel they got a concept they would like to put to a try in the game.

I apologise once again for lack of preparation for the attention the game has gotten. I figured originally I might have 2-3 players, if I was lucky, or I might end up running this one-on-one to Muse.
A&A

meikle

I wasn't trying to be critical, I promise.  I was just trying to make sure nobody was going to be waiting for me. :)

O and O and Discord
A and A

Thorn14

Screw it, using Thorn, my original character I made and used all these years, with the power to grow thorns and control them to some degree  :-)

Callie Del Noire

Vitals (Myriad)
Occupation: Actress, Stand-in, Student, Exotic Dancer, Model, various part-time jobs (various forms)
Date of Birth:  9/21/1988 (24 in 2012)
Legal Status: US citizen
Height: 5'9"  Weight: 125 lbs.
Eyes: Brown  Hair: Brown (Various forms have different hair colors)
Measurements: 36C-27-36

Background:
An aspiring actress, Val went to UCLA on a scholarship and got a degree in drama and moved right into the stand by job of many actresses. Pretty much anything that paid her rent that week. She waited tables, walked dogs, washed cars and other jobs to keep her rent up.
One particularly trying week, she went through a series of set backs that pushed her to the brink of breakdown. Her room mates moved out, leaving her place bear of almost everything she had owned, her car broke down, she lost 2 of her part time jobs and had three 'MUST do' jobs come up at nearly the same time. With out all three, she would be out on her ear. Drunk the night before, she passed out wishing that she could cover all three of the temp jobs since that would make her rent for the month.
Waking up the next afternoon after a series of bizarre dreams where she seemed to be at all three acting jobs simultaneously, she was surprised to discover that she HAD gone to all three jobs at the same time. Her awareness grew as her 'forms', as she called her duplicate bodies, went through the actions needed to do the jobs. She had grown a form, which in turn formed two more and tucking her body in bed, gone out to do the jobs. She had found that while there was multiple bodies, her mind was a singular thing among them. She could grow a new 'form' from one body in a few hours and set it moving along easily.
These days, she has three to five forms in LA, and typically spreads the rest over the acting circuit as needed. She has three duplicates doing a magic act in Las Vegas, with one form playing the mentalist while the other two select items from the audience. Another trio are working in San Francisco as dancers. She has a pair in NYC looking for jobs and doing research on the side about meta-human events. A single form is hidden away at a farm her grandfather owns in North Carolina, watching over her grandparents and doing research online on the sly. She has had one form die in an accident, and would prefer to avoid it if she can.
Her agent, one of the few people 'in on it', has been wracking her brain on how to capitalize on this 'knack' of hers. One idea was to open a club solely hosted by her. Val has lost track of which form was 'the original' and tends to regard all her forms as being 'real'. Recently she realized that she could shift her form and heal faster. She can change her height/weight by as much as 35% but like creating a form, modifying one takes five hours of focusing and concentration. She thinks that her ability to heal faster, create forms and such are all tied to a metabolic process she hasn't quite mastered completely. The closest analog that she found in her research to date is the cancer tissues of Henrietta Lacks, which by this time quite out mass her original body. Needless to say she is considering, once she gets her funds above a certain level, creating a form to study biology and anatomy.

Valeria Anne Dobson (Myriad)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

STR: 12 (+1), DEX: 14 (+2), CON: 12 (+1), INT: 12 (+1), WIS: 12 (+1), CHA: 16 (+3)
Tough: +1, Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +4

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+6), Bluff 4 (+7), Climb 2 (+3), Computers 2 (+3), Diplomacy 2 (+5), Disguise 4 (+7/+27), Drive 1 (+3), Gather Information 2 (+5), Investigate 2 (+3), Knowledge (popular culture) 2 (+3), Knowledge (streetwise) 2 (+3), Language 2 (+2), Notice 2 (+3), Perform (acting) 6 (+9), Perform (comedy) 6 (+9), Perform (dance) 3 (+6), Perform (singing) 3 (+6), Profession (Writer) 4 (+5), Search 1 (+2), Sense Motive 2 (+3), Stealth 2 (+4), Swim 2 (+3)
Languages: English (Native), Japanese, Spanish

