Murder on the Elliquiy Express (IC Thread) [Day 3]

Started by Kip, March 25, 2010, 08:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip

The Elliquiy Express was one of the world's most luxurious trains.  Each year, it offered an opportunity for people to travel the world in unsurpassed opulence with all their wants and needs taken care - even those that they weren't aware of.  People traveled from all over the world to enjoy the once in a lifetime experience the journey offered.

Aware of the demand, the owners could decide who they invited onboard and, as a result, only the lucky or obscenely rich were lucky enough to board the train each year.  With only four sleeping cars, berths were extremely limited - particularly given the spaciousness of each suite. 

You are one of the lucky few to board this journey.  You may not know it now but it will be one of the most unique trips you will ever experience.  Two (or more) of the passengers are pathological murderers picking off the innocent night by night.  Will you survive and even enjoy the trip?

This is a game loosely based on the mafia style of gaming but with unique twists.

Expressions of Interest can be posted in this thread

Day/Night Cycle
It will run on a day/night cycle with the following schedule :

Day

Each day (except for day one), the passengers will decide who amongst them will be forcefully disembarked at the station the train is stopping at that day. 
Will they remove the murderer, the innocent or even one of their protectors?

After the daily stop, passengers will decide which carriage (1, 2 or 3) they are sleeping in that night and will PM this decision to the GM. 
Only once all decisions have been made and are final will this information be released in a collated post and the night cycle will begin.

Night

Each night, the GM will randomly choose (through a dice roll) which murderer will be active (unless one has been disembarked) and advise them that they have to make a choice of person in their car to kill.
Once that decision has been made and other special roles taken into account, the GM will post the results and the next day cycle will commence. 

Players in the same carriage as the murderer will be informed after the murder victim has been decided and before the day cycle commences.

Special Roles

Passenger
Collectively vote to disembark one passenger each day.

Murderer (x3)
Chooses one passenger to murder each night - which murder occurs is randomly decided by the GM (dice roll).  The murderer may only choose to murder someone who is in the same carriage they are.

Security Guard
Passive.  Their presence will stop any murders happening in the same carriage.

Engineer
Passive.  Can be utterly trusted but is not immediately identifiable.  Passengers in the same carriage as the Engineer will notice a faint odour of coal and know that they are in the presence of one they can trust... they just won't know who it is.

Train Conductor
One time during the game, the Conductor may choose to be told which carriages held murderers the previous night.  They will not be told how many murderers were in each carriage - the result will appear like "Murderers were in Carriages 1 and 3". 

The Mad Passenger
The mad passenger is not that strong psychologically but is very strong physically.  Should someone attempt to murder them, their tenuous grasp on reality will be broken and they will fight back.  Should this happen, the murderer will instead be killed and the mad passenger, in their unhinged state, will take over the role of Murderer.  Until this happens (if it happens at all), the Mad Passenger is stable and 'good'.

Accomplice
Passive.  Should the accomplice be in the same carriage when the murderer tries to attack the security guard or mad passenger (only these two roles), the murderer will succeed.  The identity of the accomplice will not be revealed at this time.

Other Rules
Passengers should not discuss which carriage they are going into (either privately or publicly) until such information is revealed by the GM.
Roles should remain secret and not shared with other players as to do otherwise would spoil the strategy and fun that comes with the game.
All PM communication should be CC'd to Kip so that he can be entertained as well!

Expressions of Interest can be posted in this thread

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Kip

Current Player List

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Esoteric Myobi
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Ladysky - Passenger
Marguerite
Mitholmwen
Pixilicious - Murderer
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Sinera
Spell - Passenger
Trieste
Valerian

~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Kip

The Elliquiy Express chugged along the platform and, with a deep echoing blast of the horn and a final puff of smoke, settled gracefully in front of the lucky patrons waiting to board.  Before the doors opened, a voice echoed out across the platform speakers.  Suprisingly clear, the passengers looked around and smiled as they heard the beginning of their adventure.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome!  The Elliquiy Express will shortly begin boarding.  At that stage, please present your passport and ticket to our concierge, Kip, and he will see to your comfort and personalised introduction to your home for the next few weeks.  As it is soon becoming night, your luggage will be delivered directly to your suite and dinner and drinks will be provided in the dining car or your rooms as you choose.  Now, without further ado, please feel free to board the Elliquiy Express.  Welcome and we hope you enjoy the fantastic experience awaiting you."

Welcome everyone!

We are starting at the end of a day cycle where you are about to retire for the night.

To start the game, you have a choice to retire to Carriage A, B, C or D.  Please PM me which carriage you would prefer to stay in tonight, listing them in order of preference. In the pre-game PM, i listed an example of how this could be done.

While I collate this information, feel free to have a bit of fun in character while boarding the train and settling in.  Please be kind when controlling the NPC character of Kip, the concierge.  ;D

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Autumn52

Xandi boards the train amazed by the luxury offered. She does as she was instructed and heads to the dining and lounging car to meet everyone and wait for her carriage assignment. As she walked through she couldn't believe how beautifully it had been decorated and taken care of. She trailed her fingers along the supple materials.

Once she reached the car she was looking for she ordered a glass of water to start with. Looking around, she took her drink to a sofa and sat down trying not to look completely alone. Looking around the room seeing several interesting men who could prove to be interesting on this trip depending of wheather they were alone or with someone.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Imogen

Imogen sends a final wave to the friends and family seeing her off. The plume on her dainty little green hat bobs upon her dark hair and she smooths the lapels of her matching velvet coat, desiring avidly to fit in with the extravagant luxury of the Elliquiy Express.  She walks through the corridor and enters the lounging car, taking a seat by the window. Taking off her gloves, she packs her passport and ticket into her purse. "Isn't it wonderful?" She breathes in an amazement. "I've never been abroad before. This will be such an adventure!"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ryven

Ryven boards with his bag in hand, setting out on his journey to make his riches.  The carriage he stepped up into was lavish with every luxury that the locomotive afforded.  Shiny fixtures, soft carpeting, and many windows to look out into the passing world.   He presented his ticket and moved down the carriage interior to find his place where he set his bag down and tidied his suit.  "They said the Elliquiy Express was luxurious, but I had no idea it would be this grand."

Pixilicious

Pixilicious stepped onto the train, and looked around.  She placed her bags down on the seat next to her and looked around at all her fellow passengers in the dining area.  "Well this is a most splendid train, is it not?" she asked cheerily.  "It is most certainly a pleasure to meet those of you that I am not acquainted with, and it is nice to see some of you that I do know here again..."  She smiled at the approaching guard and presented her ticket.  When the man left, she took off her coat, draping it across her arm as she smoothed out the skirt of her black cocktail dress, waiting to hear where she would be assigned for the night.
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Nadir

Eden slinks on, a pair of goggles wedged in hir 'fro. She flops down and gets out a pipe - into which she pours a cup of tea. "This is simply marvellous! Our destination - I've clean forgot want it was. Timbuktu? Quala lumpa? Ooooh, Prague!" 

Marguerite

"I believe it is Spain but I do not recall. Either way, I plan to travel all over," Marguerite answered Eden's comment as she looked around. Traveling seemed the best course of action in exploring the countries and seeing where she wanted to settle. Already she had plans to open up a few shops in France, Denmark and Italy but perhaps the destination the train was going on would aid in another store opening. She placed her bags beside her, sitting herself next to the window to watch the passing trees and towns go by on the train.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Spell

Spell walks on the station, blinking at the grandness of the Elliquiy Express. He removed his earplugs from his ears, which was booming out a random heavy metal song. ''Well, where ever this gal will take us, at least the trip should be comfortable!''
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Remiel

Remiel arrives by limosine, his luggage carried by the driver.  Wearing a tailor-made suit and tie, he peers above the lenses of his dark sunglasses at the majesty of the Elliquiy express, and is, despite himself, impressed.  The passenger train seems even more luxurious than he was given to believe--it seems the company has spared no expense in the way of frills or passenger comforts.  Unbuttoning his coat, shrugging out of it, and folding it neatly over one arm, he explores the carriages until he spies a pretty lady sitting by a window.

Taking the seat opposite Imogen,  he flashes her a friendly smile.  "I wonder if we're going to Vienna," he says, by way of breaking the ice.  "I have business there.  Regardless, I'm in no hurry, and am quite looking forward to the trip.  How do you do? My name's Remiel."

Beguile's Mistress

The train comes to a halt in the station, blasting steam throughout.  Beguile steps back from the steam and milling passengers waiting until the crush clears before accepting the hand of the conductor and gracefully stepping up into the luxury train The Elliquiy Express.  Passing through the train on her way to the lounge car she approves of the decor and various appointments. 

Upon arriving at the lounge car she removes her coat and drapes it carefully over the back of an empty seat, accepts a glass of champagne from a passing waiter and smiles and nods to the various passengers who looked up at her entrance.  "An interesting group, I see," she says to herself with a satisfied smile as she seats herself, crossing one elegant silk-clad leg over the other.

Aiden

Aiden looked up from the head of a table as more passengers spread out within the dining and lounge cars, he smiled as he lowered his glass of champagne to give him a chance to straighten his black-pinstripe suit. Reaching into his pocket he checked the time on a his pocket watch, eager to depart so the travel and sight seeing could begin. Deciding it was best to stand and introduce himself he walked through the cart with a smile, greeting each person individually, a handshake for the gents and a polite bow to the ladies.

LadySky

One last wave toward her family and LadySky boarded the Elliquiy Express. She had been one of the few poor lucky fools in the world to receive a chance to take a trip on the Express and LadySky trembled as she climbed up the steps to begin her adventure. Dressed in plain home spun clothing, she stood apart as very different from the rest of the wealthy passengers. Holding her chin high LadySky accepted her champagne and roamed the lounge a bright smile curling her lips upward no matter how out of place she might feel. How she wished another of her family had been able to accompany her on this journey!

Eventually she settled at the bar, having finished her champagne she ordered a stronger drink, hoping the spirits would help her nerves to settle. She had spent her life cleaning most of these peoples homes, working as a maid, to now be mingling with them in such a setting as an equal? It was disconcerting. She studied them all, wincing inwardly at the beauty of all the ladies richly made clothing. She was proud of her own designs and impeccible work, her dream was to one day own her own boutique but when one could only afford cheap materials with which to sew one had to accept that even the loveliest of designs would look cheaply made. Turning away she sipped her drink, forcing her mind to blank and simply enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Valerian

Vel swept into the car after the others, a porter carrying two pieces of brand-new luggage in her wake.  She tipped him offhandedly as he went past to set her cases in her assigned sleeping car, doing her best to look nonchalant, even bored.  Her eyes flickered over the luxurious appointments of the car, and her nonchalance wavered a little.  Then a waiter offered her a glass, which she took, and her eyes widened as she realized it really was champagne -- a positively decadent thing at this hour of the day, and something she rarely had at any hour.

"They certainly do treat you right on this trip, don't they?" she remarked to no one in particular, blushing at her own foolishness.  Her clothes were nice, but as new as the luggage, and she seemed faintly awkward in them at a closer look.  "I've never seen anything like this before, I have to admit it."  She sipped her champagne slowly, ready to savor the glass.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Izu

The station was deafened by the roar of a shiny black motorbike, people turning to look at the bike and the man on it, stepping away as they didn't want to risk being run over. When the bike reached the Elliquiy Express the engine purred softly before it was silenced, the young man on top of it dismounting it. He looked around as he tossed the keys to some of the station's workers. "Happy birthday." He chuckled as he took the helmet off and put it down on the bike's seat as well. Dressed in a pair of tight black jeans, a tight top and a leather jacket on top, he looked like the spoiled heir of some business empire... which he was.

He got on the train and looked around as he passed by a few women and men, giving a grin and wink to a few of them before dropping down on one of the empty seats, yawning loudly. "God... I hope this will be interesting." He said arrogantly loud to have been saying it to himself.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Cardwolf

A red camero charged through the surrounding area and parked at the entrance of the station.  Cardwolf stepped out dressed in a red button up and khaki pants.  His face was curled into a friendly smile and he approached the train and turned in his ticket, before settling down in one of the seats.  He had made sure to lock his keys in the car before he got on the train.

"Hello there!"  He called out to Xandi as he sat beside her and ordered a draft beer.

Kip

The onboard concierge Kip wandered down the train, smiling politely and chatting to the guests.  Checking tickets and passports as he went, he also quietly talked to each about their suite allocations.  As he did so, a faint shudder could be felt through the floor of the carriages.  The platform seemed to start to slide by the windows and it was apparent that the journey had begun.

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Autumn52

Xandi happy to see CardWolf said, "Well hello my friend it looks like we will be taking this journey together. "

Xandi ordered a glass of soda while she enjoyed watching the other converse and she was excited that the train seemed to be making head way now.

"So where is our first destination? Do you Know?" she ask her companion Cardwolf.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Cardwolf

"Actually I have no idea, I'm just going along for the ride."  Cardwolf smiled and took the beer he ordered and drank it slowly, before setting it on the table that seperated him and Xandi.  "So, do you know anyone else here?  I don't see anyone that I've met before." 

Imogen

Imogen returns a bright smile. "It's good to meet you, Remiel. I'm Imogen from London." She turns from the window, giving him her full attention as she hears a magic word. "Vienna?" She exclaims. "Wouldn't that just be grand? I so hope you are right, I have always wanted to visit Schloss Schonbrunn. Ever since I saw Romy Schneider as Sissi! You are a lucky man, Remiel, if your business takes you to Vienna and I envy you already."

When Kip passes, she fumbles with her purse and at long length manages to find her tickets. She hands them over with a triumphant flourish and a beaming smile. A whispered reply is issued to his quiet spoken inquiry.

"Oh!" Her gaze flies back to the window when a gentle rocking motion alerts her to a change in the carriage. "We're off!" Shining eyes find Remiel. "It's my first trip, but I'm already loving it. Isn't it exciting? It's not like normal train travel at all. You know? When you travel from Crystal Palace to the City Centre and the train starts, it's nothing like this."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn Sativus

From her place standing in one of the aisles, socializing with some of the other guests, the slight jerk as the train start had startled Saffron. She sighed a bit after realizing what had happened, taking another sip of her champagne to calm her nerves. The last of her friends who had taken a train like this one had ended up being killed by some masked murderer. Though, she had high hopes that it would be a pleasant ride.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Kye

As the train set out Kyrsa sat down with a drink before dinner to socialize with the others who occupied the dining car.  The champagne bubbled on her tongue as she took in everything with wide eyes, her excitement quite evident.  "I've never been on a train before, this is quite exciting," she said to her companions with a slight laugh.

