'Fallout' Interest Check [M seeking F][UN]

Started by Barding, April 24, 2010, 08:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barding

"Here is no water but only rock
                                                                                                         Rock and no water and the sandy road
                                                                                                         The road winding above among the mountains
                                                                                                         Which are mountains of rock without water
                                                                                                         If there were water we should stop and drink
                                                                                                         Amongst the rock one cannot stop or think
                                                                                                         Sweat is dry and feet are in the sand
                                                                                                         If there were only water amongst the rock
                                                                                                         Dead mountain mouth of carious teeth that cannot spit
                                                                                                         Here one can neither stand nor lie nor sit
                                                                                                         There is not even silence in the mountains
                                                                                                         But dry sterile thunder without rain
                                                                                                         There is not even solitude in the mountains
                                                                                                         But red sullen faces sneer and snarl
                                                                                                         From doors of mudcracked houses
                                                                                                            If there were water"
                                                                                       -                         The Waste Land, 'What the Thunder Said', T.S. Eliot

This may be a little disappointingly short compared to my usual roleplay request threads. However, as I've recently returned to Elliquiy, we all need to start somewhere and, uhm, I just want to see if anyone'll take the bait if I post this thread as it's a tentative idea at best. Recently I've had a craving for post-apocalyptic roleplays that lead me to playing 'Fallout 3' again - "America's First Choice in Post-Nuclear Simulation". If anything, doing so only fuelled my desire for a roleplay along these lines. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the Fallout setting but I feel it has so much potential that is untapped by the games. I want to tap this potential for myself and one other co-writer/co-roleplayer.

Here's my idea. I want to set a roleplay in Fallout-world but I do not want to follow the storylines or settings of any of the previous games. I want freedom to work (collaboratively) within the bounds of what is otherwise a gorgeously expansive setting. As I said before, there's so much potential. I want to find a partner with which, first off, to create an area of wasteland previously unexplored by any of the Fallout games so far. This could be within America, it could be within Europe, within Russia, anything...I want to explore how the nuclear holocaust affected the rest of the world. I want to stretch both my and my co-roleplayers imaginations. I want to come up with new settlements, new mutations, new factions and new adventures. However, the form I'd like this to take would allow us to take this one step at a time. We'd come up with the initial setting first and move into places (and features of those places) within it, to an extent, as we go along.

Unlike most of the roleplay request threads I have posted in the past, this RP currently has no specific plot I have spend daaays and daaays thinking up. Rather, I want to keep the plot open-ended. Basically, I want it to be an adventure for both players and both characters. However, don't let this paint images in your head of D&D style questing and fun-and-games romps. Me being me, I want a fair bit of grit. Indeed, I want more grit than the actual games themselves were allowed to show. I want very real fear, very real injury, very real adrenaline. Unlike in 'Fallout 3', for example, you're not going to be able to survive a burst of assault rifle fire to the head, but nor is much else...So the wasteland is an even playing field. I'd like it if there were, to an extent, a fair bit of action in this roleplay. However, I also want character development, psychological depth and a creative rendering of life in the wasteland of our choice...Possibly with some of the whimsy and black humour found in the games as well, but that's optional :). Oh, and, again, me being me, I want romance somewhere in there. Not of the traditional variety, but I want our two characters to meet one another, end up trying to survive together and, due to the tension and stress involved, fall for one another...Doesn't mean they have to like each other too, though :P. I want the process to be gradual. Still, I will leave the actual nature of this meeting and the relationship that develops until brainstorming begins. What I am sure of for now though is that I don't want lofty goals like giving the wasteland purified water to be the aims of the two characters - I don't want questing...I want surviving to be the characters' highest priority, along with attaining the currency and goods required for that.

What I am looking for in a co-writer...
- I would prefer it if both the player and the character were female, though I will
not reject males (or anything else) outright, so long as they can play a convincing
female and fit all the other conditions I have for potential co-writers. Read on.
- Writing style and writing quality are of paramount importance to me. You may be
able to belch out great long posts and yet if the quality isn't there I won't so much
as sniff at the sheer quantity of it. I classify quality writing as having three things:
a style suitable for the roleplay in question (I like experimental styles, they excite
me; feel free to bring them to this roleplay, if you like); an expressive level of detail
and description, preferably studded with lovely bits of imagery and other such lite-
rary devices; and characterisation. Ah, characterisation :). I am picky about writing and
roleplaying but I am not elitist; I do not look down my nose at those who do not fulfil
the above prerequisites but I will reserve the right to refuse roleplay propositions from
them. Thank you for listening to that bit...Hmnnn...other stuff...
- Creativity and imagination and originality, oh my! This goes for your setting-conception
abilities, your character creation abilities and the way in which you roll with the roleplay
(god that sounded cheesy, didn't it?). I hope it doesn't sound like I'm being a complete
[censored into: 'nasty person'] here. I just know what I want and I am promising I will
give whosoever I roleplay with all of the above, also (except the playing of a female char-
cter and real life femaleness; I won't give you them, logically enough). These are things
I feel would improve this roleplay no end.
- Again, thank you for reading this list and, well, I do hope I can make the time you've
spent so far worth every second. These are all things I attempt to bring out in myself as
well; I'm no hypocrite...I hope?

Anyway, after all that, please PM me if you feel you fit the above criteria and are still interested. If you would like to know a little more about me as a roleplayer, please read my On's and Off's though, [as of the 24th of April, 2010] it doesn't have any of my overtly sexual preferences listed quite yet, but it has plenty of other information I hope you might find useful. When you do PM me, I'd love if you did so in such a way that included any setting or character ideas you might have developed while reading this thread (and possibly my O/Os) - I am not looking to dictate a setting and other such ideas to you; I want this to be a collaboration. However, don't worry if you don't have any ideas but are still interested...PM me anyway, just so long as you intend to have ideas and contribute them in the future.

Thank you for listening and thank you for putting up with me. This did turn out a decent length afterall... :S

:: O/Os ::
Updated 09/08/2021

:: Cravings ::
Updated 20/09/2021

:: Accepting new stories only in very special cases. ::

Barding

So I suppose there's no interest in this interest check? Meanwhile, I'd like to update or edit this but am currently unable due to being a NING. I feel I should instead just apologise for any spelling mistakes I may have missed and for the fact that the quoted snippet of poetry at the start wasn't properly centered, even after all the tabbing I stuck into it. It looked different in the preview. Sorry, as a perfectionist this irritates me.
:: O/Os ::
Updated 09/08/2021

:: Cravings ::
Updated 20/09/2021

:: Accepting new stories only in very special cases. ::