Feats: Attack Focus (melee) 2, Attractive 2 (+8), Eidetic Memory, Improved Trip, Set-Up, Teamwork 3

Powers:
Duplication 8 (Heroic, Survival; Permanent; Mental Link, Progression, # Duplicates 4 (25 duplicates); Action (Power Use, 5 hours) 7)
Immunity 1 (aging)
Immunity 10 (mental effects)
Morph 4 (morph: broad group - female humanoids only, +20 Disguise; Action (Power Use, 1 hour) 6)
Regeneration 5 (recovery rate (bruised) 1 (recover 1 / round), recovery rate (disabled) 1 (recover 1 / 5 hours), recovery rate (injured) 1 (recover 1 / 20 mins), recovery rate (staggered) 1 (recover 1 / 20 mins), recovery rate (unconscious) 1 (recover 1 / round))

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +4, Melee: +6, Grapple: +7)
Attacks: Unarmed Attack, +6 (DC 16)
Defense: +6  (Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: +0
Initiative: +2

Totals: Abilities 18 + Skills 15 (60 ranks) + Feats 10 + Powers 48 + Combat 20 + Saves 9 + Drawbacks 0 = 120

Locations:
-Los Angeles: 5
-Las Vegas: 3
-New York City: 2
-North Carolina: 1
-San Francisco: 3
Total: 14/25

TheVillain

Vitals (Paradox)
Date of Birth: Unknown, appears to be in his mid to late 20's. Claims his date of birth is January 1st, 2257.
Legal Status: None
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 140 pounds
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown

Background: Paradox is a complete mystery. In some ways, there is no evidence he existed before the power awakenings of 2012. And yet in other ways signs point to him being present at dozens of historical events. Picture above appears to be a thinly disguised Paradox present at the New York V-E Day Parade in 1945. Photographs and witness accounts also seem to put people that could be Paradox at Woodstock, the Sinking of the Titanic, the Hindenburg disaster, the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the fall of the Berlin Wall, there's even a suspicious looking image on a Frescoe at Pompeii.

Paradox claims this isn't a coincidence. He claims he was released from the cloning vats in the late 2250's, where the existence of superhuman abilities are pretty much the only break humanity will catch in the next 300 years of human history. Our time period will apparently be remembered as 'Ragnarok Highway' culminating in the 'Half Hour War' of 2074. By the 2280's the human race is all but extinct, and would be if it wasn't for cloning technology. The vast majority of the people alive in 2280 have super-powers, but an even greater majority are completely sterile. J7's power was seen as a godsend in it's own way. J7 has a superhuman resistance to atomic radiation and as a result was the only person in 2280 who could survive the physical demands of Time Travel.

And, according to him, that's what he's been doing. Attempting to create new time-lines where the war never happened and the human race was never pushed to the edge of extinction but in which Cloning Technology and a rough form of Time Travel were still both developed by the 2280's. But ultimately, he failed- returning to a timeline where a this time much less experienced technician accidently set off an explosion in the prototype time machine. He took his own machine back one more time, back before the War before the machine was deleted from the time-line entirely.

Something about the initial quantum surge of the Awakening had set up a sort of temporal speed trap. The Time Machine crash landed in 18:42 of December 23, 2012- between the ticks of a second. J7 himself "walked" from the crash, his connection to the normal flow of time now loose at best. But now that he isn't part of normal time anymore, he may be immune to temporal paradoxes- and now that he no longer has to worry about that, this could make his mission  to prevent the war success after all.