Cardwolf

Quote from: Kyrsa on March 26, 2010, 06:39:16 PM
As the train set out Kyrsa sat down with a drink before dinner to socialize with the others who occupied the dining car.  The champagne bubbled on her tongue as she took in everything with wide eyes, her excitement quite evident.  "I've never been on a train before, this is quite exciting," she said to her companions with a slight laugh.

"I haven't either,"  Cardwolf said to the other passenger and extended his hand.  "My name is cardwolf might I trouble you for yours?  He was polite and carried their air of a gentleman as he did so.  "Its not often a man finds himself with such good company."

Kye

Quote from: Cardwolf on March 26, 2010, 06:44:28 PM
"I haven't either,"  Cardwolf said to the other passenger and extended his hand.  "My name is cardwolf might I trouble you for yours?  He was polite and carried their air of a gentleman as he did so.  "Its not often a man finds himself with such good company."

With a smile shy she offers her hand in return.  "Of course, my name is Kyrsa, I assure you that the pleasure is all mine.  Would you like to join me?" she asks, indicating the empty seat opposite hers.  She shared pleasantries with cardwolf until the meal arrived, enjoying his company immensely.

Cardwolf

He sat next to her and smiled rather happily.  "I do believe the pleasure is entirely mine."  He gave a wink, then sipped his drink quietly.  "So how did you manage to get a ticket for this ride?"

Kye

Quote from: Cardwolf on March 26, 2010, 06:53:06 PM
He sat next to her and smiled rather happily.  "I do believe the pleasure is entirely mine."  He gave a wink, then sipped his drink quietly.  "So how did you manage to get a ticket for this ride?"

"This trip is a gift from my Uncle, he believes I should see more of the world and experience life while I'm young," she said, her shyness fading quickly.  "What about you Cardwolf?"

Pixilicious

"Kyrsa?" Pixilicious asked, getting up from where she sat.  She frowned slightly as she looked at her best friend down the isle, trying to make sure that she wasn't seeing things.  She walked the few feet it took to reach the other woman before smiling.  Turning, she looked at the man that seemed to be talking to her friend.  "Oh..." she said blushing.  "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to interrupt..."

Cardwolf

Quote from: Pixilicious on March 26, 2010, 07:09:50 PM
"Kyrsa?" Pixilicious asked, getting up from where she sat.  She frowned slightly as she looked at her best friend down the isle, trying to make sure that she wasn't seeing things.  She walked the few feet it took to reach the other woman before smiling.  Turning, she looked at the man that seemed to be talking to her friend.  "Oh..." she said blushing.  "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to interrupt..."

"Its quite alright you didn't interrupt anything in fact we just met."  He smiled and shook her hand smiling with his eyes closed.  "A pleasure to meet you miss...My name is Cardwolf."  He looked at the pair and rested his hand against the side of his face.  "Its so rare for me to meet many people as nice as you too."

"Oh to answer your question Kyrsa, I bought my own ticket."

Kye

With a large smile on her face Kyrsa motions for Pixilicious to join them, moving over so that the other woman can sit next to her.  "Please join us, the more the merrier in my opinion!  Cardwolf and I were just getting acquainted, since we will all be spending quite some time together."

Marguerite

Quote from: Kip on March 26, 2010, 04:20:19 PM
The onboard concierge Kip wandered down the train, smiling politely and chatting to the guests.  Checking tickets and passports as he went, he also quietly talked to each about their suite allocations.  As he did so, a faint shudder could be felt through the floor of the carriages.  The platform seemed to start to slide by the windows and it was apparent that the journey had begun.

She gave Kip her ticket to check knowing individuals might try to sneak onto the train. Her own smile of having done so at a younger time brought back great memories. "Aye, Raul," she whispered, before letting her eyes follow the backside of the concierge. A great ass but she was more intrigued by the lovely Eden and Saffron. Each woman had their own quality and to see the two on the train made things more bearable on this long ride. Already she felt the chair trying to put her ass to sleep and she stood up to put circulation and keep herself from falling asleep. Asking where the bar was, she went down the aisles, nodding to those she knew and those who were new to her.

Spell

Spell got started a little bit by the sudden movement of the train, almost causing him t trip, as he hadn't found a place yet to make himself comfortable. Luckily he had found a spot rather soon and was already eagerly looking out of the window.
Darling,
What is going on...

Marguerite

Quote from: Spell on March 26, 2010, 07:30:51 PM
Spell got started a little bit by the sudden movement of the train, almost causing him t trip, as he hadn't found a place yet to make himself comfortable. Luckily he had found a spot rather soon and was already eagerly looking out of the window.

Marguerite stopped and turned to look at the individual. "Do I know you from somewhere? New York? You look awfully familiar."

Pixilicious

Pixilicious smiled and shook the hand of the other man.  "My name is Pixilicious," she said with a smile.  "It's very nice to meet you.."  She sat down, grinning at Kyrsa, placing her handbag in her lap.  "I had no idea that you all would also be joining this grand little adventure," she said with a smile.  "Though to be honest, I seem to be a bit jittery about everything," she said.  "I'm sure it's nothing though," she said, glancing around at some of the other passengers.  Some of them she hardly knew, and others, because she knew them, she hardly trusted them.  With the talk of all the mysterious murders happening on this particular train, one could never be too careful.

Nadir

Upon seeing Mar, Eden salutes and takes a second cup of tea. When the start of the train sloshed a goodly portion out, hir cursing could be hear throughout the carriage.

"...arsing, infernal contraption! Waste is the ruin of the Empire!" Shi mutters a while longer, dabbing up the spillage and growling a little in ill contained anger.

Cardwolf

Cardwolf leaned back and smiled a little bit, before ordering another beer.  He was anxious to get underway especially with what he had heard about the murders on this train.  It was such a magnificant trip that it was too much to let slip through his fingers.  He promised himself to sleep with one eye open at night during it, but he had no idea what could happen.  "You going to have something to drink Pix?...do you mind if I call you that?"

Marguerite

Quote from: Eden on March 26, 2010, 07:39:19 PM
Upon seeing Mar, Eden salutes and takes a second cup of tea. When the start of the train sloshed a goodly portion out, hir cursing could be hear throughout the carriage.

"...arsing, infernal contraption! Waste is the ruin of the Empire!" Shi mutters a while longer, dabbing up the spillage and growling a little in ill contained anger.

Marguerite could not help but smile at Eden's cursing. It was music to her ears to see the out there but always enjoyable Eden causing mayhem with her words. "You should have waited after the train started. Come on, let us get some tea and myself a stiff drink. If not a stiff between the legs than always one to drink down." She was just as crude and could give a damn about how her words came off. Either realize the crudeness was her way of getting to know someone or get off the train. Oh wait, the train was still going. Oh well.

ScorpioQueen

After boarding the train, ScorpioQueen  hands the handsome concierge her ticket still in awe from the lovely luxurious train. She smiles as she takes the nearest empty seat and begins to observe the other attractive passangers converse. She smiles and nods kindly to Marguerite as she walks down the aisle towards her. After watching her approach the bar she begins to walk over and join. "Ah, I could use a drink I'm ready for my vacation to begin." She chuckles lightly as she looks at the lovely woman standing beside her. She slowly lifts her hand to greet the woman. "I don't believe we've met, I'm ScorpioQueen, what brings you on this lovely train darling?"
I'm your queen, you will obey me! Now tie me up and spank me!

Pixilicious

Quote from: Cardwolf on March 26, 2010, 07:40:29 PM
Cardwolf leaned back and smiled a little bit, before ordering another beer.  He was anxious to get underway especially with what he had heard about the murders on this train.  It was such a magnificant trip that it was too much to let slip through his fingers.  He promised himself to sleep with one eye open at night during it, but he had no idea what could happen.  "You going to have something to drink Pix?...do you mind if I call you that?"

"Yes," she said with a smile, looking at the charming man sitting across from her and her friend.  "I do think some liquid encouragement is needed to put my fears to rest...."  She turned to the bartender, her trademark sweet smile on her face.  "May I have a chocolate martini, please?" she asked.  She turned back to the man sitting next to her, and smiled once more.  "Are you from around these parts?" she asked.  "I don't think I've ever seen you around before..."

Marguerite

Quote from: ScorpioQueen on March 26, 2010, 07:42:46 PM
After boarding the train, ScorpioQueen  hands the handsome concierge her ticket still in awe from the lovely luxurious train. She smiles as she takes the nearest empty seat and begins to observe the other attractive passangers converse. She smiles and nods kindly to Marguerite as she walks down the aisle towards her. After watching her approach the bar she begins to walk over and join. "Ah, I could use a drink I'm ready for my vacation to begin." She chuckles lightly as she looks at the lovely woman standing beside her. She slowly lifts her hand to greet the woman. "I don't believe we've met, I'm ScorpioQueen, what brings you on this lovely train darling?"

A new person to get to know on this trip to wherever it was heading. Perhaps, her memories were fading like the trees outside blurring from the train thrusting onwards to its destination. She nodded towards the female and smiled to hear her name. "I am Marguerite, dear ScorpioQueen and I adventure to head to new lands. I want to open up a few shops and areas to entertain men and women with their carnal needs," she bluntly answered. With the money to make from the dens to attract men and women, she was like any other business-minded individual looking to keep themselves above the water. "What brings you onto this train, ScorpioQueen? Fortunes? A new place to relax? Do tell."

Nadir

Eden sighs at Mar's logic, knowing she wouldn't understand the notion of optimum steeping times and how motion agitates the leaves - she was, after all, a savage of the Americas. "Yes, yes, very well my dear."

Shi walks with Mar to the bar and slaps the counter. "A cup of piping assam! And my love and darling shall have..."

Marguerite

Quote from: Eden on March 26, 2010, 07:50:13 PM
Eden sighs at Mar's logic, knowing she wouldn't understand the notion of optimum steeping times and how motion agitates the leaves - she was, after all, a savage of the Americas. "Yes, yes, very well my dear."

Shi walks with Mar to the bar and slaps the counter. "A cup of piping assam! And my love and darling shall have..."

"A bourbon on the rocks," she answered, leaning over to kiss Eden's cheek. "How much tea did you bring on this journey?"

Cardwolf

Quote from: Pixilicious on March 26, 2010, 07:48:19 PM
"Yes," she said with a smile, looking at the charming man sitting across from her and her friend.  "I do think some liquid encouragement is needed to put my fears to rest...."  She turned to the bartender, her trademark sweet smile on her face.  "May I have a chocolate martini, please?" she asked.  She turned back to the man sitting next to her, and smiled once more.  "Are you from around these parts?" she asked.  "I don't think I've ever seen you around before..."

"I come and go, I actually live in Austrilla and have a second home in South Carolina for business trips.  I generally keep to myself, but i decided I needed a vacation and thought this train would be an amazing way to do it."  He grinned and sipped his beer, then smiled over his cup.  "I can see I made the right choice already."

Pixilicious

Quote from: Cardwolf on March 26, 2010, 07:53:05 PM
"I come and go, I actually live in Austrilla and have a second home in South Carolina for business trips.  I generally keep to myself, but i decided I needed a vacation and thought this train would be an amazing way to do it."  He grinned and sipped his beer, then smiled over his cup.  "I can see I made the right choice already."

"And why is that?" she asked with a grin.  She turned her big brown eyes up at the man, giving him a coy look.  Her eyelashes fluttered teasingly, knowing that he was flirting with her, and she knew a thing or two about flirting with a man.  She was used to their games, and would like to think that she could play them just as well as any guy could.

Cardwolf

Quote from: Pixilicious on March 26, 2010, 07:58:07 PM
"And why is that?" she asked with a grin.  She turned her big brown eyes up at the man, giving him a coy look.  Her eyelashes fluttered teasingly, knowing that he was flirting with her, and she knew a thing or two about flirting with a man.  She was used to their games, and would like to think that she could play them just as well as any guy could.

He chuckled lightly and smiled strumming the table with his fingers and sipping a bit more beer.  "Just the great company is all, I've never met so many friendly people.  It makes me think just how wonderful my life could be if I had opened up early than now."  He grinned again and met her brown eyes with his emerald ones and winked.

ScorpioQueen

Quote from: Marguerite on March 26, 2010, 07:48:47 PM
A new person to get to know on this trip to wherever it was heading. Perhaps, her memories were fading like the trees outside blurring from the train thrusting onwards to its destination. She nodded towards the female and smiled to hear her name. "I am Marguerite, dear ScorpioQueen and I adventure to head to new lands. I want to open up a few shops and areas to entertain men and women with their carnal needs," she bluntly answered. With the money to make from the dens to attract men and women, she was like any other business-minded individual looking to keep themselves above the water. "What brings you onto this train, ScorpioQueen? Fortunes? A new place to relax? Do tell."

Amazed by Marguerite's blunt response, she smiles and stutters to say "I'm on my way to my grandmother's, she has been really lonely lately so I figured I'd take some time off from work to visit her." She smiles for a toast and lifts her glass preparing for a toast, "To you're shops, and my relaxation."

Marguerite

Quote from: ScorpioQueen on March 26, 2010, 08:05:51 PM
Amazed by Marguerite's blunt response, she smiles and stutters to say "I'm on my way to my grandmother's, she has been really lonely lately so I figured I'd take some time off from work to visit her." She smiles for a toast and lifts her glass preparing for a toast, "To you're shops, and my relaxation."

"Even if you are here to get to your grandmother's, I welcome you to the trip." She lifted her own glass, clinked it and sipped it while looking over to Eden to get tea.

Nadir

"I brought six or seven crates. Should last be a week or so. If I drink sparingly." Shi narrows hir eyes at the idea and picks up the cup placed before her, and sipping delicately. "Ah, that's the stuff!"

Marguerite

Quote from: Eden on March 26, 2010, 08:22:42 PM
"I brought six or seven crates. Should last be a week or so. If I drink sparingly." Shi narrows hir eyes at the idea and picks up the cup placed before her, and sipping delicately. "Ah, that's the stuff!"

