Interest Check - oWoD style Marvel Mutants

Started by Krysia, July 26, 2011, 11:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia

Ok so I have this old system sitting around that is kind of awesome. It's a old world of darkness style system for DC/Marvel/Image style characters. Basically a list of mutant/super human abilities to build original comic book mutants.

I was wondering how many people would be interest in starting a game?

PM or Post here!

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Jin

Seaweed

Krysia

Well seeing as I have some interest in the game, let me drop some information about the system.

It is a white wolf d10 system style game where you put together 2 stats to get your dice pool so that much hasn't changed at all. If you know old world of darkness then you will know how to roll dice in the system.

There is a butt load of mutant abilities in the system. It's just like picking your attributes. You pick a Primary stats, then a secondary and a tertiary stat as well. Your powers work in that same order. You pick either Physical, Social or Mental to be in one of those categories. Say you pick Mental and Social to be your primary or secondary (in that order) and physical is your tertiary Power. You wouldn't be allowed to gain any more points in your tertiary Power with XP. So it forces you in a way to pick wisely. Now that doesn't mean you -have- to pick a tertiary power at all. You could go with just a primary and secondary allowing you free reign in leveling those powers with XP. With the powers also come Power Stunts you can perform making your powers a bit more oomphy. (Yes oomphy) Say you have One of the healing abilities. You could take power stunts with them so that when you perform your healing you could only say dull the pain of the injury until someone can look at it better.

If you are still interested after hearing a bit of the details please feel free to continue to post here. :) I was some females in the game if possible!

Seaweed

I am still interested. But I'll let you know, numbers and math aren't my strong suit. So I may need some assistance when it comes to the stats.

Krysia

That's not a problem. I'll probably be putting up a very quick and simple creation rules to help make the character building quicker. :) As I said the system has a ton of mutant/super human powers in it. And I know Jinhitomi knows the system as well so I'm sure he'll help with questions/creation help.

Jin

I have Used the system before as well so I may be able to help out a bit.  :-)

Jin

Well I guess that seals it I am helping lol xD

Seaweed

Sounds like a plan. I can't wait to start.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Krysia on July 27, 2011, 06:42:26 AM
If you are still interested after hearing a bit of the details please feel free to continue to post here. :) I was some females in the game if possible!

*checks parts*

Me!

Jin

Well It is good to see more people are interested in the game.  If I were you guys I would begin thinking about what kind of powers you guys want. A little more information for everyone. On top of going with a stat (ie: picking Primary secondary and tertiary to go with stats) Which in the book the stat will be listed next to the power. They are then divided into Active and Passive powers. For example Cyclops' Eye blast; Gambits' Kinetic Charges, These are examples of Active powers. Passive would be something like Iron Fist's Martial Arts abilities.  Thinking about what kind of powers you Want will help you immensely in character creation, As making my first Character it is the part that took me the longest. If you have any questions feel free to PM me; I will do my best to answer them.

Krysia

Also on top of having the active and passive powers there are also merits and flaws just like in a normal white wolf setting. These merits/flaws can work with powers as well. We'll take Cyclops' eye blast for example. Where it is an active power to where he has to turn it on to use it. There is a flaw that makes this power active all the time, hence the need for his ruby quartz lens he looks through to stunt his power from decimating everything he looks at.

I want to try and have people create original characters if possible, cannon characters 99% of the time will be npcs.

Pumpkin Seeds

This sounds kind of neat.  Mind if I come and sit with you guys a bit?

Krysia

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on July 28, 2011, 09:10:12 AM
This sounds kind of neat.  Mind if I come and sit with you guys a bit?

Not at all :) The more the merrier!

Jin

Welcome,  :D If you have any questions let us know we are more than happy to answer. Enjoy.

Pumpkin Seeds

Just kind of peeking around for the rules

Foxy DeVille

What would the setting be? Are we all heroes? Rookies or vets? Will we be a team or just in the same area? May I have a pony?

Keelan

Hm... I might be interested... vaguely familiar with oWoD, but where can I find the details on the particular non-mortal system that we're working with at the moment?  I'd like to be able to look the information up and view it myself, please and thanks ^_^

...and are their rules against emulating the abilities of canon Marvel characters?  Favorites are X-23, Shadowcat, and Psylocke...

Jin

We don't have any Issue against emulating the abilities of the Marvel Characters. We just Want original characters not playing the cannon Characters. :D

Krysia

Attributes: 7/5/3
Abilities: 13/9/5
Powers: 6 Ranks
Backgrounds: 5
Willpower: 3
Power Potential: 3
Actual Power Level: 3
Power Charge: initial value equal to Actual Power Level

Spend Freebie Points: 15
Attributes: 5 per dot.
Abilities: 2 per dot.
New Power: 7 points
Power Rank: 5 per dot.
Power Stunts: 3 points
Power Potential: 2 per dot.
Actual Power Level: 4 per dot.
Willpower: 1 per dot.
Backgrounds: 1 per dot.
Merits: the value of the Merit
Flaws: adds a number of points equal to the value of the Flaw. Only a total of 7 points of Flaws can be taken.
Merits and Flaws will be used from the other oWoD books as well.
Storyteller has final say on whether a particular Merit or Flaw is allowed.

Setting will be in a kind of Gen X setting. Yes I'll be using Marvel as a base setting. Time line will NOT be in conjunction with any time line that Marvel does. I'm thinking Seniors in high school so it would be a Rookie type setting. It will be at Xavier's Institute for Gifted Youngsters. Teams will be formed in a way. There will be certain jobs your teachers will assign you. The  other thing you should keep in mind is there are rules in the school and just like breaking the rules anywhere there are punishments. I'll be starting the character thread and the OOC thread where I will post the web site to get the pdf from for the rules. Also I will post the blank character sheets up so you can just copy and paste it into your own post when building your character. As always if you have any questions you can pm me or Jin and we'll help as best we can.

Krysia

Quote from: Foxy Oni on July 28, 2011, 09:36:03 AM
What would the setting be? Are we all heroes? Rookies or vets? Will we be a team or just in the same area? May I have a pony?

If you got the resources for it I don't see why you can't have a pony!

PhantomPistoleer

Could you guys please post the exact name of the book you're using?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Jin

It's not a book it was a fan made Pdf Using the world of Darkness system. We are working on getting it on a website so that you guys can have it.

Keelan

Okay, I'll be on a little bit later, so hopefully the PDF will be up by then.  Won't be able to have a character until at least tonight.

Also, this is a personal request of mine: if anything sexual happens in-game, I don't want it to be with anybody under the age of 18 given the highschool setting.  I know the site's limits are 16, but 18 is my personal cut-off; it squicks me out when it's any younger and I'm not inclined to 'learn to like it' or anything of the sort.