Abilities: 12 PP
STR 10 (+0)
DEX 16 (+3)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 14 (+2)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 10 (+0)

Saves: 18 PP
Fort: +7 (6 PP)
Reflex: +9 (6 PP)
Will: +6 (6 PP)

Combat: 28 PP
Tough: +8, 7 Imp
Attack: +7 (14 PP)
Defense: +7 (14 PP)
Grapple:+7
Init: +17
Carrying Capacity: 10

Skills: 19 PP
Acrobatics 4 (+7)
Bluff 8 (+9)
Concentration 8 (+8)
Computers 8 (+9)
Craft (Electrical) 8 (+9)
Craft (Mechanical) 8 (+9)
Knowledge (History) 8 (+9)
Knowledge (Physical Science) 8 (+9)
Knowledge (Technology) 8 (+9)
Notice 8 (+8)
Search 8 (+8)

Feats: 6 PP
Evasion
Fast Overrun
Improvised Tools
Instant Up
Inventor
Move-by Action

Powers: 44 PP
Device (Hard to Lose) Rank 4
Effect: General
Range: Personal
Action: Reaction
Duration: Continuous
Cost: 16 PP [20 PP for Contruction]
J7's pilot suit for the time machine was built with the best smart clothing designs of the late 2280's. As such despite it's surprisingly unassuming appearance it actually protects J7 better then a 2012 bulletproof armor set, can change configuration to appear like other forms of clothing, can repair itself, and lets the wearer automatically interface with any sufficiently advanced computer that comes within 100 feet of it.
-Rank 2 Datalink (2 PP)
-Rank 4 Morph [Limited: Only the suit changes, Limited: It can only appear to be other articles of clothing.] (2 PP)
-Rank 1 Absorption [Limited: Stationary Inorganic Matter only, Healing] (2 PP)
-Rank 7 Protection [Impervious] 14 PP

Immunity Rank 3
Effect: Defense
Range: Personal
Action: Reaction
Duration: Permanent
-Aging, Atomic Radiation, Temporal Manipulation/Paradoxes

Time Control Rank 3
Effect: Movement
Range: Ranged
Action: Move
Duration: Sustained
Cost: 25
Paradox's running speed is about 100 miles per hour and can preform tasks at up to 10 times normal speed.
-Alternate Power: Rank 10 Paralyze (Slow and Ranged)
-Alternate Power: Rank 8 Super-Senses (Precognition, Postcognition)
-Alternate Power: Rank 10 Strike
-Power Feat: Wall-Run

Drawbacks: -3
Control - (Minor, Very Common; - 3 PP) - J7's connection to normal time is often tenuous at best. If he's not specifically concentrating on keeping a normal 1 to 1 ratio of his personal time to normal time he can fluctuate in either direction, moving with superhuman speed or slowness.

Total: 12 Abillities + 28 Combat + 18 Saves + 21 Skills + 44 Powers + 6 Feats - 3 Drawbacks = 120 PP

Thorn14

Would it be alright if, as part of my character's story, a meteor hit and took out a city park? Maybe other supers came out of it too.

My character's mutation will be triggered by the event.

TheVillain

I don't know about a whole city park or if mine is acceptable, but mine has a crashed Time Machine. Think that could work too?

Thorn14

Nothing says bad luck like being hit by a crashed time machine

I'll think on it, it could work. Its just I want an event that put my character in danger (I sent the sheet in PM to the GM) that triggers her powers.

MasterMischief

If you still need help, Wintercat, I would consider Co-GMing with you.

Wintercat

The time machine-matter was already discussed with the player and the end result was the character recalls the crash but the thing vanished soon after, leaving no evidence besides the things the character is carrying close to skin.

The meteor event sounds like it might be thought to be the -source- of it all if not for the fact that at most, it happened after several others were already -confirmed-. Also, would require it to be so that while it did damage, it was no -devastated all of central park- size thing, a nasty hit but I'd prefer there was still a good bit of park.