Six or seven crates? That was too little for Eden. Shaking her head, Marguerite looked around for someone about locating more tea. "I do not want you having to squeeze the last of the tea out of the bag."

Nadir

"I know, it seemed the right amount while I was packing... but logically, we are only headed for other civilised places, seeing as the train must follow the track and the track only goes to train stations, and tea can always be fond in train stations! I do not think I have to worry."

Marguerite

"You are right but I always like to over pack in case I ruin a dress with alcohol or have it rip on a nail," she answered, looking around to make sure her dress was not stepped on or ripped. Everything looked fine and she turned back to smile at her dear friend and the newcomer. "To drink and to enjoy ourselves."

ScorpioQueen

Smiles in amazement at the load of tea that Eden carries. "I agree with Marguerite, it's always a pain when something terrible happens to a wonderful dress." She sips her wine and sits down on a comfy plush chair looking out towards the moving trees.

Marguerite

Quote from: ScorpioQueen on March 26, 2010, 09:10:35 PM
Smiles in amazement at the load of tea that Eden carries. "I agree with Marguerite, it's always a pain when something terrible happens to a wonderful dress." She sips her wine and sits down on a comfy plush chair looking out towards the moving trees.

"You are always welcome to join in on the good fun though I can understand your worries," she answered, nodding at the grave news of an ill relative.

Nadir

"I feel sometimes a dress needs to be ruined. They do hinder one in... certain situations." Eden smirks and sips hir tea pervilly.

Marguerite

Quote from: Eden on March 26, 2010, 09:15:09 PM
"I feel sometimes a dress needs to be ruined. They do hinder one in... certain situations." Eden smirks and sips hir tea pervilly.

Marguerite smirked at Eden's pervy words. "Which is why I go without knickers so there is not a lot to remove, dear chula," she teased, looking out the window and smiling. A new adventure and one that would bring exciting plans.

ScorpioQueen

Quote from: Marguerite on March 26, 2010, 09:12:46 PM
"You are always welcome to join in on the good fun though I can understand your worries," she answered, nodding at the grave news of an ill relative.

"Thanks for the warm welcomes, it always nice meeting new people. Helps get you're mind off of things." She smiles, pleased with the warmth Marguerite has offered.

Quote from: Eden on March 26, 2010, 09:15:09 PM

"That tis true dear." She chuckles silently Eden's words.

Marguerite

Quote from: ScorpioQueen on March 26, 2010, 09:34:02 PM
"Thanks for the warm welcomes, it always nice meeting new people. Helps get you're mind off of things." She smiles, pleased with the warmth Marguerite has offered.

"It is no problem at all and if you ever need to chat or gossip, you know where to find me."

ScorpioQueen

Quote from: Marguerite on March 26, 2010, 09:36:39 PM
"It is no problem at all and if you ever need to chat or gossip, you know where to find me."

"Will do, which reminds me, did they assign which carriage people will be sleeping? Or is it on our ticket? I have never traveled by train, always by plane or car.." Looks at her ticket with a little confusion and then looks to Marguerite hopeful for an answer.

Marguerite

Quote from: ScorpioQueen on March 26, 2010, 09:44:13 PM
"Will do, which reminds me, did they assign which carriage people will be sleeping? Or is it on our ticket? I have never traveled by train, always by plane or car.." Looks at her ticket with a little confusion and then looks to Marguerite hopeful for an answer.

"I believe we can pick our own cabins and give it to the concierge to see if we will get whatever choice we want," she answered and looked around. There were a lot of passengers on the train and wondered how big the carriages were to take on all of them when it was time to sleep.

ScorpioQueen

Quote from: Marguerite on March 26, 2010, 09:48:04 PM
"I believe we can pick our own cabins and give it to the concierge to see if we will get whatever choice we want," she answered and looked around. There were a lot of passengers on the train and wondered how big the carriages were to take on all of them when it was time to sleep.

"Ah, that's right, I believe I recall reading something about that. I suppose I must await for the concierge to return and let us know if we have gotten our requests. I wonder if the rooms are as elegant as this."

Marguerite

Quote from: ScorpioQueen on March 26, 2010, 09:54:49 PM
"Ah, that's right, I believe I recall reading something about that. I suppose I must await for the concierge to return and let us know if we have gotten our requests. I wonder if the rooms are as elegant as this."

She nodded and continued to sip her bourbon. "I am liking the club car and I heard there is an area for music further down. I wonder who or what they brought in to entertain us."

ScorpioQueen

Quote from: Marguerite on March 26, 2010, 10:15:20 PM
She nodded and continued to sip her bourbon. "I am liking the club car and I heard there is an area for music further down. I wonder who or what they brought in to entertain us."

"Oh wow, I love live music. I didn't think this place would be so wonderful, I never want to get off!" She smiles with excitement.

Remiel

QuoteImogen returns a bright smile. "It's good to meet you, Remiel. I'm Imogen from London." She turns from the window, giving him her full attention as she hears a magic word. "Vienna?" She exclaims. "Wouldn't that just be grand? I so hope you are right, I have always wanted to visit Schloss Schonbrunn. Ever since I saw Romy Schneider as Sissi! You are a lucky man, Remiel, if your business takes you to Vienna and I envy you already."

When Kip passes, she fumbles with her purse and at long length manages to find her tickets. She hands them over with a triumphant flourish and a beaming smile. A whispered reply is issued to his quiet spoken inquiry.

"Oh!" Her gaze flies back to the window when a gentle rocking motion alerts her to a change in the carriage. "We're off!" Shining eyes find Remiel. "It's my first trip, but I'm already loving it. Isn't it exciting? It's not like normal train travel at all. You know? When you travel from Crystal Palace to the City Centre and the train starts, it's nothing like this."

"Indeed, it is a most unique and opulent conveyance," said Remiel, surrendering his ticket as well.  "A most whimsical mode of travel.  I had to wait two months for a ticket," he added.  "But now, having met yourself, I must say that it was worth the wait."  He winked roguishly, and leaned forward. 

"They say that the Elliquiy Express is haunted," he whispered, conspiratorially.  "When I was doing research, I came across a most singular story.  Apparently one of the passengers on its maiden voyage was driven mad, and began to murder the other passengers in their sleep."   He smiled toothily, his eyes sparkling with the gleam of a raconteur.  "They only found him when one of the ghosts of the murdered passengers spelled out a cryptic message identifying his murder upon the mirror in the dining carriage.  Isn't that interesting?" 

sinera

Sinera had been one of the first to board the train, her excitement at having won her ticket just the day before still trilling along her nerves. She watched the others boarding, noting their chic clothing, and pulled her slightly shabby London Fog coat a little closer around her. She'd not imagined how fancy these people would be! All she had with her was her Sunday best and couple of her nicer dresses for work.

Perhaps if she'd had more time to prepare she could have borrowed something from one of her friends... No matter.

She explored the train, looking into each of the sleepers curiously, having never seen one before. Her curiosity satisfied as to her surroundings, she made her way to the dining car to meet the other passengers.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Cardwolf

Cardwolf looked up at Sinera and waved to her.  "Come why don't you join us at this table...theres always room for one more!"  He called to her and grinned letting his eyes dance in the excitement of the moment.

ScorpioQueen

Quote from: Remiel on March 26, 2010, 11:16:58 PM
"Indeed, it is a most unique and opulent conveyance," said Remiel, surrendering his ticket as well.  "A most whimsical mode of travel.  I had to wait two months for a ticket," he added.  "But now, having met yourself, I must say that it was worth the wait."  He winked roguishly, and leaned forward. 

"They say that the Elliquiy Express is haunted," he whispered, conspiratorially.  "When I was doing research, I came across a most singular story.  Apparently one of the passengers on its maiden voyage was driven mad, and began to murder the other passengers in their sleep."   He smiled toothily, his eyes sparkling with the gleam of a raconteur.  "They only found him when one of the ghosts of the murdered passengers spelled out a cryptic message identifying his murder upon the mirror in the dining carriage.  Isn't that interesting?"

Sitting in the comfy chair minding the nice view, she over hears Remiel talking. "Excuse me sir, you said haunted?" She gulps with fear. "I wasn't aware."

sinera

Sinera smiles and shyly makes her way to Cardwolf's table. His excitement mirrors her own, though she doesn't outwardly show hers so much.

"Hi," she says softly. "I'm Sinera... isn't this train just scrumptious!"
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Cardwolf

It definately is!"  He says and offers her his hand to shake.  "I'm Cardwolf and I'm sure the other two woman at our table will soon introduce themselves as well."  He grinned and looked out the window as the train chugged along down the tracks, then back to her.  "I love trains, though this is my first time on one."

ScorpioQueen

Quote from: Cardwolf on March 26, 2010, 11:54:25 PM
It definately is!"  He says and offers her his hand to shake.  "I'm Cardwolf and I'm sure the other two woman at our table will soon introduce themselves as well."  He grinned and looked out the window as the train chugged along down the tracks, then back to her.  "I love trains, though this is my first time on one."

"Pardon me, it's a pleasure to meet you both Sinera and Cardwolf I believe? I didn't mean to ease drop but I think it'd be lovely to have people to talk to on this long ride. I'm a little uneasy as this is my first time on a train, and I think I overheard something about it being haunted by a few other passangers? I'm not too fond of ghosts. The idea scares me." She introduces herself to the two sitting at the table, "I'm Scorpioqueen, may I sit with you two?"

Cardwolf

"Of course, though this table is getting quite crowded."  Card said smiling as he moved over giving Scorpio a place to sit as he looked at the four women that now surrounded him.  "Now how did this happen?"  He thought to himself and drank the rest of his beer.  "I hadn't heard anything about a ghost...though I did hear about a few murders.

ScorpioQueen

Scorpio sits down holding her drink  in one hand, careful not to spill. "A bit crowded but I thank the welcome to your table, gets a bit lonely not knowing anyone." Scorpio looks at the handsome man and women whom sit at the table. She smiles timidly. "I over heard the gentleman over there speak something of murders as well, what have you heard Cardwolf?" She points over to where Remiel is as she mentions what she has heard.

Pixilicious

Pixilicious snapped out of her reverie to realize that she was joined by two other women and that Mr. Cardwolf had been talking to her.  "I'm sorry about that," she said, looking at the man.   "It appears that I have zoned out a bit for a moment there..."  She smiled, turning her attention to the two women sitting next to her.  "I'm Pixilicious," she said with a smile.  "It's a pleasure to meet you two," she said, smiling genuinely.

Spell

Spell shakes his head, a belated response to Marguerite's question. ''Probably not, never been in New York actually'' He  then resumes finding a nice little warm spot for himelf and continues to ''Ooh'' and ''Ahh'' at he scenery
Darling,
What is going on...

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile had spent her time quietly observing the other passengers after meeting and greeting the tall gentleman in the dark pin-strip suit and presenting her passport and ticket to the concierge.  Now. as she sipped the last of the champagne in her glass she uncrossed her legs and rose gracefully from her seat.  As she approached the bar she studied the passengers congregated there and seeking a perfect vantage point went to stand at the far end of the bar.

"A dirty martini, please," she ordered with a smile for the bartender.  The mix of salty brine with gin was one of her favorite mixes.

Marguerite

Quote from: Spell on March 27, 2010, 07:45:41 AM
Spell shakes his head, a belated response to Marguerite's question. ''Probably not, never been in New York actually'' He  then resumes finding a nice little warm spot for himelf and continues to ''Ooh'' and ''Ahh'' at he scenery

Marguerite nodded and went back to chatting up Eden and anyone else who she knew of. She nodded her head towards Beguile as she sipped her bourbon, asking the bartender for another one.

Ryven

After stowing his bags, Ryven decided to join the others in a celebratory drink for the first voyage of the Elliquiy Express.

"Good day to you."  He said as he approached Marguerite and Eden.  "Where can a guy get a martini around here??"  ^-^

Marguerite

Quote from: Ryven on March 27, 2010, 11:22:11 AM
After stowing his bags, Ryven decided to join the others in a celebratory drink for the first voyage of the Elliquiy Express.

"Good day to you."  He said as he approached Marguerite and Eden.  "Where can a guy get a martini around here??"  ^-^

"Good day to you Ryven and the drinks," she started and nodded towards the bartender, "are here." She leaned in to kiss Ryven's cheek and welcome another familiar face to the Elliquiy Express. "What are your plans on this trip? Visit family? Open up a store? See the sights?"

Ryven

He smiles and returns the kiss politely before signaling to the bartender.  "Vodka martini, please."

Ryven turns back to Marg.  "I am just going to see the sights, really.  A trip on a whim.  The best kind, I think."

Marguerite

Thanking the bartender for her own refill, she slipped him the money along with a tip. She would cut back on the drinking before lunch and before she was to sleep. No good to go to bed with all alcohol in her system. She kept her liquor but just dining on alcohol was never the best course. That and it might ruin the experience here on the train. "Good to hear Ryven and even better when you can get away to enjoy yourself."

Nadir

Eden lifts hir teacup an a salute to Ry, and sips. "Leisure! Bah! I'm off hunting. I have a blunderbuss somewhere among the tea. Best way to transport it, I've found. Pip pip!"

Kip

As the guests were getting to know each other, Kip walked back into the carriage.  A few steps in, he paused and a group of immaculately dressed staff moved around him carrying platters with elaborately carved wooden boxes.  One by one, they silently placed the boxes on the table in front of each of the passengers, seemingly knowing the identity of each by sight.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, your suite key and some gifts are contained within.  Thank you again for travelling on board the Elliquiy express.  Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time through the buzzer located in each suite - I will be only too happy to help.  All suites are now ready and your luggage has been delivered however please do not feel rushed.  The lounge car is open twenty four hours a day and you may relax here as long as you desire."

With a subtle bow, he moved back and left the carriage, trailed by the staff.

When the passengers open the boxes, they find the keys engraved with a carriage and suite number.

