Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

There was a loud rumble outside and the castle seemed to shake suddenly. "Go deeper into the castle," the man said, stepping back towards the shadow. "What is coming is well beyond your powers and the baby must be protected." He stepped back into the shadows, seeming to vanish into nothingness suddenly.

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head with a weary worried sigh and she keeps her right hand protectively over her belly. " Let's go then." She commands in a sense of urgent voice and Hannah starts to lead them deeper within the castle as if she had been there  before and as if she knew her way around.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"What's happening?" Jake asked the ogre as they followed her through the hallways.

"I'm...not certain," the ogre replied. "My kind are not as sensitive to magic as the dragons are, but I can sense something outside these walls intent on entering the castle."

Lady Temptress

Hannah haults at the staircase to the library. " Someone is in there." She says as she waits to see what the men want to do.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

The ogre smiled slightly as Jake backed away nervously. "You have nothing to fear," the ogre said. "With this many young dragon whelps they need a female dragon to protect them. Maybe later I will introduce you but speaking to a female dragon when her young are in danger is not a good idea."

Lady Temptress

" Well, I'm half dragon and I have a baby inside of me." Hannah says with a smirking laughter and she listens to the orge.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

As they continued along the hall they passed an immense door covered in strange writing and guarded by two huge hooded figures leaning on long silvery swords. The ogre nodded in their direction but neither appeared to acknowledge the passers-by.

Lady Temptress

Hannah follows them as she walks beside Jake and she notices the strange masked figures but she pays them no attention. She just keeps walking and continuing their journey.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

They passed through an almost invisible archway which lead into a room at whose centre was an immense glowing crystalline structure. "The infinite crystal," the ogre said, nodding towards it. "The most powerful weapon in all of reality, if this fell into the wrong hands then history would be changed permanently."

Lady Temptress

Hannah looks at the weapon and then at the guys, along with the orge. " And why are we here?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Because this is what the Time Hunters ultimately want," the ogre replied. "As long as we control it then there is a way to reverse the damage they have caused, but if they were to control it then no power in the universe could restore the timeline."

"Then why not just destroy it?" Jake asked.

"You think we wouldn't have done that if it was a possibility?" the ogre replied calmly.

Lady Temptress

" What are we needed here for? How are we to fix whatever needs fixing?" She says while standing beside Jake and listening to everything thats being said.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Our powers are weakening," a voice said as the man they had seen earlier reappeared. "To use the crystal to fix the fracture in the timeline requires more energy than any of my kind have any more. We need someone to enter the timeline and repair the fracture to the point where it can be fixed, but we cannot enter the timestream."

Lady Temptress

" Well, for some odd reason, I seem to know how to fix the timeline." Hannah spoke up admittingly and that nore than likely stunned the others from what she just stated.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You have to be certain it is right though," the man replied. "Once the crystal has been activated then whatever action you take will be irreversible, for good or for bad."

Lady Temptress

" I understand. Do you want me to try or not?" She gazes at the orge, then to Jake.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Try finding the source first," the man replied. "We believe there are multiple fractures out there but they all stem from the original break. If we can close the original then the rest will follow."

Lady Temptress

" I see." Thats all that Hannah remarks and she begins to attempt o fix the time line magically and mentally.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"It won't work from here," the man said. "You will have to enter the timestream, we cannot be certain what awaits you where the alteration was made though so you will need help."

Lady Temptress

" Alright, let's get to it." She says as she leads them to where they need to fix the timeline.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Jake had followed her, along with the ogre and two creatures who looked similar to those they had seen guarding the mysterious door. They found themselves in the middle of a boiling hot wasteland, above which they could see what looked like a huge crack in the sky.

"Uh, I'm not an expert on this whole time travel thing," Jake said with a nervous laugh, "but I'm guessing that's not good."

"Something's holding that open," the ogre said. "Unless we can find it not even a dragon's magic would be able to close it."

Lady Temptress

Hannah just stands there looking around and listening to them talk again.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Can you sense anything Hannah?" the ogre asked. "Something here seems to be dampening my senses, your dragon blood might make it easier to sense things around here."

Lady Temptress

" Yes, I do sense something. But, I'm not sure what it is. I have to go farther in." She says curiously and cautiously.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Be careful," one of the other creatures growled. "I am hoping what I sense is wrong."

"Why?" Jake asked, trying to hide the panic in his voice.

"Because if I'm right there's an army heading right for us," the creature said, seeming to show an almost disturbing level of calm considering what he was saying.