While the meteor was there when the character changed, later on the park returned to -normal- in suspiciously fast time and the meteor was gone. Leaving perhaps some to wonder if it was real or not, or if someone is covering up things.

As said, I'm ok with things, just leave it so there's no definite evidence -at the very beginning- beyond what is part of a character's powers. I haven't seen any 500 feet long space-frigates serving as both headquarters and vehicles yet though, so I think people are going with the right spirit. ^^ Its Paragons ideas afterall. *Bows*

And MM, thanks for the offer, I will consider it seriously. No definite answer from here yet though, sorry need to clear my head a bit.
A&A

TheVillain

Personally, I like the idea that the crash was in time as well as space. It crashed at 1823 on Dec 23rd, 2012- and stayed there while the rest of the time-stream went forward. My only point of disagreement is that this doesn't rule out the time machine being the mysterious meteor as long as every character that uses the meteor was in the same place at that time.

Thorn14

Well I wasn't expecting the meteor to be the SOURCE but just the trigger my character's changes needed.

And I'm cool with it being a small part of the park that was covered up.

Is that what you wanted to happen? If so I'm 100% cool with that.

TheVillain

I don't think he's suggesting that the meteor was the source- just that people think it is.

Callie Del Noire

Well you got to admit it's a hell of an anomaly. :D

TheVillain

Callie Del Noire

Still trying to figure what sort of mischief my 'forms' are getting up to. Of course.. her income tax will be interesting.

"Ms. Hobson.. you reported 250,000 hours of work this year. And filed state returns in six states."

Thorn14

I sent this to the GM, haven't gotten a response back, so what do you guys think?

Abilities 24 + Skills 20 (80 ranks) + Feats 9 + Powers 45 + Combat 14 + Saves 8 + - Drawbacks 0 = 120

PL 8

Strength: 16/20 (+3/+5)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 14 (+2)
Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 12 (+1)
Charisma: 14 (+2)
total: 24pp

Toughness: +8

Attack: +5
Defense: +7
total: 14pp

Saves
Fortitude: + 5
Reflex: + 6
Will: + 3
total: 8pp

Skills
Acrobatics +15 (3)
Computers +5 (1)
Concentration +9 (2)
Drive +7 (1)
Gather Information +6 (1)
Investigate +5 (1)
Notice +9 (2)
Search +9 (2)
Sleight of Hand +7 (1)
Stealth +7 (1)
Survival +5 (1)
total: 20pp

Feats
Attractive 1
Dodge Focus 3
Evasion 1
Power Attack
Weapon Bind
Ranged Pin
Equipment 1
(Cellphone, PDA, Computer)

total: 9pp

subtotal: 53pp

Powers
Enhanced Strength 4 (4)
Immunity 1 (Poison) (1)
Plant Control 6 (6) Range 60ft Radius 30ft DC 16 Entangle; Limited (Thorns only)
[AP] Wall of Thorns (Forcefield 5)
+5 Toughness; Line Area (5x125 ft line); Ablative
Protection 6, Noticable (5)
Regeneration 4; Recovery Bonus 2 (+2 to recover), Recover Rate (Bruised)  2 (Recover 1/action)
Shield 2
Strike 5, DC25, Penetrating; Mighty (14)
[AP] Blast 3, Range 30ft, DC 18, Penetrating
[AP] Blast 3, Range 30ft, DC 18, Autofire (Interval 2, max +5)
[AP] Blast 3, Range 30ft, DC 18,; Burst Area (15 ft. radius), Selective Attack, Action (full)
Super-Movement 1 Trackless;Limited (Grass Only), Permanent (1)
Super-Senses 3, Tremorsense; Limited (Only on grass) (2)
Wall Crawling 1 (Half Speed) (2)

total: 45

Drawbacks None

Grand Total: 120

Trade-Offs:

I got the idea of a backstory, just gotta type it up, and I can't think of a good real life image. I guess I rely on anime too much heh.