Carriage A -
Suite 1 - Izu
Suite 2 - Kyrsa
Suite 3 - Marguerite
Suite 4 - Sinera
Suite 5 - Trieste

Carriage B -
Suite 1 - Ladysky
Suite 2 - Mithlomwen
Suite 3 - Pixilicious
Suite 4 - Spell
Suite 5 - Valerian

Carriage C -
Suite 1 - Cardwolf
Suite 2 - Eden
Suite 3 - Imogen
Suite 4 - Remiel
Suite 5 - Ryven
Suite 6 - Saffron

Carriage D -
Suite 1 - Aiden
Suite 2 - Beguile's Mistress
Suite 3 - Caeli
Suite 4 - Esoteric Myobi
Suite 5 - ScorpioQueen

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Autumn Sativus

After opening the box to check for her Suite and Carriage allocations, Saffron excuses herself from her seat and takes to her room for a few moments, changing into something more comfortable - a more flowing evening gown than the corset-style dress she had been wearing before. As she returned to the lounge room, she picked up a drink at the bar before going to sit down in a comfortable looking chair. She hadn't seen much of anyone she knew yet, it would be an interesting ride if this quiet kept up.
Us against the world

LadySky

After receiving the ornate box containing her suite key LadySky arose and silently made her way out of the lounge car. Once in private she took long minutes to change her clothing, again wishing she could have worn something more intricate or delicate like the others. One could not be picky however when one was born in the gutter. She eyed herself in the full length mirror, noticing with a grimice that the scarlet drapery and bedding were of more expensive quality than her simply made evening gown.

Though beautiful in design the cheap imitation satin did little more than hang on her body. If not for her voluptuous curves the dress would likely have bored her to tears. A long suffering sigh slipped out, she grabbed a novel from her trunk and once more made her way into the crowd of passengers. She settled into an oversized chair, almost moaning as her body sank into the soft cushions. After ordering yet another stiff drink she buried her nose into the novel, letting her mind drift along with the lives of the characters within.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Beguile's Mistress

The workmanship and artistry of the carved boxes was exquisite and Beguile took a moment to study hers before opening it and removing the key and carriage designation.  After slipping them into her purse she picked up the box and left the lounge, picking up her coat on the way out. 

Sometime later she exited her compatment wearing a gown of ivory silk.  It was a deceptively simple appearing off-the-shoulder creation that draped intricately across the bodice and low across the back, a simple gold chain that ran across her back just above the shoulder blades kept the gown in place.  The skirt, yards of silk gathered at the waist swirled deliciously around her ankles and feet which were shod in dress sandals died to match the gown. 

As luck would have she entered the lounge shortly after LadySky and proceeded to the bar for a second dirty martini. "With two olives, please," Beguile asked the bartender with a smile.  Stepping over to LadySky she indicated the seat beside her and asked if she could join her.  Beguile sat without waiting for a reply and looked with interest at the gown the woman was wearing.

"Forgive me for staring," she said and smiled.  "I was admiring your outfit earlier and I can see the same quality of workmanship in your gown.  Tell me, who is your dress maker?"

Aiden

The suited gentlemen looked at his key and tried to locate some of the matching keys that opened the door to the suite he would be sharing. Leaving the ornate box on a table he pocketed the key and looked around the car for some type of entertainment. He frowned as the sound of the rails had begun to test his nerves and the hushed conversations made the place feel like a library.

He left the car for a moment to look around after hearing that musicians were on board to play, a matter of minutes later he returned with a man carrying a guitar case. The two were exchanging words and spoke of songs, the man was a Virtuoso and Aiden was eager to see if he could back up his claims.
"I am sure you must know a lot....but can you start with one of my favorites, La Malaguena *** por favor."
The musician moved into a small elevated stage to take a seat and set up. Aiden moved to slide of his coat and drape it over a chair to claim for later before he moved to the bar and ordered a mixed drink. A few notes were played by the man to adjust his instrument before he began.

LadySky

Again and again LadySky found her eyes moving from the words printed in her book to the lovely woman who had entered just behind her. The exquisite gown the woman wore took LadySky's breath away, she felt her heart pounding as she studied the intricate stitching and lovely material. Her hands itched to touch the beautiful creation.

When she realized the woman meant to sit beside her LadySky tensed, more used to serving a woman of this sort a meal while dressed in a maid's uniform than sitting with her as an equal while sharing a drink and conversation. A blush of pure pleasure raced up her cheeks and her dark chocolate eyes danced with joy as the woman complimented her own dress. Though made of cheap material LadySky was nonetheless proud of her work and being complimented for it served to give her a thrill she knew she would never tire of in this life.

"Thank you, your dress is truly breathtaking. My name is LadySky and actually............I designed my clothing and make them all myself." her throat became swollen with embarrassment, she had never actually told anyone of her secret dreams and this was the first time she had told anyone of her design abilities. Hope sprang within her heart, perhaps this dream trip on board the Elliquiy Express would open doors for her future?

Beguile's Mistress

"How wonderful to have such talent," Beguile exclaimed.  "If I could manage to thread a needle I think my modiste would faint."  Chuckling softly at that Beguile sipped her martini then held her hand out to LadySky.  "I'm pleased to meet you, LadySky.  You may call me Beguile, if you wish."  As if realizing that her manner was somewhat formal Beguile leaned back in her chair and smiled brightly. 

"We must exchange addresses and telephone numbers.  You are truly talented and I may know someone who could use your skills.  Now, tell me, what brings you aboard the Elliquiy Express?"

Spell

Spell blinks as he is presented with a box in front of him. He opens it and finds a key and some gifts inside. Deciding that he wants to enjoy the sights in silence, he decides to go straight to his suite and watch and the prettiness that passed the window.
Darling,
What is going on...

Nadir

Eden stretches and snogs Mar then takes a final cup of tea to bed.

Marguerite

Quote from: Eden on March 27, 2010, 08:02:44 PM
Eden stretches and snogs Mar then takes a final cup of tea to bed.

Marguerite snogs Eden before going back to her own carriage to change and get herself ready for bed. She would join in having a glass of water but would keep herself from falling down drunk anytime soon. While she was no ordinary lady, she was not a drunken and falling over type of lady. "Dream of tea my dear Eden."

LadySky

She smiled and nodded, taking a sip of her drink as she tried to calm her racing heart. "Thank you so very much, it is heart warming to hear someone like what I do since I hope to make a career out of it in the future." Though nervous she could not help but feel comfortable with Beguile, she exuded a warmth that was comforting. "It is a great pleasure to meet you Beguile." she agreed enthusiastically to the exchange of numbers and hope again made her flush as she wondered what the future might bring thanks to the Elliquiy Express.

"I won a ticket giveaway actually. It was a total surprise, one I never would have believed possible when I entered the contest. Only one giveaway was held and I won it!" she laughed, still in shock at her good fortune. The screams of excitement coming from her family home the night she had won would be talked about for years to come. "What brings you to the Elliquiy Express Beguile?" she asked before waving for another round to be brought them from the bar.

Beguile's Mistress

"Good fortune seems to have brought you on this journey."  Beguile lifted her glass to LadySky.  "I on the other hand..."  At that moment a few notes from a guitar distracted her and she looked over to the musician and the man in the dark suite she had greeted earlier.  The guitarist began his number and immediately she was transported to a candle lit patio adjacent to a house on a warm beach, the sound of waves the backdrop for a recording of this song, La Malaguena.  A balmy twilight breeze stirred the leaves of trees and bushes, the heady perfume of night blooming flowers filled the air and warm hands held her close as the danced to the music.  Beguile was lost for a moment in her reverie as she relived that night.

"Oh.  Excuse me.  That song brings back memories."  She smiled softly at LadySky.  "You asked what brought me to this journey.  I recently lost someone close to me and I needed to get away from everything.  No one I know is aware of this train or that I'm on it."  Beguile sighed.  "Anyway, my story is a boring one.  Tell me about yourself.  Tell me about your life.  You have to much more interesting than anything that's going on with me."

sinera

Sinera shifted uneasily in her seat as some of the ladies left only to return wearing evening wear. Her hands twisted in her lap, hoping no one would call attention to the fact that she was under-dressed.

She returned her attention to the box in front of her, noting the lovely gifts including some rather exclusive perfume called "Eu de Elliquiy." She sniffed at it appreciatively, wondering if the men received a matching cologne.

Marguerite

Quote from: sinera on March 27, 2010, 09:22:11 PM
Sinera shifted uneasily in her seat as some of the ladies left only to return wearing evening wear. Her hands twisted in her lap, hoping no one would call attention to the fact that she was under-dressed.

She returned her attention to the box in front of her, noting the lovely gifts including some rather exclusive perfume called "Eu de Elliquiy." She sniffed at it appreciatively, wondering if the men received a matching cologne.

Marguerite looked over to Sinera, to the other individuals and smiled. "I know, a bit of a show especially since I doubt one is going to wear that to bed,' she answered, looking to her dress. It was a dress she had sent over from Turkey, a bit of a gypsy looking skirt that was another courtesy to Eden for remembering the gypsies went wherever he or she wanted to go. "Nice to meet you lassie, where are you going?"

Kye

After a long evening of wonderful food and even more pleasant company Kyrsa yawned noticably and smiled at her companions, blushing lightly in embarrassment.  "If you will please pardon me," she nods to Pixilicious, Card and the others at her table.  "I believe that is a hint that I should turn in for the evening.  I do hope you will all join me here in the morning for breakfast."  With a last nod she makes her way through the car, the beautifully carved box and key in her hand.

LadySky

Just as LadySky lifted her glass in salute to Beguile music filled the room. Haunting her new friend it seemed as she watched a longing look fill her eyes. LadySky knew that look, she had never experienced love nor loss herself but her mother had, she had seen that look come into her mothers eyes upon the death of her father. She shuddered, empathy filling her as she listened to the music and watched Beguile remember.

"I'm so very sorry for your loss, perhaps this adventure will bring new memories to comfort you!" she smiled warmly and tried to think of something interesting about herself or her life. With a laugh and a shrug she spoke, "My only claim to fame would be my family. I am the youngest of twelve children, all my siblings are loud and have the goal of producing just as many children as my parents did, each and every one of them." she laughed softly, her eyes dancing as she pictured her loud obnoxious family and their wild antics. "I however have decided to have a career, I shall be the crazy aunt who broke the family tradition!" Again she giggled, though she made sure to keep her tone low, not wishing to disturb the lovely music coming from the guitar.

Beguile's Mistress

A gentle smile and a nod of her head was Beguile's acknowledgment of LadySky's proffered sympathy.  A look of incredulity fixed itself on Beguile's face as the other woman told her about her family.

"Oh my goodness," she laughed softly.  "Twelve children and all but one trying to match your parents for the size of their families.  Why, that's...  that's...  that's a lot of people!"  She finished with a throaty laugh, the math of the matter having failed her. 

"I would love to see them all together for a holiday.  I'm an only child and I can't imagine it.  It must be fun!"  She reached out and put her hand on LadySky's for a second then leaned back in her chair, her hand on her stomach, still laughing.

"That's just the thought I need to clear away the blues!"

Kip

Time seemed to fly by on the first night of travel as the Elliquiy Express moved smoothly along the tracks.  Before long, all that could be seen through the windows were the lights from houses and, as the train moved into more rural locales, even the fireflies of light were few are far between.  Mouth-watering gourmet meals were served in the dining car and to personal sweets and most would agree that the layered chocolate dessert was beyond anything they had tasted before.  The lull of the music and the pleasant chatter between new companions slowly wore down even the most social of the passengers and finally, all were asleep in their suites.  The soft cushioned beds and warm quilts, together with the rocking of the train, quickly saw most guests sink into a dream state.

There were however, footsteps to be heard around the train in multiple carriages.  Doorknobs were tried and faint curses were heard as some rooms were inaccessible.  One room however was quickly broken into and there sounds of the struggle were strangely muffled.

When Ladysky didn't appear for the gourmet three course breakfast the next morning, Kip went to the room and knocked quietly on the door.  "My dear Ladysky?" he called gently and received no response.  Calling another staff member to his side for propriety's sake, he unlocked the door and tactfully entered the room only to gasp in shock as he found the budding designer had suffered a most ignoble passing.  Blue in the face, she had been suffocated by the rags of the dress she had so proudly worn the night before.

Trembling, Kip went back into the restaurant car.

"I... I am sorry to be the bearer of... bad news.  Ladysky has.... passed away... overnight and I believe that a helping hand was no help at all.  She was indeed just a lucky person who won the prize to join us and... well... she was just excited to be a Passenger.  The guilty party must be removed when we stop at the next station, Bondage Central, later today.  Who shall it be?" he said in appeal to the passengers arrayed in front of him.

In your first post, please select a player from the following list to disembark from the train -

Player List :
Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Esoteric Myobi
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Ladysky - Passenger, Killed Night 1.
Marguerite
Mitholmwen
Pixilicious
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Sinera
Spell
Trieste
Valerian

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Nadir

Eden puts down her cup of tea and is respectfully silent for a minute, then looks suspiciously around. "I have a notion that we will be rid of the guilty party should we forcefully eject the personage... of Kyrsa!"

Cardwolf

Cardwolf got up and yawned at first, then his eyes grew wide as he looked around at everyone.  "Whats going on?"  He suddenly heard Kip's speech and he covered his mouth.  "Oh God...you mean all those rumors were real!" 

Autumn Sativus

After a few moments of letting the thought of a death on the train sink in, Saffron thinks back to her friend who had experienced this before. "Not another murder train...." she whispered to herself, praying that it had been an accident. "To be safe, the staff is right... someone should be removed." She thought it over for a moment, looking at the list of those who were close to LadySky the night before. "I believe that Spell may have had something to do with this, though I am entirely unsure, as I spent the evening in the Lounge."
Us against the world

Ryven

"Eden, before you go getting too hasty, I would like to point out that Kyrsa wasn't even in the carriage LadySky was in last night.  Surely, someone would have heard the rumbling and loud noises of the train if the murderer changed cars.  No, I think whoever did this was nearby to her.  That is why I vote for Valerian."  He said while sipping his morning tea.

Cardwolf

Card moved shakely next to Ryven and sat down.  He shook as he ordered some liquor to calm his nevers and looked at him.  "I will second that notion to remove Valerian from the train."

Nadir

Eden blinks and hastily drinks some tea to hide a brush before saying, "Very true, old bean. Yes, you're deductive skills are Holmesian indeed. My own are a little... rusty. I'm more of a hunter's spaniel than a bloodhound. Yes, I retract my vote and throw one down for... mmmmn, Spell. Apologies, Kyrsa. I was overeager. A failing of mine. Have some tea."

