Beyond the Veil (M for F) [Dark, Mystery/Occult Theme]

Started by TheOscan, June 21, 2015, 09:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOscan

Hi everyone! I'm still fairly new here, so let's see how this works out.

I'm looking for someone to write the female character in a story-idea I have thought about for some time now.
I have been reading up a lot on cult activity and crimes related to it, as well as satanism and occult practices. Since I always liked the idea of the abyss staring back into you, I came up with an idea that I would like to try.

The whole idea behind the story would be to take two ordinary people, twist them deeper and deeper into the abyss and see what happens. Since the setting for this (as I thought of it) is going to be fairly generic, I want to focus on character development, the moral conflicts, the drifting into madness. I want to see our characters being involved with the darkness, fall from grace, struggle to get out and maybe not make it in the end.

What I had in mind for a background is, as I mentioned, kind of standart. I imagined a secluded place, like a university or a college somewhere in the countryside. An elder institution, hiding forbidden knowledge... People who are familiar with HP Lovecraft will know what kind of flair I am talking about.
Our characters would be students at the institution. They are not very close and belong to different peer-groups, maybe they are not familiar or they have a history of dislike. When a mutual friend disappears under strange circumstances, they get together to look into it, since some people at the institution seem particularly concerned with keeping low about it.
I see our characters getting lost in intrigues, finding themselves in occult rituals, discover secret knowledge and plunge into depravity.

Of course I am open to discuss changes to the setting - I am always open for new ideas!

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM! Tell me what kind of character you thought, about their skills and history.