Wintercat

I like the character you presented Thorn, my apologies I've had some other things come up in real life while I was preparing things, I am waiting to see the remaining characters but also wondering if I should set a 'starting date' for this game. I would be glad to give it a try to start on Monday if people find it appropriate, but we can delay a bit too. Also, if we start with some ready some not, they ones that are not yet ready are free to jump in at their convienience naturally.
A&A

MasterMischief

Foxy DeVille

TheVillain

I'm coo' with that. Earlier would be awesome too.

Callie Del Noire

Same here... Got another idea for a name.. 'The Standin'. :D

Ixy

I submitted a rough draft, but I don't think I'm going to have time to work this one in... a week ago, I was champing at the bit to get more games, but right now I'm drowning in work and real-life :)  Sorry.

Wintercat

Quote from: Ixy on September 08, 2011, 05:32:44 PM
I submitted a rough draft, but I don't think I'm going to have time to work this one in... a week ago, I was champing at the bit to get more games, but right now I'm drowning in work and real-life :)  Sorry.

Aww, we'll miss you Ixy but its understandable. The offer still stands to join along later if things ease up again. You're a friend and as I mentioned, I would gladly take all that applied for the game, now or later.
A&A

Thorn14

Same here, sorry for the wait, monday works.

I'll be finishing up soon. RL has been in the way.

Also is anime/cartoon characters ok for character portraits or would you prefer RL? If so, is there a good place to find images?

Wintercat

Quote from: Thorn14 on September 09, 2011, 04:44:39 PM
Also is anime/cartoon characters ok for character portraits or would you prefer RL? If so, is there a good place to find images?

I'm generally alright with the more 'realistic' anime images, I know some prefer to have only 'portraits' for chracter concepts, or real good 'lifelike images' but personally I'm ok with Anime images that are not too over-the-top.

Hmm..

Portrait of a character posing cool? Alright.

Same image with a massive sword longer than the guy himself, with hair that reaches to his ankles, and summoning a meteor to destroy an entire planet with a white wing stuck on his back?

Okay, now you are just being silly.

Anyway, keep it 'within reason' and I'm usually fine with anime avatars.
A&A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wintercat on September 10, 2011, 01:34:46 PM
I'm generally alright with the more 'realistic' anime images, I know some prefer to have only 'portraits' for chracter concepts, or real good 'lifelike images' but personally I'm ok with Anime images that are not too over-the-top.

Hmm..

Portrait of a character posing cool? Alright.

Same image with a massive sword longer than the guy himself, with hair that reaches to his ankles, and summoning a meteor to destroy an entire planet with a white wing stuck on his back?

Okay, now you are just being silly.

Anyway, keep it 'within reason' and I'm usually fine with anime avatars.

I'm still trying to figure out what sort of 'looks' Myriad goes for...if Metas are public knowledge I see her being a stand in for a LOT of actresses.

Thorn14

How is this image? Its not the best I can find but its the only one close enough. (Seriously, its really hard to find a good image of a girl wearing a heavy jacket!) She's going to be a tad younger (think 20) and will be wearing a heavier jacket with a hood  and underneath her heavy jacket/hood (She likes to hide her green hair when in public) she wears a backless and sleeveless top so that she doesn't rip up her clothing when she summons her thorns from her body.

What her outfit is under her jacket (she takes off the jacket in battle)

Wintercat

Looking good, looking good. I'll post the start-up thread tomorrow, and the game will launch. People will have a chance to narrate their own 'intro' a little bit, to show how they want to enter the scene, but after that point, I'll see to guiding the events. Players have a chance to truly affect the world with their actions, but also to engage in whatever pursuits they desire with those powers, but they are not the only people with powers out there.
A&A

Thorn14

And I'll post my character's background (finally) after lunch. It should be simple so no big deal.