Kye

One shock was quickly followed by another, leaving Kyrsa speechless as she half stumbled across the car and sat down, staring at Kip as if she didn't quite believe what he had said.  "How?  I mean... did no one hear anything at all?" she asked, still obviously a bit out of it. 

Taking the tea, the cup shaking slightly in her hands as she nodded her forgiveness towards Eden.  "We have all had a shock Eden, apology accepted of course.  I don't have any idea who it could have been... perhaps Mitholmwen? Though I hesitate to blame someone without any proof."

Kip

Current Voting :
Spell - 4 votes : Saffron, Eden, Valerian, ScorpioQueen
Valerian - 4 votes : Ryven, Cardwolf, sinera, Spell
Mitholmwen - 2 votes : Kyrsa, Remiel
Pixilicious - 1 vote : Izu
Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Esoteric Myobi
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Sinera
Trieste

Yet to Vote : Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, Caeli, Esoteric Myobi, Imogen, Marguerite, Mithlomwen, Pixilicious, Trieste

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Valerian

Val turned deathly pale, realizing only now how close she'd been to a murder.  "I heard some commotion in the night, but I had no idea anyone's life was in danger.  And I was so glad to have the chance to take this trip!  I wish now that I'd never stepped aboard."

She looked around at her fellow passengers, paying special attention to those she'd found herself sharing a car with last night.    "Perhaps Spell is to blame?  Though it's terrible to think that anyone here could have done such a thing."  She shivered faintly, wrapping her arms around herself as though chilled.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Cardwolf

Card looked up from his drink and walked over to Kyrsa, he put his hand on her back and looked down at her.  "Hey...are you gonna be ok?" Card asked softly and stroked her back careful despite the fact he only met her the other day.

Remiel

Remiel, too, turned sombre and serious when it was revealed that poor Ladysky would never achieve her dream.  Her stroke of luck, it seemed, had been in fact been a curse.  How cruel, that such promise should end in tragedy.

After checking to make sure that the lady Imogen was safe and sound, he took his breakfast in silence.  Could history have repeated itself? Was there even now a murderer on board, driven mad by the ghosts that haunted the train?

One thing was for sure: as Ladysky had slept in carriage B, the murderer had to be one of four: Mithlomwen, Pixilicious, Valerian, or Spell.  As there was no way of knowing who was the culprit, Remiel had to hope that whomever the passengers chose to debark would be the correct one.

"Mithlomwen, can you account for your actions last night?" he accosted her.

ScorpioQueen

As ScorpioQueen took a sip of her coffee, she stared at Kip with a horrified look on her face. "I can't believe there was a murder! Poor poor Ladysky, she was such a sweet person with many passionate dreams." She thought about who had been close to her the last evening and whom shared the same carriage as her Mithlomwen, pixilicious, Valerian or Spell. "I wouldn't think any of these nice people could be capable of such a thing, that is just too terrible of a thing to even commit, what could have been the cause to the poor girl?! If we must have someone leave, I believe Spell should disembark at the next stop."

In shock ScorpioQueen continues to sip her coffee trying not to spill from the shaking of fear. She looks around the room at the other scarred passangers wondering if we have picked the right person and if there will be another act of murder.

sinera

Sinera paused in the door as the news was announced, her hand at her mouth, her face pale. Why was LadySky targeted? Could it be that the killer had something against the woman because she was a prize-winner, not a paying guest? If so, her own life may be in danger!

She sank into the nearest chair, groping for the arm and sinking into it.

"I.. I don't know who could have done this," she said hoarsely. "I don't know any of you well enough to know who it could be... but Cardwolf was the first to befriend me here..." She looks at him with pleading eyes, begging him to be correct. "I shall vote as he has, to leave Valerian at the next stop... and God willing, the killings may stop...."

She closes her eyes, thankful the accused were only being left behind, not killed...

Izu

The moment he had gotten his carriage's key he had left the other guests, having a raging headache. He fell asleep right away as he was with his clothes on, sleeping through most of the noises of the night. He woke up when he heard people hurrying up and down the small hallways of the carriage, talking about someone having been killed. He quickly jumped out of the bed and poked his head out, seeing some of the train staff, hurrying towards the restaurant. He followed them quietly, walking in the restaurant just on time to hear Kip breaking the news of LadySky being dead. Who was that? He shrugged lightly as he moved to the table, taking a toasted bread and nibbling on it, listening to people calling names of people they wanted off the train. "Er... I guess I should vote too, huh?" He chuckled quietly as he chewed on the toast, shrugging lightly. "Well... er... Pixilicious..." He said, voting for the one person whose name he remembered after Scorpio's words.

Spell

Spell looks around, just realizing what had happened., confused by all the accusations, he did not even make a motion towards LadySky at all, and is just as shocked as all the others. Having a rather peaceful night before, he finds that the mornings and evenings to come would be grimmer, much to his dismay. He thinks Valerian had something to do with it, as she had been at least interacting with LadySky more then he did.
Darling,
What is going on...

Esoteric Myobi

Myobi had been one of the last if not the last to board the train. Walking briskly to the platform, her rather clumsy driver hurrying behind with bags in tow, the svelte woman managed to step through the doors a few minutes before they closed. The driver, a gangly lad, scrambled out awkwardly after handing her bags over to the Elliquiy Express staff.

The train itself seemed rather ordinary on the outside, a deceptive cover as the interior was a sight to behold. Lavish furnishings fit for only the best were all that met the eye, all high scale as it was to be expected from a five star review. It seemed that the rest of the passengers had already arrived as soon after the doors slid closed behind her and a telltale rumble as everything shifted ever so slightly. The lounge car seemed to be bustling with activity while the staff set up each passenger's rooms. Tired and not feeling at her most sociable she had decided to retire for the evening upon receiving the lovely little box containing her room key.

The news of the morning was shocking to say the least and she merely blinked as suspicions were quickly raised as everyone began to wonder who amongst them was the murderer. Having not had the chance to mingle the day before, she sat quietly in the back and observed for the moment, biding her time before voicing her opinion as well.

It seemed that most were leaning towards Valerian or Spell, though the woman was busily expressing her own fear at the situation (whether it be real or not) while the man just sat silently and calmly. That act of nonchalance caused her to suspect him first, but then as an afterthought she decided on Valerian. If she herself had been the murderer she would have probably tried to blend in with the rest by expressing her fear, sorrow, and concern as well....very much like she was doing right now.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Pixilicious

Pixilicious came out of her suite, looking at all the commotion.  She gasped once she realized what had happened.  Turning to the one who had accused her, she spoke, her voice soft, but holding conviction.  "How dare you accuse me of this?  I have been sitting out here all night conversing with Mr. Cardwolf and Kyrsa...Perhaps you should point fingers at the real person here...Which I have a strange suspicion is Mithlowmen!

Beguile's Mistress

At Kip's announcement the cup of coffee Beguile had been lifting from it's saucer fell from her hand and a large brown stain began to spread across the pristine table cloth.  With a hand to her breast Beguile stared in shock around the car as two waiters hurried to clear the mess in front of her, replacing the stained cover and resetting the table.  She was looking for someone, anyone, to tell her this was a joke.

How could it be that the woman she had been speaking to only the night before had been killed?  They had spent a quiet evening over drinks and dinner, Beguile plying LadySky with questions about her amazing family, the two of them laughing over the antics of the little nieces and nephews.  Beguile had left LadySky at the door to her compartment with a pleasant good night and a touching of hands before heading down the length of the train to the last car and her own compartment.  This is such a tragedy she thought and wondered at how the news was going to affect LadySky's family and her poor mother.

Soon, the blaming began.  Someone, one of the passengers on this elegant train, was suspected of murdering the unfortunate young woman.  Taking a closer look at the passengers congregated for breakfast, Beguile recalled the young man who had left immediately after receiving his carved box the night before.

"Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I believe it must have been Spell who committed this terrible crime."  Beguile's voice shook and she leaned back in her chair, closing her eyes and hoping this would all just go away.

Spell

Spell sat alone at a table, what was he to do with accusations being thrown his way? Indeed, he was sleeping in the same wagon as the unfortunate victim, and seeing his earlier behavior of leaving the party so soon the past night, he could understand why people were blaming him for the murder. If he had to leave the train, then he wouldn't really have any choice, perhaps the comfort of leaving would make him feel a little safer, but another part of him wanted to stay on the train as well, something he had wished to do for a very long times, as he had heavily enjoed the view from his suite the past night. Spell merely sighed, looking outside the window again, waiting how this would turn out.
Darling,
What is going on...

Imogen

Imogen had slept like a baby that night. The dull rattle and gentle rocking of the Express had lulled her into sleep and she was greeted upon awakening with hte same peaceful sound, already a familiar companion. She was thinking of breakfast, tea and Remiel, not quite in that order when word came of LadySky's death and her thoughts flew back to the ghost story that had seemed so charming last night. She remembered laughing and reminding Remiel that Britain had its fair share of haunted houses.

It wasn't all that funny now.

Poor LadySky, she had been much too young to die. She had seemed so lively last night, so happy. It was almost impossible to imagine that happiness wiped away overnight. She remarked something in the same vein to Remiel when he came calling, and she was glad to reassure him as to her wellbeing.

"I still can't believe it." Imogen said when she took a seat across Remiel. Absently she buttered a slice of toast and looked over to where the other passengers were seated. "Kip said she's been murdered, that poor woman... Who do you think capable of something that foul?" She leaned a little closer and nodded towards Spell. "That one looks suspicious. I heard he was there, last night."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

As tragic as the news of Ladysky had been, Remiel found himself vastly relieved to discover that Imogen, at least, was hale and healthy.  She was a singularly charming and fascinating woman, and he found himself instinctively driven to protect her.  Unfortunately, if there really was a sociopath among the passengers, there would probably be very little he could do.   

Folding a napkin over his lap, holding his knife and fork in hand, he mused over Imogen's logic.  "He does seem like he is hiding something, doesn't he?" he agreed.  "You have a point.  Very well, I shall change my vote to Spell."

Cutting into his boiled egg, he sighed, and stole a glance at the young lady across from him.  He fervently hoped that all this ghastly business would be sorted out soon--privately, he determined that he would accompany her to the Schloss Schonbrunn, if at all possible.

Mithlomwen

(( Sorry everyone, the game got started at the same time the RL got busy so I'm just now getting caught up))

Mithlomwen had kept to herself mostly during the first night, silently watching the goings on and the mingling taking place.  So it came as quite a shock to her when the morning came and Lady Sky...who just so happened to be sharing the cabin with her, was found dead!  That could have been her! 

She shuddered at the thought, and grimaced slightly when Remiel accosted her, bracing her hands on the man's chest as he shook her.  "It wasn't me!  I swear it!"  She grunted softly, growing weak with relief when he finally let her go and changed his vote.  She tugged at the sleeves of her shirt, trying to put them to rights  after the rough handling of her fellow passenger. 

Not knowing who the culprit might be, she nodded in agreement with Imogen and Remiel.  "I agree, Spell does seem as if he might be hiding something.   Therefore I shall place my vote with you in that regards." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Cardwolf

Cardwolf stood up and attempted to gain everyones attention by striking a glass with a spoon making a loud ding.  "Call me a hypocrit for this, but we are all going about this the wrong way!  We are pointing fingers without any real questioning, surely Spell has a side to the story he wishes to tell as does Valerian and Mitholwmen!  Lets take a moment and be rational here, there were 5 people in that room last night and we have four possible murderers.  Out of all of them who here would have any reason to kill Ladysky?

He walked over to his drink and took it into his hands and drank slowly.  "We have to think this all clearly or else we could end up all dead....So lets think about it for a while?  Who here knew anything about Ladysky...I didn't talk to her so I have no idea who she was or any of her background, but surely someone must have."  He set the glass back down with a clink as his hands shook and he sat back down gripping the sides of his seat so it wouldn't be noticable.  "If I may suggest lets have a little interrogation of the members before the stop and maybe change our votes around hmm?"

Remiel

"It could also have been Pixilicious," Remiel pointed out, in response to Cardwolf's appeal.

Cardwolf

"Forgive me...I'm a bit fluster and forgot for a moment...I'm sure we all are.  What we all thought was going to be a relaxing vacation has suddenly turned into a nightmare huh?"

Marguerite

Marguerite rubbed her eyes to make sure she heard and saw what was going on. Last night and the morning was wonderful and now to find out there was a murder on the train was a shock. Even more to see what was the consensus on who should leave in order to save the rest of the clan. "Alright, I am confused beyond anything. Who are the people that have the votes?"

[Since people are bolding more than one person, it confuses myself and I think others in who is being picked]

Pixilicious

Quote from: Remiel on March 28, 2010, 02:35:49 PM
"It could also have been Pixilicious," Remiel pointed out, in response to Cardwolf's appeal.

*points up to her response to Izu*  I have an alibi...Two actually...I was talking to Kyrsa and Cardwolf.. *smiles sweetly*  I wasn't me, dear.

Remiel

"Mrmmm, so you say..."  He returned Pixi's sweet smile with one of his own.  "But were they watching you all night?  You could have had ample opportunity to murder Ladysky, then return to your suite before anyone was the wiser."

He scratched his head, pondering.  "But I've had a change of heart...Valerian, what do you have to say for yourself?"

Aiden

A new day, a new suit but terrible news had Aiden staring down on a piece of paper he was scratching notes on as everyone spoke. It was obvious that the killed had to be in the carriage the recently departed Lady Sky was in. Four possible murders, only one person to choose and pray it was the right person. They all seemed guilty but when he could not pick one, he let fate decide for him.
"Mitholwmen"
He did not reveal how he came to his conclusion, the pack of cards he had tucked in his inner coat-pocket put away as he moved to grab a drink and do his best to turn the gloomy mood in the car up even if it meant he had to drink it away.

Kip

Current Voting :
Spell - 8 votes : Saffron, Eden, Valerian, ScorpioQueen, Beguile's Mistress, Imogen, Mithlomwen, Trieste
Valerian - 7 votes : Ryven, Cardwolf, sinera, Spell, Esoteric Myobi, Remiel, Marguerite
Mitholmwen - 3 votes : Kyrsa, Pixilicious, Aiden
Pixilicious - 1 vote : Izu
Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Esoteric Myobi
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Sinera
Trieste

Yet to Vote :  Caeli

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Marguerite

Looking at the votes and pondering on what to do, she looked at how the voting went. She did not know who to choose. Instead, she took a sip of her flask and picked, "I am going to vote for Valerian to even things out."

