News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Writing Improvement

Started by Aragem, January 10, 2012, 06:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

I've noticed when I look at my first posts at E, there is a HUGE different to how I write back then compared to how I write now.  I must say that it has been a lot more improvement since then.  I love how E help improves my writing skills. 

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

AndyZ

I have a copy of the novel I was trying to write before E, and a rewrite that got started in between, and then the rewrite that I made when I looked over the second version and realized how much I'd improved in just a few months.  This gets my +1 as well.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Shjade

In my case it feels more like rehab than direct improvement. I got out of practice writing after college and instant chat RP just doesn't quite have the depth needed for writing practice - it forms more bad habits than anything. RP here on E, in addition to having some less completely smut options compared with my usual RP venues, allows for much more room to stretch and flex the old creativity, particularly with language and structure and narrative style. It's been nice. ^.^

Actually having some fun experimenting a little with a narrator that doesn't particularly like the character I'm playing in a new RP now...

Yeah, it's a fairly good option for at least keeping in practice, especially if you're not involved in some kind of srs bsns writing group or something to that effect. ^.^
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.