What's in the news?

Started by Beorning, September 21, 2014, 07:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Missy on April 23, 2018, 08:35:53 PM
There's something about having your avatar next to this statement that makes it a thousand times better XD

*bites my lip, both to keep from giggling and to avoid saying anything sensitive*  :-X

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Missy

Quote from: gaggedLouise on April 24, 2018, 03:38:35 AM
*bites my lip, both to keep from giggling and to avoid saying anything sensitive*  :-X

sensitive?

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Missy on April 24, 2018, 06:43:42 AM
sensitive?

Not about either of us as persons. :) Imeant: something that might breach the rules for this subforum.

Lustful Bride

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Quote from: Missy on April 23, 2018, 08:35:53 PM
There's something about having your avatar next to this statement that makes it a thousand times better XD

?

Missy

Quote from: gaggedLouise on April 24, 2018, 07:15:55 AM
Not about either of us as persons. :) Imeant: something that might breach the rules for this subforum.

explain?

appears something I've overlooked.

Missy

Quote from: The Lovely Tsarina on April 24, 2018, 08:36:59 AM
?

I don't know, maybe I'm just weird or dumb or something, I can be pretty odd sometimes, I just think it's funny havign a giggling avatar next to that. Like I said I'm probly just weird.

Deamonbane

Quote from: Missy on April 24, 2018, 10:47:28 AM
I don't know, maybe I'm just weird or dumb or something, I can be pretty odd sometimes, I just think it's funny havign a giggling avatar next to that. Like I said I'm probly just weird.
It made me chuckle as well. I most certainly am weird though.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Oniya

Yep, the fact that the avatar seems to be laughing along with the comment works for me.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Missy

Quote from: Deamonbane on April 24, 2018, 12:11:57 PM
It made me chuckle as well. I most certainly am weird though.

I guess it's just the coincidence of it, it just seemed oddly appropriate, even though it was clearly not planned that way XD

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Oh ok, I was confused. That happens, much. :-) ::)

gaggedLouise

Also, the wording "company of Russian hookers" is very funny - company can mean both "socializing with some people" and "firm, corporation". Now we know Trump is a business mogul with lots of companies, right? And he wishes to help the advance of corporate America, of companies. So... :P

Missy

Quote from: The Lovely Tsarina on April 24, 2018, 12:19:44 PM
Oh ok, I was confused. That happens, much. :-) ::)

I frequently feel that way with humans as well, they often seem confusing to me.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Missy on April 24, 2018, 01:00:04 PM
I frequently feel that way with humans as well, they often seem confusing to me.

Cats are much simpler.

1) Does your cat hate you?
2) Yes.
3) GOTO 1.

gaggedLouise

*giggles* Should this get branched off to a separate thread about understanding the strange minds of E members, especially when Russia is involved? :D

Oniya

Don't think it needs to get branched off.  This thread is pretty fluid on topics.

In general, we try to only split things off from here if they start drowning out other news.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

WindFish

Update on the Toronto attack. The attacker appears to be a member of the misogynist "Incel" movement. I've never heard of this group before, and from what I've heard, it's pretty disturbing.

10 dead, 15 injured. One of the deadliest attacks in Canadian history.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-facebook-post-connected-to-suspect-in-van-rampage-cites-incel/
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-van-attack-driver-profile-alek-minassian-1.4632435
Actively Searching For New One x Ones

Search Thread
O/Os
F-List

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: WindFish on April 24, 2018, 03:44:10 PM
Update on the Toronto attack. The attacker appears to be a member of the misogynist "Incel" movement. I've never heard of this group before, and from what I've heard, it's pretty disturbing.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-facebook-post-connected-to-suspect-in-van-rampage-cites-incel/
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-van-attack-driver-profile-alek-minassian-1.4632435

incels are quite disturbing. Often hear them say shit like sisters should fuck their brothers, rape is totally ok, all hot women should be handed out to those that can't get laid. Women that are not virgins are useless (yeah go figure, they want to get laid but only with super hot virgins). etc.. just go to reddit and inceltears and.. well.. prepare for nightmares. Reddit kicked the real incel forum off a while ago.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: WindFish on April 24, 2018, 03:44:10 PM

Just...wow.

Regina Minx

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on April 24, 2018, 03:48:27 PM
incels are quite disturbing. Often hear them say shit like sisters should fuck their brothers, rape is totally ok, all hot women should be handed out to those that can't get laid. Women that are not virgins are useless (yeah go figure, they want to get laid but only with super hot virgins). etc.. just go to reddit and inceltears and.. well.. prepare for nightmares. Reddit kicked the real incel forum off a while ago.

Sorrow TV, Walter Fate, and Cuestar all have Youtube channels where they read the comments of the now defunct r/incels and the incel community websites. The word itself is a portmanteau of 'involuntary celibate,' and it is a group of men who have not had luck attracting appropriate attention from the opposite sex. They have internalized a lot of self-loathing while at the same time adopting a sense of righteous fury and outrage at what they perceive as the degeneracy that surrounds them. Like your really great cults, they have a lot of peculiar jargon they use to describe common elements. Stacy and Chad. Cope. Blue Pill/Red Pill/Black Pill. Wagecucking. Roastie.

Sara isn't wrong in that their level of misogyny is disturbing. People like Sorrow, Walter, and Cuestar make it funny, but it's very sad at the core how desperate and full of hate these men are. And then they do shit like the Toronoto van attack, or Elliot Roger's shooting spree in 2014, and it gets less funny.

Lustful Bride

I could make a prison joke. But I'm sure we are all thinking of it.

I hope he never sees the open air again. He doesn't deserve to breathe the air of a free person.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Oh my God, that is super creepy, and scarey.  :-(

TheGlyphstone

This was the first i ever knew of this attack. Holy crap.

gaggedLouise

Wow...are those guys deliberately trying to go to jail, long-term?  ::)

Ket

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.