Lunarice

Muse just sent me this thread and I am interested as well.  Been a while since I played M&M but can probably whip something up the next day or two.  Anything set on powers so far?  I don't want to duplicate anyone's ideas.  When it comes to making the powers, I tend to need a little help but figure I can snag Muse for a bit.  Unless you've already got all you need ...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lunarice on September 11, 2011, 01:35:39 PM
Muse just sent me this thread and I am interested as well.  Been a while since I played M&M but can probably whip something up the next day or two.  Anything set on powers so far?  I don't want to duplicate anyone's ideas.  When it comes to making the powers, I tend to need a little help but figure I can snag Muse for a bit.

Ironically, dupication IS my character's power.. Myriad. :D

Lunarice

*grins*  That's a cool power but not one I typically go for.  I usually go a bit elemental other than the one petite powerhouse I made.

TheVillain

I made the speedster, though he's more of a time manipulator so you probably could go with a speedster if you go for a different tone.

Muse

This is Beat's history.  I'm working up his sheet. 

Complications:
"You ever read the comics?  Spider man had a creed, he got it from his uncle Ben.  I have one too, I got it from the hood I grew up in.  "No one ever made the world a better place by waiting for someone else to do it." 

History:
Henry McCray was born in the Mondomwin district of Baltimore.  A traditional black ghetto and a rough one at that, he had a head start over other kids in his neighborhood. 

His family business—a soul food restaurant called McCray’s place—was right across the street from the community college.  Both his parents were graduates.  Students and even professors came in to eat, study, and watch kung fu flicks at all hours.  Talking with them, his vocabulary got a head start.  Rapping with them, his lyrics got ahead of his age group.  A gym teacher made certain he didn’t hurt himself trying to emulate the kung fu movies. 

Henry always heard his life to the beat of drums.  As a baby, he did what any baby would in the kitchen, but as a toddler—instead of stop—he learned rhythm and meter.  With wooden spoons he brought music from every surface he found.  In elementary school, he explained too a fed up disciplinarian, ‘I like to find out what vibrations sound good and what don’t.”  A science teacher overheard this and explained discovered that he had largely intuited an understanding of how sound travels through matter. 

In junior high he became a drummer in a garage band and marched in the high school band.  In ninth grade, he started suffering periods of fever that came and went.  When they were worst—when he felt he was burning up—he would drum as if he could drum the pain out of him, and soon the fever would break, though it seemed whatever he was drumming on was ringing. 

Then came the day that the fever hit him at school.  He was supposed to go too the nurse, but instead found himself drumming his way out the door and up the street.  The faster he moved, he found, the less the heat built.  Then he found himself surrounded by a posse that liked to rough him up for his stuff. 

Instinctively it all clicked.  He drummed the ground and the gang was knocked from their feat.  He sent the vibrations from his body through the sticks to knock the gangers back down as fast as they got up ‘til they stayed down, and the fever broke.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Thorn14

Added Ranged Pin to my character.

Backstory

My name is Ada. No I wont tell you my last name. I was just a simple college student going to a local community college, getting my credits out of the way. I never considered what I wanted to be when I grew up, so it was high time I started to decide. Fate decided for me. I went to the local park to relax and think, every friday. It became routine really. I had heard that some strange things were happening, but in this city, well the weird is to be expected here, and I didn't like watching the news. Too depressing and politics always had me upset. In any event, I leaned against a bench and closed my eyes for a moment. It was then I heard screams, and looked around me, was there an attack? But before I had any idea what was going on, an explosion rocked near me, and tossed my body several feet. However, instead of becoming a mangled and burned corpse, I was completely fine, and even stranger, a field of roses and briers surrounded me. I ran before anyone noticed me.

I soon found I had powers, just like these metas I had heard about shortly after. I was able to control plant life somewhat, as well as grow thorns from my body. I guess I became one of those super heroes I heard about...but I'm no here, I'm just a kid. And metas were becoming feared and experimented on. I soon had to hide my identity because my hair had also become green, making it prety obvious. I walk around in a heavy jacket with a hood underneath to hide my hair. But if I become threatened, I have a...somewhat untasteful shirt on, so I dont shred it...

