Prayers and vibes requested.

Started by Stattick, February 14, 2009, 01:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stattick

My best friend is shipping back out to the Middle East in a few days. He's career, US Army. We've been best friends for about 20 years. This time he's heading to Afghanistan instead of Iraq. I've already had people I've known come back no longer intact from there. In some ways, it can be worse to come back alive. My cousin's brain injury for instance... I still wonder if it would have been more merciful to his wife and family if he'd died physically instead. He's definitely not the same man they sent overseas, and he never will be. Brain injury. He has trouble walking, talking, etc. He's been in rehab for almost two years.

Anyhow, I love Nomad like a brother. He's a really good guy. He has a wife and two children. If you believe in such, I would very much appreciate it if you'll offer a prayer or some vibes for his safe return from the war.

Thank you.
O/O   A/A

Mithlomwen

I'll send him and his family as much as I can. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

consortium11

WyldRanger

He and his family will be in my prayers.

Dawg

I will include him and his family in my prayers.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Greenthorn

ShrowdedPoet

*lights candles and sends one up to Aries*
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Aragem

"Dear God, please look after the men who go overseas to risk their lives for our freedom and safety.  May they come home as they were when they left.  Amen."

Stattick

So odd playing with Nomad now that he's in Afghanistan (via Skype). We had to take a break last night because there was an explosion, and he had to check to see if there were any alarms/alerts... None, so he said that it was probably outgoing fire. So we started playing again. About 20 minutes later, there was an actual alarm to seek hard cover. The base was taking fire. I could just barely hear a little bit of shouting and commotion in the background.

Last week, he told us that where he was at was fairly safe, and that his barracks that he plays from is a hardened structure, designed to withstand a direct hit from big munitions. He said that it was the guys, "Down South that are in the shit."

Kinda surreal to be sitting there playing a game on-line with a buddy that's half a world away, while the base he's in is taking enemy fire. I could hear the concern in his voice, the stress, but at the same time, he had this sort of casual flippancy and fatalism. He attitude was sort of like, "Well, as long as there aren't any orders, and nothing big's going on, let's play. I don't want to be here. Take me somewhere else - let's game."  :-(
O/O   A/A

Dawg

It is odd.  I have a friend whom I still am in the same RP with that started almost 3 years ago and during the time we started he was in Northern Iraq.  Every time I heard or read a story I had to search for his name or wait for a post from him to make sure he was alright.

Let you friend know he has lots of prayers being said for his and his buddies safety.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]