Trieste

Trieste arrived to breakfast looking perhaps just a little rumpled, though her lipstick remained immaculate. In a small red dress an a large hat, she found herself a seat and cast a vote toward ... sigh. Certainly Spell couldn't have done anything, and neither could the charming Valerian. It would be terrible to have to choose one, for not choosing one was clearly no choice at all.

"Spell, darling, I'll send you a postcard."

Kip

Gradually the train slowed down and before long the passengers were staring out the window at the small train station of Bondage, an English sea side town.  Ropes and hammocks from yachts adorned the small brick building that was the station itself and the keen-eyed saw some.. unusual.. office equipment in the station masters office before the door slammed shut.

With an apologetic look, Kip make a small gesture with his hand.  Within seconds, staff had appeared with Spell's luggage and the poor man was escorted off the train protesting his innocence. 

"I am dreadfully sorry sir but the Elliquiy Express will refund all booking costs of course.  Please get in contact with our head office.  I am very apologetic sir but I do hope you travel with us again." Kip said in a very smooth manner which allowed no response.  Barely a second had passed before the door closed and the train moved off.

As the Elliquiy Express pulled away from the platform, a worried looking staff member ran into the carriage and handed a jacket to Kip.  Bending to listen to the flustered man's words, Kip nodded once before discreetly checking the pockets of the jacket.  Pulling out a wallet, he quickly examined the contents and his face paled slightly as he replaced the item in the pocket.

"I can't say what I found.. matters of confidentiality of course... but I'm very sure that the poor man was an innocent Passenger and we've cut his journey short."  Left unsaid was the realisation that had made him go pale - the person who had committed the murder was still amongst them.  "Come now, ladies and gentlemen.  Let us put this behind us and enjoy the trip.   In about 18 hours we move onto the continent and will be stopping at Lingerie in France.  I'm sure there will be many opportunities for sight seeing there."

The Night Cycle is beginning.  Please send me a PM with your Carriage choices for Night 2.

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Valerian

Val was no less pale, realizing how close she'd come to being removed from the train herself -- in fact, the only thing worse than not being removed, was living with the knowledge that the murderer was still aboard, and they were all still in grave danger.  Suddenly, the phrase "trip of a lifetime" took on an entirely new and sinister meaning.

"You asked what I had to say for myself," she said quietly, glancing at Remiel.  "Well, all I can say is that I never hurt poor LadySky, and I can only hope that we manage to find the real murderer tomorrow."  She sat silently then, huddled miserably in a corner of the lounge.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

Eden mutters grimly and pull a battered notebook from hir pocket, lowers the goggles to cover hir eyes and starts to write. Shi narrows hir eyes At Val, mutters darkly some more and scribbles something else and underlines it firmly.

Imogen

Imogen's hand shook when she raised the cup of tea to her lips. Hazarding a sip, she looked out of the window to the platform as it rolled past. "I still think he had shifty eyes." She piped up, with a soft, trembling voice and managed a smile towards Valerian and Remiel. "Perhaps he did not kill anyone, and that means he's better off, doesn't it? It must have been horrible to wake up in that carriage, knowing you've been that close to a murderer all night!"

She grimaced and hastily ordered a fresh cup of tea for Valerian. "I'm sorry, that was inconsiderate." But still.... she was glad it had not been her in that carriage.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Val returned Imogen's smile, wanly, though she flinched at the reminder of the danger still lurking.  "Yes, Spell is safe from the murderer now, at least.  Better to be a stranded traveller than a corpse," she added, glumly.

She sipped the tea slowly, trying to relax.  Being a nervous, shivering wreck wouldn't keep any of them any safer.  She smiled bravely at Imogen, then glanced nervously around for a glimpse of Mithlomwen or Pixi.  Terrible as the idea was, knowing her own innocence meant that she was forced to suspect one of them.  "I won the money for this trip in the lottery, you know," she confided suddenly, with the same shaky smile.  "Not much, just enough to cover the ticket and some new things.  Now I wish I'd just invested the money instead."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

sinera

Sinera shook her head but held her peace. "Au revior, Spell," she murmured. She waved over a waiter. If she was to be the next to die, at least she'd enjoy what of her trip she could, beginning with a scrumptious meal.

Cardwolf

Card still shaking turned to them all and looked carefully at each...especially the three that remained from the night before.  "How could they all be so calm?  One of them had just died!"  He sat back down his head now in his hand and he ordered something to eat and some aspirin for his aching head.  "We got the wrong man...the person who commited that crime is still here...and now we all have something to fear.  Spell, I envy you for you have found your way to safety.  While I'm still here stuck in my own little hell."

sinera

Sinera raises an eyebrow at Cardwolf. "If this be Hell, or the train to it, then let us enjoy ourselves while we can! Join me for a champagne breakfast?"

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile beckoned a waiter and thought a moment then ordered a Black Russian.

"I wonder if the murder was waiting for her in her compartment when I left her last night?" she asked of no one in particular.  "I can't believe I spent the evening listening to her talk about her family and today LadySky is dead!"

Beguile's hand shook as she took the drink from the waiter, then stopped him with a hand on his arm as he turned from her.  She asked him to bring a second in a few minutes.  She wasn't a heavy drinker but this shock would require more than one drink to soothe her nerves.

Cardwolf

Quote from: sinera on March 29, 2010, 04:49:00 PM
Sinera raises an eyebrow at Cardwolf. "If this be Hell, or the train to it, then let us enjoy ourselves while we can! Join me for a champagne breakfast?"

"I suppose that would be alright for now."  He stood up and walked with her to get something to make him forget his fears.

Aiden

Aiden had taken his chance to honor the dead and he had refused to let it ruin the trip, with a smile he asked the musicians to play a few songs that would lighten the mood.
"Come now everyone, if we are to die tonight...do you want your last moments to be lamenting over something we can not control. Now who will join me in a dance before I resort to a common chair."
He smiles and stood in the center of a small area that could have been used as a dance floor.

ScorpioQueen

Still in shock from the news recieved about Ladysky, ScorpioQueen was very frightened to find out that poor Spell was not the murderer. She began to think about how the night will turn out, she had a life ahead of her that could possibly be cut short. She walked over to the bar to get a of whiskey. She then walked over to Aiden and smiled, "I shall join you in a dance, it seems we only live once, and this time it may be too short. Let's make something of it."

Aiden

Aiden turned to face the young woman who took him up on his offer and waited until he drink rested on a nearby table. The ball room music was molding into a faster rhythm, the guitarist adding a kick of tango to the song as if he was connected with the young suited man. A hand reached out to take hers, pulling her dramatically into his as he led her into a close and seductive dance on the floor in front of anyone who was in the same car as them.

ScorpioQueen

As Aiden made his way onto the dance floor ScorpioQueen gracefully took his hand, soon their bodies moved as one as they danced to the angelic music from the small band. She smiled and gently layed her head on his shoulder and at this moment she had quickly forgot about the nightmare that had taken place on this train. She hoped that they could dance all night if it'd help save their lives.

Beguile's Mistress

The music begain, softly at first then gradually getting louder until it filled the lounge.  The rhythm soothed Beguile and the the vodka she sipped, flavored by the liquer resting at the bottom of the glass burned slightly with each swallow.  The rhythm of the train blended with the music.

Beguile watched the man and woman dance, their intricate movements mesmerizing her, awakening memories and feelings she thought were lost to her.  The dancing, the music, the clacking of the train wheels begain to have their effect and Beguile settled back in her chair to enjoy the entertainment.

Aiden

With a new pair of eyes on the two of them, the man spun and let their bodies come apart so he could invite the sitting lady to dance with them. A hand was offered to beguile, the dance stalling for a moment until she would stand and join.

Beguile's Mistress

Smiling softly and rising to her feet Beguile joined the dancers, placing her fingers in the gentleman's hand.  Being close to others gave her courage and eased the ache of losing a new friend so suddenly.

"Thank you," she said to Aiden and ScorpioQueen.

Aiden

He gave her a polite bow, unable to speak as dancing with both woman was a feat in its self. It did not matter how often he had to switch, it was fun to be distracted from their current predicament on the train. Before he retreated for the night to his car he gave each woman a kiss on their hand.
"Good night ladies, thank you for the dance."

ScorpioQueen

She kindly thanked the handsome man for dancing with her and for helping keep her distracted. Being afraid of going to sleep, she turned to the other woman and asked "Care for another drink? I'm a little too afraid to retreat to my suite at the moment, I could use another drink before resting for the night."

Beguile's Mistress

The dance ended all to soon as did the music.  Beguile thanked Aiden in turn for the dance and turned to her table as he headed off in the direction of the sleeping compartments.  Looking up as the other woman spoke Beguiled nodded in agreement.

"I'll gladly keep you company," she said with a smile.  "I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight."  Calling he waiter over she ordered a Black Russian then turned and waited for her companion to order.

ScorpioQueen

She smiled in delight as te woman agreed to join her. "Sir, I'll take another double shot of whiskey please." She ordered hoping this will help make her sleep easier tonight. "Thank you so much for joining me, it's so interesting how this has happened, I never thought I would be around something like this. I just hope I'll be able to make it to my grandmother's, I'm ScorpioQueen by the way, it's a pleasure to meet you, sorry it's under not so great circumstances." She takes shots and makes a painful face at the taste of the hard alcohol.

sinera

Sinera did her best to distract Cardwolf from his worries, and herself from her own fear. What had started as a great adventure... well it was still an adventure, one that would make for a good story to tell her grandchildren, should she live to tell the tale.

She smiled brightly at Cardwolf, "The food here is so delicious; if this is to be my last meal, at least it's a good one," she laughed wryly, then sobered. She could hear music and laughter coming from the other end of the amusement car. Apparently other passengers were using these hours in the best way possible themselves... though the music seems to her a bit rushed, the laughter too bright.

Fear was a fellow passenger tonight.

Cardwolf

Cardwolf looked across to Sinera and nodded.  "It is indeed, its a wonder more people didn't come."  He said with a faint smile and ate his eggs mechnically, they really had no taste now that fear had seeped in.  He was controlling himself, keeping himself calm for now.

Kip

As night fell, Kip once more appeared in the doorway to the lounge carriage flanked by his immaculately dressed staff.  With a wordless smile and a bow, he acknowledged the passengers who looked at him in expectation.  A small step sideways allowed his staff to flow into the carriage and place a sparkling gold envelope in front of each passenger.  A quick glance showed that each had the passenger's name written on the envelope in exquisite calligraphy. 

When opened, a small key could be seen together with a piece of jewellery, obviously expensive and matched to both the passenger's choice of clothing colour and style as well as their personality.  Rings, pendants, necklaces, earrings and bracelets were discovered much to the joy of the passengers.

When the passengers looked back up, Kip and his staff had silently departed.

Carriage A -
Suite 1 - Cardwolf
Suite 2 - Eden
Suite 3 - Kyrsa
Suite 4 - Marguerite
Suite 5 - Izu

Carriage B -
Suite 1 - Aiden
Suite 2 - Ryven
Suite 3 - Sinera
Suite 4 - Valerian
Suite 5 - Caeli

Carriage C -
Suite 1 - Saffron
Suite 2 - Trieste
Suite 3 – ScorpioQueen
Suite 4 - Mithlomwen
Suite 5 -

Carriage D -
Suite 1 – Beguile’s Mistress
Suite 2 – Esoteric Myobi
Suite 3 - Imogen
Suite 4 - Pixilicious
Suite 5 - Remiel

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

ScorpioQueen

After receiving her golden envelope from the handsome Kip she opened it slowly. If in fact the murderer were to commit a crime again this evening, this could be the last place she was to rest herself. She opened the envelope and was shocked to see such a lovely ruby crafted beautifully into a shiny ring. She smiled as it had lightened her mood just a bit and began to put it on instantly. She looked around to see what the others had got realizing that each piece fitted with that person. ScorpioQueen thought how marvelous this train was and how well they satisfied their guests, if only they could save lives. A little sadden, she said goodnight to the few people she had spoken with and wished them a safe night and retreated to her room in hopes to see another beautiful day.

Trieste

Sliding long fingers under the flap of the envelope, Trieste heard a small jingle. Folding one ankle across the other, she slowly opened the parcel and peeked inside. With a murmur of delight, she found herself withdrawing an amethyst-studded silver lorgnette adorned by a long purple silk ribbon ending in an exquisite silver clasp. She had to resist the urge to affix the clasp immediately to her breast, instead searching out her carriage assignment. C. Pursing her lips, she glanced around to others in the main carriage, but could not see the letters on others' keys. With a faint little shrug, she quit her seat and made her way toward the appropriate carriage.

Cardwolf

Card sighed a looked into the envelope that had been afforded to him; after some debating he opened it slowly and looked inside to find a surprisingly elegant piece of work.  Upturning it from its simple package was a single ring looking almost like a normal high schooler's, though the stone was an elegant emerald hue with a obsidian laid in the center.  He touched it and examined it easily wondering how such a wonder could be made, then noted he was in carriage A and moved in to lay down for the night.

Imogen

Imogen let out a happy little squeel when a single teardrop pearl slithered into her palm, amidst a the delicate glow of a fragile golden chain. "Oh look." She breathed, raising her eyes to Remiel. Her lashes fluttered as she battled the overflow of emotions. The surprise and happiness was too much in contrast with the tension and fear that had loomed over the carriage before. "Isn't it beautiful? Oh, Remiel, please help me?"

Gently, she offfered Remiel the necklace and turned her back to him, raising her hair with one hand in simple trust. On the table lay her envelope and the key to cabin D3, forgotten.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Remiel opened his envelope, and was quite surprised to discover a subdued, yet still stylish, gold ring inset with a platinum band.  He turned the ring over in wonder--surely it had cost almost as much as the train ticket?  No doubt it was some cheaper alloy, minted to resemble pure gold.  He slipped the ring onto the fourth finger of his right hand.

At Imogen's request, he smiled, and consented, taking the necklace from her and then raising it to her neck when she turned her head and lifted her hair out of the way.  His eyes widened at the sight of her slender, white neck, her skin smooth and creamy.  Fighting a temptation to lean forward and press a kiss upon the back of her neck, he instead fastened the chain together and then sat back to appraise the results.