I'm not going around saving the world, I try to help out in ways I can, but not risking myself. I fear there may be more to my future...but for now I play it safe.

Personality: Ada is shy and keeps to herself, but not afraid to do the right thing. Her condition makes her extremely nervous and she'll hesitate before doing anything drastic. She has a hidden side under her that can make her prone to some explosive tantrums, but lately she has kept it in check. While her shirt would suggest she flaunts her body, it is used only as a necessity. She'd rather keep her jacket on.

Callie Del Noire

I feel a bit bad now.. all I got are broke actress duplicates. :D LOL.. still access wikipedia, social sites ect elsewhere while walking with the players can be fun.. not to mention once I buy up some gear points.. team work moves will be fun.

Of course the tenses could be fun.

"I'm looking into it." Coming out of three mouths at the same time while another form is states away doing research..

Note.. have to up gather info.

Thorn14

Alright, all set.

Still dont know how we are going to have miss gorilla turn into her attack form when combat is needed...

Muse

Abilities x + Skills x (x ranks) + Feats x + Powers x + Combat x + Saves x + - Drawbacks x =

PL       8

Strength:    12
Dexterity:    14
Constitution:    12
Intelligence:    12
Wisdom:    12
Charisma:    12

Toughness:   +1

Attack:   +2
Defense:    +5

Saves
Fortitude:   +(5+1)
Reflex:    +(5+2)
Will:       +(5+1)
total: 15pp

Skills
Acrobatics            4
Bluff               4
Climb               4
Computers            2
Diplomacy            4
Drive               4
Gather Information         4
Knowledge: Civics         4
Knolwege: Curent Events      4
Knowledge: Streetwise      4
Knowledge: Popular Culture      4
Knowledge: Theology/Philosophy   2
Perform: Dance         4
Perform: Percussion Instruments   12
Perform: Sing            4
Profession: Musician         6
Sense Motive            6
Stealth               4

total: 20pp

Feats
Attack Specialization: Ranged Vibration PulsesX3
Attack Focus: Melee X6
Benefit: Atractive
Dodge Focus X5
Equipment X2
Evasion
Improved Initiative

total: 19pp

subtotal: 82pp

Powers
4   Blind Sight, Auditory

24   World-Drumming Multipower: 
Piercing Strike + Trip 8
1   Alt Power:   Blast + Trip 8
1   Alt Power:   Piercing Blast +Trip 6
1   Alt Power:   Cone Area Trip 8
1   Alt Power:   Cone Area Blast + Trip 6
1   Alt Power:   Illusion, Auditory

5   Super Speed 1 with Area Attack

total: 38

Drawbacks

Grand Total: 120

Trade-Offs:
-2 maximum saving throws/+2 Maximum defense. 

Complications:
"You ever read the comics?  Spider man had a creed. Hhe got it from his uncle Ben.  I have one too.  I got it from the hood I grew up in.  "No one ever made the world a better place by waiting for someone else to do it." 

History:
Henry McCray was born in the Mondomwin district of Baltimore.  A traditional black ghetto and a rough one at that, he had a head start over other kids in his neighborhood. 

His family business—a soul food restaurant called McCray’s place—was right across the street from the community college.  Both his parents were graduates.  Students and even professors came in to eat, study, and watch kung fu flicks at all hours.  Talking with them, his vocabulary got a head start.  Rapping with them, his lyrics got ahead of his age group.  A gym teacher made certain he didn’t hurt himself trying to emulate the kung fu movies. 

Henry always heard his life to the beat of drums.  As a baby, he did what any baby would in the kitchen, but as a toddler—instead of stop—he learned rhythm and meter.  With wooden spoons he brought music from every surface he found.  In elementary school, he explained too a fed up disciplinarian, ‘I like to find out what vibrations sound good and what don’t.”  A science teacher overheard this and explained that he had largely intuited an understanding of how sound travels through matter. 

