Pathfinder Adventurers Guild [No Longer Seeking]

Started by PhantomPistoleer, October 24, 2018, 01:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixy

I'm working on the accounting right now... we won't need too much for the communal fund but thank you for the update.

I need the group's thoughts on this: if we have a dedicated base of operations, what will it be?  Bear in mind we'll have to pay for it (rent) if we want a non-mobile residence.

IF we rent a barn or something, we can consider it like renting poor accommodations.  If we do that, I think it would be like a poor stay at an inn (2 gp per night times an unknown multiplier)  I was thinking of dedicating 1 treasure chest (more weather-resistant and tougher) to each party member.  But that will probably have to wait until we can afford to buy real estate.  That's too expensive, I think.  Our best bet would be to try to recruit some people and found a settlement.  I don't know how we'd go about scoring some arable land.

Wenceslas - Chronicler
Dalea - Frontline Fighter (striker)
Salvador - Ranged Expert
Damien - Arcane Caster
Valter - Frontline Fighter (defender)
Koba - Trapmaster
(Unknown by Snake) - Fighter/Archer

For now I have the basic equipment for camping, cooking, survival, gear maintenance, and core storage.  Runs about 300 lbs  and a little over 300 gold, but includes 8 bear traps and sufficient camo nets to cover our tents.  Not including rations yet-- we gotta gauge distance first.

Travel gear: 316.33
Dalea: 2180
Salvador: TBD
Koba: 4140
Valter: TBD
Damien: TBD
(Unnamed Snake's PC): TBD
Total spent: 11548.33

Funds remaining: 23,351 gold 6 silver 7 copper

you 4 players left can average 5,600 gold each for gear with us having enough left for specific gear for the trip.  Ideally, try to keep it at 5,000 and we'll pool the leftover for emergency funds and group funds for things like kits, sunrods for you pink-skins, specialized arrows, trained hirelings, tools, etc.  If we can find someone savvy to carry a handy haversack then GREAT but, if you screw us, we take your ears.

Zaer Darkwail

I can settle for 5,000gp in gear, although GM adviced to get a mobile base of operations. So a sailing ship?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 05, 2018, 03:32:15 AM
I can settle for 5,000gp in gear, although GM adviced to get a mobile base of operations. So a sailing ship?

A good idea,  yet its 10k GP and then we need a crew of hirelings to run the ship.  A sailing ship calls for a crew of twenty.  An that will be per day cost.    An then mounts for travel inland.   An hirelings to take care of mounts.

Perhaps reverse,   purchase ourselves mounts a wagon or two.   Along with hiring some hirelings.  Like two to five hirelings.  Not the twenty or so with having purchased a ship.   An keep a  separate fund for hiring transport across water when needed.   

firepyre

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 05, 2018, 03:32:15 AM
...mobile base of operations.

Personally, I interpret that as "whichever pub happens to be nearest".

I'll pretty much need to sink all the funds available to me into firearms and ammunition. Ideally, I'd like a brace of pistols, and a pair of paddlefoots(scatter pistols), but I'll hold off on exactly what I purchase till we have a better idea of what needs to be left in the group kitty. Another thing to consider is emergency magical items, Scrolls of Teleportation, that kind of thing. Expensive, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to prepare a few aces up our sleeves.

Arcanist

1. Do you guys suggest we buy horses as a group using party fund or should we buy one for ourselves individually.
2. A ship and wagons would be interesting as we can do some transport work and trading to supplement income and travelling expenses. That is if the DM approves.
3. I would like to purchase a full alchemy lab. Won’t be lugging it around but would be good if we can leave it sitting somewhere. I took craft alchemy and should be able to craft some stuff
4. A handy haversack is a brilliant idea. Buy it using communal funds?
5, so far, spending not much. But there is this rod I am eyeing on.

Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

PhantomPistoleer

All right, everyone --

Please place your character sheets here:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=295766.0

Please go to the OOC here:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=295765.0

No more posting in this thread please.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Hi, the group is seeking a cleric of some kind.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

ChaoticSky

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 07, 2018, 10:52:56 AM
Hi, the group is seeking a cleric of some kind.
A cleric specifically, or a character who can do healing/support divine casting?

firepyre

I'd say any suitably divine focused character would be fine(e.g, full divine caster on one side).

Snake

Muse

Please let me know if you still need a cleric type.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: firepyre on November 07, 2018, 05:20:14 PM
I'd say any suitably divine focused character would be fine(e.g, full divine caster on one side).

Yeah, it doesn’t have to be a cleric.  But I would like a full divine caster who can heal.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O