"It becomes you well," he said, grinning shyly.  "The pearl perfectly complements your eyes." 

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile's fingers were steady and sure as she accepted the envelope and opened it.  Sliding the tip of a fingernail under the flap she pulled out the sheet of paper with her car and compartment assignment leaving only the heavier item that slid from one end to the other as she tilted the envelope let the contents fall into the palm of her hand.

She stared in wonderment at the gold chain and the pendant hanging from it.  The bluest, clearest, most perfect oval-cut sapphire surrounded by tiny diamonds dangled from her hand leaving her breathless.  Catching the necklace up in the palm of her hand Beguile gathered her belongings and rose gracefully to her feet.  She glanced at the compartment assignment and left the lounge.

The clacking of the wheels and rumbling of the train accompanied her and her thoughts as she recalled that same walk the night before and the news that had greeted the passengers that morning.  What would tonight bring she wondered?  What would the next morning's news be?  Closing and carefully locking the compartment door behind her Beguile laid her beautiful necklace on a table and got ready for sleep.

Autumn Sativus

Saffron would pick up the envelope gently, after she'd seen what several others had pulled from their own, she was a little excited about what might be contained within. A slight gasp lifted from her lips as she found the obsidian pendant hanging from a white gold chain, just a little longer than a choker. It was perfect. With a smile she placed it around her neck and looked at the key that accompanied the jewel. C1, the key mentioned. She nodded slightly and decided that after staying up in the dining car the previous night, she would do well to try and get some sleep.

She retired to her room, hoping that there would not be any news in the morning, and that perhaps it had not been murder but an accident that had taken the life of LadySky.
Us against the world

Esoteric Myobi

Myobi was slightly apprehensive upon receiving her envelope but this quickly dissipated as the others opened theirs with little gasps of pleasant surprise. Slipping open her own, she carefully slit the side, stopped for a moment to examine the beautiful calligraphy. Pouring out the contents into her cupped palm, she picked out the little key and noted the D-2 before pocketing it. Her attention was solely on the shining pool of silver. Finding the latch she held it up to see that it was a dangling choker. Threaded silver wound about the neck, diamonds dripping down in lovely streams in an inverted triangle.

Returning the marvelous piece of workmanship to its envelope, she placed it into her purse and looked around briefly, wondering which of the other patrons would be frequenting the same carriage as herself tonight. As a few others were already making their way to their rooms, she decided to follow suit and made her way out of the lounge and in search of her suite.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Pixilicious

Pixilicious came in, taking the envelope with the key to her new sleeping quarters.  She looked around at everyone, knowing that night was fast approaching.  A shiver ran through her body as she thought about the death the night before.  She knew that she could be the one that was murdered next, and that thought sent a tight knot into her stomach.  She knew that most people would never make it off this train alive if the rumors were through, but she didn't think she would be so close to being the next victim as she was right now.

Kip

Halfway through the night, an almighty scream echoed through the train - a scream that seemed to go on and on.  There was fear, terror and no small amount of shock contained within.  As the passengers nervously streamed out of their rooms, they saw Kip and his staff running down the corridors towards Carriage D.   Brave souls followed along and before the concierge could arrange for the body to be covered, the face of Pixilicious could be seen as could the knife jutting out of her chest. 

"Please, Ladies and Gentlemen!  This is not a scene that you want to see.  Please return to your suites or to the lounge and I will address you all shortly."

The staff carried out a quick examination of the poor deceased's suite and there was a further shock in store for the passengers.  A hesitant and distinctly nervous voice echoed over the train's public address system.

"This is Kip speaking.  I bring good... and bad.. news.  We have discovered a collection of weapons in Pixilicious' suite - knives, ropes and even a gun.  They all have the same embossed initials on them - as did the weapon she was killed with.  It is apparent that she was one of the murderers on board the train.... but her weapon was turned against her.  I don't know what this means but I fear it cannot bode well.  We'll be arriving at our next station shortly - who should we remove from our midst?"

-----------------------------------------

Voting can now begin for the day three disembarkation.

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Esoteric Myobi
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Mitholmwen
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Sinera
Trieste
Valerian

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Ryven

"Hmm...if Pixi was a murderer, could she be the one that also murdered LadySky?  Could there be more than one?  And who would be brave enough to fight such a crazed person in the dark of night?  It appears we're at square one again.  Umm...Sinera?"

Kye

Kyrsa sank slowly down onto the nearest seat, obviously shocked by the events of the night.  "I... I knew Pixilicious, I never even suspected.  If someone I considered a friend could be a murderer, anyone could be.  Someone else in her cabin had to kill her, even if they did us a favor by taking out someone so dangerous, it was still murder.  What do you have to say for yourself Esoteric Myobi?"

Autumn Sativus

Glad that one of the murderers had been removed from the train, the new concern was who had murdered the murderer. Sighing, Saffron looked around at those who had shared a carriage with Pixi the night before. "I'm unsure, but Imogen might know something about this."
Us against the world

sinera

"Your powers of perception amaze me, Ryven. I'll have you know I was in my suite in Carriage B listening to the Sonoric Serenade of the passenger in Suite 2." Her eyes glittered with amusement, knowing full well he was the occupant of that suite.

"I think Pixi must have had an accomplice. They argued, said accomplice murdered Pixi." How else could it be explained? Surely the odds of having more than one murderer aboard were astronomical!

She looked at Imogen. "Did you hear anything?" She knew from experience the suites weren't soundproof!

Imogen

Imogen bolted from her cabin, her hair was mussed from sleep and her demure nightgown fluttered around her knees as she ran through the corridor. "Oh no! Remiel!" She screamed and tried to look past the staff. Oh please, she thought, not Remiel. Her knees buckled with indecent relief when she learned the victim had not been someone she had known well. She collapsed onto a hall bench by the window and pressed her fist against her mouth in silent terror.

Shivering, Imogen looked up when she was addressed. The teardrop pearl swung and settled, it had not left her throat since Remiel had fastened the clasp the evening before. "I...I can't believe it. How can she be dead? I mean, if she is a murderer and we had a psychopath on board...." She bit her lip and let her voice trail off, unsure of how to finish that sentence without shooting herself in the foot.

She shook her head and stared glumly at the cup of tea a caring waiter had brought over. "I didn't hear anything. Nothing at all." A blush crept over her cheeks. "I slept." And she had dreamed oh so happily until Pixi's scream had ripped the pleasant visions apart. It had been a rude awakening from looking down at beautiful Vienna from the Prater's Riesenrad, Remiel's hand in hers.

"It can't have been Sinera." Imogen protested logically. "She wasn't even here. It has to be Beguile’s Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Remiel or myself." That wasn't going to enhance her chances of staying aboard, but as realization sank in that she had spend the night in a carriage with not one, but two murderers, Imogen wasn't certain if she didn't prefer taking the long route to Vienna. If not for Remiel and fear for all the other innocent passengers, as well as a stubborn desire to make her dream journey work, she might have prefered disembarking.  She clutched Kip's gift between her fingers and looked around searchingly.

"It wasn't me, and I trust Remiel." She blushed, knowing her reasons for trusting him. "So that leaves me with the choice between the other two, Esoteric and Beguile's Mistress."

"Beguile's, have you seen Pixi last night?"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Kip

Current Voting :
Imogen - 2 votes : Saffron, sinera
Beguile's Mistress - 1 vote : Imogen
Esoteric Myobi - 1 vote : Kyrsa
Sinera - 1 vote : Ryven
Aiden
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Mitholmwen
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Trieste
Valerian

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Esoteric Myobi

Myobi stared blankly at Kyrsa for a moment, completely befuddled as her mind was still reeling from recent events. Having left her own suite soon after the scream had pierced the silent night air, her appearance was rather disheveled. Similarly dressed as a few other patrons were in a mere gown and slippers, realization of Kyrsa's accusation dawned slowly in her eyes.

Quote from: Kyrsa on April 06, 2010, 12:28:16 AM
"I... I knew Pixilicious, I never even suspected.  If someone I considered a friend could be a murderer, anyone could be.  Someone else in her cabin had to kill her, even if they did us a favor by taking out someone so dangerous, it was still murder.  What do you have to say for yourself Esoteric Myobi?"

"W-what? Me?" Aghast, she almost thought she was still dreaming though sleep was the farthest thing from her mind at the moment. "I would never! Even if she had been one of the murderers, for the better or for the worse I couldn't even think of taking another's life..." Not to mention she was sound asleep until mere moments ago.

As Imogen declared that she had heard nothing, she glanced over at the other two passengers. "Perhaps Remiel had heard something from his room?"

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Ryven

Quote from: sinera on April 06, 2010, 01:35:45 AM
"Your powers of perception amaze me, Ryven. I'll have you know I was in my suite in Carriage B listening to the Sonoric Serenade of the passenger in Suite 2." Her eyes glittered with amusement, knowing full well he was the occupant of that suite.

"I think Pixi must have had an accomplice. They argued, said accomplice murdered Pixi." How else could it be explained? Surely the odds of having more than one murderer aboard were astronomical!

She looked at Imogen. "Did you hear anything?" She knew from experience the suites weren't soundproof!

"Clearly you do not see the nature of my vote.  With Pixi found as one of the murderers, do you not think that whoever killed her was doing so in self-defense?  Good on them.  I have no one to suspect.  Keep in mind, there is a security guard still on board.  They could have easily been the one to have defended themselves.  Then again...you'd have to be crazy to take one with murderous intent.  Hmm...I change to Beguile's."

Trieste

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Marguerite

Beguile's Mistress

The commotion in the passageway, screams, cries, the voices raised in fear and suspicion, had drawn Beguile from her compartment.  She stared in horror at the body lying on the floor and the knife protruded from the chest.

"Oh, no!  Not another one!" she cried.  Then turned and stared at the milling passengers after hearing her name spoken several times.  "I haven't talked to the girl since we boarded the train!  We didn't even introduce ourselves or exchange names and Pixilicious was still in the lounge when I left and went to bed."  Pulling her robe tight around her and crossing her arms against her stomach Beguile looked at the faces of the others.  One of these was a murder, or maybe more than one.

Her eyes went to Imogen and Remiel and much as it pained her to accuse a fellow traveler she banked on the certainty in the voices of some of the others.

"Imogen, how could you?"

Valerian

Val joined the others, pale and quiet.  She hardly knew what to think.  On the one hand, Pixi had seemed so friendly and, well, safe.  On the other, she must have been responsible for LadySky's death, and then had sat quietly back, letting Spell and Val herself, both innocent passengers, take the blame for the crime.

"I don't know who to blame, any more than anyone else does -- except the killer, of course," she added, dryly.  "But this reminds me too much of what happened last time, so many people so quick to vote for the same person.  Perhaps it would be better to look to Remiel for some answers as to what happened here last night."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

He arrived at the dining car shortly after Imogen did, looking sombre and grave.  His collar was rumpled, his tie lopsided and loose.    The jarring scream had awoken him from his rather pleasant sleep, and he had hastily dressed in the dark.  The reason for his dishabille was going to be apparent, soon enough.  When it was revealed that Pixilicious had been a sociopath, and the most likely reason for the death of Ladysky, he merely nodded to himself, having suspected her as the culprit, despite voting for Valerian.

He took a deep breath, glancing at the lady next to him.  For a moment, he considered lying, pinning the blame on Imogen, so she would be safely disembarked.  He would miss her company sorely, but better to have her alive than risk the chance she could be the next victim. 

But however chivalrous the motive, it would not be an honest one.  Sighing, he cleared his throat and addressed the assembled company.

"Friends, Imogen had nothing to do with Pixilicious' death.  And neither did I.  I know this because..."  --and here he blushed, and glanced askew-- "because we shared a suite last night.  We were together the whole time.  There was no way one of us could have left without the other knowing."

He slipped his hand into Imogen's glove, giving her fingers a squeeze.  "That only leaves Beguile's Mistress and Esoteric Myobi as the culprit.  I do not know which of them is the guilty party, but it had to have been one of those two.  I'm going to say Beguile's Mistress, and pray to God that I am correct."

Imogen

"It wasn't me." Imogen's voice was quiet. "I know every one would say that, but it really wasn't." There was no indignation or anger at the accusations, she understood the fear and suspicions of the others only too well. There was one silver lining, however, and that was the knowledge that she was innocent. To her, it meant she had more information than the passengers from the other carriages and she tried to reason her way through the events.

She sighed and held Remiel's hand tightly, blushing at his words. However, she did not contradict him, but merely added a few words herself. "I am afraid." She admitted. "Not for myself... once on the train station I shall be safe. But I know I am innocent and you will make a dreadful mistake if you focus your suspicions at me."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Nadir

Beguile's Mistress

"How convenient that the two of you can alibi each other.  But isn't that what lover's would do?  Or a murder and their accomplice?"  Beguile looked the two in the eye as she faced them.  "Each of you had a compartment neighboring Pixilicious.:

"I came on this trip to rest and not to create more stress for myself.  Two murders and accusing fingers pointed at me are not what I call relaxing."

Kip

Current Voting :
Beguile's Mistress - 6 votes : Imogen, Ryven, Remiel, Eden, Aiden, Cardwolf
Imogen - 5 votes : Saffron, sinera,  Mithlomwen, Beguile's Mistress, Caeli
Remiel - 3 votes : Esoteric Myobi, Marguerite, Valerian
Esoteric Myobi - 2 vote : Kyrsa, Trieste
Aiden
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Mitholmwen
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Sinera
Trieste
Valerian

Yet to vote :
Izu
ScorpioQueen

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Cardwolf

Card looked around a little wildly as another murder had been commited.  He covered his mouth and looked around his hands shaking.  "I can't believe this is happening...."  He said his mouth feeling dry as he looked around the room at all the fellow travelers, any of them could be murderers.  "I...I...I will go with general conseus on this one, I have no desire to debate again.  Imogen

Remiel

Remiel scowled.  "Are you all mad?  Imogen is innocent, and you shall all be the sorrier for her absence."

Trieste

Well, you were in the carriage, closer than all of us. Who would you say, Remiel?

Cardwolf

"I would rather hear all of the stories as well, but for now my vote remains unchanged."