In junior high he became a drummer in a garage band and marched in the high school band.  In ninth grade, he started suffering periods of fever that came and went.  When they were worst—when he felt he was burning up—he would drum as if he could drum the pain out of him, and soon the fever would break, though it seemed whatever he was drumming on was ringing. 

Then came the day in junior college that a fever hit him in class.  He was supposed to go too the nurse, but instead found himself drumming his way out the door and up the street.  The faster he moved, he found, the less the heat built.  Then he found himself surrounded by a posse that liked to rough him up for his stuff. 

Instinctively it all clicked.  He drummed the ground and the gang was knocked from their feat.  He sent the vibrations from his body through the drumsticks to knock the gangers back down as fast as they got up ‘til they stayed down, and the fever broke.

Wintercat

Looking good everyone, going to put up the character thread, ooc and ic threads tomorrow. The game starts then (on Monday) and I will hope to see an interesting game with all of you.

I am presently a bit undecided which board to post this game under, possibly NC-Human, but I will consider other alternatives gladly as well, if the players have preferences with these. I am nonetheless aiming for an interesting game, and seeing what your intros include then. Also, if you have some wishes about what the character of yours might face in time, I'll be listening. The game has some 'sandbox' elements, but there will also be elements where players should react if they want to change things for the better or preserve status quo at least, and things are very likely to get worse without their intervention at that.
A&A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Thorn14 on September 11, 2011, 02:35:36 PM

Still dont know how we are going to have miss gorilla turn into her attack form when combat is needed...

Let's see.. a little 'bow chica wow' music, some oils, toys and throwing the guys of the group into a closet with her after a hyper dose of viagra?

Wintercat

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 11, 2011, 03:00:57 PM
Let's see.. a little 'bow chica wow' music, some oils, toys and throwing the guys of the group into a closet with her after a hyper dose of viagra?

Turning her into a gorilla doesn't sound so bad, its getting her to turn back...!

Heheh hee, sorry just finding the trigger condition amusing, though I do not intend to cause a huge headache with that, just finding the situation amusing in serious manner. Anyhow, waiting to see how things take shape.
A&A

MasterMischief

Quote from: Thorn14 on September 11, 2011, 02:35:36 PM

If this game is going to focus on combat, I will have to bow out.  Story has more appeal to me than tactical wargames.

Callie Del Noire

Hmm.. I wonder.. could Myriad be the first '1 person corporate entity?' Incorporate to better work her power to it's utmost?

Myriad, Inc.

Thorn14

^^ Well I dont want it to be a dungeon crawler obviously but you can't have a super hero story without combat.

Wintercat

Quote from: MasterMischief on September 11, 2011, 04:10:59 PM
If this game is going to focus on combat, I will have to bow out.  Story has more appeal to me than tactical wargames.

Again, I dont plan to focus on combat, but various kinds of conflicts can emerge. Players will have their choice on what they will want to interfere with and what they will want to leave alone. As said, I dont plan to make anything that is 'railroaded' as absolutely have to do this scenario, but leaving things be can result in some trouble, but lets say that you dont take part in a fight, things get a bit more paranoid, a bit of social engineering could be put to use then after that to try and turn it back to the way it was, possibly involving some other efforts elsewhere.

That said, its a game that will live according to what the choices made are.

Still, your character can pull the strings on some  things and leave an actual fight to another for example? Doesn't mean you all have to be doing the same thing at the same time either. Its a world that changes little by little by what choices are made.
A&A

Wintercat

The game has now Launched.
The threads are as follows:

OOC-Thread
Character Archives
IC-Thread

Please post your character sheet into the Character Archives, and then feel free to post up within the IC-thread. Those not yet ready, no rush, you are free to join along whenever ready.
A&A