Aiden

Looking up from a sheet of scribblings the man had been keeping since the murders began, he looked at the passengers in car D and knew one of them was a killer.
"Beguile's Mistress, you might dance like a saint but I feel you are a sinner behind those deceptive eyes."

Remiel

Quote from: Trieste on April 06, 2010, 06:38:59 PM
Well, you were in the carriage, closer than all of us. Who would you say, Remiel?

He sighed.  "By the process of deduction, it must be either Esoteric Myobi or Beguile's Mistress. That's all I can tell you. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you which one it is."

Cardwolf

"On what matters of deduction?  Pixilicious was the murder from the night before obviously as she was also in that car.  Someone must have done her in this night when she attacked; however we have no clue who it could be.  Unless your not telling us something Remiel."  Card's hands slammed against a near by table causing it to rattle and a few glasses to fall to the floor shattering.  Card's emerald eyes clearly trained on Remiel.  "Spit it out....if you know something, you best tell us all because this is our safety your toying with."

Trieste

Well...

Hm.

Esoteric Myobi, then. But if you're wrong, Remiel, I'll be pretty hard-pressed to follow your deductions again.

Remiel

Quote from: Cardwolf on April 06, 2010, 07:08:43 PM
"On what matters of deduction?  Pixilicious was the murder from the night before obviously as she was also in that car.  Someone must have done her in this night when she attacked; however we have no clue who it could be.  Unless your not telling us something Remiel."  Card's hands slammed against a near by table causing it to rattle and a few glasses to fall to the floor shattering.  Card's emerald eyes clearly trained on Remiel.  "Spit it out....if you know something, you best tell us all because this is our safety your toying with."

"All I can tell you is that Imogen and I were each other's alibis last night.  The outcome of this day's vote will determine the truth one way or another.  Either Imogen and I are both murderers, or neither of us are."

Cardwolf

Card's eyebrow slowly rose as he looked at Remiel, then turned his back to him understanding what he was saying.  "If you say so...I'll take your word for it then...you know all you had to say was you were having 'alone' time yesterday.  Card rolled his eyes, before changing his vote to Beguile's Mistress

Trieste

* Trieste mutters something about some people getting all the alonetime on the train.

Ryven

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world

Cardwolf

Begins wondering how people could think about 'alone time' after a murder had just been commited.

Trieste

Others' deaths encourage the celebration of life. Check the birth rate nine months after any major natural disaster or war.

Nadir

Cardwolf

"How did you read my mind?"  Card asked suddenly very scared.

Beguile's Mistress

"You are all so wrong to think that I could do this.  I'm no murderer.  How could I defend myself against someone determined to kill and also have the strength to turn the knife on them?"  Beguile stood and paced back and forth in agitation.

"I was asleep!  I wasn't close enough with one or both of them between me and Pixilicious.  Lovers and accomplices will lie for each other.  Besides how are we to know that while one slept the other didn't sneak out and do the deed?"

"I'm not the murder.  It's her," Beguile cried pointing to Imogen.  "And perhaps her lover assisted her!"  Beguile's finger flicked the air in Remiel's direction.

Cardwolf

"While all of that is very likely Beguile...we know nothing, the only person who could have told us anything unbiased would have been Pix...and she herself was a murderer.  We have no idea of anything, but it is possible it did occur.  Right now we are running out of time and people.  So far two have been murdered and only one person is truly safe right now and that is Spell."

Card sat back down and folded his hands in front of him looking forward at everyone else before sipping on some cool water he asked for and cleaning up the mess he made of the ground.  "Right now I only know one thing for certain and thats who the Engineer on this train is.  To the best of my knowledge currently anyone on his train could well be a murderer.  All we know is that one murderer died, but was replaced with another one who hid their action and washed their hands of it.  So as I can see it right now, we're back where we started as anyone who wouldn't step forward to claim self-defense...is obviously plotting as well."

Ryven

"Exactly how do you know who the Engineer is?"

Cardwolf

"I could smell her at night, she reeks of coal."

Ryven

"Him?  Well, that narrows it down.  It's either yourself or Remiel."

Marguerite

Trieste

* Trieste resents the implication that only men can be engineers.

Nadir

Ryven

Weird, for some reason I thought Card and Remiel were in the same carriage last night.  Nevermind.  However, with my own knowledge and Card's new information, I too know who the Engineer is.  Supposedly.

Marguerite

I know you were honey but you fell asleep literally on top of moi.

Cardwolf

"Seems everyone was having a 'bit of fun' last night."

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on April 06, 2010, 07:32:39 PM
"You are all so wrong to think that I could do this.  I'm no murderer.  How could I defend myself against someone determined to kill and also have the strength to turn the knife on them?"  Beguile stood and paced back and forth in agitation.

"I was asleep!  I wasn't close enough with one or both of them between me and Pixilicious.  Lovers and accomplices will lie for each other.  Besides how are we to know that while one slept the other didn't sneak out and do the deed?"

"I'm not the murder.  It's her," Beguile cried pointing to Imogen.  "And perhaps her lover assisted her!"  Beguile's finger flicked the air in Remiel's direction.

Myobi was inclined to agree with Beguile. Friends and lovers could easily lie for the other, or perhaps just shielding them out of sheer trust instead of actual knowledge of their person. She wondered if she had been mistaken as the frenzied rush earlier had been rather chaotic, but she was sure that she had seen Imogen leave from her own room and Remiel from his...While the night may have been spent together, did they decide to return to their own rooms? During those few minutes, even if they were sparse, they were no doubt more than enough time for the horrid deed to have been done.

Quiet as she nursed her thoughts, she continued to eye the couple suspiciously. In the end, even if one were an innocent passenger, at least that person would be safe for the rest of the journey upon arriving at the next station.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kip

Current Voting :

Beguile's Mistress - 8 votes : Imogen, Ryven, Remiel, Eden, Aiden, Cardwolf, Izu, Caeli
Imogen - 8 votes : Saffron, sinera,  Mithlomwen, Beguile's Mistress, Marguerite, ScorpioQueen, Esoteric Myobi, Trieste
Remiel - 1 vote : Valerian
Aiden
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Mitholmwen
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Sinera
Trieste
Valerian

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Beguile's Mistress

"Imogen and Remiel are going to point the finger at me," Beguile said, walking a short distance away from the group.  "It's the only way they can cover for themselves and each other.  Besides, were they really together every second of the time?  I hardly think so."

Beguile turned and stared out the window, not watching the scenery but the reflections of the people behind her.  How to convince them of her innocence?  If only evidence could be found that would prove it could have been either Remiel or Imogen.  Taking a deep breath Beguile turned back toward the others.

"I went to my compartment and locked the door.  I changed my clothes and went to bed.  I fell asleep and didn't hear a thing until the scuffle and screams woke me and I left my room." 

"It has to be Imogen."

Marguerite

After listening to a few pleas and explanations, Marguerite changed her vote to Imogen. I want to put the two of you up to see if perhaps we can figure out who will break under the pressure.

Cardwolf

Card merely listened to them and silently asked for two tablets of advil and looked around at them all. 

ScorpioQueen

Scorpio sat back with fear when informed about another death on the train, and with a twist, the murderer was murdered? "I hope that I'm making the right decision here or if it's fear that has guided me into my vote, but the thought of Remiel and Imogen covering for each other is frightening, I vote Imogen. I'm sorry hun." Scorpio sighs deeply hoping she has made the right decision.

Izu

Once again he hadn't heard much of the commotion as he had gone to his carriage quite drunk. When he woke up he found people yelling names and accusations once again. "Gh...mm... I'll vote for Beguile's Mistress ."

Caeli

"I'm changing my vote to Beguile's Mistress. We'll see how this pans out."
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Esoteric Myobi

After scrutinizing the couple a moment longer, Myobi decided to place her bet on Imogen instead.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Valerian

Val threw her hands up in despair.  "Oh, I don't even know what to think anymore.  It all comes down to luck in the end, anyway.  I'll just vote for Imogen, since there's no chance of getting Remiel off the train.  And if she turns out to be guilty, then we'll know who to look at if anyone else is killed.  Either both of you are murderers or neither, isn't that what you said, Remiel?"
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

I'm with Val on this one. I can't decide.

Imogen.

Imogen

Imogen set her tea cup to one side and rose. Rising to tiptoe she pressed a gentle kiss to Remiel's kiss. "You know where I shall be." She whispered. "I'll wait for you." Turning then to the others, she offered a faint smile. "I think that deep down you all know I'm innocent but just don't know who to vote for. It is alright, I hold no grudges and shall pray for your safety in the coming nights."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Remiel smiled sadly, brushing his lips across Imogen's knuckles in return.  "My only consolation is that at least you'll be safe and out of reach of the murderer.  It'll be hard to go on without you, my dear."  Taking her arm, walking her to the exit of the carriage, he turned and cupped her chin in his palm, his lips drawing near to whisper a bittersweet farewell into her ear. 

"I'll see you in Vienna."

Marguerite

"I did not know this was a love soap opera," she answered watching the two love birds all the while wondering if the decision was going to turn out right.

ScorpioQueen

Scorpio chuckles at Marguerite's comment as she watches the couple. "We haven't officially kicked someone off yet..it's still a tie."

Marguerite

Quote from: ScorpioQueen on April 07, 2010, 12:18:00 PM
Scorpio chuckles at Marguerite's comment as she watches the couple. "We haven't officially kicked someone off yet..it's still a tie."

"True and will we be able to survive if the person is innocent?,' she answered, tying her hair back into a messy ponytail.

Cardwolf

"Such things are better left in the hands of God or Fate...or whatever you believe in."  Card said sadly opening a bible.

Kip

Quote from: Kip on April 06, 2010, 09:10:21 PM
Current Voting :

Beguile's Mistress - 8 votes : Imogen, Ryven, Remiel, Eden, Aiden, Cardwolf, Izu, Caeli
Imogen - 8 votes : Saffron, sinera,  Mithlomwen, Beguile's Mistress, Marguerite, ScorpioQueen, Esoteric Myobi, Trieste
Remiel - 1 vote : Valerian

The fear of a tough choice evident in his eyes, Kip turned to Kyrsa and Valerian. 

"There are two leading candidates.  I would ask you to reconsider your vote in light of this and perhaps we can come to a consensus."

All other votes are locked in - Valerian and Kyrsa - please make a choice between Imogen and Beguile's Mistress.

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Valerian

Quote from: Valerian on April 07, 2010, 08:30:46 AM
Val threw her hands up in despair.  "Oh, I don't even know what to think anymore.  It all comes down to luck in the end, anyway.  I'll just vote for Imogen, since there's no chance of getting Remiel off the train.  And if she turns out to be guilty, then we'll know who to look at if anyone else is killed.  Either both of you are murderers or neither, isn't that what you said, Remiel?"
Did already.   ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kip

.. I knew that.  Out of fairness, I will wait to see if Kyrsa concurs or whether we'll need to tie break.

Current Voting

Imogen - 9 votes : Saffron, sinera,  Mithlomwen, Beguile's Mistress, Marguerite, ScorpioQueen, Esoteric Myobi, Trieste, Valerian
Beguile's Mistress - 9 votes : Imogen, Ryven, Remiel, Eden, Aiden, Cardwolf, Izu, Caeli, Kyrsa

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Kye

"I will vote for Beguile's Mistress." Kyrsa said after much thought.

ScorpioQueen

"Oh bloody hell, a tie? How are we going to go about this now?" Scorpio sits back waiting to see what the final decision will be, she looks around at the other passangers wondering if we've all made the correct decisions with our votes.

Nadir

ScorpioQueen

Smiles at Eden, "I agree with Eden, if they both have such high votes, maybe they both should get off at the next stop." 

Imogen

Imogen's hand slipped back in Remiel's, and a little frown creased upon her brow as some passenger's behaviour went from polite to outright crude. "I'll volunteer to disembark, if there is a problem." She stated drily, as this really wasn't a travel any sane person would choose to prolong.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Marguerite

Quote from: Eden on April 07, 2010, 06:43:54 PM
"Shove them both off!"

She blinked and went back to her vodka knowing Eden was always one to say what should have been said. The voting could go on for days and someone else might fall victim if it was pushed any further to wait.

Imogen

"To solve this, I shall change my vote to ..." Imogen's gaze flitted over those present and rested upon one random person. "Valerian."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Trieste

OOC

Imogen, be patient while Kip deals with IRL stuff and then he will post the tiebreaker.

Quote from: Kip on April 07, 2010, 05:30:28 PM
The fear of a tough choice evident in his eyes, Kip turned to Kyrsa and Valerian. 

"There are two leading candidates.  I would ask you to reconsider your vote in light of this and perhaps we can come to a consensus."

All other votes are locked in - Valerian and Kyrsa - please make a choice between Imogen and Beguile's Mistress.

Emphasis mine.

OOC

Kip

Kip looked around at everyone wringing his hands.  Fretting, he appeared torn as he didn't want the decision to fall onto the company for fear of the legal implications.  Before he could say anything, Imogen ran across to him and whispered in his ear.  His eyes widened and he shook his head but Imogen kept on talking before handing him a letter of some type.

Kip opened it up and quickly scanned it, his eyes softening as he read it.  With a quick nod and smile in Imogen's direction, he gestured to his staff who ran off in anticipation of his wishes.  As the train stopped at the station, he put an arm around Imogen's shoulder and whispered to her before the woman hopped off at the station.

As the train departed once more, Imogen could be seen smiling in obvious relief as she had saved herself from the grisly end that awaited innocent passengers.

Returning to his remaining guests, Kip bowed slightly. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, your carriage requests please."

----------------------------------

Please send me your carriage requests - A, B, C, D in priority order.

Thanks!

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Remiel

Remiel's heart sank, but he couldn't help but be impressed by the lady Imogen's quiet nobility as she nominated herself for removal, thus solving the impasse.  He was, of course, not surprised at all when her innocence was made public.  With bittersweet emotion, he helped her retrieve her valises and suitcases, hugged her good-bye, and watched her from the boarding car as she disembarked.   He continued to watch from the train window as the Elliquiy Express pulled away from the station, relieved that she would be safe, but sorrowful that he could not enjoy her company for the rest of the trip. 

Sighing, afflicted by a surly melancholy, he said not a word to the other passengers, but retreated to an unoccupied carriage in quiet seclusion.